March 19, 2024, 12:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430389 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »

Protecting Joran

On the Record w / Greta
November 14, 2005

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY’S MOTHER: Well Greta, somebody is lobbying for Joran in the Hague in order to protect him ….. it has to be.
[/color]

<snipped>

Transcript Credit: Heli/RU

NANCY GRACE
Aired February 15, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

HOLLY HUGHES, GUEST HOST: Well, Jug, let me ask you this, do you think that Joran van der Sloot will ever be arrested and brought to trial in Natalee`s case?

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S STEPHFATHER: I`d like to hope that he would, but I doubt it. You know, I pray every night that something will happen, somebody will say something. But to be honest, Holly, there`s so many people involved in this, it was a huge cover-up from the beginning. And there are so many people protecting him that I don`t know if they`d ever bring him to trial.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired September 13, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

NANCY GRACE, HOST: What was the grounds? Why did they release them?

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S MOTHER: You know, Nancy, there was absolutely no -- no grounds for them to be released. And I spoke with the Dutch interrogators. And even as of September the 1st, things were really progressing well, and Joran and Deepak and Satish, they had -- these young men had divided, and they were not denying a crime anymore. They were merely implicating each other. And the list of inconsistencies was presented before Judge Smit. The reasonable doubt was there. I don`t have any idea why he fled the island and then faxed a reversal decision. It just is incredible.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/13/ng.01.html

Good lord, -- that was 7 years ago  -- six years before Peru.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »

San
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #841 6/22/10 -
« Reply #1553 on: June 26, 2010, 12:47:13 AM »

I just have a feeling something even bigger is going to happen.  I have a feeling that Joran is going to throw people under the bus and start naming names.  Joran is mad and he will turn his anger towards Aruba for not helping him.  Everyone get ready to run.

People like:

Van der Straaten
Rudy Croes
Nelson Oduber
Karin Jannsen
Rick Smid
Bob Witt
Ben King
Michael Posner
Julia Renfro

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8145.msg1170391#msg1170391

Looking back almost two years ... why did San's scenario ... which I was in agreement ... not play out?  Could it be that the appeasement of Joran van der Sloot is the reason the Aruban house of cards has yet to collapsed ... the Aruban house of cards that was built around the Natalee Holloway case.
According to Richard Flores' private investigation Joran received excessive privileges in the Peruvian lockup from DAY ONE.  For a murder that was beyond brutal ... the Peruvian  justice system sentenced Joran to 28 years rather than a life sentence.  Twenty-eight years translates into approximately 9 years.  The newly passed extradition treaty ... coincidence or not ... implies that in all probability Joran will spend at least part of that short sentence in the Netherlands.

Justice for Stephany Flores?  I don't think so.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »

Peruvian Justice System - Unofficial Payments

Judicial System
Individual Corruption

The Peruvian judicial system is tainted with corruption and official pressure, according to the US Department of State 2010. Similarly, Freedom House 2011 reports that corruption in the judiciary remains rampant. Also Transparency International's Global Corruption Barometer 2010 points out that the judiciary is among the most corrupt public institutions in Peru. According to the report, well over half of the surveyed households consider it as 'extremely corrupt', while more than a quarter reports having paid a bribe in 2009. Also, in the Proética Fifth National Survey on Corruption 2008, the surveyed citizens consider the judiciary to be among the most corrupt institutions in Peru.  User surveys also indicate that unofficial payments affect both the speed and the final outcome of judicial processes.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »

scratch

http://www.tvequals.com/2012/03/23/30-rock-grandmentor-review/
30 Rock “Grandmentor” Review
March 23, 2012

It’s the annual TGS walk-on contest on 30 Rock. Thankfully Liz avoids the unpleasantness of announcing Joran Van Der Sloot as the winner and allows Kenneth to take the spot in a ploy to save Tracy from Hazel.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #504 on: March 24, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

O/T

MuffyBee, your smiley eating that chocolate rabbit is cracking me up!  I love it!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »

O/T

MuffyBee, your smiley eating that chocolate rabbit is cracking me up!  I love it!

