March 19, 2024, 12:58:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430398 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: April 23, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

Another report on CBS 42 10:00 news.   They interviewed an attorney with the
US Attorney's office who said this matter is being negotiated through the highest
diplomatic channels....including the White House.   They said if Joran is sent to
the US for trial, he would be returned to Peru immediately following trial to serve
out his sentence in Peru.   At the end of his sentence there, he would be sent back
to the US to serve whatever sentence he receives, if he is convicted here.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #781 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »

US Attorney's office who said this matter is being negotiated through the highest
diplomatic channels....including the White House.   They said if Joran is sent to
the US for trial, he would be returned to Peru immediately following trial to serve
out his sentence in Peru.   At the end of his sentence there, he would be sent back
The best scenario possible!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »

Love it!  Wonder if the Kalpoes are sweating right about now  Monkey Devil!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2012, 12:51:38 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Possible-U-S-Extradition-for-Joran-van-der-Sloot/eiWV4pZfLk2tSWUPTgJSPg.cspx

Possible U.S. Extradition for Joran van der Sloot

::snipping2::
Citing Joran van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney Maximo Altez, CNN is reporting that a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention, the first step in the extradition process.

Former U.S. Attorney Doug Jones tells us it's possible. A prisoner can be released to stand trial in another nation while incarcerated, but regardless of the outcome the prisoner would ultimately be sent back to complete the sentence.

"It's one of those cases that's being looked at all over the world really. So I don't think it would be too unusual, but it is out of the norm no question about that," said Doug Jones, former U.S. Attorney. "If there are extradition papers pending then I'm sure the authorities in both countries are going to carefully take a look at them."

According to Jones, the process involves some of the highest diplomatic channels in both countries and does not happen overnight.

"This is a pretty big case. It's a high profile case; you can count on the fact that it's going to get a close scrutiny from both governments," said Jones. "I think the biggest question is whether or not he is going to continue to serve that sentence, whether or not he is going to be released into US custody through diplomatic channels. That can happen. You can be released. Through writs you can have one prisoner released to another sovereign in order to stand trial, but then at the end of the day he would have to go back regardless of the outcome of the trial in the United States they would go back. The other thing is whether or not that 28 year sentence is not really a 28 year sentence and he's looking to be getting out you know at some point very soon and then there's a hold on him in which case he would be extradited to the United States," said Jones.

Our messages to Maximo Altez, Joran van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney, have not been returned.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #784 on: April 24, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »

WOO FREAKING HOO!!!!  

Oh, Beth DESERVES to sit in a courtroom and watch him get convicted on something related to Natalee!!!!  

Where's the Monkey Bus, Klaas?  Let's do a Monkey ROAD TRIP for this!!!!    
crazybabyborg
« Reply #785 on: April 24, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »

Maybe they can borrow a mop or two from Anita since she doesn't need them anymore.     
crazybabyborg
« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »

(CNN) -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States to face criminal charges has begun, according to Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney......................

The only hold-up to the extradition is van der Sloot's appeal, which should be finished in about a month, Altez said.

"I think he will be extradited within the next three months," said Altez. "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there."

In June 2010, a federal grand jury in Alabama indicted him after allegations that he tried to extort $250,000 from Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway. Van der Sloot offered to provide what turned out to be bogus information about the whereabouts of Holloway's remains in exchange for the money, according to the indictment.

He was allegedly given $25,000, which authorities say he used to travel to Peru for a poker tournament.

If found guilty of extortion, he could be sentenced to 25 years in prison.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #787 on: April 24, 2012, 03:53:08 AM »

KEEPTHEFAITH

TICK_TOCK

URINE

WELCOME TO ALABAMA

HOME OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: April 24, 2012, 06:29:04 AM »

Thanks Magnolia!    ::justice2NJ::

Beth is waiting, with grace.   an angelic monkey
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: April 24, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »

Suspect in Natalee Holloway disappearance Joran Van der Sloot Being Evaluated for Extradition to US from Peru for Extortion Charges

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/04/24/suspect-in-natalee-holloway-disappearance-joran-van-der-sloot-being-evaluated-for-rxtradition-to-us-from-peru-for-extortion-charges/

Just when Joran Van der Sloot thought it was safe to go back in the Aruba water … well, he won’t be doing that for some time as he faces a 28 year sentence in a Peruvian prison for the murder of Stephany Flores, Van der Sloot faces new issues.

