April 20, 2024, 06:38:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The prudent, penniless beginner in the world..."  (Read 3963 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »

The prudent, penniless beginner in the world, labors for wages awhile, saves a surplus with which to buy tools or land, for himself; then labors on his own account another while, and at length hires another new beginner to help him. This, say its advocates, is free labor -- the just and generous, and prosperous system, which opens the way for all -- gives hope to all, and energy, and progress, and improvement of condition to all. If any continue through life in the condition of the hired laborer, it is not the fault of the system, but because of either a dependent nature which prefers it, or improvidence, folly, or singular misfortune. I have said this much about the elements of labor generally, as introductory to the consideration of a new phase which that element is in process of assuming. The old general rule was that educated people did not perform manual labor. They managed to eat their bread, leaving the toil of producing it to the uneducated. This was not an insupportable evil to the working bees, so long as the class of drones remained very small. But now, especially in these free States, nearly all are educated -- quite too nearly all, to leave the labor of the uneducated, in any wise adequate to the support of the whole. It follows from this that henceforth educated people must labor. Otherwise, education itself would become a positive and intolerable evil. No country can sustain, in idleness, more than a small percentage of its numbers. The great majority must labor at something productive. From these premises the problem springs, "How can labor and education be the most satisfactory combined?"
- Abraham Lincoln, Wisconsin State Fair, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 30, 1859.

Today, government is run by the anti-Lincoln party.  For some reason, they think working people, laborers need to provide for the lazy and greedy.  The 'surplus' needs to be confiscated by the state for redistribution.  Estate and death taxes - 'What do they need that money for?  Did they earn it?'  Why should the state care about the estate left behind?  Confiscate the hard work of others?

Who will sustain Obama's welfare state?  Where is the money?  Confiscating the wealth of savers by printing more and more money?  Inflation?  Taxes?  Fees?  Regulation? 

Abraham Lincoln had the wisdom long ago to know that no country can sustain a massive welfare state.  When will the madness stop?  The growing food stamp crisis?  Endless global welfare being foisted on the backs of the American people?

For some reason, the Obama administration doesn't seem to believe that every person should labor.  Redistribute the labor of others!!!  No excess for hard working people - give it to the lazy and greed whom Obamacrats identify as suffering from politically determined disease/malaise of 'disparity'!!!

Take from hard working people and give it to others that are not victims, but may be lazy and greedy! 

The less fortunate need to be cared for, that is the job of charity, not the job of government.

just my humble opinion

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:21:20 PM »

Obama, the anti-Lincoln seems to have much in common with the slave trade.

'Slaves must have a master because they will never be able to take care of themselves.'  Thus, we have Obamacare, student loans, unions, welfare, food stamps, Social Security, DOJ...

Where is justice at the DOJ?  Why isn't every American given equal opportunity?  Why does it seem like the DOJ prefers that some, based on the color of their skin or ethnic origin are entitled to ever expanding opportunity while those not included in this preference get nothing?  The no win scenario for the non-minority, non-disparity Obama identified classes?

Is it about giving everyone opportunity?  Or stealing the opportunity from some based on politics?  Skin color?  Political donations?

Where is the freedom for everyone?  Why return to a time of slavery?  Seems like they've managed the language of slavery much better than those that wanted the plantation system over a hundred years ago.

Why doesn't the DOJ protect the rights of white and light skinned people at the voting booth?

Just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.