March 28, 2024, 07:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430765 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 14, 2012, 06:19:43 PM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:29:18 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:28 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »

an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »

HT San

::boxingjoran::

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:07 PM »

Vanished With Beth Holloway

Vanished With Beth Holloway combines the evocative storytelling of America's Most Wanted and with the indomitable spirit of Erin Brockovich in a gripping real-life series that delves into the heart-rending stories of families who have suffered mysterious abductions and unspeakable crimes. The show's host is herself on a quest to track down the man who killed her beloved daughter.

http://www.citvasia.com/seriesdetails.aspx?proId=1&cId=80

TV Listings

http://www.citvasia.com/tvlisting.aspx

The Beth Holloway Lifetime Vanished episodes from last year are being viewed in Asia beginning this week.

Could it be that the Lifetime Natalee Holloway movies will receive the same worldwide  exposure?  Could it be that the Lifetime Natalee Holloway movies will become the catalyst which will cause many travellers worldwide to BOYCOTT ARUBA?

If those in Holland and Aruba who are behind the ongoing corrupt investigation that has prevented justice from prevailing for almost seven years thought for one minute that Natalee Holloway would become a distant memory … they should have thought again.  The power of a mother’s love and determination was not anticipated.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »

Vanished With Beth Holloway Episodes

Episode 10: "Baum/Hill"

Premiered July 25 at 11/10c: Set in McCleary, WA and Atlanta, GA. Beth helps search for a 10-year-old girl who vanished while walking home from a friend’s house; later she meets a heroic mother whose tenacity helped bring her daughter’s killer to justice.

Episode 9: "Desir/Smart"
Premiered July 18 at 10/9c: Set in Omakalee, FL and San Louis Obispo, CA. Beth meets with one family desperately searching for their special needs child, and another family trying to find a daughter who disappeared more than 15 years ago.

Episode 8: "Kyle Fleischmann/Rivazfar"
Premiered July 11 at 10/9c: Set in Charlotte, NC and Pensacola, FL. Beth examines the story of a recent college graduate who went missing after a night out with his friends; she also visits with a young woman who shares the harrowing story of the kidnapping she and her sister endured as children.

Episode 7: "Imbo-Petrone/Gosch/Berrelez Tips"
Premiered June 27 at 10/9c: Set in Philadelphia, West Des Moines, and Denver. Beth delves into three cold missing person's cases – a couple who vanished from the streets of downtown Philly, a teenage paperboy who became the first milk carton kid, and a little girl who loses her life but leaves behind a legacy of hope.

Episode 6: "Kopetsky/Ross"
Premiered June 20 at 10/9c: Set in Belton, MO and Chicago. Beth talks to the family of a teen who left for school one day, never to return home. The mystery deepens when investigators learn a missing persons report was filed days before her actual disappearance. The series also follows the story of a young man who vanished without a trace while on a school trip to Chicago.

Episode 5: "Figueroa/Duckett"
Premiered June 13 at 10/9c: Set in Philadelphia and Leesburg, FL. Beth looks into a case in which a young pregnant woman vanishes from the streets of Philadelphia and the City of Brotherly Love comes together to bring her captor to justice. The second case involves a toddler's abduction, which galvanizes a community.

Episode 4: "Kesse/Bible and Freeman"
Premiered May 30 at 10/9c: Set in Orlando and Welch, OK. Beth investigates a case in which a 24-year-old warned her father of a suspicious character and the worst is assumed when she goes missing and only her abandoned car is found. The episode also takes a look at a case in which authorities realize a tragic fire was no accident after two people are found murdered and two teenage girls involved go missing.

Episode 3: "Bradley"
Premiered May 23 at 10/9c: Set in Curacao. Beth investigates a case where a young woman vanishes off the deck of a cruise ship. In their search for answers, her parents stumble across what appears to be an international sex slave operation.

Episode 2: "Lunsford/Grinstead"
Premiered May 16 at 10/9c: Set in Homosassa, FL and Ocilla, GA. Viewers meet the family of a 9-year-old girl who went missing from her Florida home and her father embarks on a journey to clear his family name and bring a killer to justice. Additionally, Beth visits the loved ones of a high school teacher and former beauty queen who vanished from her home late one night.