Thank you, texasmom. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »

https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/kst-32500-VI-113.html

Google translation:

Meeting Year 2010-2011
Papers No. 113-VI 32,500
Available since
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:51

32 500 VI
Adoption of the budget of the Ministry of Justice (VI) for the year 2011
Nr. 113

LETTER FROM THE MINISTER OF SAFETY AND JUSTICE

To the Speaker of the House of Representatives

The Hague, June 27, 2011

By October 1, 2011 changes the Dutch implementation policy regarding the transfer of prisoners to the Netherlands under the Act sentence transfer enforcement (WOTS). The WOTS implements include in the framework of the Council of Europe convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons of 1983 (VOGP).

Procedures for conversion and continuation

The WOTS and VOGP have two procedures: the conversion procedure and the procedure continued implementation.

The conversion process converts a Dutch court the foreign criminal to Dutch standards, what in some cases-especially drug offenses - can lead to the foreign criminal is reduced. The conversion process is the creation of the WOTS considered the procedure of choice in the Netherlands enjoys (a) .

The procedure continued implementation of the foreign sentence in its entirety by the Netherlands, albeit that the Dutch statutory maximum sentence shall not be exceeded. If this is the case the penalty may only be taken as condemnation of the country agrees to a modification of the penalty to the Dutch maximum sentence. The procedure continued enforcement is applied by the Netherlands as the country where the conviction, as specifically requested.

Purpose WOTS: rehabilitation and reducing recidivism risk

The idea behind the transfer of sentenced persons is that a penalty in the country of which the convicted person and / or lives and rooted, the chance of rehabilitation of the offender and increases the risk of recidivism decreases.

Implementation in the Netherlands of a punishment to a Dutchman abroad is imposed, a convicted offers the possibility to express in its own language and country to prepare for the return to society. This is also in the Dutch interest, since the offender usually after serving his sentence abroad will return to the Netherlands. By the latter part of the foreign sentence in the Netherlands to implement, will prevent the offender without preparation is returned to the Dutch society.

Preferred other EU countries for continued implementation

The vast majority of Dutch citizens abroad have been convicted, are detained in one of the EU countries. The majority of these countries is only willing to transfer prisoners to the Netherlands as the Netherlands continued implementation of the procedure applies. The reason for this reduction is the punishment that often results from application of the conversion process. Of the countries where several Dutch detention, votes only Belgium, Denmark, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom in the conversion process.

Policy: No transfer without penalty remainder

Many requests for shipments originating from countries that accept the conversion procedure, however, should be rejected because after transfer to the Netherlands and after conversion by the Dutch courts, no or insufficient punishment remainder would remain. The rejection of this request stems from the "Policy on the transfer of enforcement of foreign criminal judgments" by the then Minister of Justice in late 2007 was sent to the House in February and on 13 February 2008 in the House was discussed. It says that the Netherlands will seek that with each shipment a residual sentence in the Netherlands can be implemented so that the transmission can also stretch to rehabilitation of the claimant. With the application of the WOTS is indeed taking over the enforcement of foreign criminal sentences intended. Since the policy applies, being taken to ensure that detainees arriving in the Netherlands not immediately be released. This means that in practice, because of the lack of punishment remaining after conversion, the transfer of a prisoner in many cases can be established. In this situation voortgezettte enforcement arises less often.

EU Framework Decision: implementation procedure of continuing the line

Within the EU changes after the 2012 transfer of sentenced persons by the gradual implementation of the Framework Decision 2008/909/JHA of the Council of the European Union of 27 November 2008 3 . This Framework Decision still in the process of continuing enforcement. The framework thus provides further substance to the principle of mutual recognition that focuses criminal cooperation in the European Union.

The bill to implement this Framework will shortly be submitted to the House.

