March 19, 2024, 02:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430410 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:45 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/caribiana/article/onderzoek-naar-schietpartij-aruba-duurt-nog-weken

Google translation:

Research into shooting Aruba lasts for weeks

Published: February 25, 2012 - 1:20 pm | By Natasha Gibbs ( photo: Mervin Danies )

Read more about:    Aruba Aruban Public Prosecution Aruban police drug trafficking firefight

The Public Prosecutor of Aruba expects the forensic investigation into the affairs during the shooting Wednesday, February 22 between police and three suspects will take several weeks. That leaves the spokesman for the Aruban OM, Advocate General Taco Stein, know.

The shooting came after the arrest team three suspects during a major drug transaction in the parking lot behind the Renaissance Hotel tried to arrest. The Colombians accused Benjamin Castro Aguirre (35) and Alcides Pereira Peralta (56) lost their lives. A third man was arrested. In none of the defendants nor their car, took the Land Investigation a firearm.

First shot
"The fact that no firearms at the suspects are found, does not mean that during the shooting were not in possession of a weapon," says Stein. "There are indications that a first shot from their side has been." The prosecution shall also consider other suspects in the vicinity that may have fired a shot. "

The forensic investigation since Wednesday in full swing, according to the OM must answer the question 'what exactly is shot. " "The research team based on a research trajectory trace exactly where the bullets came from and out of any firearm," says Stein.

Cooperation DEA
The initiative for the arrest of three suspects came at the request of the U.S. counternarcotics DEA team. "Together with them we held these suspects for over a week in the holes. Therefore we knew that that afternoon a drug transaction would take place, "explains Stein from.

Whether more arrests are to come can not say the OM. "But we conclude it does not matter," said the Advocate General.

Extradition
America has now requested the extradition of the suspect. "Aruba is prepared to respond to that desire to give and to grant," says Stein. "That is not only in a few days apart. Request for extradition and the whole procedure, in which the defendant still may appeal, in some cases a half years to complete. "

In the meantime, the suspect is stuck in the prison of Aruba.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »

Augusta Prep Day School … “Running for Justice” for Natalee Holloway, 5K Run/Walk for the NHRC … Beth Holloway Will be There

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/24/augusta-prep-day-school-running-for-justice-for-natalee-holloway-5k-runwalk-for-the-nhrc-beth-holloway-will-be-there/

KUDOS to the Augusta Prep Day School remembering Natalee Holloway and a run for a cause for missing persons ...

Augusta Prep Day School in  Martinez, GA is having a 5K run/walk where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the NHRC, the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help parents with missing persons. Beth Holloway will be attending the event, taking part in the 5K run/walk and speaking to the student body and parents the day before. Beth Holloway will discuss Internationals Safe Travels. Come one, come all for this 5K run/walk and give to a great cause.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »

Augusta Preparatory Day School Runs for Justice
Fundraising Walk/Run to benefit the Natalee Holloway Resource Center

<snipped>

Prior to the fundraising event, Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, will speak at Augusta Prep on Friday, February 24th at 2:30PM. Holloway’s discussion with students will focus on Natalee’s story and how teens and young adults can learn from the tragedy that her daughter faced. Beth will also be present at the fundraising event to show her appreciation to the students for organizing the event to raise money for the cause.

<snipped>

http://www.crimemuseum.org/documents/runforjustice.pdf

5K Fun Run/Walk

<snipped>

Augusta Prep is hosting a 5K Fun Run/Walk – “Running for Justice – Natalee Holloway 5K” to raise money to contribute to this great cause.  We will donate 100% of the proceeds to the NHRC.  The 5K is scheduled for Saturday, February 25th, 2012, at 10:00am, on the Augusta Prep cross-country trail.  We are combining our passion for running with our desire to help this great cause and to raise awareness in our community about safe international travel.

To make this event more meaningful than we ever could by ourselves, Natalee’s mother is going to join us!!  She’ll take part in the 5K run/walk, and she’ll speak to our student body and parents the day before.  This is going to make the event very exciting!  Our goal is to have as many runners as possible in the 5K.  To register, go to www.augustaprep.org/5k.  The cost is $20 per runner…again, all proceeds go to the Foundation.