Episode 1: "Holloway/McStay"
Premiered May 9 at 10/9c: Set in Aruba and Fallbrook, CA. Host Beth Holloway shares her journey to find answers about her missing daughter Natalee and begins her quest to help families with loved ones who have vanished without a trace. The episode also introduces a California family of four, the McStays, who all suddenly vanished without a trace.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/vanished-with-beth-holloway/episode-tips

Lifetime Natalee Holloway Movies

“Natalee Holloway”
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/natalee-holloway

"Justice for Natalee Holloway"
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/justice-for-natalee-holloway/about

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:01:44 PM by San » Logged

_____

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 11:17:46 PM »

Hi Muffy and all,

Yes, I am still here, and still check in on a regular basis.  I don't post, but I do read.    ::justice2NJ::

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »

HYPERSPECTRAL IMAGING

A new understanding of the technique aids in locating buried bodies.

Maybe a new fly-over of Aruba might be in order.  Imagine all the unmarked graves that might be discovered there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ::snipping2::
Hyperspectral imaging collects and processes light from across the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible light as well as ultraviolet and infrared light. The research could help police solve missing persons cases or reveal new mass graves from hundreds, if not thousands, of years ago.

"As soon as there is some decay you can see a difference," said Andre Costopoulos, a professor at McGill University developing new techniques to find old graves.

"We suspect that some of these graves are over 40 years old, and are excited to try to find much older grave sites," some of which could be hundreds of years old, said Costopoulos.

The McGill scientists borrowed a plane from the Canadian National Research Council and equipped it with two cameras. One camera recorded light in the visible spectrum and into the infrared range. The other camera recorded light in the infrared and longer light ranges.

For the first five years or so a decaying body inhibits plant growth.
"Initially it's a pretty toxic environment," for plants, said Kalacska, who, along with Pablo Arroyo and Tim Moore, manages the technological side of the research. Plants that grow over such recent graves don't reflect as much light in the visible and near infrared region, which scientists can detect using their cameras.

After five years, however, the plants growing over buried body suddenly reflect light instead of absorbing light.
In fact, on-grave plants reflect more than twice the green light of off-grave plants. For a human eye detecting such tiny changes would be "very hard," said Kalacska, but the difference is obvious to the hyperspectral camera.

The increase in reflected light comes from an increase in chlorophyll, the pigment that plants use to convert light from the sun. After five years a decomposing body becomes fertilizer, supplying the growing plants with much needed nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorus. Bigger plants with bigger, healthier leaves reflect more light.

Dead Bodies Release Chemicals That Stain Soil Above

A decomposing body can fertilize a plant for years. Some graves found by the hyperspectral camera at Parc Safari could be 50 years old. Larger mass graves could provide enough nutrients to encourage noticeable plant growth for hundreds of years, suspects Costopoulos.

Without extensive plant cover, the McGill University team will rely on longer wavelengths to find changes in soil chemistry.
Besides fertilizing plants, a dead body releases chemicals that stain the soil above it, which the hyperspectral camera can detect.

The research could aid local police and international human rights investigators, say the McGill scientists and Ian Hanson, a scientist at the University of Bournemouth in Britain. Equipping planes with hyperspectal imaging equipment would allow local police to fly over huge areas searching for newly missing persons.

"This has a wide range of applications," for local police and international human rights investigators. "If the perpetrators know that what they do will leave long term traces that can be detected, that might have a deterrent effect on them," said Hanson.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tech-sees-dead-people/story?id=10389441#.TzH7AXpdCSp

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 07:02:57 AM »

Hi Muffy and all,

Yes, I am still here, and still check in on a regular basis.  I don't post, but I do read.    ::justice2NJ::

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »

http://newstimes.augusta.com/sports/2012-02-08/sports-calendar

Sports calendar
Posted: February 8, 2012 - 12:10am

Running

• The Running for Justice/Natalee Holloway 5K will be held Feb. 25 at the Augusta Preparatory Day School Cross Country Trail at 10 a.m. The 5K Fun Run/Walk will donate all proceeds to the Natalee Holloway Resource Center. The cost is $20 and those registering online before Sunday will receive a T-shirt. There will also be on-site registration on race day. To register, go to http://www.active.com/ register/index.cfm?CHECKSSO= 0&EVENT_ID=1999094
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 01:08:59 PM »

5K Fun Run/Walk

We all remember the tragedy when Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba on her high school trip in 2005.  Everyone in America shared the pain of Natalee’s family.  Her mother, Ms. Beth Holloway, channeled her grief into helping other families looking for their missing children by establishing the Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC) to assist families and to raise awareness among teenagers about the dangers of international travel.

