March 28, 2024, 08:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion # 864 2/07/12 - 5/03/12  (Read 430770 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: April 24, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »

Will entrapment be Joran's defence against the extortion charges?

I hope this psychopath does not see another side to the Peruvian lock up.  Joran is not worthy of the defence that he would be afforded in the States.

Janet

++++++

John Kelly: $100 to Convinced

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

<snipped>

In March, van der Sloot reached out to Kelly, demanding $250,000 from Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, in exchange for leading Kelly to the teenager’s remains, Kelly told TODAY.

Kelly agreed to meet van der Sloot alone and brought no money — angering the suspect.

Kelly then called the FBI to set up a sting, telling TODAY it only took $100 to convince van der Sloot to start talking with him again.

<snipped>

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627/ns/today-today_news/t/holloway-attorney-details-van-der-sloot-sting/

John Kelly: $100 to Regained Joran's Attention and a Promise

<snipped>

So Kelly went to Aruba in April to meet with van der Sloot without telling anyone but his own wife and Twitty. He met van der Sloot for about two hours in a hotel.

“No money, no recording devices. Nobody knew I was there,” Kelly said Friday. “It was Easter Sunday. It was one-on-one in a hotel room for a couple hours. He thought I was bringing the $25,000. I engaged him in a long series of conversations. I was trying to get as much information as I could.”

Van der Sloot wanted money, and when Kelly said he didn’t have it with him, the man got “very angry, very agitated, very upset.”

Kelly said it was nerve-racking.

“He’s a big guy. He’s 6’4”, 225 [pounds], well built. He’s sort of a threatening individual when he gets angry, no question.”

When Kelly returned to the States, he contacted the FBI and began to set up the elaborate sting with the FBI and Aruban law-enforcement authorities.

He regained van der Sloot’s attention by sending him $100. Then, with a promise that he would bring $25,000, another meeting was set up for May 10 in Aruba.

<snipped>

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627/ns/today-today_news/t/holloway-attorney-details-van-der-sloot-sting/

Joran van der Sloot:  They Offered to Pay

Van der Sloot "true story" book
Published: 10/17/2010 11:39 am
Updated: 10/17/2010 11:51 am

<snipped>

The book, due out October 19, was co-written by Bert Huisjes and John van den Heuvel, the reporter who recently interviewed van der Sloot in his Castro Castro prison cell in Lima, Peru. That interview which appeared in De Telegraaf as well as on Dutch television contained little about the Natalee Holloway case beyond van der Sloot's admission that he scammed Natalee's family out of $25,000.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the paper quoted him as saying from prison in Peru.  "When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not'?"

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA

s.t.

I don't know where the sum of five million dollars came from but ... could Joran van der Sloot's attorney has revealed the defense's strategy in regards to the extortion charge.

Listening to Beth Holloway's words in the Peter Devries' interview ... I don't think the strategy is going to be successful.

Janet

+++++

Lawyer to request release of Joran van der Sloot
Published on 23 May 2011 - 9:28pm

<snipped>

Mr Altez is also involved in defending his client against accusations in the US that he tried to blackmail Natalee Holloway’s family in exchange for information on where the body was hidden.

His lawyer claims it is the family who put his client under pressure to reveal the whereabouts of Natalee Holloway’s body and offered five million dollars for information.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/lawyer-request-release-joran-van-der-sloot

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: April 24, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »

The Extortion - In Beth Holloway's Own Words

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85iPwvW7izo

PRdV Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk91KY2OEV8

PRdV Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3RyjM_HBM

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7UwT6tVkFU

Listening to Beth Holloway's account of the extortion sting ... why didn't Aruban officials or FBI agents make an immediate arrest ... Aruban officials or FBI agents who were in the same hotel where the meeting between John Kelly and Joran took place.

Could it be that I have been watching too many Datelines/48 Hours Mysteries?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: April 24, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »

Well................. one thing we DO know............ Joran aint goin' to the Netherlands any time soon. 

