March 18, 2024, 07:37:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430331 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2012, 12:22:08 AM »

Beth Holloway
March 22, 2012

DAVID CRIGGER/BRISTOL HERALD COURIER - Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, spoke Thursday night at the Bristol Public Library as part of the 2012 Discovery Series.

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/mar/22/beth-holloway-2-im-160084/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:16 AM »

UPDATE!!

March 22, 2012
Beth Holloway Come To Bristol

The disappearance of Natalee Holloway on a trip to Aruba made national news. Thursday Night her mother Beth Holloway was in Bristol to tell how she's using her life experience to help other families.

It was an event that drew a crowd of nearly 100 to the Bristol public Library Thursday night and parents like Leslie Crigger were searching for direction to keep their kids safe. "If she can give me information on how to feel comfortable and let them live their life and be prepared for tragedy so that I will be prepared for situations like this and have a handle then, It's good to be very useful to me and my kids."

Beth Holloway made a stop earlier in the day at Tennessee High School to talk to Juniors and Seniors about being safe and learning from Natalee's disappearance. Students learned a lot but Megan Hopkins was here to find out more about the challenges holloway faced. "The legal process of what she faced in Aruba with the difference in politics in Aruba and the US."

Holloway thinks kids learn more about what parents fear than we think. "They.ve heard their parents say this all their lives but they didn't relate to it. When I present then it is like it brings it full circle."

And Anita Machado of the Bristol Public Library Foundation thinks there is a message here for every adult. "to get the message of faith and hope. She doesn't want this to happen to any other parent or any other family that they have to experience what she has."

Even though there has never been real closure for the Holloway family, using the experience to help others has been a comfort for Beth Holloway "It's been six and a half years almost in my search for Natalee, and not only searching for Natalee but I have had a lot of experience in the last six and a half years of helping other families."

http://www.wcyb.com/news/30743650/detail.html

TY s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: March 23, 2012, 12:46:17 AM »

Hi Grace ... I see ya in the rafters.

Good Night

Janet
9:40 PM PT

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »

Thank you for the update, Janet!

"It's been six and a half years almost in my search for Natalee, and not only searching for Natalee but I have had a lot of experience in the last six and a half years of helping other families."
  -- Beth Holloway

Justice for Natalee!   ::justice2NJ::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #465 on: March 23, 2012, 05:12:44 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: March 23, 2012, 07:16:21 AM »

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

texasmom -  an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »

Natalee Holloway's mother speaks at Bristol Public Library
Published: March 23, 2012 Updated: March 23, 2012 - 9:00 AM

BRISTOL, Va. -- Some four sleepless days into searching crack houses, alleys and the darker side of an island paradise, Beth Holloway knew in her heart that missing daughter Natalee was dead.

Seventeen-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared from the Caribbean island of Aruba in May 2005. Her body was never found and no one has been charged with the crime.

Nearly seven years later, Beth Holloway continues to honor Natalee’s memory by speaking out about travel safety, while promoting organizations to aid families whose loved ones are missing and educating those who travel abroad. On Thursday night at the Bristol Public Library, she held a group of more than 100 spellbound while describing her journey through tragedy.

She recounted the nightmarish search for her missing daughter, the indifference and lack of cooperation from foreign law enforcement and the encounters with prime suspect Joran van der Sloot.

Holloway said she gave up hope her daughter would be found alive after finally seeing surveillance video that didn’t show Natalee returning to the hotel in a car, as van der Sloot had said. After viewing the tapes, Holloway frantically left the hotel in search of a church. She found a row of crosses.

“I came upon a beautiful cross and fell down on my knees and cried out to God to please give her back,” Holloway said, as many in the audience wiped away tears. “I took pebbles from the ground and rubbed them across her picture – praying, crying and begging God to give her back. After being numb for days, there was pain, torturous pain. I went to each cross, knelt down and repeated my prayer."

“As I reached the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers came: complete peace blanketed me. And, in that instant, I knew that Natalee was with God. Somehow I knew that the moment she got into the backseat of that car, her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night. The wind blew – and I felt Natalee – and I promised to never give up searching for her.”

While the Holloway case was never solved, Beth Holloway remains convinced van der Sloot was responsible. Earlier this year, he was sentenced to 28 years in a Peruvian prison after confessing to the murder of a young woman there in 2010. He is expected to eventually be sent to the U.S., to face charges of trying to extort money from Holloway.

