April 20, 2024, 12:06:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 432233 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: April 04, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »

Has anybody heard from our lovely TM?   
I didn't hear of it being in her area, but still I worry.   

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #641 on: April 04, 2012, 02:36:44 AM »

I'm o.k.!   

Yes, it was in our area too all afternoon and evening.  Haven't heard thunder in about an hour now, thank goodness.  Scary night!  The storms were really bad, heard hail a few times but no tornado...so thankful!  There were a few that were just too close for comfort. 

So relieved to see that Wreck checked in, I was worried about him...my family in Mississippi even called to check on me when they saw the footage from his area! 

Hearing thunder again, I'll be glad when this is over!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:49 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: April 04, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »

I'm o.k.!   

Yes, it was in our area too all afternoon and evening.  Haven't heard thunder in about an hour now, thank goodness.  Scary night!  The storms were really bad, heard hail a few times but no tornado...so thankful!  There were a few that were just too close for comfort. 

So relieved to see that Wreck checked in, I was worried about him...my family in Mississippi even called to check on me when they saw the footage from his area! 

Hearing thunder again, I'll be glad when this is over!   

I'm glad to hear you're okay TM.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: April 04, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

Welcome back, texasmom!     I hope that today is calm and sunny by you!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: April 04, 2012, 04:12:02 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee and Graceland!   

It's absolutely beautiful here today so far....it's heating up though; hoping that won't mean more storms later!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: April 04, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/107195-persons-rescued-after-small-aircraft-crashes-at-sea-

Persons rescued after small aircraft crashes at sea         

TUESDAY, 3 APRIL 2012 10:56

ORANJESTAD — Around nine-thirty this morning a small aircraft with two Brazilians on board crashed at sea just 20 miles northeast of Aruba. Both were rescued and are uninjured, according to initial reports.Red alert was sounded around nine-fifteen at Reina Beatrix Airport because the pilot of a small passenger aircraft en route from Fort Lauderdale to Curaçao, said he running out of fuel. Because Aruba was nearby, the pilot decided to fly to our island. However, he was unable to reach land and the aircraft crashed off the coast.

Red alert

::snipping2::

The Rescue and Coordination Center (RCC) of the Coastguard Caribbean area immediately swung into action and sent several units, including the ship H.M. Amsterdam from the Royal Navy, to the location. The police, harbor authority, Valero and rescue brigade Sarfa had also sent units to offer assistance. Incidentally, the frigate hadn’t been far from where the aircraft had crashed. Commander Jan van Zanten said the Lynx-helicopter from the frigate arrived at the scene within 20 minutes. The two victims, a pilot and co-pilot, were able to climb out of the aircraft and into a life raft by themselves. The helicopter had hoisted the men from the water and took them aboard where they were examined by the medical staff. According to Defense spokesperson Vanessa Strijbosch, the victims are fine considering the circumstances.

Intact

During a hastily convened press conference on the accident, Premier Mike Eman (AVP) said this morning that the aircraft had remained relatively intact. The intention was to hoist the aircraft on board the navy frigate, if possible, said Eman. However, after the press conference, Defense reported that the aircraft had sunk in the meantime. It was a private aircraft of the brand Beechcraft: a twin-engine propeller aircraft with a range of almost 2500 kilometers.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: April 04, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »

This is regarding the car accident where two Dutch soldiers died.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=25

Google translation:

TO: Military drove "extremely unsafe"

TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2012 10:05

ORANGE CITY - The 24-year-old soldier is suspected of "extremely unsafe" and under the influence of alcohol have driven. He took probably true that is prohibited, with possible high speed. Moreover, he drove without insurance and improper plates.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: April 04, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »

http://www.arubaherald.com/local/2249-passengers-surprised-by-irresponsible-airport-immigration-walk-out-superiors-take-over.html

Passengers surprised by irresponsible airport immigration walk out, superiors take over         

Wednesday, 04 April 2012 14:46

Immigration officers at Aruba's Beatrix International Airport decided to organize a "walk out" at the airport Wednesday afternoon leaving long rows of tourists waiting for service at the US Departures building.