According to Maximo Altez, Joran van der Sloot’s Peruvian attorney, Van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the death and disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruna in 2005 now faces possible extradition to the United States. Joran Van der Sloot was charged  with extortion in Alabama for allegedly receiving $25,000 from Beth Holloway in order to tell her where to find the remains of Natalee Holloway. Needless to say, after Van der Sloot had received the monies, he lied to Beth Holloway as to the location where her daughter could be found.

Imagine after all this time Joran Van der Sloot having to face justice in the United States? Imagine what those interrogatories and depositions would look like. If this case goes to trial and is televised, it would be the single most watched “reality TV” ever.

Could Joran Van der Sloot finally be getting his? It would seem that the little Sporter's luck has run out. HEY JORAN, YOU'RE NOT IN ARUBA ANYMORE ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »

WOO FREAKING HOO!!!!  

Oh, Beth DESERVES to sit in a courtroom and watch him get convicted on something related to Natalee!!!!  

Where's the Monkey Bus, Klaas?  Let's do a Monkey ROAD TRIP for this!!!!    

Because I don't have time to find the original..here is the one you circled yourself 

Not a bad idea CBB - a new bus or something.  Maybe a train?
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: April 24, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: April 24, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »

Thanks Alagary!  I'm thinking maybe the JUSTICE TRAIN!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »

Have to run to work.  We'll discuss a train/bus later, ok?  ::justice2NJ::
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #794 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »

Am loving this too !!!   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: April 24, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »

Possibly extradited approximately three months from now ...  Hmmm ... that could be around July or August, or so ... Well, Happy Birthday, Joran !  LOL  An early gift for you.    Priceless.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: April 24, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »

Not yet Klaas ... not yet!  The timing isn't right.

The sweating of the Kalpoes will begin in regards to Joran's big mouth when the defamation lawsuit is over and done with.  Considering all the trial delays ... I will most likely be pushing up daisies when that happens.

Janet

+++++

The Lawsuit

Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record' with New Natalee Holloway Story
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

<snipped>

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you have any contact with Deepak and Satish?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: What kind of contact?

VAN DER SLOOT: I have e-mailed back and forth with them a couple of times, called once.

VAN SUSTEREN: When did you call?

VAN DER SLOOT: Something -- three months ago.

VAN SUSTEREN: What was the conversation?

VAN DER SLOOT: It was about they had a lawsuit going, and that's really the only thing we talk about.

VAN SUSTEREN: And is there -- why is the lawsuit of interest to you?

VAN DER SLOOT: They said that if they won the lawsuit, that they'd give me a million dollars.

VAN SUSTEREN: And is that Deepak saying that, or Satish?

VAN DER SLOOT: It's Deepak. I have it on paper too.

VAN SUSTEREN: Deepak wrote it, or in an e-mail?

VAN DER SLOOT: No, I got it - just my computer. Like it's typed up.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know if his lawyer knows?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, for sure.

VAN SUSTEREN: What does it say on the paper? What's the deal?

VAN DER SLOOT: It's that if as long as I don't share anything that I know about the both of them with any money, and if they win the lawsuit, I will get a million dollars.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did that come from the lawyer or from Deepak?

VAN DER SLOOT: Both of them.

VAN SUSTEREN: Both the lawyer and Deepak?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes. It's an official paper.

VAN SUSTEREN: Will you show us a copy of it?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457144,00.html#ixzz1MHix8coc

Food for Thought

klaasend
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #830 2/25/10 -
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2010, 08:30:43 PM »

I haven't seen anyone here at SM that believes 100% of what Joran says whether it be the Range Rover story or the most recent falling off balcony story.  I do believe many feel as though with every lie is a smidgen of truth. 

It's clear to me that Joran is simply throwing stuff out there hoping it sticks and in the process making some $$.  He knows that he's already paid the consequence of unlawful disposal of a corpse.  Could be that the stories not involving K2 are in hopes of K2 getting a large settlement from Dr. Phil and sharing with Joran.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7126.msg1083973#msg1083973

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #797 on: April 24, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »

Oh, I LIKE the looks of that, Klaas!!   

Lot's of power and speed to plow into them all!!!    Maybe it's finally running on the fast track, too!!

All Aboard!!
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: April 24, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »

::boxingjoran::

Please let this happen!!

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: April 24, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

Oh, I LIKE the looks of that, Klaas!!   

Lot's of power and speed to plow into them all!!!    Maybe it's finally running on the fast track, too!!

All Aboard!!

Got my ticket in my hand and my bags packed!! 

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.