April 20, 2024, 03:14:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 432246 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1405097/noticia-proceso-extradicion-van-der-sloot-eeuu-esta-marcha

Google translation

Extradition of Van der Sloot to the U.S. is underway

::snipping2::
 Sunday April 22, 2012 - 12:14 PM9 Comments

Peru has already accepted the U.S. request to begin the process of extradition of Joran van der Sloot, sentenced to 28 years in prison for the crime of Stephany Flores, for in that country has a pending trial for the crime of extortion, which could be sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Dutch citizen is accused of having asked the mother of Natalee Holloway, who disappeared six years ago on a beach in Aruba, $ 250 thousand to reveal where the body of her daughter. Foreigners caught in our country is charged with the disappearance of the girl.

"The lady agreed, but djo was going to give 10%, which were $ 25 000. He gave her a part in 'cash' and the other party sent it by Western Union. And Joran committed the blunder, it can be said to receive its own name. The FBI has all the evidence of that, "he told" News America "the former Dutch lawyer, Maximo Altez.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: April 22, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »

http://peru21.pe/2012/04/22/actualidad/eeuu-pidio-extradicion-van-der-sloot-2021115

Google translation

U.S. requests extradition of Van der Sloot
 Sunday April 22, 2012 | 11:45

Maximum Altez, Dutch lawyer, said the FBI has all the evidence of sending money his client received. "The lady agreed (to pay the $ 250 000) but said he would give 10%, which were $ 25 thousand. He gave her a part in cash and the other was sent for a spin and committed the blunder of Joran receive under his own name, "said the lawyer to Latin News.

He indicated that the transfer of Van der Sloot to the U.S. is imminent, as the crime he is charged with prescribing in 2015 and also receive a sentence of 25 years, which added to that currently in Peru, would end the slightest hope of returning to the streets.

"They are waiting for the judgment of Joran be spoiled, because I think it's appeal, and then starts the process. He lead the United States, you are sentenced there and bring him back to Peru to serve his sentence, "added the lawyer.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »

http://peru21.pe/2012/04/22/actualidad/eeuu-pidio-extradicion-van-der-sloot-2021115

Google translation

U.S. requests extradition of Van der Sloot
 Sunday April 22, 2012 | 11:45

Maximum Altez, Dutch lawyer, said the FBI has all the evidence of sending money his client received. "The lady agreed (to pay the $ 250 000) but said he would give 10%, which were $ 25 thousand. He gave her a part in cash and the other was sent for a spin and committed the blunder of Joran receive under his own name, "said the lawyer to Latin News.

He indicated that the transfer of Van der Sloot to the U.S. is imminent, as the crime he is charged with prescribing in 2015 and also receive a sentence of 25 years, which added to that currently in Peru, would end the slightest hope of returning to the streets.

"They are waiting for the judgment of Joran be spoiled, because I think it's appeal, and then starts the process. He lead the United States, you are sentenced there and bring him back to Peru to serve his sentence, "added the lawyer.

::boxingjoran::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: April 22, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »

I haven't asked in awhile............................. but, are those "other" sites at all active???? 

RU is still open but barely active at all.  Even some of the most ardent Joran supporters now know he likely murdered Natalee just as he did Stephany.  I have no idea if BFN is even still open.  GM is open but mostly a chit chat place. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »

Video at link

http://www.cronicaviva.com.pe/index.php/crimen/52-crimen/39687-eeuu-pide-extradicion-de-joran-van-der-sloot-video

Google translation

U.S. requests extradition of Joran van der Sloot [video]
Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:59

According to latest information, the murderer could receive a sentence of 25 years in prison, and his offense does not prescribe until 2015.

The Dutchman, in Peru is serving 28 years for the crime of Stephany Flores and be carried to the U.S. for trial, which was added in both countries, the murderer would serve a sentence of 53 years (PY).

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: April 22, 2012, 09:14:20 PM »

Let's get that appeal  and then --

Welcome to the U.S.A., Joran!  We're adding 25 more years in prison!  Enjoy!  ::justice2NJ::
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: April 22, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=16519

ARUBA, I AM YOUR ISLAND
Posted by Aruba Daily on April 21st, 2012
It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, or also, every picture tells a story. That is exactly what Aruba – I Am Your Island has done. Through the historical, satirical and humorous words of Charles Croes, the photographs of Aruba, taken by award winning photographer, Werner J. Bertsch, have come to life. Aruba – I Am Your Island chronicles the island’s character; her colors-warm and majestic; the history-obscure and elusive; its folklore-amusing and mythological.

“Aruba is a story of how a small and barren piece of land in the Caribbean has transformed herself into a magnet for humanity unlike any other. She will continue to say to all who will listen, ‘Come to me and bask on my shores. As small as I am, there is still room for one more plate at my table.’”