Immigration officers left passengers leaving on, among others, Copa Airlines, Jet Blue and United Airlines, standing on line, while they sought to get the attention of authorities.

During the busy midday to afternoon hours passengers are either arriving from or departing to Panama, Caracas, Sint Maarten, Maracaibo, Curacao, Newark, Atlanta and Boston. In addition, the airport was also somewhat busier than usual because of increased passenger traffic for Easter Weekend.

Fortunately, service was resumed by the immigration officers' superiors who stepped in as soon as they noticed something was wrong. Although service was slower than usual because of the lack of a full team, they were handling passengers as fast as possible to not delay the normal process and the flights too much.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: April 05, 2012, 03:09:32 AM »

an angelic monkey

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: April 05, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »

Mother of Alabama teen who disappeared in Aruba to speak in Canton

CANTON: The Soroptimist International Midwestern Region Conference will feature Beth Holloway at 7 p.m. Friday, April 27, at the Canton McKinley Grand Hotel, 320 Market Ave. S.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local-news/mother-of-alabama-teen-who-disappeared-in-aruba-to-speak-in-canton-1.287889
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: April 06, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Blessed Assurance

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Pages 100-103
: I rise and make my way up the hillside to the next cross and the next one and the next, repeating my prayers.

I am looking to the sky, which is growing bluer as dawn breaks, and talking to God.  And as I reach the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers comes.  Complete peace blankets me, and I am still.  It's a familiar feeling, yet unknown to me like this before now.  It comes in total stillness.  Silence. And in this instant I know that Natalee is with God.

I understand that from the moment she got into Deepak Kalpoe's car her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night.  I don't know if she is alive or not, but I know that He is with her.

He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.  God never questioned me when she was in my care.  I must not question Him.  I realize that He is as proud of her as I am.

Thoughts of Natalee's personal relationship with God comes to me.  He knows her very well.  And she knows Him.

Natalee was very active in the Community Ministry for Girls in Mountain Brook all four years throughout high school.  The founder and director, Donna Greene, shared a special moment with me just before graduation.  Following the very last Bible group meeting about two weeks or so ago Natalee told her friends to go on without her.  She was excited and glowing as she told Donna that she knew for certain that she had communicated with God.  She knew He had heard her.

Donna's first words of support when Natalee went missing were, "She knows how to call on God".  In these thoughts I received the blessed assurance from the Creator that rescues me.  And I am at peace.

The weight is gone.  I move to the next cross, making my way on up the hill stopping and praying at all fourteen crosses.  The Stations of the Cross.  The depiction of the walk Jesus made to His crucifixion.

The sun is up as I reach the top of the hill to see the Alto Vista chapel.  When I step onto the chapel grounds I am free, Liberated from the pain for a precious few moments.  The wind is blowing hard, and I feel Natalee.  I talk to her.  Promise to find her.  Get justice for her.  And pledge never to give up.  Never.

I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

Above All

Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all

Artist: Michael W. Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=SzOgA2RV6Hs&NR=1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2012, 02:23:27 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: April 07, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »

tierra del sol where Paulus allegedly died.

(from an old list of watching these guys)
CAPS (RUDOLF VROLIJK, LORENZO WEBB, GEERMAN) IPS

204.212.123.# (SLBH/SETAR ARUBA)
199.2.118.# (SLBH/SETAR ARUBA) 
201.229.49.# (SETAR-CABLE-TV)
199.2.116.# (SLBH/SETAR ARUBA)
98.150.66.# (Unknown Organization)
201.229.29.# (Setarnet)
201.229.30.# (Setarnet)
199.2.112.# (SLBH/SETAR ARUBA)

Domain Name setardsl.aw ? (Aruba)
IP Address 201.229.29.# (Setarnet)
Search Words aruba tierra del sol map
Visit Entry Page http://scaredmonkeys...ndex.php?topic=255.0
Visit Exit Page http://scaredmonkeys...ndex.php?topic=255.0
Out Click
Time Zone UTC-5:00
Visitor's Time Apr 7 2012 1:56:47 am
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: April 07, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »

I did make it, Janet, and apologize for delaying the update. I've had a full plate lately, and a foot problem that has been giving me a fit, but enough of that................... Beth Holloway has got to be the most gracious person on earth!