A former teacher, Holloway said her mission now is to educate others about the potential dangers of traveling abroad and urging them to take certain steps to safeguard themselves.

“We don’t teach our children these things because we live in fear, but because it’s not a safe world,” Holloway said. “It might not be safe at home – in an Internet chat room – and it might not be safe on an exotic island trip with friends. What I really want our children and young adults to hear is that their personal safety is up to them.”

On Thursday afternoon, Holloway took that message directly to about 600 Tennessee High School seniors and juniors. She talked, in graphic detail, about what she experienced searching for her daughter and the circumstances that likely befell Natalee the night before she was scheduled to fly home to America.

Senior Meagan Hopkins said it was a powerful message that resonated with her and classmates.

“She said when we go to a foreign country; the people there aren’t necessarily looking out for you. That we need to take precautions, get some emergency numbers and locate legal resources, to be totally prepared, have international calling on our phones and have a plan,” Hopkins said.

Hopkins was familiar with the story, having read Holloway’s book “Loving Natalee: A Mother’s Test of Hope and Faith,” that was on the New York Times bestseller list in 2007.

“It [book] had me in tears many times throughout the book. It’s surreal to think about something like that happening to someone. She described it in such detail, I felt like I was with her in Aruba. It was hard to read because you know how the story ends, but it’s a book I think all people should read, especially before going on a trip,” Hopkins said, adding that she hopes to study in China this summer and plans to heed Holloway’s advice.

“To make the transition from victim to victor, I made a choice to turn what I’ve learned through a tragedy into a learning experience for others. My audience is global, but even if I only reach one individual with my message – a student, a parent, a traveler, you – then I’ve become the victor over all the sorrow and the pain,” Holloway said.

To those ends, she has established the International Safe Travels Foundation, a nonprofit organization designed to educate the public about traveling safely overseas. The Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which opened two years ago in the National Museum of Crime and Punishment, was set up to aid families of missing persons. Beth Holloway previously hosted a TV show about missing persons, and her book was made into two TV movies

<snipped>

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/mar/23/natalee-holloways-mother-speaks-bristol-public-lib-ar-1787274/

Loving Natalee - A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: March 23, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »

Thank you, Janet, for the article.  Beth gave a wonderful, powerful message to both audiences!   

Her message of hope and faith was so moving, especially this one--

“As I reached the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers came: complete peace blanketed me. And, in that instant, I knew that Natalee was with God. Somehow I knew that the moment she got into the backseat of that car, her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night. The wind blew – and I felt Natalee – and I promised to never give up searching for her.”

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »

BRISTOL, Va. -- Some four sleepless days into searching crack houses, alleys and the darker side of an island paradise, Beth Holloway knew in her heart that missing daughter Natalee was dead. ...

Holloway said she gave up hope her daughter would be found alive after finally seeing surveillance video that didn’t show Natalee returning to the hotel in a car, as van der Sloot had said. After viewing the tapes, Holloway frantically left the hotel in search of a church.

<snipped>

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/mar/23/natalee-holloways-mother-speaks-bristol-public-lib-ar-1787274/

Mayday 360

The Rest of My Life

Page 96 - 97:
  The black and white footage plays.  Suddenly a girl with light hair crosses the threshold of the lobby.  The video is grainy, but clearly shows the lobby entrance of the Holiday Inn.  I ask them to rewind it and play it again.  I recognize her.  I want it to be Natalee, but know it's not.  It's Mat's daughter.  I ask to see it again.  Again.  Again.  Play it once more.  Now again.  More than ten times they rewind the spot on the tape that shows this young woman coming into the hotel and stopping at the front desk to get a key.  I so want it to be my daughter.  Maybe if I look at it enough times I can make it her.  Please!  Play it again.  Slow it down.  Now pause it.  Please, be Natalee.  But it isn't.  I already know the second time I see it that it isn't her.  The tapes play out.

The night passes.  Natalee never appears at the hotel where Joran and Deepak so elaborately demonstrated they left her.  She never came back.  She never got out of that car and stumbled and bumped her head like they told me.  She got into Deepak's car at Carlos 'n Charlie's, but they didn't bring her here like they said they did.  And I surmise that this must be why Paulus is telling people, like the headmaster, that the outside hotel cameras are broken.  So no one would find out the truth.