“The history of Aruba should be a rather simple thing to piece together, yet the truth

continues to elude us. Her true history is hidden in places and in souls long ago lost to the soil.”

Wonder if the bad history is mentioned as well

ARUBA, THIS IS YOUR ISLAND

Be well. Charles.   Isn't that what he always said?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #747 on: April 22, 2012, 09:37:45 PM »

Let's get that appeal  and then --

Welcome to the U.S.A., Joran!  We're adding 25 more years in prison!  Enjoy!  ::justice2NJ::

And then send his sorry azz right on back to Peru to finish serving his sentence! 

::boxingjoran:: ::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #748 on: April 23, 2012, 03:29:51 AM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1405097/noticia-proceso-extradicion-van-der-sloot-eeuu-esta-marcha

Google translation

Sunday April 22, 2012 - 12:14 PM9 Comments

Peru has already accepted the U.S. request to begin the process of extradition of Joran van der Sloot, sentenced to 28 years in prison for the crime of Stephany Flores, for in that country has a pending trial for the crime of extortion, which could be sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Dutch citizen is accused of having asked the mother of Natalee Holloway, who disappeared six years ago on a beach in Aruba, $ 250 thousand to reveal where the body of her daughter. Foreigners caught in our country is charged with the disappearance of the girl.

"The lady agreed, but djo was going to give 10%, which were $ 25 000. He gave her a part in 'cash' and the other party sent it by Western Union. And Joran committed the blunder, it can be said to receive its own name. The FBI has all the evidence of that, "he told" News America "the former Dutch lawyer, Maximo Altez.

Doing the HAPPY DANCE!

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #749 on: April 23, 2012, 03:48:52 AM »

Google translation

I hope he gets the ONE TWO SUCKER PUNCH.....one: appeal denied.....two: extradition to the US.

Be afraid, Joran, be very afraid.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: April 23, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

Van der Sloot to be extradited to US
23/04/2012

Peruvian media are reporting that Peru has approved the extradition to the US of Joran van der Sloot.

The Dutchman is facing a prison sentence of 28 years in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores, but is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway. The US wants to put Van der Sloot on trial for extortion.

Van der Sloot offered to tell the mother of Natalee tell where the body of her daughter was in exchange for 250,000. The US case against Van der Sloot is planned for 2015, but he could be extradited sooner. He could get 25 years in prison in the US for extortion.

<snipped>

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/dutch-news/van-der-sloot-to-be-extradited-to-us_222960.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: April 23, 2012, 10:54:10 AM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/advocaat-flores-uitlevering-joran-onmogelijk/

Google translation

Today 4:26 p.m. hours
Attorney Flores: "Extradition Joran impossible '

Joran can not be extradited to the United States, as late as the lawyer for the Flores family, Edwar Alvarez, our editors know.

Monday popped the message in the media that the extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. would be forthcoming. This ex-lawyer of Joran, Máximo Altez, declared on the television program America Noticias.

That the U.S. request was granted by the Peruvian authorities, according to Alvarez nonsense. "The Peruvian press is of mediocre quality. They repeat now that the U.S. asked for extradition of Joran and market it as if the extradition is round. In the Peruvian law states very clearly that a person is convicted, may be extradited only when his sentence was. Joran former lawyer knows clearly not what he is talking. "

Máximo Altez was dismissed last June by Joran. The current Van der Sloot's lawyer, Jose Jimenez was Monday unavailable for comment.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #752 on: April 23, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »

It seems that we are seeing a case of "dueling lawyers" about the Peruvian law and the extradition of Jo ran to the U.S. to face charges of extortion.   It will work out; don't lose hope!  ::boxingjoran::  ::justice2NJ::
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

It seems they are trying to say that the U.S. has basically placed a legal hold on him so that should he ever exit the Peruvian justice system it will be into the hands of our waiting Feds?  It would be better if he never left his cell in Peru.  My trust of American jurors in high profile cases is basically non-existent  at this point.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: April 23, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/advocaat-flores-uitlevering-joran-onmogelijk/

Google translation

Today 4:26 p.m. hours
Attorney Flores: "Extradition Joran impossible '

Joran can not be extradited to the United States, as late as the lawyer for the Flores family, Edwar Alvarez, our editors know.

Monday popped the message in the media that the extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. would be forthcoming. This ex-lawyer of Joran, Máximo Altez, declared on the television program America Noticias.

That the U.S. request was granted by the Peruvian authorities, according to Alvarez nonsense. "The Peruvian press is of mediocre quality. They repeat now that the U.S. asked for extradition of Joran and market it as if the extradition is round. In the Peruvian law states very clearly that a person is convicted, may be extradited only when his sentence was. Joran former lawyer knows clearly not what he is talking. "

Máximo Altez was dismissed last June by Joran. The current Van der Sloot's lawyer, Jose Jimenez was Monday unavailable for comment.

