March 19, 2024, 04:31:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430434 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/102460-difficult-carnival-period-

‘Difficult carnival period’         

TUESDAY, 21 FEBRUARY 2012 11:10

ORANJESTAD — Foundation Aruban Carnival (SAC) looks back on a difficult carnival period with fewer participants but a beautiful large parade in Oranjestad, said SAC-chairperson Tecla Kelly.“It hadn’t been easy”, said Kelly. It had begun somewhat difficult partly due to the lingering conflict between SAC and the music bands about the pay-per-view revenues from the Calypso & Road March Contest. “Things had remained difficult, causing delays in preparations.” Besides the conflict with the bands, there had also been the discussion with the police on agreements. “We normally aim to arrange everything with the police before November 11th but we failed for some reason.” Kelly mentioned Jouvert Morning, as an example. The Aruban Police Corps (KPA) had requested SAC to start the event at midnight instead of at 4:00 AM. “Considering we already had the permit for the time and everything had been ready, it was difficult to change this on short notice.

::snipping2::

Fewer participants

The parades had had fewer participants this year. This was due to several factors, according to Kelly. “The economical decline for instance and several people mentioned they had less money to spend this year and had decided not to participate.” People also considered the conflict with the bands on pay-per-view revenues a factor not to participate. “Of course, there had been the shoot-outs several weeks ago, which had led to the death of a boy shortly after the children’s parade of San Nicolas, and another later on. Participants had not felt safe and reconsidered”, said Kelly.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/102102-parliament-discusses-bob-law

Parliament discusses BOB-law         

THURSDAY, 16 FEBRUARY 2012 11:20

ORANJESTAD — The bill of National Regulation Special Tracking Authorities (BOB) was presented to the parliament in October 2010, but now it’s finally been put on the agenda for discussion. If the States approves this law, Justice can use legal tracking methods such as monitoring and infiltrating criminal gangs.Many countries have been using these tracking methods for years, also in The Netherlands where the BOB-methods were included in the Code of Criminal Procedure in 2001. This was mainly due to the notorious IRT-affaire, whereby controversial tracking methods were used such as letting drugs through deliberately to infiltrate criminal gangs.

Justice on Aruba has been using tracking methods such as wire-tapping, pseudo-purchase (for example to catch drug traffickers) and infiltration for years, although it was illegal. The Amigoe has reported this several times in the past years. In some large-scale trials against criminal organizations this illegal tracking had led to lower sentences against suspects and a rap over the knuckles from authorities. The judge had not or only partially allowed information obtained through such tracking techniques as evidence.

Gudeline tracking methods

Without a law the Aruban Justice felt crippled for years because it was very difficult to tackle organized crime. In 2008, the Attorney General of Aruba and of the (former) Antilles published a guideline, announcing which tracking methods Justice used that were not provided for by law. It regards systematic observation, infiltration (by police officers and by citizens), a pseudo purchase or service (also by citizens) and monitoring. With this, Justice attempts to make own arrangements in anticipation of the definite legislation.

The Explanatory Memorandum of the new bill BOB also mentions that guideline. However, in a reply, the Advisory Council deals summarily with this. The Council finds that guideline ‘incomprehensible’ and believes it contravenes the European Treaty of the Human Rights and the Constitution of Aruba. In reply, the Minister of Justice states ‘as yet it hasn’t been established to what extent that decision of the Attorney Generals is legally tenable’.

Meanwhile, almost one and a half year has gone by since the government presented the enactment to the parliament.
 ::snipping2::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/102561-parlement-stemt-voor-meer-bevoegdheden-politie

Google translation:

Parliament votes for more police powers         

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2012 9:05

MEPs debate the so-called BOB-law, which was approved last Friday.

ORANGE CITY - The parliament last Friday called BOB-law for more investigative powers for police, approved.

The law where justice has long been waiting for so mainly to better tackle organized crime, was approved by a majority of fourteen votes. Those were from the ASF fraction PDR leader AndIn Bikker and independent MP Mervin Wyatt-Ras. The full MEP group and two other independent States members were not present. The debate also took a little over an hour and the second round of questions contained only six questions.