My fiance went with me, and even though he hasn't followed the case nearly as closely as I (and certainly you guys) have, he was sincerely touched and impressed with Beth. There was a "meet and greet" before her presentation that required a purchased ticket, and I had bought those. Unfortunately, that was the height of my foot problem, and I just couldn't stay through it all. Beth was warmly and patiently speaking with those in attendance and I did get a chance to say hello and tell her that we at Scared Monkeys would always hold her and her daughter close to our hearts and in our prayers. She warmly expressed her gratitude and passed along a hug to all through me. 

We left and found seats for her presentation. Beth was both articulate and organized, and very down to earth. She looked beautiful......... much more so than in her pictures. She outlined the story and events that we are so familiar with, but I believe her focus was her mission now for the rest of her life. She is honoring Natalee by doing all she can to prevent another tragedy for another girl in similar circumstances.

Above all, I left with two very strong impressions: She loves (present tense on purpose) her daughter, and that love has made her strong. I didn't expect it, but somehow I don't think Beth had any idea of her strength before Natalee went missing. I say that because I don't think she's really aware of it even now. It shines through her and it's beautiful; strength born in pure love. It's funny, but before I could express it, John said the same thing. It's hard to put into words but it's a perfect blend with her faith and there is no doubt in my mind that the two reside in harmony within her soul. The pain that we all remember, the tortured mother that grabbed our hearts has given way to determination for good. I'm convinced that Beth is not doing this to work out anything unresolved. She's made her peace and peace has been given to her to move forward with resolve.

I suppose that's what I went for. More than anything I wanted to know how Beth was. For me, Beth was always central in this with Natalee. Natalee came alive for me through Beth. There was always something so "real" about Beth and it compelled us all as she went through pure Hell at the hands of Joran, Paulus, K2, Aruba and on and on and on. She is "real" still, and somehow she chose to turn even this, into good........ and it's about honoring her daughter.

Natalee became the world's daughter. Natalee has the highest definition of a Mother in Beth Holloway. God Bless Her!!

The fact that this forum really took it's start around this woman's plight is something we can all be proud of!

Thank you so much for your words, CBB.  They are beautiful.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: April 07, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »

Thanks CBB!  You have such a way with words.  I feel as though I was there with you.

Oh Klaas, I had the same feeling.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #656 on: April 07, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »

Wow  I am jealous.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #657 on: April 07, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »

Thanks CBB!  You have such a way with words.  I feel as though I was there with you.

Oh Klaas, I had the same feeling.

an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »

A Father's Nightmare

In April, 2006 a book authored by the father of Natalee Holloway was released.  Dave Holloway shares with readers almost one year of desperately seeking answers to the happenings encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... the morning his precious daughter went missing and was never seen again.
_____

ARUBA: THE TRAGIC UNTOLD STORY OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY AND CORRUPTION IN PARADISE
By Dave Holloway

Excerpts

Page 9:  In fact, he (Dennis Jacobs) was so confident that she was just partying it up or on drugs that he told us this particular bar would be the best place to find her. However, he did warn us to watch our drinks very carefully, adding that sometimes people put drugs into them.

Page 10:  While customers must pass by a bouncer at the door, there was no indication that he was stopping anyone from entering. The bar was packed with teenagers doing Jell-O shots and sleazy-looking island boys preying on the beautiful young female tourist.  ... I did not want to stay inside, so we hung out around the street corners. In less than two hours, we probably experienced at least ten to fifteen offers from various drug dealers who wanted us to buy from them.

