March 18, 2024, 11:38:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430380 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: March 31, 2012, 12:33:30 PM »

Kath Mazzocchi-Drenga?!?!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/106587-council-of-ministers-st-maarten-discusses-candidature-of-pietersz

Council of Ministers St. Maarten discusses candidature of Pietersz         

WEDNESDAY, 28 MARCH 2012 11:20

WILLEMSTAD — The Council of Ministers (RvM) of St. Maarten will discuss the recommendation of former judge and Attorney General on Curaçao and Aruba, Robert Pietersz, as temporary member of the Board of Commissioners (RvC) of the Central Bank of Curaçao and St. Maarten (CBCS).  It’s possible that the Council of Ministers of Curaçao will discuss this recommendation tomorrow.  President of the Court Lisbeth Hoefdraad recommended Pietersz as temporary member. Minister of Finance George ‘Jorge’ Jamaloodin (MFK) recently requested Hoefdraad to appoint a seventh member in the RvC of the Central Bank for the time being. The Board of Commissioners should consist of seven members, but since the dismantlement of the Netherlands Antilles on 10-10-’10 and subsequently the installation of the CBCS (to replace the Bank of the Netherlands Antilles (BNA)), Curaçao and St. Maarten hadn’t been able to agree on appointing the seventh member. The six members of the RvC were appointed on May 31st and sworn in early June last year. A seventh RvC-member could give the deciding factor with important decisions. According to the bank’s articles of association, the president of the Communal Court of Justice of Aruba, Curaçao, St. Maarten and of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba will appoint a temporary member ‘if the ministers neglect to make a recommendation or if the countries neglect to appoint a member within three months after the recommendation’.

::snipping2::

http://www.amigoe.com/english/106708-government-surprised-by-pietersz-appointment-in-rvc-of-central-bank

Government surprised by Pietersz’ appointment in RvC of Central Bank   

THURSDAY, 29 MARCH 2012 11:20

WILLEMSTAD — Minister of Finance, George ‘Jorge’ Jamaloodin (MFK), was ‘really surprised’ when the president of the court Lisbeth Hoefdraad informed him of the appointment of Robert Pietersz as member of the Board of Commissioners (RvC) of the Central Bank of Curaçao and St. Maarten (CBCS). “I’ve no problem with Robert Pietersz personally, but with the fact that although the government of Curaçao had recommended ten candidates, the president of the court chose to recommend another person rather than considering one of our candidates”, a disappointed Jamaloodin stated before the Amigoe.As the Amigoe reported earlier, Hoefdraad recommended Pietersz as temporary member. The Board of Commissioners should consist of seven members and since the dismantlement of the Netherlands Antilles on 10-10-’10 and the installation of the CBCS (thus replacing the Bank of the Netherlands Antilles (BNA)), Curaçao and St. Maarten were unable to agree on a seventh member. The six members of the RvC were appointed on May 31st last year and sworn in early June. A seventh RvC-member could be the deciding factor with important decisions.

Disadvantageous construction

According to the bank’s articles of association, the president of the Communal Court of Justice of Aruba, Curaçao, St. Maarten and of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba will appoint a temporary member ‘if the ministers neglect to make a recommendation or if the countries neglect to appoint a member within three months after the recommendation’. Jamaloodin: “This is an extremely disadvantageous construction for Curaçao. As country, we are 75%-owner of the Central Bank. In any company, the voice of those having the majority of interests would be decisive. However, thanks to Zita Jesus-Leito and Emily de Jongh-Elhage, we’ve now reached a deadlock with no prospects”, said the Minister of Finance.

Jamaloodin emphasized it’s not about the person Pietersz, although in the corridors the Minister heard several stories and rumors, for instance that several years ago the former attorney general arranged that Tromp was not prosecuted. “However, these are only stories and rumors, so we’ll leave it at that”, said Jamaloodin.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »

Kath Mazzocchi-Drenga?!?!

