March 19, 2024, 01:28:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430405 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:49 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »

One week to go!  Tickets still available!

Beth Holloway
Thursday, March 22, 7 pm
Bristol Public Library | J. Henry Kegley Meeting Room

Tickets include: Private Meet & Greet at 6pm with Reserved seating to Presentation at 7pm and Hardcover copy of Loving Natalee $50.
General admission free, if available.

Beth Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway, who vanished on the last night of her senior class trip on May 30, 2005. To this day Beth continues to search for the truth of what happened. She grew up in Arkansas, then lived and worked in Tennessee, Mississippi, and finally Alabama where she now lives with her son, Matt. Holloway talks about hope, courage in sheer adversity, and travel safety.

http://www.bristol-library.org/discovery-series/ds-future-speakers

For more information regarding events and cost of attending contact Sarah Hutchinson, Marketing Director – Bristol Public Library Foundation at 276-821-6148 or marketing@bristol-library.org.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

The same article in English, a few things a clearer in it.

http://www.amigoe.com/english/104959-marine-still-in-custody-after-fatal-accident-

‘Marine still in custody after fatal accident         

WEDNESDAY, 14 MARCH 2012 11:28

ORANJESTAD — Marine R.D (24) and driver of the car that was involved with a fatal accident near Mahuma on Friday evening, is still in custody in connection with the investigation. He is suspected of ‘reckless driving resulting in a fatal accident, while driving under the influence’.
 ::snipping2::
The Public Prosecutor (OM) confirmed before the Amigoe this morning that the marine is held in custody ‘as not to impede the investigation’ and to prevent him from going to The Netherlands, said OM-spokesperson Ann Angela. If it comes to a trial, the OM wants to try the marine on Aruba. “The accident happened on Aruba; it would be correct to try the suspect on the island”, said Angela. Moreover, Justice suspects the use of alcohol had played a part. A blood sample was taken from the driver for investigation purposes. Unconfirmed sources report that the marines had been to a party and had had a few drinks.
The accident on Friday evening, whereby marine Casper Hendrikse (24) had died almost immediately and Frank Kerpel (19) who succumbed to his injures on Monday, had a big impact on the defense community on Aruba, defense spokesperson Vanesse Strijbosch said before the Amigoe. “This is quite a shock”, she said. “They were young lads.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »

a few things "are" clearer in it, is what I meant to say...   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

Another girl missing since last Wednesday.   

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/104789-tiener-vermist-en-twee-kort-ontvoerd

Google translation:

Back home, safe and sound.  Where she was for a week has not been divulged.

http://www.diario.aw/2012/03/mucha-muher-di-16-ana-a-regresa-cas-bek/

Papiamentu translation:

child muher of 16 year owing to return cas bek

publication: thursday, 15 march 2012.

categoria: general

oranjestad (aan): informe cu daily paper owing to ricibi of police, is indica cu till tuesday nightfall, the child muher joisy g, owing to return cas sano y salvo. police owing to bay at the cas, y here agentenan owing to talk cu grandmother of joisy y past owing to declara his granddaughter one rato first owing to return cas. police owing to take away joisy direction for keep of police for interogacion, at keep also comandante owing to atende. after police owing to take away joisy cas, police owing to talk also cu father y his next day elo take contacto cu the despacho of jeugd- provided that zeden politie. as can corda, was diaranzon week happen for 10’or of morning cu past owing to bay for of his cas at apachestraat. where the was all the dianan ey, not owing to worde divulga, but police have atencion for this.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1387824/noticia-mil-internos-contrajeron-tuberculosis-penales-peru-2011

Google translation

Thousand inmates contracted tuberculosis in prisons of Peru in 2011

Thursday March 15, 2012 - 05:28 pm 3 Comments

Thousand inmates of prisons nationwide contracted tuberculosis in 2011, according to the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) based on the information recorded.

Of these cases, 442 occurred in Lurigancho, where just today that institution and the Ministry of Health conducted a campaign in favor of the prison population.

In the campaign, 400 people received information, drugs and medical services. In addition, blood samples were taken from inmates as a preventive measure.

In the aforementioned prison there is a special program to fight TB and HIV-AIDS, highlighted by the way the Deputy Director of Prison Health, Jose Best Romero.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: March 16, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/105044-hoofdredacteur-en-uitgever-bon-dia-bereid-tot-schikking

Google translation:

Bon Dia editor and publisher willing to settle         

THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2012 9:21

Journalist Harold Faro at the door of the Court Wayaca, after considering the request for termination of his contract by Caribbean Printing Speed.