Policy Change per 1 October 2011

Against the background of the above, I chose the procedure continued implementation within the European Union's main procedure to make. Although the formation of the WOTS primarily based on the conversion procedure, but I note that a majority of EU member states a preference for applying the procedure of continuing enforcement. In addition, the importance of the principle of mutual recognition of criminal cooperation in the European Union increasingly to the fore to assist. In this area, a significant number of framework decisions come about, which is now added the aforementioned Framework Decision on the transfer of enforcement of criminal sanctions.

Surrender of Dutch and grid

For completeness, I note that I will see if the conversion procedure should remain applicable to cases where the Netherlands nationals or their equivalent on supplies for the prosecution in another EU country. In such cases, the condition that the implementation of any custodial sentence imposed in the Netherlands can take place, which the punishment is converted to Dutch standards (the return guarantee). On the occasion of the submission of the aforementioned implementation bill, I will make known my decision about this.

This change in the application of the Dutch WOTS execution policy will take effect on October 1, 2011 within the EU. I trust that this change leads to the goal of the WOTS, reducing recidivism and rehabilitation, in more cases will be realized.

The Minister of Safety and Justice
IW Opstelten

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »

http://www.tweedekamer.nl/vergaderingen/commissievergaderingen/volgende_weken/details.jsp?parlisnummer=2011A03695&dayofweek=Woensdag&his=1

Google translation:

Commission Meeting Agenda - House of Representatives

Safety and Justice Agenda
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 Public
Time:    1:30 p.m. -16:30 hours
City:   Troelstra Hall
Type:   General consultation
Lead Commission:   Safety and Justice
Criminal Law in the EU
Agenda items:
1.   Letter about some European instruments in the making
32317-72 dated September 9, 2011
Some European instruments in the making
2.   Transfer of sentenced persons from EU countries (WOTS)
32500-VI-113 dated June 28, 2011

3.   File: Directive on the right of access to counsel in criminal proceedings and on the right to communicate with arrest
22112-1234 dated October 3, 2011
4.   File: Directive on minimum standards for rights, protection and assistance to crime victims
22112-1235 dated October 3, 2011
5.   EU proposal: Green Paper on EU criminal law in the field of detention COM (2011) 327
EU proposal: Green Paper on EU criminal law in the field of detention COM (2011) 327
22112-1244 dated October 17, 2011
Government responds EU Green Paper detention
6.   Criminal Law in the European Union
32317-80 dated November 8, 2011
7.   Sheet: Communication working on a criminal policy of the EU
22112-1258 dated November 11, 2011
Sheet: Communication working on a criminal policy of the European Union
8.   Proposal for a directive on the right of access to legal counsel
32317-79 dated November 4, 2011

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »

I think this may have to do with it too, but I'm not sure.  This talks about amendments to the bill, but I haven't found the actual bill yet.

https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/kst-32885-8.html?zoekcriteria=%3fzkt%3dEenvoudig%26pst%3d%26vrt%3d(WOTS)%26zkd%3dInDeGeheleText%26dpr%3dAfgelopenDag%26sdt%3dDatumBrief%26ap%3d%26pnr%3d1%26rpp%3d10&resultIndex=4&sorttype=1&sortorder=4

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »

http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/straffen-en-maatregelen/buitenlandse-straf-overdragen-aan-nederland

Google translation:

Transferred to foreign criminal Netherlands

Several thousand Dutch get a penalty in a country other than where they come from. For them there is no assistance in returning to society. Therefore, under certain conditions, possibly to a penalty imposed by another country to perform in the Netherlands.

Conditions serve prison Netherlands

Sometimes Dutch people who have been convicted abroad (rest of) serve their sentence in the Netherlands. This is because the Netherlands participate in an international "Convention on Transfer. In the Netherlands the possibilities of this treaty provided for in the Act sentence transfer enforcement (WOTS)  . More than 60 countries have joined the treaty.