At the start there was a fuss about an anonymous envelope in which the judgment had enough of the matter which faction MEP Xiomara Ruiz-Maduro won against Clarisca Velasquez who had insulted her husband. AVP-party members expressed their verontwaardigheden over this action because the document is not officially through the Registrar had been booked and closed boxes were just opened. "Abuse of equipment and personnel of the States", said Chris Staten Dammers (AVP) and said that like his other party members about an unsafe situation because it could also just be once a letter bomb. States President Paul Croes (AVP) promised to investigate the matter.

The MEP further fraction gave a press release to explain her absence. The day before party members had Maduro and Ady Thijsen all points of the group and proclaimed support for the new law given on behalf of the whole group. Questions to Justice Minister Arthur Dowers (AVP) they received insufficient response, so it did not want to even participate in the debate, says MEP leader Evelyn Wever-Croes.

With the new legislation, the police in any case now legally eavesdropping, systematic observation, infiltration and pseudo-purchases. Minister Dowers (AVP) hereby promises that justice will take into account the privacy and other rights of citizens.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:45 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2012, 01:57:27 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2012/02/polisnan-a-logra-cera-area-di-crimen-hermeticamente/

Papiamentu translation:

polisnan owing to succeed close area of crimen hermeticamente

publication: thursday, 23 february 2012.

categoria: general

oranjestad (aan): at instant cu the caso of tiroteo owing to socede pabao of wilhelminapark, at once orden owing to worde give for full the area worde close hermeticamente. negoshinan owing to close they door, y everybody they acceso owing to worde limita. esey owing to nifica, cu even trafico owing to worde desvia in one beam of some hundred metre far. polisnan even owing to stop at the cruzada near of plaza daniel leo, for so desvia all trafico. daily paper owing to capta even the instant cu fiscal owing to arrive close of patrol for so achieve more informacion. can owing to see also, ex-comisario jan van der straten eybanda cu owing to happen check the situation also.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/102662-arrestatie-renaissance-drugsgerelateerd

Google translation

"Arrest Renaissance drug-related '
Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:01

ORANGE CITY - The arrest yesterday at Renaissance Marketplace, which culminated in a shootout in which two people were killed, had to do with drugs. This confirms Advocate General Taco Stein Amigoe. He denies not that the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration DEA was involved in the investigation.

The investigation that led to the arrest attempt was relatively recently, says Stein. Details regarding the identity and nationality of the suspects and whether in yesterday's raids on three houses equipment or weapons have been seized, the Advocate-General this morning show. To know that there are no heavy weapons were found during the arrest. This he denies statements by eyewitnesses. "They'll see what more they want to see," said Stein. The third suspect who survived the shooting incident, is still being held. "He is suspected of involvement in the case," said Stein. It also reaffirms that the incident is being investigated by the Land Investigation. "That is standard for all incidents where police shot has landed." Further details will follow later in the day. "The case officer is still under discussion with the arrest team and will be today at the section of the two suspects shot dead there," said the Advocate General.

Politicians relieved

Meanwhile, the flow responses to the shooting incident. Between the budget debate by politicians know to be shocked by the fact that the shooting took place in broad daylight. At the same time they are relieved about the success and the rapid action of the police. AVP-leader René Herde hint in his response to a collaboration with a foreign service. "We are pleased that our safety authority, with good international relations, was prepared and proactive could act against a planned crime," said Herde. That the matter has to do with drugs, ascribes independent opposition figure Booshi Weaver to the incumbent government party ASF. "The current admission policy softened get criminals back free reign to operate here."

AndIn Bikker (PDR) is pleased with the crackdown of the police. "Our group is also looking forward to the official report like this from the police." MEP leader Evelyn Wever-Croes was one of the first to express her shock yesterday made through Facebook. They also asked her on the social network of friends what they think is best that the government should do to tackle rising crime. Independent States member Marisol Lopez-Tromp found that the daytime shooting incident took place in a tourist area, not conducive to the sense of security.