Augusta Prep is hosting a 5K Fun Run/Walk – “Running for Justice – Natalee Holloway 5K” to raise money to contribute to this great cause.  We will donate 100% of the proceeds to the NHRC.  The 5K is scheduled for Saturday, February 25th, 2012, at 10:00am, on the Augusta Prep cross-country trail.  We are combining our passion for running with our desire to help this great cause and to raise awareness in our community about safe international travel.

To make this event more meaningful than we ever could by ourselves, Natalee’s mother is going to join us!!  She’ll take part in the 5K run/walk, and she’ll speak to our student body and parents the day before.  This is going to make the event very exciting!  Our goal is to have as many runners as possible in the 5K.  To register, go to www.augustaprep.org/5k.  The cost is $20 per runner…again, all proceeds go to the Foundation.

We are asking for your help in sponsoring the 5K.  Sponsors are people who donate to the run, and, therefore, to this worthy cause.  The sponsor levels are listed below.  We hope we can count on you to sponsor by goods, services, or a simple donation.  We appreciate your support more than you can know.

Thank you for your help!
Maggie McLeod, Senior, Augusta Prep
Amanda Murphy, Junior, Augusta Prep

<snipped>

For more details and information email:  maggiemoo1050@aol.com

http://www.augustaprep.org/page.cfm?p=781

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/boca-raton/fl-brf-holloway-0208-20120208,0,1203591.story

Natalee Holloway's mother speaks at AVDA luncheon
Marci Shatzman mshatzman@tribune.com
February 8, 2012

Beth Holloway told a Boca Raton audience she hopes to finally bring justice to her daughter Natalee by having Joran van der Sloot extradited to Alabama to face extortion charges against her.

"He called and offered to sell me Natalee's remains," said Holloway, whose daughter went missing in Aruba in 2005 on a high school graduation trip in a notorious case that still makes headlines.

CNN reported in June that van der Sloot asked Holloway for $250,000. He's serving a 28-year sentence in Peru for the death of another young woman, "who he killed five years to the day" of Natalee's disappearance, Holloway said at the Heart of a Woman Luncheon for Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse at Broken Sound Club on Feb. 2. He was never charged in the Holloway case.

Joran van der Sloot "I want to make her abuser face his charges" and she wants him to do time, she said before an audience of 325 AVDA supporters, a record crowd for the agency, which also promotes violence-free relationships.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »

FLASHBACK - JUNE 8, 2010

Missing Ala. teen's mom opens center for missing

The mother of an Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba in 2005 said Tuesday it's been a stressful time for her but she hopes a new resource center named for her daughter will help guide families of missing persons.

Originally published Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 8:00 AM

WASHINGTON — The mother of an Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba in 2005 said Tuesday it's been a stressful time for her but she hopes a new resource center named for her daughter will help guide families of missing persons.

Beth Holloway opened the Natalee Holloway Resource Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in Washington. Holloway said it will provide services that she initially lacked when her 18-year-old daughter vanished, such as access to government and media contacts and missing persons posters.

"I feel confident that it will serve as a point of light for all missing," she said while standing in front of two photos of her daughter.

Beth Holloway did not speak about the latest developments in the case of the prime suspect in her daughter's disappearance, Dutchman Jaren Van der Sloot. The museum's chief operating officer, Janine Vaccarello, said Holloway could not discuss her daughter's case or recent developments because of an FBI directive.

Natalee Holloway disappeared during a high school trip to the Caribbean island. The center's opening comes just a day after police in Peru say Van der Sloot confessed to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, a Peruvian woman, in his Lima hotel room on May 30 - exactly five years after Holloway disappeared.

Van der Sloot was arrested twice in Holloway's case - and gave a number of conflicting confessions, some in TV interviews - but was freed for lack of evidence.

