March 18, 2024, 11:27:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430377 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Beth Holloway  2010

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »

Augusta Prep Day School … “Running for Justice” for Natalee Holloway, 5K Run/Walk for the NHRC … Beth Holloway Will be There

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/24/augusta-prep-day-school-running-for-justice-for-natalee-holloway-5k-runwalk-for-the-nhrc-beth-holloway-will-be-there/

KUDOS to the Augusta Prep Day School remembering Natalee Holloway and a run for a cause for missing persons ...

Augusta Prep Day School in  Martinez, GA is having a 5K run/walk where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the NHRC, the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help parents with missing persons. Beth Holloway will be attending the event, taking part in the 5K run/walk and speaking to the student body and parents the day before. Beth Holloway will discuss Internationals Safe Travels. Come one, come all for this 5K run/walk and give to a great cause.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »

Thank you, Janet and Red, for bringing the "Running for Justice" for Natalee Holloway, 5K Run/Walk for the NHRC event to our attention. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:06 AM »

http://www.peruviantimes.com/23/peru-declares-emergency-in-prison-system/15117/

Peru Declares Emergency In Prison System
February 23, 2012 by Andean Air Mail & PERUVIAN TIMES

Peru’s government has declared an emergency in the penitentiary system, in an attempt to improve security conditions in the country’s notorious prisons.
 ::snipping2::
The measure follows the escape earlier this week of 17 inmates from the maximum security Challapalca prison, located in the highlands of Tacna in southern Peru. Authorities announced on Wednesday that all of the fugitives were captured.

Peru’s prisons are notorious for their lack of security and overcrowding.  A December report by Peru’s ombudsman, the Defensoria del Pueblo, found that there were about 48,000 inmates in the prison system, which has the infrastructure for only 28,000 people.  Corruption is rife, with prisoners able to access even mobile phones and weapons at a price, while the slow judiciary process results in many inmates spending several years in prison before even being sentenced.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »

http://www.larepublica.pe/24-02-2012/en-la-actualidad-existen-mas-de-50-mil-personas-recluidas-en-66-penales-del-pais

Google translation

There are currently more than 50 000 inmates in 66 prisons in the country
Friday, February 24, 2012 | 7:35 a.m.

Measure. The government declared an emergency yesterday in the National Penitentiary System. Report of the Ombudsman indicated that overcrowding and lack of budget are the most serious problems.

Oscar Flores

The escape of 17 prisoners of Challapalca Sunday 19 February demonstrates the insecurity and corruption that exists in the prisons of our country. The prisoners escaped from the Bolivian border, seven of them were captured three days later, after a hellish shooting. An inmate died in the crossfire. The 17 stars of this scandalous leak paid more than $ 50 000 Inpe agents to leave the prison through the front door.

That is why the government declared emergency yesterday in the National Penitentiary System until December 31, 2012, to give urgent and exceptional measures to improve security conditions in the prisons.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »

Thank you, Janet and Red, for bringing the "Running for Justice" for Natalee Holloway, 5K Run/Walk for the NHRC event to our attention. 

Hi Grace

It is raining today in Martinez but tomorrow will bring clear skies for the run.  I have a good feeling that the NHRC's first fundraising is going to be a huge success.  My DIL, daughter, 10 year old granddaughter and I raised pledges/donation from respective church and family members/friends.  We will run (I will walk briskly) along the banks of the muddy Fraser River.  A lunch will follow.  Where?  I don't know but ... if I don't have to cook ... who cares.

I hope your day is good.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »

http://newstimes.augusta.com/news/2012-02-24/holloway-warns-teens-about-travel-dangers

Holloway warns teens about travel dangers

Posted: February 24, 2012 - 4:40pm

By Donnie Fetter

Columbia County Bureau Chief

The mother of a famed disappearance victim warned Augusta Preparatory Day School students Friday about the dangers of overseas travel.

“One thing I will do is carry her story for the rest of my life,” Beth Holloway said of Natalee Holloway in a video clip she played prior to a speech to the Martinez private school’s high school students.

