March 19, 2024, 01:25:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430404 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »

This is where Deepak was working according to his VISA application:

https://www.arubatopdrive.com/about-us/

Whatever happened to the Cyberzone Internet Cafe?  I thought Deepak's stepdaddy bought it.

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: March 19, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »

Jamcakes, pretty sure it changed hands again and changed it's name.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »

ribbit
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »

ribbit

There's Kermit!  Hi stranger!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #444 on: March 20, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: March 20, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »

http://www.watvindtnederlandervan.nl/index.php?fPID=Nieuws&fID=2409&fCat=&fSite=Nederland

20/03/2012
Reintroduce capital punishment in the Netherlands

Netherlands, in 1870 the death penalty removed from the normal criminal law. It was not until the constitution of 1983 before imposing the death penalty was actually prohibited by law.

In 1945 the death penalty was reintroduced for the punishment of war criminals.

The last execution was conducted in the Netherlands on 21 March 1952. That day there were two war criminals facing the firing squad: the German Artur Albrecht Wilhelm and Dutchman Pieter Andries. They were the last of the 39 after the Second World War by the state are executed.

In recent years, more and more Dutch people who want to reintroduce the death penalty. A recent poll by Gallup shows that even
a majority in the Netherlands (72 percent) believe that the main suspect in the great Amsterdam sex case, the 27-year-old Robert M., a life sentence should be.  But for criminals such as Joran Dutch want the death penalty.

::snipping2::
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #446 on: March 20, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »

http://www.watvindtnederlandervan.nl/index.php?fPID=Nieuws&fID=2409&fCat=&fSite=Nederland

20/03/2012

Netherlands, in 1870 the death penalty removed from the normal criminal law. It was not until the constitution of 1983 before imposing the death penalty was actually prohibited by law.

The last execution was conducted in the Netherlands on 21 March 1952. That day there were two war criminals facing the firing squad: the German Artur Albrecht Wilhelm and Dutchman Pieter Andries. They were the last of the 39 after the Second World War by the state are executed.

In recent years, more and more Dutch people who want to reintroduce the death penalty. A recent poll by Gallup shows that even
a majority in the Netherlands (72 percent) believe that the main suspect in the great Amsterdam sex case, the 27-year-old Robert M., a life sentence should be.  But for criminals such as Joran Dutch want the death penalty.

Joran inspires a lot of people, I see!

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »

20/03/2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: March 20, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »

20/03/2012

Thanks Grace.

When "higher ups" are protecting you ... in Aruba/Netherlands it appears you are not charged with anything connected to a crime.  The death penalty would never have applied to Joran van der Sloot even it had been on the books.

Janet

++++++

Held on Suspicion

Aruba Authorities Detail Murder Suspicions
Friday, June 24, 2005

<snipped>

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

Protecting Joran

On the Record w / Greta
November 14, 2005

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S MOTHER: Well Greta, somebody is lobbying for Joran in the Hague in order to protect him ….. it has to be.

<snipped>

Transcript Credit: Heli/RU

NANCY GRACE
Aired February 15, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

HOLLY HUGHES, GUEST HOST: Well, Jug, let me ask you this, do you think that Joran van der Sloot will ever be arrested and brought to trial in Natalee`s case?

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S STEPHFATHER: I`d like to hope that he would, but I doubt it. You know, I pray every night that something will happen, somebody will say something. But to be honest, Holly, there`s so many people involved in this, it was a huge cover-up from the beginning. And there are so many people protecting him that I don`t know if they`d ever bring him to trial.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

No Justice for Natalee in Aruba

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 182: September 1 Helen calls to say the court is asking for DNA from the Kalpoes and Joran van der Sloot and that their attorneys are fighting this.  She also says the suspects are pointing the finger at one another.

Page 183: Helen is very positive. "It looks good that they will remain in custody." she says.  Then about three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.

"Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!

Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information.  So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island to the defense side that all three suspects will walk.

Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Natalee's handwriting on her immigration card states that the duration of her stay here would be four nights.  It has been ninety-five.  And I have painstakingly counted every one of them.

When Helen calls, I stand in a corner of the hotel room, phone to my ear, tapping my head against the wall over and over.  Tears fall hard.  "I'm done, Helen.  I'm done.  No justice for Natalee in Aruba.  I'm done."

Page 185: The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.  Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a restaurant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust?

Page 189:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: March 20, 2012, 10:06:20 PM »

20/03/2012

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »

http://www.dichtbij.nl/alphen/regionaal-nieuws/artikel/2299539/column-tamara.aspx

Google translation

Column: Tamara
REGION | March 21, 2012 | 1 | By White Weekly

Alphen - Since July 2006, the gruesome murder of Tamara Wolvers Alphen a sad handle. For the murder suspect from the start, but he was acquitted for lack of evidence. First, the court did that and then that happened on appeal, even after new evidence was submitted. The prosecution went in cassation to the Supreme Court but this action did not lead to conviction. The national press and TV journalist Peter R. de Vries devoted considerable attention to this horrible affair.