Yep    Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: March 31, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

Pietersz was reported to have recently retired from this position.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22491.htm

Principal Government Officials
Governor General--Fredis J. Refunjol
Prime Minister--Michiel Godfried (Mike) Eman
Deputy Prime Minister--Mike Eric de Meza
Minister of Economic Affairs, Social Affairs and Culture--Michelle Janice Hooyboer-Winklaar
Minister of General Affairs and Foreign Relations--Michiel Godfried (Mike) Eman
Minister of Finance, Communication, Utilities and Energy--Mike Eric de Meza
Minister of Health and Sport--Richard Wayne Milton Visser
Minister of Justice and Education--Arthur Lawrence Dowers
Minister of Tourism, Labor and Transport--Otmar Enrique Oduber
Minister of Integration, Infrastructure and Environment--Oslin Benito Sevinger
Minister Plenipotentiary to The Hague--Edwin Bibiano Abath
Minister Plenipotentiary to Washington, DC--Jocelyne Croes
President, Bank of Aruba--Jane R. Semeleer
Attorney General--Robert Pietersz

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/106705-american-aviation-authority-faa-not-satisfied-with-aruba

American aviation authority FAA not satisfied with Aruba         

THURSDAY, 29 MARCH 2012 11:16

ORANJESTAD — The Directorate of Aviation is to amend regulation and policy in order to comply with the standards of the international civil aviation organization ICAO. Furthermore, several aircraft companies have to be recertified because the management didn’t think it was necessary to perform obligatory personnel drills, such as evacuation and beach training.By our reporter

Alex Laclé

Parliamentarian Chris Dammers (AVP) from the Transport Committee stated the aforementioned before the Amigoe this morning. According to Dammers, these are the findings of an inspector from the American aviation authority FFA, who visited the Directorate of Aviation on March 13th, on account of Insel Air Aruba’s wish to fly to the United States in the future.

Improvement

“As agreed, FAA may conduct the inspection to see if we comply with all regulations”, Dammers explains. According to the parliamentarian, the Directorate of Aviation is to improve on three points. Within 60 days, the FAA-inspector will return to evaluate the headway. If the American aviation authority is not satisfied, a complete audit will follow. “This will take one week and involves three inspectors”, says Dammers.

In the worst case, if serious defaults are recorded, FAA could degrade Aruba to category 2. This means that airline companies registered on Aruba may not apply for a new flying route to the United States. This can be compared to the current situation on Curaçao, where the category 1 status of the country was recently devalued to category 2.

Regulation

However, according to Dammers, it’s unlikely this will happen on Aruba, especially since we’ve never had problems regarding airworthiness. He explains it regards relatively simple amendments. The regulation to be amended is now with the Directorate of Legislation and has already been tested by aviation jurists in The Netherlands. It regards amendments in the field of licenses, aviation exams and airworthiness, and recertification of several aircraft companies because the latter wrongfully received exemption for personnel drills, such as evacuation and beach training. The companies are still to perform these drills and produce evidence of such to the Directorate of Aviation.

Dammers would not give the names of the companies in question. Furthermore, henceforth the rules will be laid down in a National Order instead of ministerial orders. Amendment of a policy document is also necessary so that the Inspector of the Directorate of Aviation is then authorized in phase 1 instead of phase 2 with the certification of an airline company for the type of aircraft of the company in question.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »

Article from 2008

http://www.curacaolegalportal.com/New-Lt.-Governments-Bonaire-and-Saba.html

New Lt. Governments Bonaire and Saba

Glen Thodé and Jonathan Johnson are the new lt. governments in Bonaire and Saba. The Minister Council for the Kingdom approved the nominations today. Thodé succeeds Herbert Domacassé, whose term of office runs out on October 24 and Johnson replaces Sidney Sorton effective July 2.

Thodé’s appointment is for the term of six years. At this moment, Thodé is senior lecturer at the lawyers’ faculty of the University of Aruba. Johnson, who is still director of the secondary school in Saba, is also appointed for six years.
The 62-year former procurator general of the Antilles, Robert (Rob) Pietersz, will be appointed for six months as the new deputy procurator of the Public Prosecutor of Aruba on June 23. Pietersz’ appointment is provisional due to the lengthy absence of the procurator general of Aruba, Thérèse Croes-Fernandes and the running out of her substitute’s term, attorney general Nico Jörg.
Pietersz has already done this earlier for a period of nine months. He was also nominated for the function of PG before, but declined the honours. He has worked for the Central Bank in the past and was chairman of the Advisory Council of the Neth.Antilles.
The Minister Council for the Kingdom has also appointed Joost Veerman today as member of the Joint Court of Justice of the Neth.Antilles and Aruba. Veerman is still judge in the court of Arnhem. Peter van Schendel is reappointed as deputy member. Both appointments are for three years and take effect on August 1, 2008.