ORANGE CITY - Chief Editor of the newspaper Bon Dia Aruba, Harold Faro, publisher and Caribbean Speed ​​Printing (CSP) given by the court two weeks to arrange. CSP will dismiss the editor after more than twenty years of service. Faro itself will remain at the newspaper. He must leave, he wants a severance payment of 180,000 florins.

by our reporter

Ariën Rasmijn

The judge suggested that both parties agree with each other to board, and thus they agreed. Will the editor and publisher, not before 28 March to reach an agreement, it still follows verdict. Bon Dia Aruba Faro wants to continue working, the work which he claims to be fused. He is editor in chief since February last year until he officially on 14 February with mandatory vacation and was sent a letter from the board in which it was pointed out to him like fire. Now all the cards on the table, said the lawyer for the publisher yesterday also more opportunities to see and ask for a settlement with Faro to take.

CSP makes the argument that Faro several written warnings about his behavior and instructions of the board has ignored. He would also have had a hostile attitude to the August newly appointed operations manager, Samantha Nicholas. This would work within the newspaper effective by including the productivity of the editors to investigate.

New manager

The publisher gets to that Faro has previously indicated his editorship to want to step back in order to write. When Nicholas is later reported to CSP for a job, she was told that the position of editor was open. Nicholas gave this to want a job, but was eventually appointed as operations manager. "Faro itself had indicated earlier this function no longer want and Nicholas gave their willingness to continue to grow within the company," said director John Chemaly of CSP during the trial. But the Faro found Chemaly argument that the position of editor was open, 'disrespectful'. He was also not involved in the appointment of Nicholas or to any discussion of its tasks to the editors. "I did not know what they are going to discuss with the editors. We were all informed in an e-mail addresses of three lines and thus it was ready, "said Faro against the judge.

Harassment

Both parties acknowledge that after Chemaly Faro on 29 August aggrieved confronted with the application of Nicholas, the relationship deteriorated. "We have really tried to make it work, but he refused," said Chemaly. Parties saluted or spoke to each other for months not. Faro says that the publisher has started a campaign of harassment against him. Chemaly would increasingly have interfered with editorial matters and Nicholas, the function of Faro with the approval of Chemaly have directly undermined.

Texts on the front page

Faro was after the collision of August written warnings, after multiple oral warnings were given, says the lawyer for the publisher. Faro denies that he verbally warned. The written warnings included for eating at his desk, but also for repeatedly ignoring the order of the board to all opening articles on the front to continue on the next page. Nor were there any new items that Chemaly was asked to place. For conflict management is not interfered with the editorial, said the lawyer of Faro. Faro had through his lawyer that the length of an item and placing a strict editorial matter should be. "It depends on the new subject or the article may or may not be longer," added Faro to it there himself during the trial. His lawyer showed the edition of Bon Dia on Wednesday at the court, where both front-page articles - one written by the board - on the frontpage extensions. "The Management reserves apparently do not follow the rules," said the lawyer.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: March 16, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »

Harold Faro's lawyer is Anthony Carlo

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

http://www.diario.aw/2012/03/harold-faro-kier-sigui-traha-cu-bon-dia-pero-si-nan-persisti-pa-kite-e-ta-exigi-180-000-florin-pa-e-20-ananan-di-dedicacion-na-e-compania/

According to this article in Diario, Rick Samuels is representing Caribbean Speed Printers N. V.

(Not sure if he's in this picture or not, Chemaly is second from right...I'm thinking that could be Samuels next to him, jmo  I don't recall ever seeing him, so I don't know what he looks like.)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: March 16, 2012, 03:53:25 PM »

http://www.curacaolegalportal.com/Details/Law-Firms/Tundruk-Consulting-N.V.html

Tundruk Consulting N.V.
Calabas 9-A Aruba
Phone: (00297) 583 1093

http://www.arubachamber.com/templates/kvk/view_extract.php?k=7740
Only valid if accordingly signed by the Aruba Chamber of Commerce & Industry - J.E. Irausquin Blvd. 10, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Appearing in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in ARUBA since 20 DECEMBER 1988 under serial number 7778.0 is the company with the tradename:

TUNDRUK N.V.