Page 16:  During our daylight searches throughout the island, our group came across many abandoned houses where drug addicts had left razors and other drug paraphernalia. Some were filled with foul smelling odors, feces, urine, cardboard boxes they used as blankets or beds, and general trash. One of those houses was located right next to a fine restaurant near the hotel area and a McDonald’s.  ... Several times, people came into the hotel to meet with other locals and an apparent drug deal was taking place. The person would come in to scope out the area prior to doing the deal.

Page 182:  I asked Dompig to do the interview of Koen instead of having Jacobs do it. I became concerned because he said he would have to discuss it with Jacobs first. Several weeks later, I heard that Koens father had been interviewed, but Koen had not been questioned yet. I wondered if they were prepping the father to prep his son for questioning. That was something that seemed all to familiar.

Page 183:  It was a flowchart with all of the suspects and interested parties on it.  He (Art Wood) noticed that one person who we thought was a suspect, Lorenzo van Rijn, rumoured to be Joran’s half brother, was not on it.  We had been told that he might have had some connection to Natalee’s disappearance.  He is supposedly known on the island by the nickname Xtacy.  Art asked him (Dennis Jacobs) where Lorenzo was, and Jacobs said that Lorenzo had nothing to do with Natalee’s case, so he doesn’t have to be on the flow chart.  We left, and Art commented on Jacobs’ reaction.  There is talk in Aruba that Lorenzo is a known drug dealer who lives in a compound on the island with a remote-controlled sliding gate, television monitors, and razor wire all around the top of the fence.  Apparently, you cannot get into that place.  It looks like a prison camp.  Since Lorenzo is suppose to be related to Joran, if the boys got drugs to give Natalee, they may have gotten them from him.

Page 183:  I commented to Jacobs about how short my statement was. He said that I could add anything I wanted to it. Also, I noticed that Eric Soemers's name was on it, but that detective was not even present during the interview. Now I wondered if Jacobs was making up everyone's statement and getting Eric to sign on to them. If that were the case, he could state anything he wanted, and it would look like an official statement made in front of a witness.

Page 118-119:  I walked up to (Michael) Dompig, and he seemed a little embarrassed that we had witnessed his actions. He then started talking about the case, and during this conversation he mentioned that he had heard that Paulus van der Sloot had borrowed a friend's boat on either the night of Natalee's disappearance or the next day and that he was allegedly involved with Natalee's murder.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: April 07, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

A Mother's Journey of Faith

In the Fall of 2007, a book authored by the mother of Natalee Holloway was released.  Beth Holloway shares with readers the heartbreak, the frustration and the desperations in her ongoing journey to be a voice for her daughter until justice prevails.

Then she shares the sustaining faith that has given her courage to endure.
_________

Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
by Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Excerpts   

Page 39:
  Following our brief conversation, we all walk immediately to the fronT desk to ask about someone named Joran who is staying in the hotel and plays in the casino here.  The Holiday Inn night manager, Brenda, knows him by name.  "Oh! yes ... yes ... Joran.  He gambles in the Excelsior Casino here.  He likes to prey on young female tourists.  Especially the blonds.   He is tall.  Good-looking boy.  Like a Dutch marine."   My mouth drops wide open.  "Where is he from?" I ask her.  She replies.  "He lives in Aruba."  I stutter.  "He's ... he's not a tourist just here for the summer?"  "Non, non," she says.  It takes a few moments to absorb this information.  The supposed tourist who befriended some of Natalee's classmates and who told them he was staying at their hotel lied to them.  He isn't a tourist.  He isn't staying here.

Page 44:  Jug and I will view the tapes while the handlers volunteer to hit the streets to see what they can learn.  ... Alberto and Claudio went to the location, looked over the fences, and there it was.  A silver-gray Honda with big tailpipes and fancy features, just like the (MB) students had described.  They wrote down the license plate number and the address.  On the piece of paper is everything we need: the name of Joran van der Sloot, his address, and the tag number.

Page 76:  The detective takes a seat at his desk and sorts through some papers before getting ready to type at his computer keyboard.  It's quiet.  I am very cold, waiting for him to begin.  As I stare at the torn documents on the table, the words Joran van der Sloot jump right off one of the ripped pager at me and pierce my eyes.  It's Joran's witness statement, torn up, lying in plain view.   So he has been here.  He has given his statement.  It has been destroyed for some reason.   Did he change his mind?   Can you even do that?  Did someone come along and decide it wasn't in Joran's best interest to go on record about what happened to Natalee?

