April 18, 2024, 10:59:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 432098 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/104124-faciliteiten-voor-vijf-stranden-worden-verbeterd

Google translation

"features five beaches for improvement '
Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:42

ORANGE CITY - The Government invests six million florins in the improvement of five beaches on the island. In addition to Baby Beach and Arashi Mangel Halto the beaches near the small port of Zeewijk and on the east side of Nikky Beach addressed. In Nikky Beach is also a platform where boats by water.

::snipping2:: The six million florins comes from Fondo Desaroyo Aruba (FDA). On top of an additional investment of one million florins of the Tourism Product Enhancement Fund (TPEF) for bodyguards, signs, trash cans and lighting at Baby Beach.

Blue Flag

Initially the intention was to Halto Mangel, Baby Beach and Arashi to refurbish such that they could qualify for the so-called Blue Flag label. Blue Flag beaches are equipped public toilets, disabled access, rescue equipment and if possible also lifeguards. Yesterday, Minister Oduber to know that as yet only be tried in Mangel Halto to qualify for a Blue Flag certificate. "Both Baby Beach and Arashi have defects that are currently very expensive to remedy. There is a harvest in which Arashi contaminated rainwater to the sea. Eventually, after we first Mangel Halto Baby Beach and Arashi finally try to certify, "said Oduber.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

Truth in advertising?

I find the years they quote numbers for interesting: post-Natalee and pre-Stephany - I guess the effects of  Aruba's own internationally known serial murderer, Joran, are difficult to explain.

http://www.aruba.com/ExploreAruba/islandfacts.aspx

Why Visitors Return     
Aruba attracts more than 800,000 international visitors annually and enjoys the highest return rate in the Caribbean. Perfect weather, hospitable people and world-renowned beaches are the most compelling factors for return visits. Also important are the island's mix of luxury high-rise and casual low-rise resorts, its unique natural beauty and culture, abundant land and sea activities, safety and security, and long-time friendships.

There has been a steady increase in the number of Distinguished Visitors as well as Goodwill Ambassadors of Aruba over the last four years, with combined totals of 804 in 2006; 873 in 2007; 1103 in 2008; and 1197 in 2009.

Broken down by country, about 90% of these return visitors hail from the United States, principally from Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. The balance are primarily from Canada, Germany, Holland, Argentina and Colombia.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

Deal on between Chicago and Aruba
February 29, 2012|By Phil Marty | Special to Tribune Newspapers

Despite our mild winter, a Caribbean getaway still has appeal, so how about Aruba?

Travelzoo is offering a package from CheapCaribbean.com of round-trip air fare from Chicago and five nights at the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba starting at $999 per person, double occupancy.  It's even cheaper — $699 per person — if you fly from Miami,
 ::snipping2::

March 9 is the booking deadline for the deal, but don't wait until then because these deals usually sell out quickly. Travel must be between April 19 and June 5 (including Memorial Day weekend), according to Travelzoo, but CheapCaribbean.com is showing availability through the end of June.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-02-29/travel/ct-taking-off-chi-deal-on-between-chicago-and-aruba-20120229_1_travelzoo-memorial-day-weekend-mild-winter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This stinks of a Posner connection

What's with all the other Chicago - Aruba connections?

Aru-Bay videos aka Chicago videos
Chicago law firm representing Kalpoes in Dr Phil lawsuit
Chicago law firm represented AHATA

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #323 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: March 08, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »

Photo at link

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/104272-bus-vol-gewonde-toeristen

Google translation

Bus full of wounded tourists
Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:51

ORANGE CITY - A tour bus with about 40 tourists stopped yesterday at the Horacio Oduber Hospital (HOH). 27 of them had in fact burn under the feet. That was the reason that they all sat with their feet up on the bus (see photo).  The victims were hopping the bus to leave. Wheelchairs or carrying the first aid they could reach the hospital. It is unclear what the tourists have done so they have sustained these injuries. Reportedly, she walked over hot coals. The bus company that was hired by the private group, could not indicate what the tourists had done, they claimed the only bus available. The spokesman of the hospital this morning could not give information about the cause of the burns.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »

Amanda and Maggie ... many thanks for all your dedication.  The huge success of the NHRC first fundraising implies it was not in vain.  Your mothers must be proud!