What will be will be.

Janet

+++++

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot was sentenced today to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for strangling a woman there, and American officials are now expected to bring him to Alabama to face charges in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: April 23, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »

Bottom Line:

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Aruba Investigators 'Not Following Up on Any Leads'
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY:  I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

<snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »

http://peru.com/2012/04/23/actualidad/mi-ciudad/peru-evalua-pedido-extradicion-eeuu-contra-joran-van-der-sloot-noticia-60168

Google translation

Peru evaluates U.S. extradition request against Joran van der Sloot
Monday April 23, 2012 - 11:25

If approved the extradition proceed when the Dutchman has served the sentence of 28 years imprisonment imposed on him by the death of Peruvian Stephany Flores in May 2010.

Lima. The Judiciary evaluated in the first instance the request by U.S. authorities to approve the extradition of Dutch Joran van der Sloot for extorting money from the mother of the girl Natalee Holloway.

The holder of 22 Criminal Court of Lima moved to the prison Piedras BBW I order, in order to consult the Dutch if he responds or not the request for extradition from U.S. justice.

In this regard, that body discussed the request to issue a decision in the coming days. If appealed, will be reviewed by the Supreme Court.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: April 23, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »

Will entrapment be Joran's defence against the extortion charges?

I hope this psychopath does not see another side to the Peruvian lock up.  Joran is not worthy of the defence that he would be afforded in the States.

Janet

++++++

John Kelly: $100 to Convinced

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

<snipped>

In March, van der Sloot reached out to Kelly, demanding $250,000 from Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, in exchange for leading Kelly to the teenager’s remains, Kelly told TODAY.

Kelly agreed to meet van der Sloot alone and brought no money — angering the suspect.

Kelly then called the FBI to set up a sting, telling TODAY it only took $100 to convince van der Sloot to start talking with him again.

<snipped>

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627/ns/today-today_news/t/holloway-attorney-details-van-der-sloot-sting/

John Kelly: $100 to Regained Joran's Attention and a Promise

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

<snipped>

So Kelly went to Aruba in April to meet with van der Sloot without telling anyone but his own wife and Twitty. He met van der Sloot for about two hours in a hotel.

“No money, no recording devices. Nobody knew I was there,” Kelly said Friday. “It was Easter Sunday. It was one-on-one in a hotel room for a couple hours. He thought I was bringing the $25,000. I engaged him in a long series of conversations. I was trying to get as much information as I could.”

Van der Sloot wanted money, and when Kelly said he didn’t have it with him, the man got “very angry, very agitated, very upset.”

Kelly said it was nerve-racking.

“He’s a big guy. He’s 6’4”, 225 [pounds], well built. He’s sort of a threatening individual when he gets angry, no question.”

When Kelly returned to the States, he contacted the FBI and began to set up the elaborate sting with the FBI and Aruban law-enforcement authorities.

He regained van der Sloot’s attention by sending him $100. Then, with a promise that he would bring $25,000, another meeting was set up for May 10 in Aruba.

<snipped>

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627/ns/today-today_news/t/holloway-attorney-details-van-der-sloot-sting/

Joran van der Sloot:  They Offered to Pay

Van der Sloot "true story" book
Published: 10/17/2010 11:39 am
Updated: 10/17/2010 11:51 am

<snipped>

The book, due out October 19, was co-written by Bert Huisjes and John van den Heuvel, the reporter who recently interviewed van der Sloot in his Castro Castro prison cell in Lima, Peru. That interview which appeared in De Telegraaf as well as on Dutch television contained little about the Natalee Holloway case beyond van der Sloot's admission that he scammed Natalee's family out of $25,000.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the paper quoted him as saying from prison in Peru.  "When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not'?"

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA

Deadly Connection?
updated 6/11/2010 9:03:58 PM ET
TRANSCRIPT

<snipped>

JOHN KELLY: I got the first e-mail from van der Sloot on March 30.

CHRIS HANSEN: What went through your mind?  What did you think he wanted?

JOHN KELLY: I had no idea.  I was more than amenable to talking to him, or hearing what he had to say just because, you know, I still-- committed to finding what happened to Natalee. So, any chance I had to open a door, I was willing to do it.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37650865/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/5/

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: April 23, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »

Van der Sloot to be extradited to US
Published on 23 April 2012 - 1:52pm

Peruvian media are reporting that Peru has approved the extradition to the US of Joran van der Sloot.

The Dutchman is facing a prison sentence of 28 years in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores, but is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of US teenager Natalee Holloway. The United States wants to put Van der Sloot on trial for extortion.

Van der Sloot offered to tell Natalee's mother tell where the body was in exchange for $250,000. The US case against Van der Sloot is planned for 2015, but he could be extradited sooner. He could face 25 years in prison in the US for extortion.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/van-der-sloot-be-extradited-us

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.