Natalee Holloway disappeared in 2005 during a graduation trip to Aruba with classmates from Mountain Brook High School in Alabama.

The main suspect in her disappearance, Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot, twice was arrested and questioned by Aruban authorities, but never charged.

Last month, Van der Sloot plead guilty in Peru to murdering 21-year-old businesswoman Stephany Flores on May 30, 2010, the fifth anniversary of Natalee’s disappearance. He was sentenced to 28 years in prison.

Van der Sloot also faces a wire fraud charge in Alabama after he tried to bribe Beth Holloway to tell her the whereabouts of Natalee’s body.

The day after Van der Sloot’s guilty plea in Peru, an Alabama judge declared Natalee dead at the request of her father, Dave Holloway. Beth Holloway opposed the declaration.

Holloway said Friday she believes Van der Sloot “kidnapped and murdered” her daughter by overdosing her drink with a date rape drug at a seaside nightclub the night before she was scheduled to return home.

Immediately following Natalee’s disappearance, Holloway said she traveled to Aruba and followed any lead given her. With little help from local authorities, Holloway said she even visited crack houses and brothels looking for her daughter.

“The panic I was trying to suppress was beginning to take hold,” she said after four days of searching.

During her ordeal, Holloway said she learned that American tourists often are targeted by criminals. Men and women, especially teens, visiting Aruba are lured to crack houses, drugged and robbed.

Often, Holloway said, tourists are held against their will until their credit cards are maxed out and then released.

To help future teen travelers to overseas destinations, Holloway founded Mayday360.com. The site offers information on electronic travel storage, a list of U.S. embassies and consulates, locations to get medical and legal assistance, an emergency help line, a beacon application for smartphones, and more.

Also, Holloway warned that travelers should activate international calling on cell phones before leaving, keep travel itineraries secret, don’t overindulge in alcohol, never leave a drink unattended, be aware of surroundings, and make a plan with friends to meet up at a specific spot at a specific time before leaving any location.

“You are your own best protection,” Holloway said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/102805-justitie-zwijgt-over-noodzaak-arrestatie

Google translation:

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Augusta-Preparatory-Day-School/20266504196

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2012, 07:01:42 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/24/augusta-prep-day-school-running-for-justice-for-natalee-holloway-5k-runwalk-for-the-nhrc-beth-holloway-will-be-there/#comments

Pat in Alabama on February 24th, 2012 2:54 pm
Thank you Scared Monkeys for posting this!!! I’ve been following your site since June of 2005 and sometimes its is a bit of a downer that there is so little about Natalee. I know that is because the trail is now cold and there is little news.

The sporter has moved on to his new home and the rest of them got away with their crimes – but God knows! Let us never forget the injustice done to this young lady and her family by both the perps and a corrupt justice system on the island of Aruba. Let us remind them every chance we get. Let us remember the good things said of a young lady with a promising future, and pray for the continued healing of her family’s wounds.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »

Killed two peasants in Aruba PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:30
Two men from La Guajira were murdered in Aruba, on facts that are being investigated by the police authorities of the Dutch island.

According to the authorities, the victims were identified as Benjamin Aguirre Castro, 35 years old, a native of Dibulla and known as 'Child Can', who lived in union with Yohaina Padilla.

Also, Peralta Alcides Pereira, born in Dibulla, 54 year old husband and father Vicitación Mendoza Gamez of a 10 years old.

Press reports indicate that there was a shooting in downtown Oranjestad, the capital of Aruba, without further details.

Riohacha family confirmed the death and said they are making arrangements to repatriate the bodies to Santa Marta, a city where they could be buried.

The victims of this bloody deed belong to recognized families Dibulla Riohacha and therefore caused consternation sad.

http://www.diariodelnorte.net/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/24/augusta-prep-day-school-running-for-justice-for-natalee-holloway-5k-runwalk-for-the-nhrc-beth-holloway-will-be-there/#comments

Pat in Alabama on February 24th, 2012 2:54 pm
Thank you Scared Monkeys for posting this!!! I’ve been following your site since June of 2005 and sometimes its is a bit of a downer that there is so little about Natalee. I know that is because the trail is now cold and there is little news.