(Source: Amigoe)

June 13, 2008

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »

RE:  The "Tunnel of Love" cave

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/106884-sluiting-grot-bleek-succes

Google translation:

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »

I did make it, Janet, and apologize for delaying the update. I've had a full plate lately, and a foot problem that has been giving me a fit, but enough of that................... Beth Holloway has got to be the most gracious person on earth!

My fiance went with me, and even though he hasn't followed the case nearly as closely as I (and certainly you guys) have, he was sincerely touched and impressed with Beth. There was a "meet and greet" before her presentation that required a purchased ticket, and I had bought those. Unfortunately, that was the height of my foot problem, and I just couldn't stay through it all. Beth was warmly and patiently speaking with those in attendance and I did get a chance to say hello and tell her that we at Scared Monkeys would always hold her and her daughter close to our hearts and in our prayers. She warmly expressed her gratitude and passed along a hug to all through me. 

We left and found seats for her presentation. Beth was both articulate and organized, and very down to earth. She looked beautiful......... much more so than in her pictures. She outlined the story and events that we are so familiar with, but I believe her focus was her mission now for the rest of her life. She is honoring Natalee by doing all she can to prevent another tragedy for another girl in similar circumstances.

Above all, I left with two very strong impressions: She loves (present tense on purpose) her daughter, and that love has made her strong. I didn't expect it, but somehow I don't think Beth had any idea of her strength before Natalee went missing. I say that because I don't think she's really aware of it even now. It shines through her and it's beautiful; strength born in pure love. It's funny, but before I could express it, John said the same thing. It's hard to put into words but it's a perfect blend with her faith and there is no doubt in my mind that the two reside in harmony within her soul. The pain that we all remember, the tortured mother that grabbed our hearts has given way to determination for good. I'm convinced that Beth is not doing this to work out anything unresolved. She's made her peace and peace has been given to her to move forward with resolve.

I suppose that's what I went for. More than anything I wanted to know how Beth was. For me, Beth was always central in this with Natalee. Natalee came alive for me through Beth. There was always something so "real" about Beth and it compelled us all as she went through pure Hell at the hands of Joran, Paulus, K2, Aruba and on and on and on. She is "real" still, and somehow she chose to turn even this, into good........ and it's about honoring her daughter.

Natalee became the world's daughter. Natalee has the highest definition of a Mother in Beth Holloway. God Bless Her!!

The fact that this forum really took it's start around this woman's plight is something we can all be proud of!

Klaas is right (again) CBB, you have such a way with words!  I'm so glad you were able to speak with Beth, and let her know that they will always be in our thoughts and prayers.  So sorry to hear you were having problems with your foot when you went, but I'm sure it was an experience that you will hold dear.  I'm praying that you will be well. 

I truly hope to get the chance to go hear Beth speak too one day.  God bless her!

Thanks for sharing!   

CBB this is wonderful to read - I am so glad she was able to meet you, your warmth and kind heart represented the monkeys in a special way !   

I continue to stand with the girl.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: April 01, 2012, 12:45:35 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/45344-colombiano-deteni-patras-di-light-house-pa-sospecho-di-violacion

Papiamentu translation:

