March 28, 2024, 09:44:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 554182 times)
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #960 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »

Yoder, since you're our publishing expert , what's your thoughts about bozo having to go all the way down the ladder to Benbella?
Yoder, another question if I may -- do you think he tried to shop it with the big publishing houses and they turned him down?  Wouldn't it be nice to think our e-mail blasts did some good!

I will try to address both questions here.

https://www.worldswithoutend.com/publisher.asp?ID=20

Benbella refers to their on company as "Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Publisher." 

An author or agent goes through the Writer's Guide (the size of a New York City phone book, fine print on thin paper) and reads every word of every publisher's description. Then, when narrowed down to a publisher that publishes EXACTLY the kind of book the author has written, sends a query to that specific publisher. It takes a lot of study. It means looking at a publisher's catalogue to see if they have published similar books. There is no sense in sending a query to a publishing house that prints westerns if you have written a how to guide on raising pigs.

It is also important to go as high on the ladder of the publishing industry as possible. The bigger and older a publishing house, the better their marketing plan for your book...bigger the sales and of course, the respectability. In addition to traditional public publishing houses...a step up would be University Presses. Those publish at a higher academic level and gives the author a feather in their cap as well as practically universal positive reviews.

IMO, Bozo either personally knows the Benbella publisher and that is how this came about OR, it was the last ditch effort to get somebody, anybody, to get his book in print.

Cannot imagine how embarrassing it would be to have their imprint. To be honest, it would be better if he had gone to a vanity press and self-published. At least that way, he could claim "I wanted complete control of the project."

Benbella will probably press 2,000 copies and will eat most of them.

I cannot imagine how many rejection slips Bozo received while trying to peddle his manuscript. Again...In My Opinion.
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #961 on: May 16, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »

Yoder, since you're our publishing expert , what's your thoughts about bozo having to go all the way down the ladder to Benbella?
Yoder, another question if I may -- do you think he tried to shop it with the big publishing houses and they turned him down?  Wouldn't it be nice to think our e-mail blasts did some good!

I will try to address both questions here.

https://www.worldswithoutend.com/publisher.asp?ID=20

Benbella refers to their on company as "Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Publisher." 

An author or agent goes through the Writer's Guide (the size of a New York City phone book, fine print on thin paper) and reads every word of every publisher's description. Then, when narrowed down to a publisher that publishes EXACTLY the kind of book the author has written, sends a query to that specific publisher. It takes a lot of study. It means looking at a publisher's catalogue to see if they have published similar books. There is no sense in sending a query to a publishing house that prints westerns if you have written a how to guide on raising pigs.

It is also important to go as high on the ladder of the publishing industry as possible. The bigger and older a publishing house, the better their marketing plan for your book...bigger the sales and of course, the respectability. In addition to traditional public publishing houses...a step up would be University Presses. Those publish at a higher academic level and gives the author a feather in their cap as well as practically universal positive reviews.

IMO, Bozo either personally knows the Benbella publisher and that is how this came about OR, it was the last ditch effort to get somebody, anybody, to get his book in print.

Cannot imagine how embarrassing it would be to have their imprint. To be honest, it would be better if he had gone to a vanity press and self-published. At least that way, he could claim "I wanted complete control of the project."

Benbella will probably press 2,000 copies and will eat most of them.

I cannot imagine how many rejection slips Bozo received while trying to peddle his manuscript. Again...In My Opinion.

One more thing. Bozo could NOT get a suitable book deal for tot mom, the biggest name in the country. There is little call for a book by a step down to he, who also ran.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: May 16, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »

Never heard of benbella? Is it ghetto fabulous?

Loca
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: May 16, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

Casey Anthony to Zenaida Gonzalez: Who paid for your makeover?

Has Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, been paid for TV interviews? And who funded her makeover for an appearance on the "Dr. Phil" show? Anthony's attorneys want to know.

In a request filed Wednesday, Anthony's defense issued a variety of wide-ranging requests for information, most involving money or media appearances.

::snipping2::

The request covers documentation of payment for television, print and other media interviews, and specifically references an appearance with Dr. Phil McGraw that was taped in March and aired in April.

Anthony's defense is seeking info on money spent on "any hair treatment, skin treatment, dental work, clothing, shoes, jewelry, transportation, hotel accommodations, food [and] drink" for or during that TV appearance.

The request covers Gonzalez's bank and credit card statements, as well as pay stubs and job applications. Anthony's team also wants documentation of "gift(s)" given to Gonzalez's daughters by her attorneys' law firm.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-16/news/os-casey-anthony-zenaida-gonzalez-money-20120516_1_casey-anthony-zenaida-gonzalez-unrelated-check-fraud-conviction
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »

That money game needs to be played both ways.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: May 16, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »

Was just gonna say the say damn thing! 
How is the ho Casey affording piercings,new hair coloring, Skype, computer etc! I hate her.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: May 16, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: May 16, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »

Yeah! If kc  can afford all dem luxuries! Why is it wrong for zenaida to enjoy some of the luxuries! She didn't kill no one! Y'all are spot on! Where is kc's karma hanging out at! It's like long overdue?

Loca
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #968 on: May 16, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »

How is the ho Casey affording piercings,new hair coloring, Skype, computer etc! I hate her.