Business address   CALABAS 9-A, NOORD
Legal form   LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Name of the company   TUNDRUK N.V.
Statutory seat   ARUBA
Date of incorporation   06 DECEMBER 1988
Last amendment in the articles   08 DECEMBER 2009

Authorized capital   ARUBAN FLORINS 50,000.00
Issued capital   ARUBAN FLORINS 10,000.00
Paid up capital   ARUBAN FLORINS 10,000.00
Fiscal year   01 JANUARY thru 31 DECEMBER

DIRECTORS - AUTHORIZED PERSONS AND CORPORATE BODIES - SUPERVISORY BOARD:

TUNDRUK HOLDING N.V.;
Business address   CALABAS 9-A, NOORD, ARUBA
Position   MANAGING DIRECTOR
Effective   13 DECEMBER 2005
Authority   FULL

OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE COMPANY
A. TO ACT AS AN INTERMEDIARY FOR THE INCORPORATION OF LEGAL ENTITIES, ARUBA EXEMPT CORPORATIONS AND OTHER CORPORATIONS, AS WELL AS IN THE AMENDMENT OF THE ARTICLES THEROF;
B. TO EXERCISE ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPERVISORY DUTIES IN LEGAL ENTITIES, ARUBA EXEMPT CORPORATIONS AND OTHER ENTITIES AND CORPORATIONS AS WELL AS TO CONDUCT ADMINISTRATION THEREOF;
C. TO ACT AS A REGISTERED AGENT OF ARUBA EXEMPT CORPORATIONS;
D. TO PROVIDE ADVICES AND ASSISTANCE IN THE FIELD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT;
E. TO LOOK AFTER THE FINANCIAL INTERESTS OF THIRD PARTIES IN AND OUTSIDE OF ARUBA;
F. TO BE ACTIVE AS AN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE AND IN RELATION THERETO TO ISSUE CERTIFICATES ON SHARES DEPOSITED WITH IT;
G. TO ACT AS TRUSTEE FOR LOANS OF THE RIGHTS AND INTERESTS OF CREDITORS AND AS SUCH, TO REGISTER COLLATERAL SECURITIES IN BEHALF OF ITS CREDITORS AND TO TAKE POSSESSION AS SECURITY;
H.   TO ACT A ADMINISTRATOR, EXECUTOR, RECEIVER, ADMINISTRATOR, LIQUIDATOR OR TRUSTEE;
I. TO GIVE ADVICE IN LEGAL, ECONOMICAL AND FISCAL FIELD.

http://www.arubachamber.com/templates/kvk/view_extract.php?k=33726

Only valid if accordingly signed by the Aruba Chamber of Commerce & Industry - J.E. Irausquin Blvd. 10, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Appearing in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in ARUBA since 22 NOVEMBER 2004 under serial number 32710.0 is the company with the tradename:

TUNDRUK HOLDING

Business address   CALABAS 9-A, NOORD
Legal form   LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Name of the company   TUNDRUK HOLDING N.V.
Statutory seat   ARUBA
Date of incorporation   19 NOVEMBER 2004
Last amendment in the articles   08 DECEMBER 2009

Authorized capital   ARUBAN FLORINS 50,000.00
Issued capital   ARUBAN FLORINS 10,000.00
Paid up capital   ARUBAN FLORINS 10,000.00
Fiscal year   01 JANUARY thru 31 DECEMBER

DIRECTORS - AUTHORIZED PERSONS AND CORPORATE BODIES - SUPERVISORY BOARD:

SAMUELS, RICK COS;
Born in   ARUBA, ARUBA on 30 MAY 1970
Nationality   DUTCH
Effective   19 NOVEMBER 2004
Authority   FULL

ELLIS-SCHIPPER, MIRIAM ARLENE;
Born in   NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, CURACAO on 07 JANUARY 1973
Nationality   DUTCH
Effective   14 MARCH 2005
Authority   FULL

OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE COMPANY
1.   TO GIVE IN GENERAL LEGAL, FISCAL, JURIDICAL AND FINANCIAL-ADMINISTRATIVE ADVICES;
2. TO GIVE ADVICE CONCERNING ADMINISTRATIVE, MANAGEMENT, RECRUITMENT POLICY AND PERSONNEL ORGANIZATION. 3.   TO EXERCISE MANAGERIAL, AND SUPERVISORY DUTIES IN CORPORATIONS;
4.   TO ACT AS PROXY OR TRUSTEE;
5. TO ACT AS COLLECTION AGENCY;
6.   TO TRANSFER ON HER NAME PERSONAL AND REAL PROPERTY ON BEHALF OF THIRD PARTIES AND THE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION THEREOF;
7. TO ADVICE AND MEDIATE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT AND SELLING OF COMPANIES OR PARTS OF COMPANIES;
8. WHETHER FOR OR IN THE NAME OF THIRD PARTIES, BUY AND SELL, RENT AND LEASE REAL PROPERTIES , AS WELL AS TO MEDIATE THERETO;
9. TO GIVE SECURITY BONDS AND OTHER GUARANTEES, ALL THIS AS SECURITY FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE DEBTS OF THE CORPORATION AND THE DEBTS OF THIRD PARTIES;
10. TO INVEST ITS ASSETS IN SECURITIES;
11.   TO INVEST ITS ASSETS, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN REAL PROPERTY;
12. THE FULL OR PARTIAL ACCUMULATION OF PENSION PROVISION IN BEHALF OF EMPLOYEES OR FORMER EMPLOYEES OF THE COMPANY AND/OR THEIR SURVIVING RELATIONS.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: March 16, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »

45 Law Firms on Aruba, from this 2011 list.  Wow.

http://www.gemhofvanjustitie.org/uploads/files/Advocatenlijst_Aruba%202011.pdf

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: March 16, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

Aruba = 75 sq miles = 1.66 Law Firms for every square mile   Monkey Devil!

That's a lot of lawyers for such a "safe" island Monkey Devil!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #411 on: March 16, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »

wreck, you are not alone.  I totally agree with you...it can't be defended; unfortunately that as many other things in my opinion is just the intention of such.  What would one expect the result of never ending indefensible speculation to be?  If not totally ignored, never ending conflict; right?  And from there I think most of us at this point in time have seen enough to know what the ultimate goal of that might be.

The only reasonable defense, as hard as it can be...

I know you've heard the saying before...

D. F. t. T.

JMHO

ITA

If Joran has friends in "high" places, they must be stoned out of their heads, b/c why are they letting him languish in a Peruvian jail?  With "friends" like that, who needs enemies!?  Besides that, Joran having friends is an oxymoron.

IMO, Joran got away with it in Aruba only b/c of Daddy and b/c of Aruba's decision to put tourism before honor.

Joran - almost nobody wants him- not Aruba, not the NL, not Thailand, not even his Mommy wants the delicious sporter anymore.  The only reason the US wants him, is to stand trial and to to obtain a measure of justice and maybe some answers for Natalee's loved ones.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »

THE PERISTENCE BETRAYAL

I suspect that CapsLockWizard's January 18, 2008 arrival on the SM Natalee Holloway forum was meant to distract attention away from the Persistent find onto the pond search.  Then when  Kyle Kingman/Ocean Exploration began posting details encompassing the Persistence find ... details that revealed the contents of the trap had been retrieved unchallenged by the Aruban enemy ... the Aruban enemy who had prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway since May 30, 2005 ... the four headed CapsLockWizard went into damage control distractions with theories that went beyond the pond.

Janet

+++++

private eye
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #737 2/29 -
« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2008, 04:08:07 PM »

I hope that the Persistence has not done all of this work and gone to all of this expense only to have gotten itself into an arrangement whereby Aruban divers are the ones who actually verify the targets and are the first ones to physically retrieve evidence, with no American divers physically with them. If so, all I can say is I just can't believe this has happened. But surely I am wrong.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2662.msg358435#msg358435

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #744 3/19 -
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2008, 08:21:47 PM »

<snipped>

We had little option other than to have the Aruban dive division recover the samples and bring them back under their care.  Remember we are Americans working in Aruban waters, subject to their laws, invitation, and blessing.  Our hands are tied for the most part. I personally was extremely uncomfortable with the chain of custody, being that we weren't a part of it, but I was powerless to do anything about it.  The samples were photographed in detail by one Aruban diver and the other two investigated the contents of the trap, the dimensions, the rigging, and what surrounded the trap.  From the video, it looked like they did a diligent and careful job with the samples and the underwater photography.  I don't know who has these pictures, but I must assume ALE.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2721.msg366857;topicseen#msg366857

s.t.

The games people play!

