March 29, 2024, 04:56:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430852 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: April 23, 2012, 03:44:45 PM »

MR POOP PANTS

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/advocaat-flores-uitlevering-joran-onmogelijk/

Google translation

Today 4:26 p.m. hours
Attorney Flores: "Extradition Joran impossible '

Joran can not be extradited to the United States, as late as the lawyer for the Flores family, Edwar Alvarez, our editors know.

Monday popped the message in the media that the extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. would be forthcoming. This ex-lawyer of Joran, Máximo Altez, declared on the television program America Noticias.
 ::snipping2::

That the U.S. request was granted by the Peruvian authorities, according to Alvarez nonsense. "The Peruvian press is of mediocre quality. They repeat now that the U.S. asked for extradition of Joran and market it as if the extradition is round. In the Peruvian law states very clearly that a person is convicted, may be extradited only when his sentence was. Joran former lawyer knows clearly not what he is talking. "

Máximo Altez was dismissed last June by Joran. The current Van der Sloot's lawyer, Jose Jimenez was Monday unavailable for comment.

What will be will be.

Janet

+++++

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot was sentenced today to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for strangling a woman there, and American officials are now expected to bring him to Alabama to face charges in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

The Flores' attorney appears to be convinced that under Peruvian law Joran's extradition to the US cannot happen until Peru is done with him.

Janet

+++++

Joran Van Der Sloot could return to the U.S.
March 31, 2012

Lima - More than two months after being sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores, Dutchman Joran Van Der Sloot, could return to America after the Peruvian justice admitted extradition proceedings for the offense of extortion and fraud in the case of the young Nathaly Holloway.

The U.S. justice formalized extradition of Van Der Sloot as a document of 22 Criminal Court in the resolution of January 30, 2012, indicating to admit the request for extradition from Van Der Sloot on charges of extortion and fraud in the case of the missing American girl.

In May 2005 Holloway disappeared Nathaly Van Der Sloot would exgido his family $ 25,000 to show where they find the corpse. But Van Der Sloot and the United States never formally met the request for provisional arrest for the purpose of extadición the Peruvian state.

However, the lawyer for the family of Stephany Flores, Eduard Alvarez denied that meets the extradition on the grounds that "when a person is in the Peruvian state under investigation and there were a request for extradition, it must be postponed until the person, completed its judgment, has been acquitted or has served his sentence. "Thus, Van Der Sloot would have to be extradited within 28 years of serving their sentence.

http://diariocorreo.pe/nota/77937/joran-van-der-sloot-podria-volver-a-estados-unidos/

Northern Rose

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:21 PM »

'Peru agrees to extradite Joran van der Sloot to US'
Monday 23 April 2012

Peru has agreed to extradite Joran van der Sloot to the US in connection with the blackmailing of the mother of Natalee Holloway, according to local media quoted by news agency ANP.

Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in jail in January for the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores.

However, the Dutch national is also wanted in the US to face blackmail charges. Van der Sloot allegedly tried to blackmail Beth Holloway into giving him €250,000 in return for information on the whereabouts of her daughter's body. Some of the money was paid over, according to US media reports.

<snipped>

According to El Comercio, Van der Sloot could be taken to the US for the court hearings but would then return to Peru to finish his sentence. After that, if found guilty of blackmail, he would return to the US to serve jail time there.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/04/peru_agrees_to_extradite_joran.php

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: April 23, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2012/04/23/1185869/peru-evaluan-pedido-de-extradicion.html

Google translation

Posted on Monday, 04.23.12
Peru: assessing Dutch extradition request from Van der Sloot
The Associated Press

LIMA - The Judiciary evaluates a request for U.S. courts to extradite the Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot, who was sentenced to 28 years in Peru for the murder of a young Peruvian, who is prime suspect in the disappearance of an American student.

The U.S. embassy in Lima with the Peruvian authorities handled an extradition request against Van der Sloot on charges of extortion and fraud are punishable in the United States with up to 25 years in prison.

"Peru has granted the application is being processed ... America is presenting the relevant documents for extradition," said Max Altez, a lawyer for Van der Sloot.
Highness said that the U.S. justice is expedited by the extradition of Van der Sloot because the crime of extortion expire in five years, in 2015.