<snipped>

http://www.augustaprep.org/page.cfm?p=781

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:06 PM »

Holloway warns teens about travel dangers
Natalee Holloway’s mother recalls ordeal after daughter went missing
Posted: February 24, 2012

The mother of a famed disappearance victim warned Augusta Preparatory Day School students Friday about the dangers of overseas travel.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://newstimes.augusta.com/news/2012-02-24/holloway-warns-teens-about-travel-dangers

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »

Hi Milie, I heard these rumors too of a shootout between the men in the car and police. Alot of rumor when it first happened. I think that's what happens with too many people reporting the news.
My neighbor who works for aduana told us today what you have heard. The "perps' didn't have weapons in the car, BUT the vehicle involved was being watched by police in an ongoing police sting of some kind. (Drugs) and involved USDA as well. My neighbor also heard these guys had borrowed the car, and perhaps, in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think time will tell.

::snipping2::

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87863&start=15

I read that they borrowed the car too, I think it was on 24ora iirc where the person that owned the car made some comments...pretty sure at least one of the houses that the drugs were found was where the car had been recently too.

I could be wrong but I don't think they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I really hope not, that would be horrible!

The other guy (Quandt) that was arrested, not in the car but from some reports inside the mall at the time of the shooting, may be extradited to the U. S. from what one of the reports said.  So I really think they were all there together...for a major drug deal.  At least three cars were towed from the scene so I'm wondering if there were others too that we haven't read about yet.

And yes, there were a lot of rumors...   

https://www.facebook.com/jairob

Dilma Arends Geerman April, there was a failed attempt for a major heist here in Aruba, and the police shot down two of the alleged armed criminals. Unofficial sources claim they are Colombians who came in as tourists...And of course, some people, rightfully upset with what happened, started attacking all Colombians, Venezuelans etc...And THAT is unacceptable. What Jairo stated is that a few rotten apples cannot damage the reputation of law abiding citizens who have contributed greatly to Aruba. And he is totally right. But I guess once the emotions calm down, people will come to their senses....
Wednesday at 6:16pm · Like ·  1

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:34 PM »

http://newstimes.augusta.com/news/2012-02-24/holloway-warns-teens-about-travel-dangers

Posted: February 24, 2012 - 4:40pm

By Donnie Fetter

Columbia County Bureau Chief

The mother of a famed disappearance victim warned Augusta Preparatory Day School students Friday about the dangers of overseas travel.

“One thing I will do is carry her story for the rest of my life,” Beth Holloway said of Natalee Holloway in a video clip she played prior to a speech to the Martinez private school’s high school students.

Natalee Holloway disappeared in 2005 during a graduation trip to Aruba with classmates from Mountain Brook High School in Alabama.

The main suspect in her disappearance, Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot, twice was arrested and questioned by Aruban authorities, but never charged.

Last month, Van der Sloot plead guilty in Peru to murdering 21-year-old businesswoman Stephany Flores on May 30, 2010, the fifth anniversary of Natalee’s disappearance. He was sentenced to 28 years in prison.

Van der Sloot also faces a wire fraud charge in Alabama after he tried to bribe Beth Holloway to tell her the whereabouts of Natalee’s body.

The day after Van der Sloot’s guilty plea in Peru, an Alabama judge declared Natalee dead at the request of her father, Dave Holloway. Beth Holloway opposed the declaration.

Holloway said Friday she believes Van der Sloot “kidnapped and murdered” her daughter by overdosing her drink with a date rape drug at a seaside nightclub the night before she was scheduled to return home.

Immediately following Natalee’s disappearance, Holloway said she traveled to Aruba and followed any lead given her. With little help from local authorities, Holloway said she even visited crack houses and brothels looking for her daughter.

“The panic I was trying to suppress was beginning to take hold,” she said after four days of searching.

During her ordeal, Holloway said she learned that American tourists often are targeted by criminals. Men and women, especially teens, visiting Aruba are lured to crack houses, drugged and robbed.

Often, Holloway said, tourists are held against their will until their credit cards are maxed out and then released.

To help future teen travelers to overseas destinations, Holloway founded Mayday360.com. The site offers information on electronic travel storage, a list of U.S. embassies and consulates, locations to get medical and legal assistance, an emergency help line, a beacon application for smartphones, and more.

Also, Holloway warned that travelers should activate international calling on cell phones before leaving, keep travel itineraries secret, don’t overindulge in alcohol, never leave a drink unattended, be aware of surroundings, and make a plan with friends to meet up at a specific spot at a specific time before leaving any location.