colombiano deteni behind light house for suspicion of violacion

saturday, 31 march 2012 15:16

one man of nacionalidad colombiano owing to stay deteni marduga relaciona cu suspicion of violacion contra one lady. the caso here owing to happen behind lighthouse. all cos is show cu the victima aruban y he colombiano conoce another. do not conoci what owing to conduci cu they owing to arrive so far cu he owing to go abusa of the muher. the muher is insisti cu past owing to wordo abusa sexualmente by of the colombiano. polisnan cu owing to go throw one view behind lighthouse is come achieve the colombiano still eytras in his car. this after cu the muher owing to beat alarma close police. morning the muher owing to present at keep of police for entega complaint. the car owing to stay confisca y he owing to stay close. naturally jzp have to take over because they're the departamento of cuerpo policial cu is haci investigacion on casonan of violacion. one test completo have to wordo haci also cu the lady aruban for so confirma cu was have violacion. the lady is insisti esey. in the dianan we fast will hear more of the caso here. polisnan owing to confisca the tercel grey cu he owing to take away the lady behind lighthouse in duinen. the car was stick in sand blanco in duinen y cu takelwagen have to owing to saca this. cuerpo tecnico of police also was tey for try coy the evidencianan necesario.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: April 01, 2012, 03:09:59 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: April 01, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »

http://diariocorreo.pe/nota/77937/joran-van-der-sloot-podria-volver-a-estados-unidos/

Google translation

Joran Van Der Sloot could return to the US
March 31, 2012 | 4:40 pm
Vanessa Rossi - web@grupoepensa.pe

Lima -
More than two months after being sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores, Dutchman Joran Van Der Sloot, could return to America after the Peruvian justice admitted extradition proceedings for the offense of extortion and fraud in the case of the young Nathaly Holloway.

The U.S. justice formalized extradition of Van Der Sloot as a document of 22 Criminal Court in the resolution of January 30, 2012, indicating to admit the request for extradition from Van Der Sloot on charges of extortion and fraud in the case of the missing American girl.
However, the lawyer for the family of Stephany Flores, Eduard Alvarez denied that meets the extradition on the grounds that "when a person is in the Peruvian state under investigation and there were a request for extradition, it must be postponed until the person, completed its judgment, has been acquitted or has served his sentence. "Thus, Van Der Sloot would have to be extradited within 28 years of serving their sentence.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: April 01, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »

http://larevista.aqpsoluciones.com/2012/04/01/ee-uu-pide-a-joran-van-der-sloot/

Google translation

U.S. asks Joran Van der Sloot
April 1, 2012 8:02 pm

The U.S. justice formalized extradition of Van der Sloot as a document of 22 Criminal Court in the resolution of January 30, 2012, indicating to admit the request for extradition from Van Der Sloot on charges of extortion and fraud in the case of Holloway.

As recalled in May 2005 Holloway disappeared Nathaly student Van der Sloot and his family demanded $ 25,000 to reveal where they find the corpse. But Van der Sloot did not comply and the United States formalized the request for provisional arrest for extradition to the Peruvian state.   ::snipping2::

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #612 on: April 01, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

It's always good to have that extradition warrant in place, IMO, even though I believe JvdS's request for appeal on his sentence will be denied.

I can also understand Stephany's Father wanting Joran to spend his full sentence in Peru before extradition to the USA.

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: April 01, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

http://www.ohio.com/news/local-news/mother-of-alabama-teen-who-disappeared-in-aruba-to-speak-in-canton-1.287889

Mother of Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba to speak in Canton

Akron Beacon Journal staff report

Published: March 31, 2012 - 11:29 PM

CANTON: The Soroptimist International Midwestern Region Conference will feature Beth Holloway at 7 p.m. Friday, April 27, at the Canton McKinley Grand Hotel, 320 Market Ave. S.

Holloway’s presentation Victim to Victor will give her the opportunity to reach Northeast Ohio audiences with her story of endurance in the face of personal crisis. Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen who disappeared during a senior trip to Aruba in May 2005.

Tickets will be available online starting April 1 at www.bestforwomencanton.org or call 330-416-4567.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »

http://www.bestforwomencanton.org/#!about

Soroptimist clubs to bring Beth Holloway, mother of missing teen, to Canton

On Friday, April 27, at 7:00pm, Beth Holloway will present her story at the Soroptimist International Midwestern Region conference at Canton’s McKinley Grand Hotel.  Beth is the mother of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen who disappeared during a senior trip to Aruba in May 2005.  In the seven years since this tragic story made national and international headlines, Beth has addressed audiences worldwide about her experience, sharing her message of hope, faith, and personal safety.  The April 27th event, open to the public with limited seating available, will provide Holloway the opportunity to reach Northeast Ohio audiences with her remarkable story of perseverance and courage.  Her message of endurance in the face of great personal crisis will leave those in attendance feeling empowered to reach further in their own missions. 