Page 148/149:  Anita tells us all about Joran and what a good boy he is.  How smart he is.  I let her go on and on, as this gives me time to listen, look, assess.  And as she continues, she begins to share with us what a difficult time they have had with him recently.  How he exibits oppositional defiance and is disrespectful to his mother.  How they are beginning to lose control of him as he sneaks out at night and comes and goes as he pleases.  After about thirty minutes she concludes by tell us Joran is seeing a psychologist for his definant behavior.

Now it's my turn.  I have no intention of matching her good-boy remarks with good-girl comments.  And cut to the chase.  Graphically repeating the very words said by their son a couple of weeks ago in his statements made on June 9, 10 and 13.  The vile account that was read to me in the attorney general's office.  The sexually explicit words used by Joran to describe what he did to Natalee.  Calmer than I have ever been in my whole life and without blinking, I tell them which fingers he said he used.  Where he said he put them.  How their son described my daughter's pubic area, her underwear.  How Joran said she was falling asleep and waking up, falling asleep and waking up.  I tell them of his conflicting stories of what happened, the different places he said it happened.  Little bead of sweat form across Paulus' brow and forehead.

Page 157:  Aruban authorities never took statements from the Alabama men, the eyewitnesses who were present at the van der Sloot' that first morning.  And no statement was taken from the DEA agent.  Aruba simply wouldn't do it.

Page 157/158:  No one is breathing. Or Moving. Reporters and camera people are crying. The media hve been here more than a month, and they’ve seen firsthand what we’ve experienced. They are moved by this plea. But some of the Arubans are not. Calling their local sons “criminals” offends them. Having just heard the prosecuting attorney tell us at least one of the Kalpoes could be involved in whatever happened to my daughter. I felt the term seemed appropriate. But it led to an abrupt change in the tide of support."

"Not long after the “criminals speech,” some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee. A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media. We’ve worn out our welcome at the Holiday Inn. And they let us know they’ve had it. The Aruban Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media. And to combat us. 1.  Beth Holloway learns almost immediately after arriving on the Island of Aruban that the last person who was with her daughter prior to disappearing had lied to the Mountain Brook students.

Page 182:  Helen is very positive.  "It looks good that they will remain in custody" she says.  Then just three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.  Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!.  Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information. So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island from the defense side that all three suspects will walk.  Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me that it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Page 183:  The Dutch interrogators, who have tried as hard as the FBI to help us, come up to the room. They are trying to make heads or tails of this. "In Holland this would never have happened' one of them tells me. "The defense is running the show". They were as shocked as we were that the 3 will be released and said information was presented to the judge that showed ample reason to keep them in custody.

Page 184:  Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow.  "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans.  Not one tape.  Nothing." he says sadly.  Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball.  Not even for one minute

Page 185:  The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.  Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a resturant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust?

Pages 209/210:  Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive ...

Page 227:  Jug has supported me through this entire nightmare.  And we have done everything we can.

Pages 230/231:  I can't say for sure if we'll ever know that answer to whether my daughter is alive or not.  I know it doesn't look good.  But just as that old metal spiral staircase rose from the ashes when our lake house burned down, so too faith stands strong in the remains of this devastating loss.  And just as my Dad built another house around that staircase, I will build another life around hope and faith.  It won't ever be the same.  But I pray that it will, at the very least, be useful.

The hope that filled Natalee's heart fills mine, and I will press on.  Faith got me up this morning, and faith will see me through tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the next.

Page 232:  Without hope we are hungry. And on a very deep level, desperate. But no one has to be. What's so amazing is that we can feed each other. We can help each other. We have the power to give resilience to others who are fading. We can nourish each other's spirits and save one another from defeat and despair. Every one of us possesses this power to "love thy neighbor," and we need to use it every chance we get.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.