The backgrounds are remarkable. Around the murdered Tamara teeming with DNA traces. Traces of the perpetrator that the convincing evidence forms and allowing sometimes years later, an offender is caught. This time was different because the defendant could show that he (former) family of Tamara frequently been present in the house where the murder took place. Conclusion: DNA traces were not evidence and the suspect had only to hold his tongue to be acquitted.
It is hoped that one day the killer gets remorse and still confesses. Probably not. But there are strohalmpjes. Remember the murder of Christel Ambrosius in Putten, the murder took place in 1994 and the offender could be sentenced in 2009 (in 2011 on appeal to 18 years). Consider also murderer Joran van der Sloot in 2005 was suspected of murdering the American Natalee and was eventually arrested for one (robbery) murder in 2010 the Peruvian Tatiana Ramirez. Although the world was convinced that Joran had murdered the American girl he could not be arrested and led his new 'murder' behavior still a conviction.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: March 21, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/03/hero_brinkman_quits_the_pvv_op.php

Hero Brinkman quits the PVV, opposition call for new elections

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hero Brinkman, an MP for the anti-immigration PVV since 2006, has left the party, saying he can no longer accept the lack of democracy within the organisation and the way different groups in society are constantly being singled out for criticism.

His decision means the ruling alliance – the minority cabinet plus PVV – no longer has a majority in parliament, although Brinkman said he would continue to support the government.

Brinkman told a news conference he had taken the decision to leave the PVV because as a democrat ‘and a positive person’, it had become too difficult to support a party ‘built around one man’ and which refuses to consider the future.

Members

Brinkman, a former policeman, has long campaigned to turn the PVV into a party with formal members, an annual conference and a youth wing. This has led to several clashes with founder Geert Wilders and other senior figures in the movement.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-press-review-wednesday-21-march-2012

Brinkman holds balance of power
The real significance of the MP’s resignation from the PVV – he has not given up his seat – is that he is a crucial number 76 in a 150-seat parliament. The conservative-Christian Democrat minority coalition needs the parliamentary support of the PVV but, without Brinkman, has lost its one-seat majority.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:47 PM »

One week to go!  Tickets still available!

Beth Holloway
Thursday, March 22, 7 pm
Bristol Public Library | J. Henry Kegley Meeting Room

Tickets include: Private Meet & Greet at 6pm with Reserved seating to Presentation at 7pm and Hardcover copy of Loving Natalee $50.
General admission free, if available.

Beth Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway, who vanished on the last night of her senior class trip on May 30, 2005. To this day Beth continues to search for the truth of what happened. She grew up in Arkansas, then lived and worked in Tennessee, Mississippi, and finally Alabama where she now lives with her son, Matt. Holloway talks about hope, courage in sheer adversity, and travel safety.

http://www.bristol-library.org/discovery-series/ds-future-speakers

For more information regarding events and cost of attending contact Sarah Hutchinson, Marketing Director – Bristol Public Library Foundation at 276-821-6148 or marketing@bristol-library.org.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:04 PM »

SELF-EDIT

One week to go! s/b One day to go!

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: March 22, 2012, 12:07:46 AM »

Beth Holloway In Bristol ThursdayBy Courteney Barnes
POSTED: 11:00 pm EDT March 21, 2012

BRISTOL, Tenn. -- A familiar face on national news will be in Bristol Thursday, as part of the Bristol Public Library's 2012 Discovery Series.

<snipped>

Beth Holloway will speak at the library at 7:30 Thursday night.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/30735414/detail.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2012, 02:05:10 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: March 22, 2012, 02:41:01 AM »

THE ONLY ONE WHO NEED NOT FORGET, HASN'T FORGOTTEN.

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED

KEEPTHEFAITH

GOD BLESS

TICK

TOCK

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: March 22, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »

THE ONLY ONE WHO NEED NOT FORGET, HASN'T FORGOTTEN.

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED

KEEPTHEFAITH

GOD BLESS

TICK

TOCK

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: March 23, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »

IT IS WELL WORTH IT!

Loving Natalee

A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 208:
  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

Page 209:  Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive ...

Page 219: In each city I have the privilege to speak to several high schools, churches, or law enforcement and civic groups.  This translates to thousands of youths and adults.  Delivering this safety message is my triumph over devastation.  It gives me great joy and is tremendously rewarding work.  I think that I can bear the pain of losing Natalee if it means that I can prevent another family from going through our tragic experience.  If even just one young person in tens of thousands is saved, then it's well worth it.  I ask young people to make a conscious decision to stay safe.  They have to make the choice.  And I'm not asking them to do anything more than I ask myself.  I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It is not easy.  I ask God to help me.  And I know it's not easy for young people to think about choosing  not to get into a situation in which they can't defend themselves.  But we all have to make hard choices.

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360

http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.