Of her experience, Holloway says, “In the past five years I’ve certainly learned a great deal about things I never wanted to learn.  Being a teacher, I found myself asking ‘What can I teach others from our tragic lessons? What can I do for others who have done so much for us?’  And for me this was the transition from Victim to Victor.”

Beth Holloway—a speech pathologist for children with special needs for 22 years before Natalee’s disappearance—has appeared on every television network in the nation including ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, FOX, MSNBC and CNBC, as well as on international TV; and she has appeared in numerous magazine and newspaper articles here and abroad.  She captured the world’s attention as she searched for her missing daughter. 

Barbara Walters selected Beth Holloway as one of the world’s most fascinating people for her perseverance in seeking answers to what happened to Natalee.  Although a court ruling in January 2012 officially declared Natalee dead, Beth Holloway continues her quest for answers in disagreement with the court’s decision. 

Beth continues to work on educating the public on personal safety and travel safety through her book “Loving Natalee,” and through her Travel Ed Workshops.  Holloway works tirelessly to bring hope to the families of those who have been victimized by mysterious abductions or disappearances of loved ones through her Lifetime television series, Vanished with Beth Holloway. 

She is a dedicated teacher committed to sharing Natalee’s story so that others may learn from it.  Tickets to the presentation, Victim to Victor, are available online through the Soroptimist International of Canton/Stark County website – www.bestforwomencanton.org, or by phone at 330.416.4567. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: April 01, 2012, 12:25:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/notes/soroptimist-canton-stark/soroptimist-clubs-to-bring-beth-holloway-mother-of-missing-teen-to-canton/294646520607865

Soroptimist clubs to bring Beth Holloway, mother of missing teen, to Canton
by Soroptimist Canton Stark on Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 1:11pm

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: April 01, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »

http://www.bestforwomencanton.org/#!about

From the YouTube

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: April 01, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »

http://www.ohio.com/news/local-news/mother-of-alabama-teen-who-disappeared-in-aruba-to-speak-in-canton-1.287889

Mother of Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba to speak in Canton

Akron Beacon Journal staff report

Published: March 31, 2012 - 11:29 PM

CANTON: The Soroptimist International Midwestern Region Conference will feature Beth Holloway at 7 p.m. Friday, April 27, at the Canton McKinley Grand Hotel, 320 Market Ave. S.

Holloway’s presentation Victim to Victor will give her the opportunity to reach Northeast Ohio audiences with her story of endurance in the face of personal crisis. Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen who disappeared during a senior trip to Aruba in May 2005.

Tickets will be available online starting April 1 at www.bestforwomencanton.org or call 330-416-4567.

From Victim to Victor - Bristol - March 22, 2012

Natalee Holloway's mother speaks at Bristol Public Library
Published: March 23, 2012

Holloway said she gave up hope her daughter would be found alive after finally seeing surveillance video that didn’t show Natalee returning to the hotel in a car, as van der Sloot had said. After viewing the tapes, Holloway frantically left the hotel in search of a church. She found a row of crosses.

“I came upon a beautiful cross and fell down on my knees and cried out to God to please give her back,” Holloway said, as many in the audience wiped away tears. “I took pebbles from the ground and rubbed them across her picture – praying, crying and begging God to give her back. After being numb for days, there was pain, torturous pain. I went to each cross, knelt down and repeated my prayer."

“As I reached the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers came: complete peace blanketed me. And, in that instant, I knew that Natalee was with God. Somehow I knew that the moment she got into the backseat of that car, her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night. The wind blew – and I felt Natalee – and I promised to never give up searching for her.”

<snipped>

A former teacher, Holloway said her mission now is to educate others about the potential dangers of traveling abroad and urging them to take certain steps to safeguard themselves.

“We don’t teach our children these things because we live in fear, but because it’s not a safe world,” Holloway said. “It might not be safe at home – in an Internet chat room – and it might not be safe on an exotic island trip with friends. What I really want our children and young adults to hear is that their personal safety is up to them.”

On Thursday afternoon, Holloway took that message directly to about 600 Tennessee High School seniors and juniors. She talked, in graphic detail, about what she experienced searching for her daughter and the circumstances that likely befell Natalee the night before she was scheduled to fly home to America.