......or to Aruba 

This just makes me so happy!!!!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »

Listening to Beth Holloway's account of the extortion sting ... why didn't Aruban officials or FBI agents make an immediate arrest ... Aruban officials or FBI agents who were in the same hotel in another room recording the meeting between John Kelly and Joran took place.

Janet

Building a Case?

<snipped>

After taking $25,000 in exchange for information that turned out to be false, Kelly said van der Sloot could have been arrested for wire fraud and extortion.

But authorities said that more work needed to be done to build the case and van der Sloot was not only left free, he was allowed to leave Aruba for South America, where he would meet Stephany Flores, the woman he confessed to killing, while participating in a poker.

<snipped>

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: April 24, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

::snipping2::

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »

I am sure that just like a few others the first time I ever heard of Scared Monkeys was surfing about Natalee, FINALLY something. Bad words to say but bring his ass here. Something will happen.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: April 24, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru

Thanks Northern Rose.

Janet

+++++

Peru approves first step toward extradition of Joran van der Sloot
From Mayra Cuevas, InSession
April 24, 2012 -- Updated 0038 GMT (0838 HKT)

(CNN) -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States to face criminal charges has begun, according to Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney.

According to court documents obtained through Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention. This is the first step in the extradition process between Peru and the United States. The document says a formal extradition request has yet to be submitted, but will follow.

The document names the U.S. Embassy as a party in the proceedings. InSession reached out Monday for comment but did not receive a response. The Peruvian Justice Ministry also did not return a request for comment.

The only hold-up to the extradition is van der Sloot's appeal, which should be finished in about a month, Altez said.

"I think he will be extradited within the next three months," said Altez. "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there."

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: April 24, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »

Joran van der Sloot for trial to America

Joran van der Sloot is being tried for extortion mother of Natalee Holloway.

The court decided in Peru these days when Joran extradited to the U.S. will be there for trial for extortion.

Van der Sloot was the mother of Natalee Holloway told that he wanted to confess where the corpse of the girl would have remained. He demanded $ 250,000. There is an amount paid of $ 25,000 and then Joran has a place called where nothing was found. With the money Joran fled to Peru.

For extortion may Joran van der Sloot in America 25 years in prison.

If Joran is found guilty he must first serve his sentence of 28 years serving in Peru and then he transferred to the U.S. to take the punishment for extortion to sit out. Joran van der Sloot's possible the next 53 years in prison and 77 years old when he is released, should he still be alive.

http://nieuwsuit.com/2012/joran-van-der-sloot-voor-rechtzaak-naar-amerika/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: April 24, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »

Lawyer: Van der Sloot almost certain extradition

It is very likely that Joran van der Sloot in a few months is extradited to the United States. That says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro Monday. In addition to the current appeal proceedings under the Extradition Counsel nothing in the way. Jimenez, the Dutchman will not assist in the extradition case.

The lawyer leaves have long known no more money from Van der Sloot had received. He also has it said it terribly busy and he finds the responsibility too great for the extradition of Van der Sloot there to do.

Jimenez Navarro remains formally known as the lawyer of the Dutchman and looking him regularly in the Piedras Gordas prison. He doubts that anyone else can stand him. "He can pay anyone," said Jimenez.

There is still an appeal against the conviction of Van der Sloot to 28 years imprisonment. "There is no final punishment, there must be the supreme council in Peru before taking a decision on Van der Sloot can be extradited," said Jimenez. The action that the lawyer shortly after the conviction of Van der Sloot office knew, already has considerable delays. Jimenez takes the profession are well accounted for.

http://www.metronieuws.nl/nieuws/advocaat-uitlevering-van-der-sloot-vrijwel-zeker/IWIldw!1pdGGDyXXAgb3YbBlcG6WA/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: April 24, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »

Lawyer: Van der Sloot almost certain extradition

It is very likely that Joran van der Sloot in a few months is extradited to the United States. That says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro Monday. In addition to the current appeal proceedings under the Extradition Counsel nothing in the way. Jimenez, the Dutchman will not assist in the extradition case.