The sporter has moved on to his new home and the rest of them got away with their crimes – but God knows! Let us never forget the injustice done to this young lady and her family by both the perps and a corrupt justice system on the island of Aruba. Let us remind them every chance we get. Let us remember the good things said of a young lady with a promising future, and pray for the continued healing of her family’s wounds.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/caribiana/article/justitie-betreurt-schietpartij-aruba

Google translation

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »

http://www.el-informador.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32952:asesinan-guajiro-en-la-isla-de-aruba&catid=77:la-guajira&Itemid=420

Peasant murdered on the island of Aruba

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23, 2012 3:36

At noon yesterday was killed in the northern island of Aruba, a peasant.

In the same facts of blood died a samarium. The fatality was identified as Alcides Pereira Peralta 55 years of age, a native of Riohacha.

The facts are unclear and in this city do not have details. The vigil will house street race 8 with 10 of the district center.

Peralta Pereira, lived in Riohacha with Vice Mendoza, left a son whose union. Unofficially learned that the island of Aruba also had a son.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »

http://www.radiogaleon.com.co/noticias/local/item/1926-ma%C3%B1ana-podr%C3%ADan-ser-tra%C3%ADdos-despojos-mortales-del-samario-abatido-en-aruba.html

Google translation:

Tomorrow could be brought Samarium mortal shot in Aruba

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012 8:15    FONT SIZE     PRINT E-MAIL

Tomorrow could be brought to the capital, the mortal remains of samarium,
allegedly killed by police in Aruba, with a peasant, who was also killed in the same events that occurred in Oranjestead, capital of the island.

Samarium who was killed in the confused circumstances, by the name of Benjamin Castro Aguirre, who was known among his associates as "Child Can", lived in the San Martin and was based for more than two years in Aruba.

A Castro Aguirre accompanying the peasant Peralta Alcides Pereira, who were inside a vehicle when allegedly were shot in the middle of a police operation to track mounted two suspects.

Relatives of victims attributed to an error by the island authorities, the incident that claimed the lives of their loved ones.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »

So if I understand those articles correctly, one of the dead men had been "based" on the island for more than two years, and the other "unofficially" has a child there.

Wonder if Benjamin Aguirre Castro was any relation to Poentje Castro?

IIRC there was mention after Poentje's murder of relative(s) being involved in drug trafficking and the question of if that may have been the reason he was murdered.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »

http://issuu.com/boletinextra/docs/diabierna_24_februari_2012

Solo di Pueblo (Aruba)
February 24, 2012 Page 12

Papiamentu translation:

police owing to haci inval in three cas y owing to achieve one cantidad big of drugs

sta. cruz – ministerio publico owing to tell yesterday cu police owing to haci inval on three cas yesterday afternoon. at one of the casnan owing to achieve one cantidad coniderabel of drugs.

this is at the cas where the criminalnan here was hospedando.

according is being tell cu one of they can is bibando at aruba y have family at aruba.

one another is ilegal while cu have one tercer person cu is close at the momentonan here upstairs the unique suspicion of dealmento or traficacion of drugs.

at the casnan here police owing to achieve several obheto, but is confirma of owing to achieve one cantidad substancial of drugs. come across

(I didn't type out the second article for translating since I think it's basically the same as others previously posted identifying the men that were killed)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »

Hi Milie, I heard these rumors too of a shootout between the men in the car and police. Alot of rumor when it first happened. I think that's what happens with too many people reporting the news.
My neighbor who works for aduana told us today what you have heard. The "perps' didn't have weapons in the car, BUT the vehicle involved was being watched by police in an ongoing police sting of some kind. (Drugs) and involved USDA as well. My neighbor also heard these guys had borrowed the car, and perhaps, in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think time will tell.

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87863&start=15
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.