Atia

Employers Organisation Atia held a press conference this morning, in which director Joyce Bartels-Daal congratulated the police action and re-quoted the concerns of the members of Atia about safety on the island.  ::snipping2::  Also, the Director again that shopkeepers and businesses in recent times increasingly the target of armed robberies.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »

Augusta Preparatory Day School Runs for Justice

Fundraising Walk/Run to benefit the Natalee Holloway Resource Center

Washington, DC - Registration is now open for the Run for Justice, a 5K fundraising run/walk hosted by the Augusta Preparatory Day School to benefit the Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC). The fundraiser, organized by Augusta Prep students, Maggie McLeod ’12 and Amanda Murphy ’13, will raise funds for the NHRC to assist families and raise awareness among teens of safe traveling. When asked why they want to support the cause, Miss McLeod and Miss Murphy stated, “We identify with Natalee Holloway. She was motivated in school and life. We want to raise awareness in our community of the dangers of international travel, so others do not fall victim to the same tragedy.”

"We are thrilled to host this event to benefit the Natalee Holloway Resource Center and proud of our students who are championing this cause,” states Becky Gilmore, Augusta Prep's Head of School. “Their desire to increase awareness among their peers and within our community about sensible precautions for international travel is commendable. Raising funds for this worthy center at the same time is also commendable and is a direct reflection of the generosity of spirit for which August Prep is well known."

Prior to the fundraising event, Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, will speak at Augusta Prep on Friday, February 24th at 2:30PM. Holloway’s discussion with students will focus on Natalee’s story and how teens and young adults can learn from the tragedy that her daughter faced. Beth will also be present at the fundraising event to show her appreciation to the students for organizing the event to raise money for the cause.

The fundraising event is the first organized by the public to benefit NHRC since the organization’s inception in June 2010. “We are so grateful to Maggie and Amanda for organizing this event for our benefit,” states Janine Vaccarello, co-founder of NHRC and COO of the Crime Museum in Washington, D.C. “The more funding that we can secure, the more we can assist teens and young adults so that tragedies such as Natalee’s do not ever happen again.”

The entrance fee of $20 includes a t-shirt, and participants are encouraged to register early as space is limited (registration ends February 11th). To register for the run, receive updates on the Natalee Holloway case and learn more about the NHRC, please visit:
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC_events or www.augustaprep.org/5k

About the Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC) provides families of missing persons with an action plan, missing poster templates, contacts, resources, and handles press releases and media reach. NHRC also provides educational programs for traveling safe, crime prevention, and encourages careers in the fields of forensic science and law enforcement. NHRC operates out of the Crime Museum in Washington, DC. For more information, please visit www.helpthemissing.org.

http://www.crimemuseum.org/documents/runforjustice.pdf

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »

So if those who were killed were not armed, they couldn't have fired first.

What happened? 

I thought it was odd that none of the vehicles that were towed away from the scene yesterday had "visitors" license plates, including the one that the two dead guys were in.

Makes me wonder if...someone that WAS armed was concerned about what the suspects might say if they had been apprehended ALIVE?  Just a thought...ya know how everybody knows everybody on that island.

The article says there were more than 50 shots fired.

http://www.einformante.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6083:sospechosonan-cu-a-wordo-mata-ayera-door-di-polis-no-tabata-tin-arma-cu-nan&catid=1:policial&Itemid=16

