March 29, 2024, 02:04:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430830 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #720 on: April 18, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »

IIRC, we were supposed to hear something on Joran's sentence appeal in April.  Was it the appeal hearing itself or the outcome?

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »

Jamcakes, I think that the request to return to Castro Castro is expected in April or May.  The appeal to reduce the sentence is expected to take one year.  Do you remember something like that?  Maybe another monkey will remember. 

I tried using the SM Search feature but was unsuccessful--again.  Embarassed
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: April 18, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »

Van der Sloot happy with transfer

Utrecht (AP) - Joran van der Sloot is satisfied with his transfer to a different environment in the Piedras Gordas prison in Peru. In this new place since last week he sits with other prisoners. But he is not in one of the so-called pavilions with many other prisoners, let his lawyer Jose Luis Jimenez Navarro know Friday.

According to Van der Sloot's lawyer is still not happy with his transfer of the Miguel Castro Castro prison to Piedras Gordas. This happened just after he in January to 28 years in prison was sentenced. Jimenez Navarro wrote this letter to the Peruvian prison authorities INPE where he asked Van der Sloot to bring back to its previous prison.

The INPE, according to the lawyer has not responded. How many other prisoners, Van der Sloot is now located, Jimenez Navarro not know exactly. A spokesman for the INPE can not confirm the transfer, because such information in their own words they do not get the Piedras Gordas prison.

http://utrecht.nieuws.nl/nieuws/61168

Grace

I believe I read somewhere that Miguel Castro Castro prison is closing.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #723 on: April 18, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/van_der_sloot_appeals_sentence_in_WFWXjPy9nwI4vQll4ocRMN

LIMA, Peru -- Joran van der Sloot has appealed the 28-year sentence imposed on him by a Peruvian court for  ::snipping2::
A reduced sentence is a matter of discretion for the presiding judge under Peruvian law, according to AFP.
"But we can legitimately aspire to a greater reduction because from the beginning Joran van der Sloot showed cooperation with justice," Jimenez said.
The appeal, filed before the Peruvian Supreme Court, is likely to be adjudicated between April and May, the lawyer said.
 ::snipping2::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, so it's coming soon, I hope!

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: April 18, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

Grace ... ten days came and went 2 1/2 months ago.

Janet

++++

Grace-land
Re: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 -
« Reply #818 on: February 01, 2012, 05:46:39 AM »

http://www.bnr.nl/meernieuws/233618-1202/joran-wil-terug-naar-luxe-cel

Google translation

Joran wants to return to 'luxury cell'
By Thijs Boss
February 1, 2012 8:17

Joran wants to go back to the Castro Castro prison. This is his lawyer Jose Jimenez Tuesday reported to the ANP.

Van der Sloot after his conviction was transferred to another prison. Jimenez has now filed a request for transfer to INPE, the Institute of Penitentiary Institutions in Peru, with the support that Van der Sloot is no danger to other prisoners.

Luxury goods
Also reports on Peruvian television on luxury items that Van der Sloot's cell in Castro Castro were found, he refers to the realm of fiction. The lawyer expects to ten days of the INPE answer about a possible return to prison.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12557.800

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: April 18, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »

Janet, there are three articles on February 18, 2012 (replies #108, #109, and #110) about a proposal to close Lurigancho and Castro Castro Prisons.  There hasn't been any other news about it--that I know of.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12630.100
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: April 19, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »

http://arubaherald.com/politics/2326-aruba-has-a-renewed-criminal-code.html

Aruba has a renewed Criminal Code
Thursday, 19 April 2012 12:16

Wednesday afternoon the 18 members of Parliament present voted "pro", giving their approval on the island's renewed Penal Code or Criminal Code (Strafrecht).

The Penal Code dated from the 1960s and although some laws had been updated, the entire document has never been completely reviewed as it was this time around. Minister of Justice, Arthur Dowers said the Penal Code was updated to include developments in the area of criminology. He added that Aruba now has a Criminal Code that makes the process more efficient and better when attending to aspects of crime in the community.Some of the topics that were most discussed in Parliament were, among others, the section dedicated to the youth, the reversal of the burden of proof,  ::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2012, 09:07:39 PM »

http://www.continentseven.com/2012/04/21/pwa-aruba-cancelled/

PWA Aruba cancelled

on 21. April, 2012 – 01:27 / No Comment

The PWA just announced the cancellation of the event on Aruba. The slalom discipline got cancelled already a few weeks ago, but now also the freestyle discipline got cancelled.
PWA:“The present economic situation, brought about by the closing of the Valero Refinery, has greatly affected Aruba. As a consequence sponsors for the event recently informed us that they are forced to cut down funding support for events and projects on the Island because of the present insecure financial situation. Government budgets have been cut drastically and as such the needed budget for the PWA event cannot be supplemented from that source either.”

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »

http://arubaherald.com/local/2298-marky-bees-restaurant-is-open-for-lunch-and-dinner.html

Marky Bee's Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner!         

Friday, 13 April 2012 20:57

Thursday afternoon Marky Bee's Restaurant celebrated its official opening. The buffet style restaurant, serving lunch and dinner, is located at the Kalalu Plaza Mall in Tanki Leendert.