The lawyer leaves have long known no more money from Van der Sloot had received. He also has it said it terribly busy and he finds the responsibility too great for the extradition of Van der Sloot there to do.

Jimenez Navarro remains formally known as the lawyer of the Dutchman and looking him regularly in the Piedras Gordas prison. He doubts that anyone else can stand him. "He can pay anyone," said Jimenez.

There is still an appeal against the conviction of Van der Sloot to 28 years imprisonment. "There is no final punishment, there must be the supreme council in Peru before taking a decision on Van der Sloot can be extradited," said Jimenez. The action that the lawyer shortly after the conviction of Van der Sloot office knew, already has considerable delays. Jimenez takes the profession are well accounted for.

http://www.metronieuws.nl/nieuws/advocaat-uitlevering-van-der-sloot-vrijwel-zeker/IWIldw!1pdGGDyXXAgb3YbBlcG6WA/

Could it be that Maximo Altez will be defending Joran against the extortion charge?  Eleven months ago this was the intent but ... again that was eleven months ago.

Janet

+++++

Lawyer to request release of Joran van der Sloot
Published on 23 May 2011 - 9:28pm

If the trial of Dutchman Joran van der Sloot in Peru has not begun within six months, his lawyer Máximo Altez will submit a request for his client to await trial outside prison according to the Dutch press agency ANP.

Joran Van der Sloot was arrested almost a year ago on suspicion of the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores on 30 May 2010.

<snipped>

Mr Altez is also involved in defending his client against accusations in the US that he tried to blackmail Natalee Holloway’s family in exchange for information on where the body was hidden.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/lawyer-request-release-joran-van-der-sloot

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: April 24, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »

Peru approves first step toward extradition of Joran van der Sloot
April 24, 2012

CNN) -- The process to extradite Joran van der Sloot from Peru to the United States to face criminal charges has begun, according to Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney.

Peruvian judges in January sentenced the Dutchman to 28 years in prison for the murder in 2010 of Stephany Flores. He is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway. U.S. authorities want to try van der Sloot on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway case.

According to court documents obtained through Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention. This is the first step in the extradition process between Peru and the United States. The document says a formal extradition request has yet to be submitted, but will follow.

The document names the U.S. Embassy as a party in the proceedings

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: April 24, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »

The lawyer says his client fears extradition because U.S. prisons have a reputation for being "very hard" on inmates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120423/lt-peru-van-der-sloot/
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »

The lawyer says his client fears extradition because U.S. prisons have a reputation for being "very hard" on inmates.

This pleases me!!! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: April 24, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

Listening to Beth Holloway's account of the extortion sting ... why didn't Aruban officials or FBI agents make an immediate arrest ... Aruban officials or FBI agents who were in the same hotel in another room recording the meeting between John Kelly and Joran ... recording the extortion of Beth Holloway ... as it took place.

Janet

Building a Case?

<snipped>

After taking $25,000 in exchange for information that turned out to be false, Kelly said van der Sloot could have been arrested for wire fraud and extortion.

But authorities said that more work needed to be done to build the case and van der Sloot was not only left free, he was allowed to leave Aruba for South America, where he would meet Stephany Flores, the woman he confessed to killing, while participating in a poker.

<snipped>

Kelly and Holloway Hoped

Deadly Connection?
updated 6/11/2010 9:03:58 PM ET

<snipped>

CHRIS HANSEN: Why wasn't he arrested on the spot?

JOHN KELLY: That I don't know.  I mean, I went down there, I did what I was supposed to do. When I got on the plane May 11, I thought it was a done deal.  And he was going to be arrested at some point.  That he'd be talking at some point, and we'd get some closure at some point.

<snipped>

In Aruba, on May 10, attorney John Q. Kelly says he gave Joren van der Sloot $25,000 of Beth Holloway’s money. 