Absol-damn-lutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:28 AM »

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=536468
Casey Anthony prosecutor wants to revisit public records laws
by Joe Wilhelm Jr., Staff Writer
May 15, 2012

Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton said Monday he wants to take another look at Florida’s public record laws.

Ashton retired as a prosecutor in July soon after the highly publicized trial in which Anthony was acquitted in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.
Ashton spoke to the Clay County Bar Association Law Day event Monday at the Country Club of Orange Park.

“We must take efforts to keep the media from trying to replace us as the ultimate determiner of facts because they are not very good at it. They have no rules. They have no hearsay rules of evidence (which lawyers are required to adhere to). Opinion is often mistaken for fact and, to me, is the great threat to the justice system as a whole,” said Ashton.

Ashton had been a prosecutor for nearly 30 years in the Ninth Circuit before the Anthony trial and has been recognized as a pioneer in the use of DNA evidence to convict defendants.

Despite that experience, he acknowledged he was surprised at how big the case became.

“When the Casey Anthony case first happened, we all knew that it was going to be big, but I don’t think any of us ever imagined the insanity that would ensue with this case,” said Ashton.

The atmosphere around the trial became a source of discomfort for Ashton as he walked into the courthouse each day.

“One of the strangest events I experienced during the trial was the actual atmosphere outside the courthouse. Some of the spectators at the trial actually picked teams, which was disturbing to me,” he said.

“There were groups of individuals that actually cheered when their favorite attorney walked in. It is such an unseemly scene to see people treating the trial like it was a team sport,” he said.

He said that at times, he wanted to scold the spectators.

“People started looking at this case not like it was determining the truth about the death of a little girl, but rather like it was a team sport. I just wanted to turn around and say to them, ‘Just stop it. This is about something far more serious than who wins or who loses. This is about this child and what happened to her,’” said Ashton.

The Casey Anthony trial involved the disappearance of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony who was reported missing in July 2008 in Orlando. Her remains were found in December 2008 in a wooded area near her home.

Her then 22-year-old mother, Casey Anthony, was tried for the first-degree murder of the child and was acquitted. She was convicted of misdemeanor counts of providing false information to police officers.

“I think that is what the media failed to emphasize. It was all about who can come up with the latest information,” said Ashton. ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »

There are at least 2 news articles from separate sources that noted "Casey Anthony Served with Subpoena" and the articles are no longer available.   

From Google Search:
Casey Anthony served with subpoena

Central Florida News 13 - 23 hours ago
Casey Anthony is now one step closer to appearing in an Orange County court.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/15/casey_anthony_served.html
The article you have requested has either been moved or deleted.

Casey Anthony served with subpoena
Bay News 9 - ‎22 hours ago‎
One of the attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez is serving Casey Anthony with a subpoena Tuesday morning. Casey has been in hiding somewhere in Florida since her release from the Orange County Jail in July. A judge decided May 10 that while Casey can be ...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/5/15/casey_anthony_served.html
the latest on all of Thursday's Top Stories on Bay News 9.
The article you have requested has either been moved or deleted.

beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #971 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »

Hey, dog food is not cheap either!
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #972 on: May 17, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-14/entertainment/os-jose-baez-big-tease-20120514_1_baez-talks-jose-baez-casey-anthony
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez plays the big tease on HLN in promoting book
By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
May 14, 2012

Jose Baez gained a national platform, via HLN Monday night, to promote his new book. His hour visit to "Dr. Drew" amounted to a big tease for "Presumed Guilty," his book about the Casey Anthony trial.

He wasn't sharing a lot of details, following publisher's orders for a book that will be out in July. He offered variations on the statement "I talk about it in the book."

More...
I would buy his book to line a bird cage, even if I had a bird.

Sister you are SO cruel.  That poor little bird.  She would be dehydrated from "trying" to poop on it!   Monkey Devil!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-05-14/entertainment/os-jose-baez-big-tease-20120514_1_baez-talks-jose-baez-casey-anthony
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez plays the big tease on HLN in promoting book
By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
May 14, 2012

Jose Baez gained a national platform, via HLN Monday night, to promote his new book. His hour visit to "Dr. Drew" amounted to a big tease for "Presumed Guilty," his book about the Casey Anthony trial.

He wasn't sharing a lot of details, following publisher's orders for a book that will be out in July. He offered variations on the statement "I talk about it in the book."

More...
I would buy his book to line a bird cage, even if I had a bird.

Sister you are SO cruel.  That poor little bird.  She would be dehydrated from "trying" to poop on it!   Monkey Devil!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: May 17, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »

14 pages of questions they want ZG to answer          

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/Casey%20Anthony/CaseyVGonzalez-questions-0516.pdf
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: May 17, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »

Does it make anyone else wonder just who's on trial here?   

Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #976 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:19 PM »

The only ones making the big bucks off of tot mom, are Cindy and George. That burns me far more than hair dye and piercings.
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #977 on: May 17, 2012, 12:39:15 PM »

Does it make anyone else wonder just who's on trial here?   

I hope I am right on this; Add it all up and it still would not fully compensate for all the pain and anguish tot mom's lies caused this totally innocent woman and her family. The punitive damages alone, could be astounding.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: May 17, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: May 17, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.