<snipped>

“To make the transition from victim to victor, I made a choice to turn what I’ve learned through a tragedy into a learning experience for others. My audience is global, but even if I only reach one individual with my message – a student, a parent, a traveler, you – then I’ve become the victor over all the sorrow and the pain,” Holloway said.

To those ends, she has established the International Safe Travels Foundation, a nonprofit organization designed to educate the public about traveling safely overseas. The Natalee Holloway Resource Center, which opened two years ago in the National Museum of Crime and Punishment, was set up to aid families of missing persons. Beth Holloway previously hosted a TV show about missing persons, and her book was made into two TV movies.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/mar/23/natalee-holloways-mother-speaks-bristol-public-lib-ar-1787274/

From Victim to Victor - Waterford - January 14, 2011

Beth Holloway: From Victim To Victor
A Tale Of Caution And Resiliency Presented To Waterford
January 14, 2011

On May 25, 2005, one day after graduating from high school, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was headed out the door for her senior trip. Her mother asked her if she had her sunscreen, passport and so on.

“At first, ‘yes, ma’am,’ then finally, ‘yes, Mom!' " said Beth Holloway, recalling the words of her daughter, who had grown tired of the questioning.

So Beth backed off and watched her daughter get into a car headed to the airport. Natalee was off to Aruba with her classmates on a four-day excursion before getting ready to head to the University of Alabama on a full scholarship.

It would be the last time Beth Holloway would ever see her daughter.           

“After all I went through, I have every right to get in a hole and never get out,” Holloway said. “But I have chosen not to do that. We have choices on how to live our lives.”

On Thursday night in front of hundreds of people in the Waterford High School auditorium, Holloway told her story of pain and suffering, and her frustration at the Aruba police departments. More than five years after Natalee disappeared, the case remains unsolved.

On May 30, the last day of the senior trip, Natalee Holloway went to Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular nightclub. There, Holloway met 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, who reportedly bought her alcoholic drinks, including a shot of Bacardi 151, which has nearly twice the alcohol level of a normal shot.

Then, things become blurry. Holloway went into Van der Sloot’s car and then they engaged in sexual activities. It is not known if the sex was consensual. Everything after that is completely unknown, except one thing: Nobody has seen Natalee Holloway since.

Police Response

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.

"In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

Holloway immediately flew to Aruba to search for her daughter. She contacted Aruban police, although soon realized they would be little help.

The police said to wait, that she would be returned home when the crack addicts who likely abducted her ran through her money, Holloway said. Police told her it was common for crack addicts to kidnap tourists, get them high on crack, steal their money and credit cards and then drop them back off at Carlos’n Charlie’s, Holloway said.

Refusing to just sit and wait, Holloway went on the offensive. She went to dozens upon dozens of crack houses looking for her daughter, only to find nothing.

Holloway soon heard of Van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive. She confronted him, eager for details.

Van der Sloot said he had sex with Natalee Holloway, and then dropped her off at her hotel. Hotel security footage never showed Natalee Holloway return that night, Beth Holloway said.

Van der Sloot was eventually taken into custody by Aruban police, where he gave 22 different versions of what happened that night, Holloway said. Still, no search warrant was ever granted to search his home, and he was never formally charged with any crime.

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said.  "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Holloway would continue the search, and continues to this day. Nobody has ever been charged with any crime related to the disappearance, and Natalee’s body was never found.

Beth Holloway’s Mission

On Thursday, Beth Holloway did not speak to Waterford residents just to rehash the mystery surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She also pushed for people to take care of themselves and have a plan of action when going anywhere, especially out of the country.

“Our children must know their personal safety is up to them,” Holloway said. “(Teenagers are) too old to be guarded by us, but too young not to be reminded that there are dangerous people and dangerous places.”

Holloway pushed her “360 full safety plan,” where teenagers should not just plan where they are going, but how they are getting home. She also started the Natalee Holloway Research Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment to aid families of missing persons and Mayday 360, a service that gives legal, political and police resources to Americans overseas.

The inspiration to keep working, and to keep telling her story is fueled by her daughter, Holloway said. If she can just make one person safer, make just one person more aware of problems that can happen, it is all worth it, Holloway said.