Working with the FBI and Aruban authorities, Kelly and Holloway hoped that van der Sloot would be arrested-- if not for allegedly implicating himself in Natalee’s death then for extortion or wire fraud.

But van der Sloot was not picked up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37650865/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/5/

st

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »

Yes, we do want him in Federal Court here in Alabama.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: April 24, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »

It seems like the sugar Mary Money Train is dry as another one of her projects has milked her dry.  No money for Urine when he comes to the US from his Sugar Momma.   

Also, by February it became clear that Mr. X also defrauded me of a large amount of money. In conclusion, Mr. X left a path of misery behind himself in early 2012, including: Murder, sexual violence, fraud & deceit. So how do I make sense of these events in my life & other’s lives who have been allegedly harmed by Mr. X? Strangely, Mr. X professes to be honorable, patriotic & law abiding. Mr. X rallies against bullying & he advocates for victims of domestic violence. Mr. X holds his dog so gently & yet he was not gentle with me – nor was he gentle with his alleged victim Mr. Roshan. In some of my last few phone conversations with Mr. X -- he talked about the latest sexy music videos & buying some race horses. Mr. X firmly told me to get tough regarding my new poverty.

http://www.countercurrents.org/hamer140312.htm
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »

Yes, we do want him in Federal Court here in Alabama.

I'm happy he is coming ANYWHERE in the USA -- but, I think I would rather have him in the Alabama STATE system than the Federal courts!! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »

In hindsight there are so many areas of our lives where unintentionally our actions and/or failed actions have created unforeseen consequences ... unforesen consequences that have caused us and others untold grief.  It is what we do with what we learn through the experience is what counts from that moment on.

I quiety recite the following words each morning before crawling out of bed to begin a new day.  It does help.

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference

Janet

+++++

I Feel Such Regret

Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 31
:  Clutching both portraits, Jug and I drive to the private hangar at the far side of the Birmingham airport.  On the way I contact Cingular Wireless and have international calling activated on my cell.  I activate Natalee's too.  If she has hers with her, she can call me now.  If she had had international calling last night, she could have called someone for help.  Why didn't we do this before she left?  I feel such regret.

THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

Sunny Tillman

<snipped>   

When asked what main message she and Beth wished to convey with this book, Sunny had this to say in response, “The preface says it all.”

“Messages of personal safety, travel safety, and strength of faith are clear in “Loving Natalee.” It’s about hope. It’s about rising from victim to victor. It’s the story of one woman’s courage to fight for her daughter. Every parent and every young adult must read the book.”

Beth Holloway now travels and gives safety speeches in an effort to help others and educate people on the reality of her situation. With this work, she hopes to help prevent the experience with Natalee from happening to another family.

If you are interested in learning more about Loving Natalee, please visit this web site.

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

https://one.fsu.edu/community/Page.aspx?pid=2212&srctid=1&erid=3719399

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:38 PM »

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: April 24, 2012, 10:32:34 PM »

Well................. one thing we DO know............ Joran aint goin' to the Netherlands any time soon. 

Well................. there could be one exception to that........unless he's in a wooden box.  Being in a Peruvian prison, anything could happen. 
I'll make an exception IF he goes in a wooden box!!! 

That's about the only way he will ever go to either place.  I believe extortion on that level carries something like a 25 year sentence.  We looked it up at the time but I can't recall exactly.  Much like other federal crimes such as robbing an armored car, the sentence is quite hefty and I don't think there are early outs for federal crimes the way there are for state ones sometimes.

Joran's not likely to ever see another day of freedom in his miserable life.

And there is one federal prison where the inmates don't even see another human being--totally automated and total solitary confinement.  That's what happens when you break the rules in federal prisons.

But I hope Joran serves any time here regionally where the other inmates will take a personal interest in making him feel "welcomed" or something like that.  And he won't be the biggest kid on the cell block either.  That alone will be wonderful to know he can't intimidate any more.  But rather he will be intimidated upon. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.