It is possible to transfer a convict to a Dutch prison as:

• The offender a Dutchman (or an alien with a valid residence permit for the Netherlands) and in the Netherlands his permanent residence or residence;
  • Netherlands has a treaty with the country;
  • There is no appeal against the sentence (irrevocably condemned);
  • There are at least 6 months from the punishment, when punishment takes over the Netherlands;
  • The condemned a request to the country of conviction and that country submits a request to the Netherlands;
  • Both the Netherlands and the other country agree to the transfer and the way the sentence in the Netherlands will continue.

Applications for transfer to the Netherlands

If an inmate wants to serve his sentence in the Netherlands, he must submit a request to the country of conviction, to the prison where he is. A request for transfer of the criminal, both in the country of conviction in the Netherlands as assessed by various parties. Depending on the procedure may take a long time. 

Within the European Union new appointments (WETS)

To transfer penalties between countries within the European Union will soon be a new regime of power, the law on mutual recognition and enforcement-custodial sanctions and conditional (WETS) . The WETS means a change in the rules for transfer of imprisonment in relation to the WOTS . WETS also makes the transfer of service orders and suspended sentences with supervision possible.

A transfer under the new European agreements can occur only if both countries have their own national law have made. In the Netherlands, the proposal now in the House and the law will probably force mid 2012. For the moment just before the prison so WOTS funds.

Information line and BILLS WOTS

The Ministry of Security and Justice WOTS has a special information line: (088) - 07 25 963.

Documents and publications

Sentence in the Netherlands? New rules of the European Union

The rules for transfer of prisoners in EU countries to the Netherlands
Directive | 06/01/2012 | BZ
http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/straffen-en-maatregelen/documenten-en-publicaties/richtlijnen/2012/01/06/straf-uitzitten-in-nederland-nieuwe-regels-van-de-europese-unie.html

Law parole
Brochure | 09/30/2010 | VenJ
http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/straffen-en-maatregelen/documenten-en-publicaties/brochures/2010/09/30/wet-voorwaardelijke-invrijheidstelling.html

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2012, 12:18:19 AM »

The Bristol reviews just keep on coming!  Natalee would be sooo proud of her mother.

Janet

+++++

We Offer Her Our Thanks

Beth Holloway full of courage, strength
Published: March 24, 2012 Updated: March 24, 2012 - 6:00 AM

Courageous and charitable she is, yet such compliments pale against the pure emotional strength that must be necessary for Beth Holloway to share her most personal, yet public tragedy: The death of a daughter, without the means to find her body and possibly closure; and, the inability, or seemingly unwilling behavior, of those whose who should be solving and punishing such crimes.

Holloway received a due amount of applause at the Bristol Public Library. She deserves the recognition for sharing her story – and for her efforts to help others avoid similar tragedies. She brought that work to our community with her visit Thursday, to her audience as part of the library’s 2012 Discover Series, by speaking to students at Tennessee High School, and by the stories she shared with our greater community through this newspaper’s coverage of her visit.

Unveiling and reliving personal pain for the benefit of others is tough work. Holloway did so gracefully, and we offer her our thanks.

<snipped>

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/mar/24/beth-holloway-full-courage-strength-ar-1789788/

s.t.

Natalee's Hero

Loving Natalee - A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

<snipped>

As I read on in the journal, I discover that one of the most moving entries is her desription of a hero.  Natalee writes:

A Hero is someone who puts others before himself.  He or she is very selfless and cares about the well-being of others.  Heroes also accept life's challenges and remain strong through tough times.  They also have a strong sense of determination and stick to goals and morals.  I believe that heroes uphold morals and try to encourage others to live life morally correct.  Heroes are not only just people called in times of physical danger, but individuals that can both emotionally and physically help people get through rough times.  A hero should always show respect for other people as well as respect for himself.

Instantly I realize that Natalee is poignantly describing the people who have reached out to help her family get through this "tough time."  It's almost as if she is thanking everyone herself by recognizing the importance of selfless people.  And I am amazed at her profound words here.  I sit and read the entire journal ...