Papiamentu translation:

sospechosonan cu owing to wordo kill yesterday door of police not was have arm cu they

oranjestad - in one conferencia as today tardi calling for minister of justicia together cu advocate general y comisario richardson owing to confirma cu the sospechosonan cu owing to wordo kill yesterday not was have arm cu they. the question awo dicon they owing to wordo throw y dicon so much ball have to owing to skeiro. assure more of 50 ball owing to wordo throw yesterday. we is come upstairs the sharp here bek more fast in the articulo. now cu the is oficial we can elabora one bit upstairs dje, esta cu the caso here provided that principio is one caso of dea cu they was come is investigando y cu owing to ask cooperacion of aruba for haci detencion of the sospechosonan here among another. caminda cu was have one of two are logicamente. have one bendedo y have one cumprado. owing to dicidi of envolvi the team of aresto for so haci the detencion of the sospechosonan. can planifica con much cu they wanted but all situation is various. in the caso here y in much another they will owing to haci the detencion without cu niun person ripara nothing y much lihe the tiponan here will was at keep together cu they car y drugs. sinembargo cos owing to bay completamente left yesterday caminda cu throw the two sospechosonan here kill without cu they was have arm upstairs they. dicon owing to wordo throw? one tiro or more will owing to cay accidentalmente? was have one declaracion yesterday of one tourist cu the la listen two tiro first after very much his slow. the can is damage of lidership perhaps at the sitio? con can is possible one team elite as esun of aresto here can haci damage so big. if one damage so big pace have two person cu owing to wordo kill cu not was have arm upstairs they in day cla cu glass getint provided that berdad if, y the problem more big cu one “barrage” of ball owing to wordo employ. niun police wanted kill none person, none police does not kill none person without have to, investigacion will have to bay show kico provided that realidad owing to happen yesterday pace algo owing to bay much left. achievement is cu the two personanan here was envolvi in one transaccion of drugs y cu drugs owing to wordo achieve tanto in the vehiculo because; in the cas, but achievement is also cu they owing to wordo throw kill without cu they was have arm upstairs they. one of tercer owing to wordo aresta cu not was in the car. both victima as cu we owing to anuncia yesterday is colombiano. the damage here is so big cu do not descarta cu police will can cay close alas. but esey is the risico of the work here cu is one leg in cemetery y one leg in jail, all police know this. all police know this pace they owing to wordo splica on this time they're in opleiding. the team elite here owing to haci so much work good in pasado of cual much of they perfectamente ehecuta, alas the damage here will can mancha they good reputacion. investigacion is in hand of landsrecherche cu will have to bay determina exactly kico owing to happen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:52 AM »

According to this article the guys that were killed had borrowed the car they were in.  Apparently one of them had been deported from Aruba at one time, but was back.

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/43681-benjamin-y-alcidez-a-fia-auto-for-di-un-amiga-pa-haci-respondi-pero-a-haya-nan-morto.html

Papiamentu translation:

benjamin y alcidez owing to lend car for of one girlfriend for haci respondi but owing to achieve they dead

thursday, 23 february 2012 21:02

the two criminalnan kill at aruba for team of aresto in oranan of morning owing to lend the car for of one lady for so go haci one respondi. the lady conoce both man but never owing to live think cu the hendenan here will owing to go hinca kilonan of cocaina for so go haci transaccion of drugs. hour the lady owing to hear what owing to sosode cu his car the self owing to beat alarma close police for splicanan of the situation. cu water at eye past owing to see cu his car owing to stay fill cu ball for of all angulo. one of the hombernan hour cu owing to come busca the car owing to tell cu the is go busca his casa. although the splicacion give was some odd tog owing to lage go cu the car. now the situation owing to resulta various because both is meti in low world. benjamin n.c. naci at colombia 31 anja was the chofer of the car while cu alcidez f.p. naci at colombia of 56 anja was sit at near. one of they in the caso here owing to arrive of wordo deporta but is back at aruba. his casa or frei have to owing to arrive diahuebs night cu plane for of colombia for come take cuenta of his being keri the another have his muher at aruba y is bibando at aruba. the car self do not on name of his owner but on name of one conocir of the madam cu is of surname t live in lucerostraat. the owner of the car self live in koningstraat cu is same lugar where the terios is stop all hour. both sospechoso seems is conoci for her another colombianonan at aruba. they're march cu more cu one telephone celular or blackberry in they power. esnan cu conoce both is tell cu they're guynan rustig. in the caso here they was being vigila of is in low world but the trip here the cos owing to go for of hand y they owing to being kill y owing to stay bath in blood sit in asiento of the car.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:50 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/43684-a-haya-basta-droga-den-auto-y-den-diferente-cas-mientras-cu-e-caso-ta-un-investigacion-internacional-hunto-cu-dea.html