Natalee Holloway 5K Race Raises Travel Awareness in Prep Students
Posted 02/29/2012 03:59PM

On February 25, 2012, Augusta Prep sponsored a 5K race to raise money and awareness for the Natalee Holloway Resource Center.  On Friday afternoon, Natalee’s mother, Beth Holloway, came to Augusta Prep and spoke to the Upper School students and faculty.   Her powerful testimony moved the audience and emphasized the need for safety while traveling abroad. At 10 am on Saturday morning, approximately 230 runners participated in the 5K race. The race raised over $8,000 for the Resource Center.

Plans for this event began in August with student, faculty, and community sponsors working together.  Approximately 30 student volunteers assisted in the planning and the carrying out of the event.  Instrumental in bringing this event to fruition were senior Maggie McLeod and junior Amanda Murphy.  Both of these students are runners for the Augusta Prep Cross Country Team.  Their love of running led them to decide that a 5K race would be a good way to bring awareness to this worthy cause

http://www.augustaprep.org/cf_news/view.cfm?newsid=442

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2012, 05:05:07 PM »

Beth Holloway
Thursday, March 22, 7 pm
Bristol Public Library | J. Henry Kegley Meeting Room

Tickets include: Private Meet & Greet at 6pm with Reserved seating to Presentation at 7pm and Hardcover copy of Loving Natalee $50.

General admission free, if available.

Beth Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway, who vanished on the last night of her senior class trip on May 30, 2005. To this day Beth continues to search for the truth of what happened. She grew up in Arkansas, then lived and worked in Tennessee, Mississippi, and finally Alabama where she now lives with her son, Matt. Holloway talks about hope, courage in sheer adversity, and travel safety.

Contact Information:

Bristol Public Library
701 Goode Street
Bristol, VA 24201
Phone: (276) 645-8780
Fax: (276) 669-5593

http://www.bristol-library.org/discovery-series/ds-future-speakers

Psalm 28:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Pages 100: He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.

Page 103: I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.

_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »

Sander must be some soccer player to be playing in flip flops 

Monkey Devil!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2012, 05:24:55 PM »

Janet!     You were missed...welcome back! 

I was just about ready to post the following reminder of the presentation by Beth.

http://www2.tricities.com/entertainment/2012/mar/08/calendars-ar-1746907/

Calendars
Check out calenars for many events in the area.

By: Mary Dutton | Bristol Herald Courier
Published: March 08, 2012 Updated: March 08, 2012 - 12:00 AM

2012 DISCOVERY SERIES: Bristol Public Library, J. Henry Kegley Meeting Room, March 22, 7 p.m. Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway will speak, answer questions and sign her book, Loving Natalee. $50 will support library programs and provide access to the private meet and greet at 6 p.m. reserved seating and a hardcover copy of Beth Holloways’ book. (276) 8821-6148 or marketing@bristol-library.org.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »

Youtube replaced the music I was using in that video 

It is a powerful piece!   They did OK with the music they substituted.

Beautifully done.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »

Yep - over 5k is a promo now 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2012, 05:48:56 PM »

Janet!     You were missed...welcome back! 

I was just about ready to post the following reminder of the presentation by Beth.

http://www2.tricities.com/entertainment/2012/mar/08/calendars-ar-1746907/

Calendars
Check out calenars for many events in the area.

By: Mary Dutton | Bristol Herald Courier
Published: March 08, 2012 Updated: March 08, 2012 - 12:00 AM

2012 DISCOVERY SERIES: Bristol Public Library, J. Henry Kegley Meeting Room, March 22, 7 p.m. Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway will speak, answer questions and sign her book, Loving Natalee. $50 will support library programs and provide access to the private meet and greet at 6 p.m. reserved seating and a hardcover copy of Beth Holloways’ book. (276) 8821-6148 or marketing@bristol-library.org.

Hi Grace

Hubby and I went to Vancouver Island for a couple of days to visit with Eldest son and family as well as hubby's sister and BIL.  Five year old grandson returned with us for a mini vacation with Mama and Papa.  Teachers in BC are on strike so his kindergarten classes are not happening.

Grace ... I am somewhat preoccupied right now outside of the computer room.  Large family gathering on my side of the family taking place at daughter's home.  My aunt is turning 100.  What an amazing lady.  Anyways ... three out of town guests will be staying with us.

Nevertheless ... I am checking the SM NH forum  every day anticipating updates on the Joran van der Sloot saga as well as the upcoming defamation trial.

Grace ... I am somewhat preoccupied right now outside of the computer room.  Large family gathering on my side of the family taking place at daughter's home.  Out of town guests will be staying with us.  I really appreciated posted updates on Beth's Bristol speaking engagements.  There are still tickets available.  I wonder if CBB has purchased her ticket yet?