<snipped>

Van der Sloot also faces charges in the United States with trying to extort $250,000 from Holloway's family in exchange for disclosing the location of her body and describing how she died.

Beth Holloway thanked people for their continued support and said there are hundreds of other missing persons whose names never make it to the news.

"It's been a stressful time for me and I know it's been a very trying time for you," she told reporters. "Let's remind ourselves to keep the Flores family in our hearts and in our prayers, thank you, God bless."

Vaccarello said the nonprofit resource center also houses a call center for families and provides educational materials on safe traveling for students. She said they will refer cases of those under age 18 to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

She said the Holloway center's opening had been planned weeks ago and the timing with Van der Sloot's confession has been a stressful coincidence.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012058804_apusnataleehollowaycenter.html

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

s.t.

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »

Anybody remember what day the memorial service was held on the beach in Aruba in June 2005?

Thanks!

Challapalca him!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 07:06:43 PM »

Anybody remember what day the memorial service was held on the beach in Aruba in June 2005?

Thanks!

IIRCC...There was a "prayer vigil", Sunday June 5th...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »

Natalee Holloway; Prayer Vigil In Aruba

<snipped>

Last night there was a prayer vigil in Aruba at what I am assuming was the California Lighthouse.

<snipped>

Posted June 6, 2005 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/06/06/natalee-holloway-fbi-dive-teams-sent-to-aruba/

The Natalee Holloway Prayer Chain

Yesterday on the 30th day that Natalee Holloway has been missing, over 2000 men, women and children formed a prayer chain from the Wyndam Resort to The Holiday Inn. In a sign of community and human spirit Arubans and tourists came together in a touching prayer vigil.

<snipped>

Posted July 1, 2005 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/01/natalee-holloway-prayer-chain/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »

The Makeshift Memorial on the Beach

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Nov. 4th
updated 11/6/2005 8:26:41 PM ET 2005-11-07T01:26:41

<snipped>

COSBY:  Tonight, there‘s hope that a makeshift memorial to Natalee Holloway could hold clues as to what happened to her.  The simple cross with her initials is now on a beach in Aruba not far from where she was apparently last seen.

But it‘s not so much the memorial that could hold the clues but where it is. 

Joining me now is Rick Segall with “America‘s Most Wanted.”  Rick, how did you stumble upon this memorial? 

RICK SEGALL, “AMERICA‘S MOST WANTED”:  We were down in Aruba all last week with Dave Holloway.  And we spoke to the police chief.  Dave spoke to Deputy Chief Dompig, as well. 

The chief told Dave Holloway that new information had come in that, around the time of Natalee‘s disappearance, perhaps the night after she disappeared, a boat went out from a particular boat launch there on the beach and supposedly took a body out into the sea and dumped the body. 

So Dave went to take a look at that spot.  And when he was there on the beach, he literally stumbled across this cross that was sitting there, had Natalee‘s initials carved into it, rosary beads.  And on first glance, it looks like a perfectly sweet memorial. 

The problem is there is no reason on Earth for that memorial to be in that spot.  And here‘s why:  About 300 yards down the beach, there are a set of fishing huts that have become infamous. 

COSBY:  Yep, I was down there.  I remember.  And that‘s where the knife was missing.  There‘s also that cage nearby that‘s missing? 

SEGALL:  Exactly.  Exactly.  They‘re infamous.  Everybody knows about it on the island. 

So it would make sense that a memorial might be there.  But this new information—this is fresh information that had just come into the police.  And here Dave goes to take a look at this spot, and there is this cross that has initials carved into it, rosary beads, and there‘s no reason for it to be there unless it‘s from somebody who knows something or has a guilty conscience. 

COSBY:  When was it constructed, Rick?  Do we have any idea how long it‘s been there? 

SEGALL:  According to locals that we spoke to, they say it‘s been there anywhere from three to five weeks.  So this is something that‘s popped up recently. 

And Dave‘s theory, and our theory, too, is somebody knows something.  And that‘s one of the reasons we‘re airing the show tomorrow night, is we need that person or those people to come forward.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9951194/ns/msnbc_tv-rita_cosby_specials/t/rita-cosby-live-direct-nov-th/

http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=827

_____

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.