“You are your own best protection,” Holloway said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2012, 12:59:21 AM »

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2012-02-24/holloway-warns-teens-about-travel-dangers

JIM BLAYLOCK/STAFF
Beth Holloway (center), the mother of Natalee Holloway, who disappeared in Aruba while on her senior trip, poses with Augusta Prep students after speaking to the high school seniors.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/43734-famia-ta-acusa-polis-na-aruba-di-a-asesina-hendenan-inocente.html

Papiamentu translation:

family is acusa police at aruba of owing to asesina hendenan inocente

friday, 24 february 2012 21:46

one of the señoranan of esnan cu police owing to throw kill diaranzon already end is at aruba. the another madam y his son owing to arrive aruba diahuebs. they owing to come busca right of the curpa of the defuntonan for so hibanan colombia for they wordo bury. they owing to beat at door of police cu owing to let know cu they will wordo calling so they stay cla.

still they not owing to tell what day will entrega the curpa y this is place the family achieve one angry because they're feel cu in 2 trip 24 hour was sufficient for haci the autopsia necesario. both is inocente y desarma. never formerly they was have problem cu husticia. so both family owing to tell cu one tone much strong abroad of ministerio publico. why have to owing to throw more cu 60 tiro for kill we casa y father? the family owing to go for try achieve the first declaracionnan for of fiscal but mucho they not owing to succeed. they wanted give both one burial digno at colombia. is hombernan cu was work in construccion according the family y they was cria they family also. owing to show the son cu seems owing to achieve drugs in car. past owing to let know cu if is so then have to show the drugs. they owing to show of do not believe storia more of police because at first instant police owing to tell cu owing to being throw on they. after owing to resulta cu not owing to achieve none type of arm. pesey they're cataloga thing owing to sosode because; one asesinato. one asesinato on two inocente.

all the time at colombia caracol news the canal of television colombiano have atencion for her caso here. colombianonan at aruba self arrive at the family owing to calling the television cu at his file owing to busca contacto cu his coresponsalnan at aruba. the family owing to splica cu they will go till even corte internacional of derecho human. now here self they not have coin for take away the curpa. in cierto form they're tilda also prensa y the people cu owing to elogia police hour cu the caso owing to sosode but now cu owing to throw person inocente everybody owing to stay keto. the form cu owing to acusa both victima kill for police is place the family in one luz negative y dificilmente can acerca the compatriotanan for ask sosten financiero for pay the transporte of the curpanan for colombia. will work on some declaracion more proximamente on thing the family owing to tell after of owing to end of leave for of ministerio publico. come across

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:35 AM »

Killings, drug trafficking, cover-ups...Anything changed? Same people, same players.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2012, 02:57:32 AM »

NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

JUSTICE IS COMING

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED

AND...

HOW DO I KNOW?

I KEEPTHEFAITH

::justice2NJ::

THERE ARE 2 MANY ANGELS...RIGHT PEACHES?

an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:56:06 PM by San » Logged

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:59 AM »

STEPHANY...NOT STEPHANIE...

Fixed = San
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:57:04 PM by San » Logged

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »

Natalee Holloway’s mother recalls ordeal after daughter went missing
Posted: February 24, 2012

<snipped>

Read more:

I think this may be a video of Beth speaking to the students of Augusta Prep yesterday.  I cannot access it.  Sometime videos are not available in Canada.

Janet
8:00 AM PT

+++++

Natalee Holloway mom shares story with students
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 7:23 PM PST

http://www.wfxg.com/story/17015485/natalie-holloway-mom-shares-story-with-students

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/43745-director-di-cea-deteni-bou-influencia-di-alcohol.html

Papiamentu translation:

director of cea deteni under influencia of alcohol

saturday, 25 february 2012 10:01

dennis rombley, cu by some time end is at cabes of cuerpo especial aruban, owing to stay deteni today more or less 1or of marduga after of owing to strike cu the car of gobierno at height of bridge of telearuba at pos diminutive. past owing to blow y owing to constata cu the level of alcohol was on 800 ugl enbes of 220 cu is permisibel for ley.

is for of more trempan end the was biniendo in the dienst-auto hyundai santa confidence of number a-341 y was core "zig- zag" on caminda. automobilistanan owing to calling police at once y according we fuentenan, central owing to avisa on radio of police for patrol of san nicolas bay come across cu the car here at once for evita one desgracia. the patrol owing to tarda one eternidad y even is doubt his the was give his posicion exact, because cada times cu puntre the was more far for of the sitio.

all the time dennis rombley owing to core happen in several district owing to even descend one rato at iceberg savaneta y after follow, but still police of san nicolas not had end of arrive. till cu owing to send calling polisnan of santa cruz for come give one hand but owing to arrive mucho late.