There is silence in the little crowed room.  Eventually the quiet is broken as police officers and detectives who witness the same evidence we do in the wee hours of Thursday morning begin to speak very softly, almost whispering to one another in Dutch and Papiamento.  I don't know what they're saying but they are very subdued.

They all see for themselves that Joran, Deepak and Satish never brought Natalee back to the Holiday Inn.  Those three made everything up, from how they took her to the lighthouse to see sharks to how they left her at the hotel.  Joran isn't a tourist, and he isn't staying at the Holiday Inn.  He isn't nineteen years old, as he told Natalee's friends.  He's seventeen.  It's all lies.  All of it.  The dialog between Natalee and Joran, the places they went, how they got home -- concocted.  And for what reason?  Surely to cover the truth about what has really happened to Natalee.  They know.  And now we all know they lied.  But what they don't know is that I'm willing to wait out all their lies to get to the truth.  I have the rest of my life to find out what has happened to Natalee.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: March 23, 2012, 12:03:49 PM »

Thank you, Janet, for the article.  Beth gave a wonderful, powerful message to both audiences!   

Her message of hope and faith was so moving, especially this one--

Grace ... Beth Holloway continues to honor her pledge that she made within six months of losing her precious daughter.  She is one amazing woman!  Beth's testimony is a constant  source of inspiration and encouragement.

I hope your day is good.

sunny

Janet

+++++

My Pledge

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith

Page 189:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Page 200:  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge. It's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professionals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: March 23, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »

<snipped>

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which opened two years ago in the National Museum of Crime and Punishment, was set up to aid families of missing persons. Beth Holloway previously hosted a TV show about missing persons, and her book was made into two TV movies.

She was the first speaker in the library’s 2012 Discovery Series, which brings internationally known authors, speakers and media personalities to the Twin City.

<snipped>

+++++

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith

Vanished With Beth Holloway Episodes
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/vanished-with-beth-holloway/episode-tips

Lifetime Natalee Holloway Movies

“Natalee Holloway”
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/natalee-holloway

"Justice for Natalee Holloway"
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/justice-for-natalee-holloway/about

Mayday 360

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »

http://www.ed.nl/nieuws/algemeen/binnenland/10722830/Joran-van-der-Sloot-deelt-zijn-cel-met-ander.ece

Google translation

Joran shares his cell with another
Friday, March 23, 2012 | 8:54 p.m. | Last updated: Friday, March 23, 2012 | 8:55 p.m.

LIMA - Joran van der Sloot is no longer in solitary confinement in the Peruvian prison Piedras Gordas. That said his lawyer Jose Jimenez requested by the ANP.

"He's not in a meditatiecel, as it is called, but now has more space and shares a cell with another prisoner'' said Jimenez.

Van der Sloot, he said, still upset because he was transferred from the Castro Castro prison to Piedras Gordas, in a wasteland outside the Peruvian capital Lima is located and has a stricter regime. The Institute for correctional facilities INPE has still not responded to Van der Sloot's request to return to Castro Castro should go, said Jimenez.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »

http://www.funny-celebrity-pictures.com/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-in-jail-with-his.html

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: March 23, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »

more justice 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: March 23, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »

Klaas!  Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: March 23, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »

Now THAT'S funny!!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/van-der-sloot-out-solitary-confinement

Van der Sloot out of solitary confinement

Published on 23 March 2012 - 10:25pm
More about: Joran van der Sloot Peru Stephany Flores
Joran van der Sloot has been taken out of solitary confinement in the Peruvian prison Piedras Gordas. His lawyer José Jiménez has told the ANP:

“He is no longer in a mediation cell as they call it, but he now has more room and shares his cell with another detainee.”

He says Van der Sloot is still annoyed that he has been transferred from the Castro Castro prison in the Peruvian capital Lima to Piedras Gordas in the desert outside the city. The prison is notorious for its strict regime. Mr Jiménez says the authorities have not responded to a request to be transferred back.

The lawyer says the transfer was uncalled for, because Van der Sloot had not misbehaved and the image that his cell was luxurious was incorrect.

Van der Sloot’s lawyer says there is no news about his appeal, but a decision is expected within a few weeks
 ::snipping2::

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: March 23, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »

Monkey Devil!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: March 23, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »

Monkey Devil!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.