March 28, 2024, 07:35:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some bottles of Excedrin, NoDoz, Bufferin and Gas-X recalled 1/9/12  (Read 2859 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 09, 2012, 11:26:34 AM »

BASEL, Switzerland — Novartis is recalling some bottles of Excedrin, NoDoz, Bufferin and Gas-X over concerns that the bottles could contain stray pills from other medicines, or chipped or broken tablets.

The news follows Novartis' recent decision to temporarily suspend production at its Lincoln, Neb., plant for "maintenance and other improvement activities."

The Swiss drug maker said it implemented the recall, which affects U.S. retailers, voluntarily and is working with the Food and Drug Administration during the process. It became aware of the potential problem during an internal review that identified broken and chipped pills, and inconsistent bottle packaging that could cause pills to be mixed up.

snipped
Novartis said that some of the bottles of headache medicine Excedrin and caffeine caplets NoDoz with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2014, or earlier will be subject to the recall. Some of the packages of pain medicine Bufferin and stomach medicine Gas-X with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2013,or earlier will also be affected.The company said it will post more information today on its website. Customers can also call the company at 1-888-477-2403 Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Drug-company-recalls-bottles-of-Excedrin-NoDoz-.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.