“Natalee had real hope,” she said. “The hope that filled her life, now fills mine.”

<snipped>

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/from-victim-to-victor-a-tale-of-caution-and-resiliency

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: April 02, 2012, 12:19:47 AM »

http://bearingpointcaribbean.com/news/hoofdofficier-blanken-waarnemend-pg-aruba/

From Amigoe

Google translation:

Acting Chief Whites Blanken PG Aruba

THURSDAY, 22 MARCH 2012

ORANGE CITY - Chief Peter Blanken of the Public Prosecutor (OM) is temporarily acting Prosecutor General (PG). This spokesperson Ann Angela this morning in a press release 'for clarity' published. Late last month was the then Attorney-General Rob Pietersz retired. Last week the OM also took leave of Advocate General Taco Stein. He goes to St. Maarten and begins in April as Advocate General. Rather let the TO know that they the government have nominated a candidate for the position of Advocate General. A name has not yet been disclosed. The function of PG is based on nomination appointed by the Joint Court. This application process do not need to be attended to.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: April 02, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/foxyladyaruba?sk=wall

Alex Mathew
ATTORNEYS GOING INTERNATIONAL

Attorney Zara has invited all members of the Aruban Media and all members of the Parliament individually, to this very important Conference on Thursday the 29th of March 2012 at 11 A.M. This Press Conference is scheduled to be held at his office located at Palm Beach 33-B, Noord, Aruba. Due to the seriousness of this matter I do hope that the Prime Minister of Aruba along with all other Ministers do attend this very important conference in the benefit of Aruba.

Share · March 23
Barry January likes this.

Kath Mazzocchi-Drenga Whoaaaa I can only imagine who some of those people are, and they also swept Natalee under the rug too. Wish I could be there.
March 23 at 7:50pm

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/106793-ik-heb-geen-toegang-tot-alle-dossiers-in-strea-zaak

Google translation:

Note:  "Whites"=Blanken, his name gets changed in translation

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/107061-om-geen-drugs-in-huis-mathew

Google translation:

TO: "No drugs in the house Mathew '         

MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2012 6:01 P.M.

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecutor (OM) denies the drugs were found in the home of Alex Mathew, during his arrest in connection with trafficking in Foxy Lady strip club. According to Deputy Prosecutor General (PG) Peter Mathew Whites do the allegations because of the upcoming treatment of those Strea case.

At least one Russian strippers according to Mathew have a half pounds of heroin hidden in his house, denies that they have done, says Whites.

"Mathew, this allegation has already been expressed," allows Whites to Amigoe know. "We certainly have no information about drugs found in his house. One Russian ladies whom he accuses drugs in his house to have laid, during interrogation also denied that this was the case. The other lady has yet to be heard, "said Whites. Mathew Thursday said at a news conference that two strippers from the club Foxy Lady, together with the police, half a kilo of heroin in his house had hidden. After his arrest would Criminal Investigation Team (RST) have taken the drugs again. The magistrate, according to Mathew not have to hear about drugs that were found and Mathew was never accused of drug possession. That is Mathew itself remarkable.

No obstacles g

As a prime suspect in the case Strea Mathew Thursday also voiced accusations Stempher Case officer Lars. Thus Stempher against Mathew said he still Foxy Lady by another could be run, since he permits for strip tent had. Also, the OM defense of Mathew impediments include documents to withhold access to witnesses and to impede. Whites denies all these allegations. "There is absolutely no obstacle. Fact is that some people are difficult to track. We now have two or three letters rogatory run for interrogations. "Whites says that all requests for witnesses by the lawyers of Mathew had been treated.

All witnesses are heard by the magistrate (RC). "In addition, questions were asked of both the OM and the defense," said Whites. He says that the magistrate should note that the questions of both sides are discussed. "If questions are deleted, then that is because of efficiency. The magistrate is also controlled by the trial judge. If it decides that the RC has done his job properly, then the whole interrogation procedure. As far as I know, the trial judge so far do not intervene in this matter. "

Whites reiterates that all complaints of Mathew during the pro-forma sessions had to be brought forward. "This is the place to do it."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.