However, he clarified that a possible extradition can not be carried out until the Judicial Branch to resolve the appeal by the defense of Van der Sloot to the 28-year sentence was imposed.

"Once you give the answer, Joran can be extradited," said the lawyer.

He said that an extradition to the U.S. and sentence for extortion trial would have an effect unfavorable to his client.

"That's going to affect the sentence (28 years) from here. If you are sentenced in the U.S., here are not going to give the benefit of probation, that's the problem ... That will result in he's going to have to do full time here, its 28 years, and hence just go there to do his other 25, which give, "he said.

Peruvian laws allow prison inmates to obtain benefits such as probation to work or study in prison.

Highness also said that Van der Sloot fears being extradited to the U.S. for the reputation of American prisons to be "well hard" for inmates.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: April 23, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2794256/uitlevering-joran-vrijwel-zeker.html

Google translation

"Extradition Joran almost certainly"
Last update: April 23, 2012 9:08 p.m.

AMSTERDAM - It is very likely that Joran van der Sloot in a few months is extradited to the United States.

That says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro Monday. In addition to the current appeal proceedings under the Extradition Counsel nothing in the way. Jimenez, the Dutchman will not assist in the extradition case.

The lawyer leaves have long known no more money from Van der Sloot had received. He also has it said it terribly busy and he finds the responsibility too great for the extradition of Van der Sloot there to do.

Jimenez Navarro remains formally known as the lawyer of the Dutchman and looking him regularly in the Piedras Gordas prison. He doubts that anyone else can stand him. "He can pay anyone," said Jimenez.

If Van der Sloot is convicted in the U.S. depends him a sentence of 25 years in prison over the head. But after the verdict he must return to Peru to the penalty for the murder of Stephany Flores to sit out. Jimenez believes the Dutchman then do not go to an American cell, because a scheme will come when the sentence in Peru as an atonement applies to the future judgment in the U.S.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: April 23, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »

Lawyer: Peru studying US request to extradite Van der Sloot, suspect in Holloway disappearance
Updated: Monday, April 23, 1:23 PMAP

LIMA, Peru — A lawyer for Joran van der Sloot says Peru is evaluating a request by the United States to extradite the jailed Dutchman, who is the main suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

<snipped>

The 24-year-old also faces extortion charges in Alabama for allegedly receiving $25,000 from Holloway’s mother to tell her where to find the remains of her daughter, who was 18 when she disappeared while on vacation.

Attorney Maximo Altez said Monday the U.S. extradition request “is in the process of being evaluated” by Peruvian authorities.

The lawyer says his client fears extradition because U.S. prisons have a reputation for being “very hard” on inmates.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/lawyer-peru-studying-us-request-to-extradite-van-der-sloot-suspect-in-holloway-disappearance/2012/04/23/gIQA5mJkcT_story.html

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: April 23, 2012, 06:51:46 PM »

CBS42 in Birmingham had a report on Joran's extradiction in their 5:00 newscast.

They said that they had contacted the State's Attorney's Office who offerered
"no comment" other than advising that they contact the US Department of Political Affairs.

I am sure they will have it up on their web page soon.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: April 23, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »

CBS42 in Birmingham had a report on Joran's extradiction in their 5:00 newscast.

"no comment" other than advising that they contact the US Department of Political Affairs.

Thank you Magnolia.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: April 23, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »

Thank you Magnolia.

Here is the link.....http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Is-van-der-Sloot-heading-for-Birmingham/xBctx0oDg029MytVt8-CVg.cspx

You have to watch the video and it is the White House Department of Political Affairs.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »

The Extortion - In Beth Holloway's Own Words

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85iPwvW7izo

PRdV Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk91KY2OEV8

PRdV Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3RyjM_HBM

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7UwT6tVkFU

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-us-peru_n_1447410.html?1335222254&ncid=webmail2

UPDATE: 8: 19 p.m. -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States has begun, CNN reports. Documents obtained by Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's attorney, show a judge has approved the U.S. request for a provisional detention, the first step in sending him to America to face charges for extorting money from the mother of missing teen Natalee Holloway.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: April 23, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »

Peru approves first step toward extradition of Joran van der Sloot
From Mayra Cuevas, InSession
April 24, 2012 -- Updated 0038 GMT (0838 HKT)

(CNN) -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States to face criminal charges has begun, according to Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney.