Busy Busy Busy

Janet 

_____

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »

Photo at link

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/104272-bus-vol-gewonde-toeristen

Google translation

Bus full of wounded tourists
Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:51

ORANGE CITY - A tour bus with about 40 tourists stopped yesterday at the Horacio Oduber Hospital (HOH). 27 of them had in fact burn under the feet. That was the reason that they all sat with their feet up on the bus (see photo).  The victims were hopping the bus to leave. Wheelchairs or carrying the first aid they could reach the hospital. It is unclear what the tourists have done so they have sustained these injuries. Reportedly, she walked over hot coals. The bus company that was hired by the private group, could not indicate what the tourists had done, they claimed the only bus available. The spokesman of the hospital this morning could not give information about the cause of the burns.

People still haven't learned nothing good comes from a trip to Aruba.  I must be horribly warped, I'm sure the pain was excrutiating, but this story made me laugh.  Surely it's just the translation and they didn't really walk on a bed of coals, but I envisioned them being told it wouldn't hurt to walk on them.  27 people had burned feet, that's just crazy.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »

Texasmom, would you be able to translate this article?  TIA
The tourists were from an all-inclusive hotel?  Did they have to pay $300 for medical service?  How did they get the burns on their feet?

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/44192-mas-cu-20-turista-a-yega-herida-cu-kemadura-na-hospital

Mas cu 20 turista a yega herida cu kemadura na Hospital     
Wednesday, 07 March 2012 22:12 

Riba 20 turista a yega diaranzon anochi na Dr Horacio Oduber Hospital cu kemadurnan leve. E bus tabata tin como 40 turista y parce cu 27 lo tabata herida. Tur cos ta mustra cu e turistanan aki mester a bai haci un aventura cu a laganan herida.

Cu un compania conoci di bus priva cu ta haci turismo y cu nan mes a huur a hiba nan na un lugar. No ta mucho conoci unda exactamente nan a bai. Contal cu nan a yega diaranzon anochi sinta cu pia na halto den e bus y cu heridanan leve. A cuminsa mesora pa duna nan un man. Esnan di servicio di emergencia a core duna un man y pasa mira cual di e turistanan tabata tin kemadura mas serio. Tin cu a ser carga hiba paden, otronan a bula riba un solo pia bai paden y tambe mester a haci uso di rolstul pa logra hiba algun di nan te den eerste hulp. Esnan di e compania di bus no tabata sa mes kiko tabata intencion di e turistanan. Nan a haci e transporte y despues a resulta cu nan lo a bai haci aventuranan canando riba carbon cu tur consecuencia. E turistanan ta kedando na un hotel highrise all inclusive na Palm Beach. Cada turista parce mester bai paga alrededor di 300 dollar pa cabez pa e asistencia cu nan mester haya na servicio di emergencia di Aruba.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »

Trouble in paradise
Posted on Mar 07, 2012 by Nicole Fano
Prof: spring break stigma ‘very, very rare’

MTV’s “Spring Break” special has portrayed the college recess in a tropical atmosphere that is filled with alcohol, drugs and sexual temptations. Fast forward to 2005 when high school senior Natalee Holloway mysteriously disappeared during a spring break trip to Aruba — and the stigma of the college trend became known for more than just drunken fun in the sun.

Though safety risks always exist while traveling, the social narrative of a malicious stranger who preys on an innocent woman is not the statistical reality.

“In terms of things like abductions, those are very unlikely,” said Alan Bruce, the director of the criminal justice program and an associate sociology professor who specializes in crime and media. “I don’t want to give the impression that because something is very, very rare we shouldn’t be concerned about it. At the same time, we need to say, ‘Well yeah, this could happen, but what is the real likelihood?’”

An estimated 1,125,000 U.S. college students travel during spring break each year, according to Classes and Careers, a college advisory website.

Many students travel to unsupervised tropical destinations where they engage in risky behaviors such as binge drinking, drug use and sex with strangers.

“[The reputation] has changed somewhat from being about ‘party time’ to there being heightened emphasis on the possibility of more criminal activity, in particular of abductions, and warning against those dangers,” Bruce said.

Since Holloway’s highly publicized disappearance, many media organizations have reported on the perils of spring break activities. This has led many to adopt the social ideology that college women are in more danger than college men while vacationing on spring break.

