March 28, 2024, 11:23:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. Profit or Mr. Debt?  (Read 1374 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 19, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »

Mr. Profit?  Romney?

"Bain Capital Saved America
In the 1980s, the resilient U.S. economy saved itself from becoming Europe. Bain was part of the rescue. "

Not only did Bain Capital save America, but no matter what turn Mitt Romney's political career takes, Bain Capital may stand as the best of Mr. Romney's lifetime contributions to the nation's economic well-being. If only he'd tell the story.

We are of course putting forth "Bain Capital" as not merely the Romney private-equity house but as the stand-in for the period of American economic history that ran from 1980 to 1989. Back then it was called the Greed Decade, with asset-stripping barbarians at the gate. Virtually everything about this popular stereotype is wrong. Properly understood, the 1980s, including Bain, were the remarkable years when an ever-resilient America found a way to save itself from becoming what Europe is now—a global has-been.

Mr. Romney's answer appears to be that voters want to keep hearing about him and his management résumé. Voters don't want one man's story. They want someone who understands how the next 10 years can produce an American economy that offers the opportunities for them that the 1980s produced for Mitt Romney.

read more here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204555904577169032997242246.html

Romney building the future for all Americans?

Why is it that Romney doesn't see his $360,000 or so in speaking as a large amount, donated to charity?

What of Mr. Debt and doom?  Why doesn't he see the TRILLIONS he's spent as a bad thing?  TRILLIONS in debt as bad?  Seemed to think it's ok as America's president that he wastes/destroys jobs via his green energy 'investments'?  Seems casual as he tells America that sometimes you lose...I'll just spread around some Obamacash...

Mr. Profit/Prosperity?  Or Mr. Debt and Doom?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

I keep hearing that Obama has already spent the budget for 2013 & 2014 and he hasn't slowed down...

What does that mean?

Obama (and Timmy Geithner) seem to put Grandma on the bottom of the payment list every time the debt ceiling debate happens.

Where exactly is that money going?  How can he have blown through 6 years of money already?  Who got all that money?  Who was more important than Grandma?

Hmmm...Solyndra, other energy companies ($$$ passthroughs, bad deals, debt), stoves for poor people, illegal aliens?

Why is grandma at the end of the line?

What about Uncle Ben?  $16 TRILLION to foreigners, foreign banks, all those account holders?  Why are they in line at all?  How many retired and saving people in America watch as their savings and investments are losing value and Uncle Ben keeps giving?

When does the spending come to an end?

Where will the money come from to pay the bills 2013 - 2016?  Hyperinflation?  National bankruptcy?

Obama turns down reliable energy for what?  Bankrupt solar?

Obama wants families to bankrupt themselves in search of heating oil?  Gas? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »

Good topic.  I was just studying the increase of the National Debt under Obama and was shocked at the figures.

Bush took on a $5.6T debt and increased it to $10.7T by the end of his 8 years.  Obama took on the $10.7T and increased it to $15.1T by the end of 2011 (just 3 short years).

If it is true that Obama has spent the 2012,2013 & 2014 budgets already, then it seems he really is on the verge of bankrupting the USA.  I wonder if he realizes that a bankrupt fed gov't won't be able to pay his POTUS pensions & perks OR his Congressional pensions & perks.  Maybe he doesn't care. Bite my tongue, but I hope Obama isn't funneling US moneys into his own foreign bank account hidden under layers of dummy corps or even worse into Muslim (what I have heard) hands.

I've never felt that my life was worse off after a presidential term, until now.  He's meddled in every aspect of life, and left it worse off in my opinion. God help us now!

jmo for now

Challapalca him!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.