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

THE APPEASEMENT OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT

Could it be that the almost two year appeasement of Joran van der Sloot by the Aruban/Dutch "powers that be"  through negotiations with higher ups within a corrupt Peruvian justice system is the reason the Aruban house of cards has yet to collapsed ... the Aruban house of cards that was built around the Natalee Holloway case ... the Aruban house of cards that Joran was not only a player within but also holds the ACE in the deck of cards.  The implication?  Joran's knowledge of all the players who have prevented justice from prevailing for almost seven years has the potential of bring down that Aruban house of cards.

The appeasement of Joran van der Sloot?  Think about it.  According to Richard Flores ... a private investigation revealed that Joran received "excessive" privileges in the Peruvian lockup from DAY ONE.  For a murder that was beyond brutal ... the Peruvian justice system ruled against the Flores' attorney and rather than a life sentence ... sentenced  Joran to 28 years.  In Peru twenty-eight years with reduction credits translates into approximately 9 years.  The timing of the recently passed Extradition Treaty between Peru and the Netherlands ... coincidence or not ... implies that in all probability Joran will spend at least part of that short sentence in the Netherlands.

Justice for Stephany?  I don't think so.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »

1.  Peruvian Justice System - Unofficial Payments

Judicial System
Individual Corruption

The Peruvian judicial system is tainted with corruption and official pressure, according to the US Department of State 2010. Similarly, Freedom House 2011 reports that corruption in the judiciary remains rampant. Also Transparency International's Global Corruption Barometer 2010 points out that the judiciary is among the most corrupt public institutions in Peru. According to the report, well over half of the surveyed households consider it as 'extremely corrupt', while more than a quarter reports having paid a bribe in 2009. Also, in the Proética Fifth National Survey on Corruption 2008, the surveyed citizens consider the judiciary to be among the most corrupt institutions in Peru.  User surveys also indicate that unofficial payments affect both the speed and the final outcome of judicial processes.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »

2.  Ricardo Flores - Joran's "Ecessive" Privileges

Flores, Holloway families await van der Sloot's trial
1/13/2012

Stephany Flores’ family is still holding out hope they can convince the court to increase the charges to include a possible life sentence. Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, claims Van der Sloot has lived “like a king” while the Flores family mourns.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Flores-Holloway-families-await-van-der-Sloots/KxiEyoDHDEypHoVG4yN6Sw.cspx

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cell phone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/avantgo/2017229687.html

Van der Sloot Gets 28 Years for Murder in Peru
Jan 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores.

Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

“Mr. Flores wants peace for his family. The damage is done and it is beyond repair,” he continued.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2012, 08:18:47 PM »

3.  The Confession - A Murder Beyond Brutal

Confession: Joran van der Sloot describes killing Stephany Flores
Published: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 2:51 PM
Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 4:11 PM

Asked for a detailed description of the killing:

"She was on the bed when I hit her hard with my right elbow and I think her head went back and hit the wall, then she begins to bleed, immediately I get on top of her and with both hands I begin to strangle her, keeping her that way for a minute. After that, I throw her to the floor but she keeps breathing. At that moment I take off my shirt and put it on her face, pressing on it. I don't remember for how long but she stops breathing, in this way I think I caused her death."
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/confession_joran_van_der_sloot.html

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/06/joran-van-der-sloots-confession-read-entire-document-here

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

4.  No Life Sentence - Joran's Attorney: "A Big Win"

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
August 17, 2011

The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN.

Investigators delivered their case file to prosecutors in June for a decision on charges. Ricardo Flores said the prosecutor in the case, Miriam Riveros Castellares, is "not moving with the speed that a case of this magnitude merits."

"We're asking that either the prosecutor file charges or that authorities remove her from this case and name somebody else," he said.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-17/justice/peru.van.der.sloot_1_stephany-flores-sloot-lima-hotel-room?_s=PM:CRIME

Peru to beef up Joran van der Sloot charges
Published on 17 September 2011 - 3:38pm

At the first public hearing, on 12 September 2011, Mr Van der Sloot was charged with murder and robbery. The Public Prosecutor called for a 30-year jail sentence and damages of 50,000 euros.

The lawyer for the victim’s family said the charges should not be “murder followed by robbery” but “robbery followed by murder”, which carries a life sentence. He also rejected the 50,000 euro compensation as insufficient.