Papiamentu translation:

owing to achieve enough drugs in car y in various cas while cu the caso is one investigacion internacional together cu dea

thursday, 23 february 2012 20:13

at bestuurskantoor was have the conferencia of prensa where present was tey mr taco stein advocaat general of ministerio publico, was tey alto comisario of police dolfi richardson y also minister of husticia mr drs arthur dowers. minister arthur dowers owing to open the conferencia comentando on the caso. have crimen but have teamnan prepara also for atende this according the mandatario of husticia. at aruba have calidad high of investigacion cu is wordo haci. now is ask comprension of the people because we have one world cambiando y crimennan also cambiando. criminalnan is actuate for various part of world. taco stein advocaat general of ministerio publico owing to splica cu the investigacion is uno internacional where owing to persigui person cu owing to conduci at aresto y two person owing to die. was have enough drugs also confisca in the car y at various cas cu they owing to enter. have two situation in the caso here. what owing to happen cu owing to being throw is wordo investiga for lands recherché. the tironan cu owing to cay will nifica also cu will have investigacion much largo. not owing to achieve none arm on esnan cu owing to wordo kill. taco stein owing to splica cu the motibo cu owing to throw is being investiga although not owing to achieve arm. till now here have indicacion cu have three person at the sitio of cual uno owing to wordo grab in another car in cercania. in the terios cu the two personanan owing to being kill was have only the two ocupantenan here. just after of the tiramento was have also inval at various cas. at aruba autoridad owing to achieve various informacion for of autoridad mericano dea cu is at aruba but hour of tiramento (shooting) not was present. owing to achieve drugs at difernte cas y in the car. dolfi richardson alto comisario owing to splica cu the team of aresto is much good prepara. berdad much tiro owing to go y thanks god none person in cercania owing to resulta injury. bao of tension they can work they trabao as owe being. crimen do not pay y is one caso lamentable but past owing to sosode. type of casonan so is happen frecuentemente where team of aresto is atende cu more caso during week. this is uno cu owing to wing atencion because two person owing to being kill y past owing to happen in one area. owing to actua eynan because esey was the instant for actua. the not was can another y cada caso is wordo evalua. was have one team much big more present but esun special is actua. wanted sigura cu all risico is wordo evita. owing to ask about dolfi richardson if algo so can have consecuencia for her polisnan. now here not can talk of the cosnan ey. the autoridadnan of aruba is work cu agencianan investigativo internacional for can combati crimen y all thing is cosnan of low world. autoridadnan of aruba is comparti informacion. still is investiga con the sospechoso cu owing to bandona aruba owing to enter bek aruba. all police cu was tey at the sitio envolvi in the caso have to owing to entrega they arm for wordo controla. dolfi richardson alto comisario owing to follow splica cu the inicialnan of esnan cu owing to being kill is benjamin n.c. naci at colombia 31 anja, alcidez f.p. naci at colombia of 56 anja. w.g.h.a. also naci at colombia not have his edad y is esun cu owing to being grab one bit more far in another car. is wordo talk cu one caminda owing to abort because advocaat general taco stein owing to let know cu one of esnan kill owing to arrive of wordo expulsa of aruba. the question what is touch the person here at aruba? is being menciona cu the grensbewaking at aruba do not 100%. this do not berdad according the mandatario. we have guarda we costa cu owing to being arise in form clandestino in gobernacion anterior cu owing to hinca we in one imagen very negative cu they accionnan. the mandatario owing to splica cu the departamento here owing to cause much danjo at imagen of aruba cu they form of actua. minister dowers owing to splica cu the crimen here is uno transcacional where have to sit cu more are. have to comparti informacion for so can combati crimen. the criminal is actuate all caminda according minister arthur dowers. are you work cu gruponan of inteligencia internacional cu much trip the hendenan do you not conoce. do you reputacion have to is intachable for work cu type of casonan y gruponan internacional so. some person owing to cuestiona the radarnan cu will do not funcionando. have radar of kustwacht trahando y have person is observa this for see all movecion on lama according minister dowers. have discussion on the walradar of pasado cu not owing to funciona. esun of kustwacht owing to grab person on lama owing to base of indicacion of the radarnan of kustwacht.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2012, 03:12:14 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »

Augusta Prep Day School … “Running for Justice” for Natalee Holloway, 5K Run/Walk for the NHRC … Beth Holloway Will be There

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/24/augusta-prep-day-school-running-for-justice-for-natalee-holloway-5k-runwalk-for-the-nhrc-beth-holloway-will-be-there/

KUDOS to the Augusta Prep Day School remembering Natalee Holloway and a run for a cause for missing persons ...

Augusta Prep Day School in  Martinez, GA is having a 5K run/walk where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the NHRC, the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help parents with missing persons. Beth Holloway will be attending the event, taking part in the 5K run/walk and speaking to the student body and parents the day before. Beth Holloway will discuss Internationals Safe Travels. Come one, come all for this 5K run/walk and give to a great cause.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »

Thanks Red!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

http://www.augustaprep.org/page.cfm?p=337&newsid=434
5K Fun Run/Walk

at the bottom you'll find a link for an online registration form

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »

Augusta Prep Day School … “Running for Justice” for Natalee Holloway, 5K Run/Walk for the NHRC … Beth Holloway Will be There

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/24/augusta-prep-day-school-running-for-justice-for-natalee-holloway-5k-runwalk-for-the-nhrc-beth-holloway-will-be-there/

KUDOS to the Augusta Prep Day School remembering Natalee Holloway and a run for a cause for missing persons ...

Augusta Prep Day School in  Martinez, GA is having a 5K run/walk where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the NHRC, the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help parents with missing persons. Beth Holloway will be attending the event, taking part in the 5K run/walk and speaking to the student body and parents the day before. Beth Holloway will discuss Internationals Safe Travels. Come one, come all for this 5K run/walk and give to a great cause.

Thank you Red!!

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »

Augusta Preparatory Day School Runs for Justice
Fundraising Walk/Run to benefit the Natalee Holloway Resource Center

<snipped>

The fundraising event is the first organized by the public to benefit NHRC since the organization’s inception in June 2010. “We are so grateful to Maggie and Amanda for organizing this event for our benefit,” states Janine Vaccarello, co-founder of NHRC and COO of the Crime Museum in Washington, D.C. “The more funding that we can secure, the more we can assist teens and young adults so that tragedies such as Natalee’s do not ever happen again.”

<snipped>

http://www.crimemuseum.org/documents/runforjustice.pdf

5K Fun Run/Walk

<snipped>

We are asking for your help in sponsoring the 5K.  Sponsors are people who donate to the run, and, therefore, to this worthy cause.  The sponsor levels are listed below.  We hope we can count on you to sponsor by goods,services, or a simple donation.  We appreciate your your support more than you can know.

<snipped>

http://www.augustaprep.org/page.cfm?p=781

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »

FLASHBACK

Mother of missing student in Aruba creates missing persons resource center at DC museum
By Associated Press
10:04 AM CDT, May 28, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) — The mother of an Alabama teen who disappeared five years ago in Aruba is opening a resource center to help families of missing persons.

Beth Holloway has created the Natalee Holloway Resource Center, named for her daughter who went missing during a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island. The center will be based at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in downtown Washington.

The nonprofit center aims to provide families with an action plan, examples of missing person posters, contacts, media liaisons and other services to guide families during crises. Officials also say they will provide educational programs on safe traveling and crime prevention and encourage careers in forensic science and law enforcement.

http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-dc--missingpersonscenter,0,5675542.story

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:41 AM »

Others Might Learn

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 189:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Page 200:  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge  it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professinals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

Page 208:  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

Page 209:  Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.