According to court documents obtained through Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention. This is the first step in the extradition process between Peru and the United States. The document says a formal extradition request has yet to be submitted, but will follow.

The document names the U.S. Embassy as a party in the proceedings. InSession reached out Monday for comment but did not receive a response. The Peruvian Justice Ministry also did not return a request for comment.

The only hold-up to the extradition is van der Sloot's appeal, which should be finished in about a month, Altez said.

"I think he will be extradited within the next three months," said Altez. "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there."

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #772 on: April 23, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »

Well................. one thing we DO know............ Joran aint goin' to the Netherlands any time soon. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: April 23, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

Peru approves first step toward extradition of Joran van der Sloot
From Mayra Cuevas, InSession
April 24, 2012 -- Updated 0038 GMT (0838 HKT)

(CNN) -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States to face criminal charges has begun, according to Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney.

According to court documents obtained through Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention. This is the first step in the extradition process between Peru and the United States. The document says a formal extradition request has yet to be submitted, but will follow.

The document names the U.S. Embassy as a party in the proceedings. InSession reached out Monday for comment but did not receive a response. The Peruvian Justice Ministry also did not return a request for comment.

The only hold-up to the extradition is van der Sloot's appeal, which should be finished in about a month, Altez said.

"I think he will be extradited within the next three months," said Altez. "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there."

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

Van Der Sloot Appeals 28-Year Sentence
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 1:50 PM CST
Published : Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 1:50 PM CST

(NewsCore) - Joran van der Sloot has appealed the 28-year sentence imposed on him by a Peruvian court for killing a young woman in Lima in 2010, his attorney, Jose Luis Jimenez, told AFP Tuesday.

<snipped>

A reduced sentence is a matter of discretion for the presiding judge under Peruvian law, according to AFP.

"But we can legitimately aspire to a greater reduction because from the beginning Joran van der Sloot showed cooperation with justice," Jimenez said.

The appeal, filed before the Peruvian Supreme Court, is likely to be adjudicated between April and May, the lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpps/news/van-der-sloot-appeals-28-year-sentence-dpgonc-20120124-kh_17347906

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: April 23, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2794256/uitlevering-joran-vrijwel-zeker.html

Google translation

"Extradition Joran almost certainly"
Last update: April 23, 2012 9:08 p.m.

AMSTERDAM - It is very likely that Joran van der Sloot in a few months is extradited to the United States.

That says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro Monday. In addition to the current appeal proceedings under the Extradition Counsel nothing in the way. Jimenez, the Dutchman will not assist in the extradition case.

The lawyer leaves have long known no more money from Van der Sloot had received. He also has it said it terribly busy and he finds the responsibility too great for the extradition of Van der Sloot there to do.

Jimenez Navarro remains formally known as the lawyer of the Dutchman and looking him regularly in the Piedras Gordas prison. He doubts that anyone else can stand him. "He can pay anyone," said Jimenez.

If Van der Sloot is convicted in the U.S. depends him a sentence of 25 years in prison over the head. But after the verdict he must return to Peru to the penalty for the murder of Stephany Flores to sit out. Jimenez believes the Dutchman then do not go to an American cell, because a scheme will come when the sentence in Peru as an atonement applies to the future judgment in the U.S.

What is Jimenez talking about?  Something must be lost in translation?

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: April 23, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »

Well................. one thing we DO know............ Joran aint goin' to the Netherlands any time soon. 

......or to Aruba 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: April 23, 2012, 09:39:13 PM »

Well................. there could be one exception to that........unless he's in a wooden box.  Being in a Peruvian prison, anything could happen. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #777 on: April 23, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »

Well................. there could be one exception to that........unless he's in a wooden box.  Being in a Peruvian prison, anything could happen. 
I'll make an exception IF he goes in a wooden box!!! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:25 PM »

I'll make an exception IF he goes in a wooden box!!! 

Wreck!!   Monkey Devil!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: April 23, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-us-peru_n_1447410.html?1335222254&ncid=webmail2

UPDATE: 8: 19 p.m. -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States has begun, CNN reports. Documents obtained by Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's attorney, show a judge has approved the U.S. request for a provisional detention, the first step in sending him to America to face charges for extorting money from the mother of missing teen Natalee Holloway.

Wo Hoooooooooo!  Has Peru had enough of him?  I am surprised they would even consider this this soon.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.