::snipping2::

“Girls are more vulnerable, they are lightweights,” D’Ascanio said. “Guys are more in control of what they do and girls can be more influenced by other people.”

According to a University of Michigan study in 2011, men were more likely than women to engage in dangerous behavior while on spring break. The study found that 29 percent of men said they would get drunk, while 18 percent of women said they would reach the point of intoxication. In addition, four times as many men as women said they had plans to have sex with a stranger.

Senior Elizabeth Palmer has plans to visit South Padre Island, Texas, during spring break. She says while certain dangers do exist for men, women have a higher chance of being taken advantage of.

“Not only are we more likely to get something slipped in our drinks, but if something happened to me I don’t think I would be able to fight back as well as a guy because I’m smaller,” Palmer said. “I know my parents are much more worried about me and my friends traveling alone than my younger brother and his friends for these reasons.”

While spring break dangers may be different for men and women, Bruce says safety consciousness should be a priority for all students — despite their gender.

“Everybody needs to be more careful. I think it’s unfair to place that burden on women alone. It says to women you’ve got to behave in a certain way, whereas guys, you’re off the hook, you can do whatever you want,” Bruce said. “I think it’s unfair to frame [safety] that way.”

While the potential for crime always exists, being aware of probable occurrence is important, according to Bruce.

In 2006, the American Medical Association conducted a survey which found that women who went away on spring break did engage in some dangerous behaviors.

The study said 53 percent of women who went on spring break regretted vomiting from too much alcohol, 21 percent regretted blacking out from drinking and 20 percent regretted engaging in sexual activity.

Sophomore Molly Noonan plans to travel to Barcelona, Spain, over spring break. She says while safety risks depend on the travel location, women face more danger than men on average.

“I think for girls, it’s definitely harder to keep yourself safe because I feel like guys are always after girls, especially on spring break when they’re drinking and having fun,” Noonan said. “I feel like boys are less likely to be targeted.”

While women are victims of violence every year, anonymous attacks are not the norm.

The majority of all female victims knew their attacker in all cases of stalking and sexual violence, according to the 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey.

While social deviants like Holloway’s suspected killer Joran Van Der Sloot do exist, Bruce says media outlets exaggerate their popularity.

“I think without a doubt, the media overemphasizes the idea of people being evil,” Bruce said. “They do overemphasize the likelihood that someone will be victimized by a person like that because while they do exist, they are very, very rare.”

http://www.quchronicle.com/2012/03/trouble-in-paradise/

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »

Texasmom, would you be able to translate this article?  TIA
The tourists were from an all-inclusive hotel?  Did they have to pay $300 for medical service?  How did they get the burns on their feet?

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/44192-mas-cu-20-turista-a-yega-herida-cu-kemadura-na-hospital

Mas cu 20 turista a yega herida cu kemadura na Hospital     
Wednesday, 07 March 2012 22:12 

Riba 20 turista a yega diaranzon anochi na Dr Horacio Oduber Hospital cu kemadurnan leve. E bus tabata tin como 40 turista y parce cu 27 lo tabata herida. Tur cos ta mustra cu e turistanan aki mester a bai haci un aventura cu a laganan herida.

Cu un compania conoci di bus priva cu ta haci turismo y cu nan mes a huur a hiba nan na un lugar. No ta mucho conoci unda exactamente nan a bai. Contal cu nan a yega diaranzon anochi sinta cu pia na halto den e bus y cu heridanan leve. A cuminsa mesora pa duna nan un man. Esnan di servicio di emergencia a core duna un man y pasa mira cual di e turistanan tabata tin kemadura mas serio. Tin cu a ser carga hiba paden, otronan a bula riba un solo pia bai paden y tambe mester a haci uso di rolstul pa logra hiba algun di nan te den eerste hulp. Esnan di e compania di bus no tabata sa mes kiko tabata intencion di e turistanan. Nan a haci e transporte y despues a resulta cu nan lo a bai haci aventuranan canando riba carbon cu tur consecuencia. E turistanan ta kedando na un hotel highrise all inclusive na Palm Beach. Cada turista parce mester bai paga alrededor di 300 dollar pa cabez pa e asistencia cu nan mester haya na servicio di emergencia di Aruba.