After Father Jairo Maduro blessed the restaurant, the grandmother of proprietor Mark Benson Denz cut the ribbon, allowing for guests to step inside and get a feel of Marky Bee's atmosphere and a taste of the delectable offerings. The international buffet items are served by an attendant from behind the buffet from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week.

http://www.youtube.com/user/markybees?feature=watch

http://www.arubachamber.com/templates/kvk/view_extract.php?k=43300

Only valid if accordingly signed by the Aruba Chamber of Commerce & Industry - J.E. Irausquin Blvd. 10, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Appearing in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in ARUBA since 01 NOVEMBER 2011 under serial number 41344.0 is the company with the tradename:

MARKY BEE'S

Business address   TANKI LEENDERT 265-A, UNIT 2, NOORD
Legal form   SOLE OWNERSHIP
Name of the company   MARKY BEE'S
Date of commencement   01 NOVEMBER 2011

OWNERS/PARTNERS
DENZ, MARK-BENSON PERCY LEONARD;
Born in   ARUBA, ARUBA on 26 DECEMBER 1982
Nationality   DUTCH
Position   OWNER
Effective   01 NOVEMBER 2011
Authority   FULL

OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE COMPANY
1. HET EXPLOITEREN VAN EEN FASTFOOD RESTAURANT;
2. HET UITOEFENEN VAN EEN CATERINGBEDRIJF.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »

What are those 2 creatures supposed to be?  Typical Aruba, creepy, freaky, weird and nonsensical.  Although it IS a photo that does not contain a body or a skeleton or death for once.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »

I haven't asked in awhile............................. but, are those "other" sites at all active???? 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2012, 12:27:19 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/109011-tweede-kamer-mentaliteit-gevangenis-aruba-moet-veranderen

Google translation

House: "Aruba prison mentality has to change '
Friday, April 20, 2012 9:58

ORANGE CITY / THE HAGUE - The Netherlands House is worried about the situation of juvenile prisoners in the correction Institute Aruba (KIA). Parliamentarian Andre Bosman (VVD) is a change of mentality in Aruba regarding the correction Institute Aruba (KIA) ​​is indispensable. He said this based on a report of the Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT).

That report notes that include the 'totally unacceptable' situation of juvenile prisoners in KIA, says Bosman. "What I still most worrying is that nobody in that prison to the same conclusion. Is there anyone who thinks it's wrong that a young man or woman almost 24 hours in the dark? We talk about young people who sit in jail for a soft drug offense, "emphasizes Bosman.
Spies Minister shares the concerns. She pointed to the possibility for Aruba to use money from the Fondo Desaroyo Aruba. "If the basic conditions of life not in order, then the government must give priority to be there. But I agree with you that dealing with captured mainly a matter of changing attitudes. "The debate was also place for the news that the new Penal Code, the possibility is given to young people including alternative sanctions to impose.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/109011-tweede-kamer-mentaliteit-gevangenis-aruba-moet-veranderen

Google translation

House: "Aruba prison mentality has to change '
Friday, April 20, 2012 9:58

ORANGE CITY / THE HAGUE - The Netherlands House is worried about the situation of juvenile prisoners in the correction Institute Aruba (KIA). Parliamentarian Andre Bosman (VVD) is a change of mentality in Aruba regarding the correction Institute Aruba (KIA) ​​is indispensable. He said this based on a report of the Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT).

That report notes that include the 'totally unacceptable' situation of juvenile prisoners in KIA, says Bosman. "What I still most worrying is that nobody in that prison to the same conclusion. Is there anyone who thinks it's wrong that a young man or woman almost 24 hours in the dark? We talk about young people who sit in jail for a soft drug offense, "emphasizes Bosman.
Spies Minister shares the concerns. She pointed to the possibility for Aruba to use money from the Fondo Desaroyo Aruba. "If the basic conditions of life not in order, then the government must give priority to be there. But I agree with you that dealing with captured mainly a matter of changing attitudes. "The debate was also place for the news that the new Penal Code, the possibility is given to young people including alternative sanctions to impose.

but then again............................. "soft drug offenses" in Aruba could mean murder during a a heroine deal.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:34 AM »

...... was it something I said??

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: April 22, 2012, 01:47:45 AM »

Nothing that you said...there's no news, that's all. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: April 22, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=16519

ARUBA, I AM YOUR ISLAND
Posted by Aruba Daily on April 21st, 2012
It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, or also, every picture tells a story. That is exactly what Aruba – I Am Your Island has done. Through the historical, satirical and humorous words of Charles Croes, the photographs of Aruba, taken by award winning photographer, Werner J. Bertsch, have come to life. Aruba – I Am Your Island chronicles the island’s character; her colors-warm and majestic; the history-obscure and elusive; its folklore-amusing and mythological.

“Aruba is a story of how a small and barren piece of land in the Caribbean has transformed herself into a magnet for humanity unlike any other. She will continue to say to all who will listen, ‘Come to me and bask on my shores. As small as I am, there is still room for one more plate at my table.’”

“The history of Aruba should be a rather simple thing to piece together, yet the truth

continues to elude us. Her true history is hidden in places and in souls long ago lost to the soil.”

Wonder if the bad history is mentioned as well

ARUBA, THIS IS YOUR ISLAND

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: April 22, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »

...... was it something I said??

Never ever wreck!   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #737 on: April 22, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

I haven't asked in awhile............................. but, are those "other" sites at all active???? 

I just went to see if RU is still there. It is.

Now I gotta go take a shower.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »

Hi CBB

Please change Ducky and I back to our original clothes and put our Easter outfits into storage.  Thanks.

I hope you are having a good Sunday.

Janet

Hi Janet - CBB can't do it but I can..Done! (klaas)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:50:10 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: April 22, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.