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »

http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/bestanden/documenten-en-publicaties/richtlijnen/2012/01/06/straf-uitzitten-in-nederland-nieuwe-regels-van-de-europese-unie/2011-informatieblad-wets-wots.pdf

Sentence in the Netherlands? New rules of the European Union

Directive | 06/01/2012 | BZ

What will change?

Change 1 WOTS is LEGAL for European Union

In 2008, the countries of the European Union new appointments made on punishment transfer. These agreements are Netherlands inclusion in a new Act: the reciprocal recognition and enforcement deprivation of liberty and conditional sanctions (WETS). The WETS is not yet entered. This may take place in the second half of 2012. The Dutch parliament must still agree.

Change 2 New rules in the WETS

WOTS and WETS differ. These are the most important new rules:

• 'LAW' in the country where you are stuck
The country where you are stuck, you must also have a law introduced the new European agreements. If that law does not yet exist, then the WOTS. It varies by country when the law comes.

• Verdict: on or after December 5, 2011
The LAW applies only if the sentence on or after December 5, 2011 has become final. "Irrevocable" means that the procedure has been completed and that appeal is no longer possible.

For all sentences imposed before December 5, 2011 are irrevocable become subject to the WETS is not (but the WOTS).

• The foreign criminal is continued, not converted
In criminal transmission in the Netherlands can WETS foreign punishment does not convert to the Dutch penalty. So the punishment you are abroad is imposed changes in the Netherlands.

Even though the punishment exceeds what is customary in the Netherlands.

• Deadline for application processing and transfer Netherlands and the country where you are stuck must within 90 days decided on the punishment transfer. The time that needed to make complete, complete, and send keys the application is not among them in. Thus, in practice, it may be longer than 90 days before a decision is made. As start date of the 90-day period the day Netherlands the application for transfer will receive the punishment of the
country where you are stuck. The penalty transfer? It must country where you are stuck make sure you within 30 days after this decision is transferred to the Netherlands.

• Consent of the prisoner is no longer required
Usually, the country where you are convicted, the punishment transfer execute without your consent. You can post your opinion.  But the punishment transfer can also continue if you did not accept agree.

Initiative comes from the land (government), not the convicted Under the old rules had the prisoner (or his lawyer or family) take the initiative for punishment transfer. The new rules state that the country of conviction does. The land of criminal conviction is not required to request transfer. You has also not automatically entitled to. However, you can specify that you want to be eligible for transfer penalty. You should do do at the prison where you reside. Sometimes that with a form. You can also let you know through your lawyer.

Change 3 A new division: IOS
A request for transfer penalty will now contact the
Department of International Assistance in Criminal Matters of the Ministry
Security and Justice. From 1 January 2012, another Department do this. It is called: Department of International Transfer
Criminal Sentences (IOS). The IOS is part of the Custodial
Institutions (DJI). That is also part of the Ministry of Safety and Justice.

Change 4 A new phone
The WOTS information line is for prisoners, lawyers and family members who have questions about punishment transfer.
From 1 January 2012, the WOTS a new information line
phone: 088 July 25 963 (from abroad: 00 31 88 07 25 963).
The WOTS information line every day from 9.00 to 12.00.

More information

More information about WOTS and WETS is on www.rijksoverheid.nl.

There is also the article Hello WETS, day in WOTS Envoy No. 4 - 2011.

That is the leaf of Epaphras Foundation. You can find it at www.epafras.nl.
For questions about your personal situation please should contact your lawyer and the prison where residence.

This fact sheet is a publication of:
Custodial Institutions
PO Box 30132 | 2500 GC The Hague
On this sheet is not legally derived. DJI accepts no liability for errors in this data sheet.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: March 25, 2012, 12:40:07 AM »

I can just see it now...   

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: March 25, 2012, 02:21:40 AM »

I can just see it now...   

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

::boxingjoran::

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: March 25, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »

Peru, Netherlands Agree Extradition Treaty

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request. The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

The two ministers discussed, among other things, human rights, cooperation in efforts to stop drug trafficking, promotion of mutual investment and knowledge exchange in the areas of water management and cooperation in judicial and defence matters.