Here's the Papiamentu translation, but it doesn't really make anything clearer imo.  I'd read it at lunch today but couldn't decide what happened except that their feet were burned.  I think that they very well could have had to pay that much each for treatment.  IIRC some new guidelines that came out a while ago allow the hospital to charge tourists pretty much as they please for treatment.

more cu 20 tourist owing to arrive injury cu kemadura at hospital

wednesday, 07 march 2012 22:12

on 20 tourist owing to arrive diaranzon night at dr horacio oduber hospital cu kemadurnan leve. the bus was have because; 40 tourist y seems cu 27 will was injury. all cos is show cu the turistanan here have to owing to go haci one adventure cu owing to laganan injury. cu one compania conoci of bus priva cu is haci turism y cu they self owing to huur owing to take away they at one lugar. do not mucho conoci where exactly they owing to go. contal cu they owing to arrive diaranzon night sit cu leg at high in the bus y cu heridanan leve. owing to cuminsa at once for give they one hand. esnan of servicio of emergencia owing to core give one hand y happen see cual of the turistanan was have kemadura more earnest. have cu owing to being carga take away inside, others owing to fly on one sun leg go inside y also have to owing to haci usage of rolstul for succeed take away some of they till in eerste hulp. esnan of the compania of bus not was know self what was intencion of the turistanan. they owing to haci the transporte y after owing to resulta cu they will owing to go haci aventuranan canando on carbon cu all consecuencia. the turistanan is kedando at one hotel highrise all inclusive at palm beach. cada tourist seems have to go pay alrededor of 300 dollar for cabez for her asistencia cu they have to achieve at servicio of emergencia of aruba.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2012, 01:11:57 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:50 PM »

Looks like they were performing some kind of ritual, maybe actually walking on hot coals, as some refer to as firewalking?

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/44242-posibel-demanda-contra-pais-aruba-dor-di-victimanan-di-ritual-patras-di-lighthouse

Papiamentu translation:

possible demanda contra country aruba by of victimanan of ritual behind lighthouse

thursday, 08 march 2012 22:30

ritual is thing was take lugar behind lighthouse. already end owing to menciona of one cantidad of person cu owing to stay injury because they owing to burn they leg during ritual. none wanted owing to tell what owing to sosode exactly y where they owing to comete the acto for stay injury bao of they plant of leg.

seems cu the ritual here they owing to yame salto of candela. some hundred metre some east of lighthouse the bus owing to descend the are of 40 tourist. eynan none person know what they owing to go haci. the bus owing to descend they y owing to stay of busca they bek. esey owing to sosode also but not can owing to go descend they at hotel but more bien at ehbo. here is deal of one are of turistanan entrenan colombiano kedando at hotel river. all cos is show cu they owing to pay one suma overall of 15 thousand dollar overall at the supuesto bruho. in the ground was have carbon y rond several candle. hour cu the situation owing to become earnest y cu 27 of the turistanan owing to stay burn bao of they leg the bruho owing to huy let everybody behind. they have to owing to keep the bus busca they bek y djey follow for ehbo. diahuebs in day some of esnan cu is representa the are owing to go back at the lugar. eynan owing to saca photograph y coy several evidencia of carbon saca for of in sand. also owing to happen hand for some candle cu owing to stay behind. in oranan of nightfall seems cu the bruho owing to go back at the lugar or owing to send a. past owing to haci full one clean up of his lugar of haci ritual. owing to stay still tog carbon witch in the sand. the victimanan owing to achieve one cara abao for form part of algo diabolico. now is odd tog cu they wanted demanda country aruba for one locura cu they owing to go comete.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »

Thank you, texasmom, for the translation of the articles!  Firewalking?  A ritual?  If I understand it correctly, the tourists paid $15,000 for that experience?      Well, at least it helped the economy. 

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/arts/circus-arts/firewalking1.htm

There are a couple of things to notice about any firewalking event:

•Firewalkers are not actually firewalkers. They are really coalwalkers. The fire is lit well ahead of time to allow the wood to burn down to non-flaming coals.
•The event is always held at night. If it were done during daylight, the bed of coals would look instead like a bed of ashes. There is always a layer of ash covering the coals. By doing it at night, the glowing red light is still visible through this layer of ash. Photo courtesy The Florida Pagan Gathering The hot coals are covered with a layer of ash.
•The firewalker never dawdles. Now, no self-respecting firewalker would run across the coals -- that would be undignified. But firewalkers certainly are walking briskly. You never see firewalkers standing on the coals.
So what is going on here? Firewalking depends on a combination of poor conduction, insulation and a short time span.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2012, 03:15:35 AM »

Firewalking depends on a combination of poor conduction, insulation and a short time span.
Exactly! It is a ruse! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.