after of leave for of iceberg, the boss of cea did take the caminda inside y so owing to come strike cu his car in one tree of luz after of the bridge of telearuba at pos diminutive. past owing to resulta levemente injury, while cu the car owing to ricibi much damage self. at the sitio polisnan owing to lag'e blow for controla the level of alcohol in his breath y owing to constata cu the is more of 4 trip the cantidad permiti. of acuerdo cu the ex militar y actual boss of cea, is only 2 drink past owing to strike. police owing to atende at the sitio self on his responsabilidad because; boss of one departamento of husticia y coriendo car of gobierno marduga below ; influencia of alcohol.

cuerpo especial aruban is one departamento cu more of 180 employee of cual one seccion elite is arm y even have podernan policial extra ordinario. cea is cuida edificionan of gobierno, is cuida y atende cu everybody bishitando we corte, kabinete of governor, conseho of minister y others. also the same cuerpo here is cuida the edificio of kia for evita cu none person or obheto/substancia prohibi can enter the institute coreccional. near of esey cea is encarga cu transporte of all detenido at aruba, tanto for of kia self because; also for of wardanan of police.

dennis rombley have enough year end trahando at cea y owing to know of crece in his posicion till arrive at the function maximo. the is conoci for is one person integro y intachabel, specialmente debi at his preparacion y carera in servicio militar of we country. the susedido of today marduga assure do not one good ehempel neither for his empleadonan y assure not for we comunidad!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

http://web.thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/25647-suspects-killed-were-unarmed-.html

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »

Just another reason to not visit One Happy island!

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »

I agree Jamcakes! 

An article in one of the Colombian papers says it was a big mistake and that the suspects the police were supposedly after were Puerto Ricans!

Doesn't quite explain the large quantity of cocaine though, or maybe it's not uncommon there to have a few kilo's laying around the house or in your car!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=188.msg1510927#msg1510927

"The news we received from the authorities of the island is that they were wrong, because according to intelligence work, were waiting for two Puerto Ricans. Many people were outraged by what happened in view were good, hardworking people," a close to the family that resides in Santa Marta, preferring anonymity.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »

The picture of the cocaine, in the one photo, was listed as "file photo".

What I notice is that Taco Stein, at first said no DEA was involved.  Now that it was a screw up, the USA/ DEA requested/directed everything.  Sheesh..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »

It is all Dutch to me and ... all Dutch to my Dutch-American DIL.  However ... the article appears to be covering the first NHRC's fundraising.

Almost seven years have come and gone and Beth Holloway is still a force that Holland/Aruba has to deal with.  If the Dutch/Aruban "powers that be" who were behind the coverup that has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway thought for one minute that the case would in time become a distance memory ... they should have thought again.

Janet

++++

Beth Holloway waarschuwt voor reizen

AMSTERDAM - De moeder van de verdwenen Natalee Holloway heeft de leerlingen van een Amerikaanse school vrijdag gewaarschuwd voor 'de gevaren' van reizen naar het buitenland. Vooral op Aruba lopen tieners gevaar om bijvoorbeeld gedrogeerd en beroofd te worden, zei ze vrijdag volgens lokale Amerikaanse media.

Beth Holloway deed haar uitspraken op de Augusta Preparatory Day School in de staat Georgia. Volgens Holloway zijn Amerikaanse toeristen in het buitenland vaak slachtoffer van criminelen. Holloway heeft een website geopend, mayday360.com, om tieners die in het buitenland reizen te helpen.

De 18-jarige Natalee verdween in mei 2005 op Aruba. Ondanks uitgebreide zoektochten naar het meisje is haar lichaam nooit gevonden. Joran van der Sloot, die in januari in Peru tot 28 jaar cel werd veroordeeld voor de moord op de 21-jarige Stephany Flores, geldt als hoofdverdachte in de verdwijningszaak.

Een dag na de veroordeling van Van der Sloot werd Natelee Holloway door een Amerikaanse rechter officieel doodverklaard. Beth Holloway vertelde de scholieren dat zij er zeker van is dat Van der Sloot haar dochter heeft meegelokt en vermoord.

geplaatst: 25-02-2012 - 18.00

<snipped>

http://www.nd.nl/artikelen/2012/februari/25/beth-holloway-waarschuwt-voor-reizen

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Dutch prince who was struck by avalanche may not regain consciousness

AMSTERDAM –  A Dutch prince hit by an avalanche while skiing off-trail in Austria last week suffered massive brain damage and may never regain consciousness, his doctors said Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/24/dutch-prince-who-was-struck-by-avalanche-may-not-regain-consciousness/?intcmp=obnetwork

~~~~
He looks a bit like Paulus, eh?

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.