The judge hearing the case has instructed the Public Prosecutor to reformulate the charges, which will delay the trial.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/peru-beef-joran-van-der-sloot-charges

Hearing for Van der Sloot held in Peru
12:01 PM, Sep 12, 2011

Alvarez said there were also some discrepancies with the evidence presented in the case and the official charges of voluntary manslaughter.

"We have said there are inconsistencies in the prosecution's account and its accusations, between the evidence it uses and what it is asking for.  These inconsistencies could bring about negative consequences at trial because it could result in a mistrial," Alvarez said.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/172815/288/Hearing-for-Van-der-Sloot-held-in-Peru

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
Published: 11/25/2011 9:44 am
Updated: 11/26/2011 8:25 am

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client.  If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

Flores, Holloway families await van der Sloot's trial
1/13/2012

Stephany Flores’ family is still holding out hope they can convince the court to increase the charges to include a possible life sentence. Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, claims Van der Sloot has lived “like a king” while the Flores family mourns.

Prosecutor Miriam Castellares is asking for 30 years in prison, on charges of murder and simple theft; however, Flores’ family is asking the public prosecutor to amend the charges to “robbery followed by murder.”

According to Edwar Alvarez, the Flores family’s lawyer, with different charges Van der Sloot could receive life imprisonment.

"We aim to present evidence during the trial that will lead the prosecutor to change the classification of the crime, so that it becomes robbery followed by murder. This will not be 30 years in prison, but life imprisonment,” he told the Lima newspaper El Comercio.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Flores-Holloway-families-await-van-der-Sloots/KxiEyoDHDEypHoVG4yN6Sw.cspx

Joran van der Sloot sentenced to 28 years for murder of Peruvian woman
Published January 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot has been sentenced to 28 years in prison after pleading guilty to the 2010 murder of a 21-year-old Peruvian woman he had met at a casino in Lima.

Van der Sloot was also ordered to pay $75,000 in reparations by a three-judge panel in Lima for the "cruel" and "ferocious" murder that took place exactly five years to the day after the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba. He showed no emotion as the court clerk read the sentence, describing how he elbowed Flores in the face then beat and strangled her with his bloodied shirt

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/13/joran-van-der-sloot-to-be-sentenced-for-murder-peruvian-woman/?test=latestnews

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »

5.  Experts - 30 Year Sentence = 10 Years

Experts say Van der Sloot may only serve 10 years for Peru murder
November 23, 2011

Lima, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian prosecutors will seek a 30-year-sentence in the murder trial of Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot instead of life in prison, the judiciary said on Tuesday (November 22).

Mario Amoretti, a Peruvian lawyer specializing in criminal law, said the public had expected prosecutors would try for a stiffer sentence against Van der Sloot but had to scale back their plans because of sentencing guidelines for murders in which robbery could be the primary motive.

If convicted in Peru, Amoretti says the Dutch citizen would be eligible for parole after having served 10 years and could finish out part of his sentence in his native country.

"Imagine that they sentence him to 30 years. According to the penitentiary legislation he could get out with penitentiary benefits in 10 years -- which is a third of his sentence -- for good behavior, sentence reduction for working, for a psychological evaluation that recommends he be processed and set free. And according to our penitentiary legislation there is the possibility that he could be transferred to the Netherlands to finish out his sentence -- even though there is no treaty like there is with Italy and the United States -- the transfer and shipping of prisoners to their home countries is, in this case, in order that there be a sense of reciprocity. Peru will send Van der Sloot to Holland so that if there is a Peruvian sentenced in Holland they might be sent to finish their sentence in Peru," Amoretti added.

http://www.ntn24.com/news/videos/experts-say-van-der-sloot-may-only-serve-10-years-peru-murder-7766

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »

6.  A Transfer to the Netherlands?

Peru, Netherlands Agree Extradition Treaty

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request.
The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

The two ministers discussed, among other things, human rights, cooperation in efforts to stop drug trafficking, promotion of mutual investment and knowledge exchange in the areas of water management and cooperation in judicial and defence matters.

The foreign ministry says there are currently 117 Dutch nationals in Peruvian prisons. In 113 cases, they have been convicted of a drugs offence. The most well-known Dutch prisoner is Joran van der Sloot, in jail for the murder of a Peruvian girl.

Van der Sloot's case is not yet concluded. Depending on the sentence his client receives, his lawyer Maximo Altez does plan to make use of the new regulation.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/140511_4.htm

s.t.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.