The foreign ministry says there are currently 117 Dutch nationals in Peruvian prisons. In 113 cases, they have been convicted of a drugs offence. The most well-known Dutch prisoner is Joran van der Sloot, in jail for the murder of a Peruvian girl.

Van der Sloot's case is not yet concluded. Depending on the sentence his client receives, his lawyer Maximo Altez does plan to make use of the new regulation.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/140511_4.htm

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: March 25, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request. The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

The two ministers discussed, among other things, human rights, cooperation in efforts to stop drug trafficking, promotion of mutual investment and knowledge exchange in the areas of water management and cooperation in judicial and defence matters.

The foreign ministry says there are currently 117 Dutch nationals in Peruvian prisons. In 113 cases, they have been convicted of a drugs offence. The most well-known Dutch prisoner is Joran van der Sloot, in jail for the murder of a Peruvian girl.

Van der Sloot's case is not yet concluded. Depending on the sentence his client receives, his lawyer Maximo Altez does plan to make use of the new regulation.

Altez hopes that his client will be convicted of 'manslaughter by violence,' carrying a jail sentence of 3 to 5 years. "If he is given a sentence of five years, I will advise him to apply for the transfer to the Netherlands. If it is longer, we must look at this again separately."

You conveniently left out the last paragraph. Joran ain't going anywhere except to the grave or The U.S. first.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: March 25, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »

You can say that again wreck!   

If Peru has or does adopt WETS, from my understanding Joran, his family, nor his attorney can even apply for the transfer...the application would have to come from the Peruvian government.  Joran could request that to happen, BUT he would not be ENTITLED to that.

Now isn't that special?   

And Joran is giving them plenty of time to do it, if they haven't already.   

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57365540-504083/joran-van-der-sloot-appeals-28-year-murder-sentence/

Even under the WOTS guidelines, all proceedings have to be complete before a transfer can even be applied for.

If you haven't read it, read this carefully...   

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12630.msg1515124#msg1515124

But as you said, he's got to face the U. S. charges first.

I don't believe that the Netherlands would even consider approving a transfer until that is all said and done.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: March 25, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »

I thought it was interesting that the new guidelines for transfer were announced the week before Joran was sentenced in Jan 2012, and they will be in effect for all cases that are finalized after Dec. 2011.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12630.msg1515124#msg1515124

Verdict: on or after December 5, 2011
The LAW applies only if the sentence on or after December 5, 2011 has become final. "Irrevocable" means that the procedure has been completed and that appeal is no longer possible.

Yep, the Netherlands doesn't want him either.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: March 25, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »

Altez hopes that his client will be convicted of 'manslaughter by violence,' carrying a jail sentence of 3 to 5 years. "If he is given a sentence of five years, I will advise him to apply for the transfer to the Netherlands. If it is longer, we must look at this again separately."

You conveniently left out the last paragraph. Joran ain't going anywhere except to the grave or The U.S. first.

Wreck ... I did not "conveniently" leave out anything.  To conform to forum rules ... I "snipped" the last paragraph off of the article.  One only has to click the link to read what has been "snipped".

Anyways ... the outcome will be what the outcome will be.  Until then ... considering what I have gleaned on the topic ... I SPECULATE that the monster who committed a murder beyond brutal will qualify for a transfer to the Netherlands to serve his sentence.  I could be wrong.

Janet

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: March 25, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »

Wreck ... I did not "conveniently" leave out anything.  To conform to forum rules ... I "snipped" the last paragraph off of the article.  One only has to click the link to read what has been "snipped".

Anyways ... the outcome will be what the outcome will be.  Until then ... considering what I have gleaned on the topic ... I SPECULATE that the monster who committed a murder beyond brutal will qualify for a transfer to the Netherlands to serve his sentence.  I could be wrong.

Janet

I'm starting to think you WANT him to go to the Netherlands.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.