March 28, 2024, 08:36:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ann Coulter  (Read 6069 times)
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« on: June 27, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »

Has she no shame?Comments about a dead teen are wrong.I try to stay away from most politics,but she is an Ass bite
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

Despite all that Ann Coulter has written and spoken about, I do like her very much. I'm trying to grow my hair as long as hers. It's a challenge as her hair is thick and mine is thin.

What did she say about a dead teen? I have not heard it yet.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:59:03 AM »

Here is the film clip so judge for yourselves.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2258.html

Caption beneath says:

As Chris Matthews and Elizabeth Edwards set out to destroy Ann Coulter for a seemingly inexcusable comment, what did the blonde firebrand really say on Good Morning America, and in what context? See for yourself. [Hint: She was making a point about Bill Maher and others who make similar comments to no mainstream media scrutiny whatsoever.] And why is this crucial context conspicuously cut out of all MSM excerpts of the interview?  

While I wish Ann would avoid the most extreme of her comments, they still fall far short of those made by liberal commentators such as wishing Vice President Cheney would have been killed by a terrorist, etc.  In the future, maybe she will only wish this about the Edwards instead of anything they can attempt to use to raise money as they have done yet again since her second remark about John Edwards.  And the things said by the left about Bush are not even in the same league as her comments which pale by comparison.

One of those rabid "investigators" in congress actually suggested recently an investigation of the Bush twins!  I was so hoping when they reached legal drinking age, that fascination with them would go away as they seem like a couple of normal kids to me.

I have read most of her books and agree with probably 90 percent of what she says.  It is just difficult for me to be offended given the low standard set by the left in the current political climate.  If they don't want to play in the gutter, they shouldn't have gone there.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 08:42:35 AM »

Anna ~ nice job!  Wish I could put my thoughts together as well as you.      
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:48:09 AM »

Deleted by Mrs. - it was my comment, I forgot to log Red out Embarassed
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »

I was going to agree with you ANNA, Ann's remarks are extreme but so are the ones made against Republicans. I personally am SICK of my hard earned tax dollars going to these endless damn witch hunts as well...

but I found this article interesting...

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070628/NEWS81/70628011

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 03:04:57 PM »

I don't like any of the remarks,but the ones about making money off dead children,sounded a little arubanese
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »

I usually agree with Ann on alot of things, and admire her outspokeness, but like Tiger, I think she went over the line on those recent comments.  She does not need to lower herself to others levels, (something I've always told my children as they grew up)

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:08:38 PM »

Dear Anna,

My machine won't let me see film clips so I have no idea what she said. Can you kindly tell me what she said that is causing all the fuss? What did she say about John Edwards? I'm lost here because I don't know what was said.

One thing I'm sure of is that Chris Matthews and Elizabeth Edwards will never in a million years bring down Ann Coulter.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:16:15 PM »

Here is an article Ann wrote today that pretty well explains her side of this event.  Personally, I think it is Edwars who is the shameless one and there is nothing wrong with calling these politicians when they use these kinds of personal experiences in this manner.  Repeatedly, at that.  I find that much more disgusting than another person commenting on their doing so and then turning around and trying to quote her out of context and use it for more money grubbing.  Disgusting to say the least of the Edwards.

JMO

That Was No Lady -- That Was My Husband
by Ann Coulter (more by this author)
Posted 06/28/2007 ET
Updated 06/28/2007 ET

The Edwards campaign is apparently still running low on donations, so this week they went back to their top fundraiser: me.

I doubled the ratings of the lowest-rated cable news show on Tuesday by agreeing to go on for a full hour to promote my new paperback version of "Godless" -- a mistake I won't make again. As I was walking to the set, minutes before airtime, it was casually mentioned to me that Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, might call in.

For the first time in recorded history, the show's host did not interrupt a guest, but let Elizabeth Edwards ramble on and on, allowing her to browbeat me for being mean to her husband.

Say, did any TV host ever surprise Al Franken, Bill Maher or Arianna Huffington with a call by the wife of someone they've made nasty remarks about? How about a call to John Edwards from the wife of a doctor he bankrupted with his junk-science lawsuits?

I think I may have tuned out at some point, so I can only speak to the first 45 minutes of Elizabeth Edwards' harangue, but it mostly consisted of utterly dishonest renditions of things I had said on my "Good Morning America" interview this week and a column I wrote four years ago. (You can't rush Edwards' "rapid response team"!) She claimed I had launched unprovoked attacks on the Edwards' dead son and called for a terrorist attack on her husband.

These are bald-faced lies, and the mainstream media knows they are lies. Yet they were repeated ad nauseam on Wednesday by The Associated Press, the AOL pop-up window, CNN, NBC and -- stunningly -- the host of the lowest-rated cable show himself, who personally told me he knew the truth.

So for those of you who haven't read any of my five best-selling books: Liberals are driven by Satan and lie constantly.

Here is my full sentence on "Good Morning America," which the media deceptively truncated, referring to a joke I told about Edwards six months ago that made liberals cry: "But about the same time, you know, Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack -- so I've learned my lesson: If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

The usual nut Web sites posted a zillion denunciations of my appearance on "Good Morning America" immediately after I appeared Monday morning. But it didn't occur to any of them to simply lie about what I had said. No, it took them nearly 36 hours to concoct a version of that quote that included the Edwards part, but not the Maher part, or what English language speakers call: "the point."

By tomorrow it will be: "Ann Coulter tried to kill John Edwards on 'Good Morning America'!"

Judging by his fundraising efforts so far, I gather most of you don't know who John Edwards is -- unless you're an overpriced hair dresser. He's the trial lawyer who pretended in court to channel the spirit of a handicapped fetus in front of illiterate jurors to scam tens of millions of dollars off of innocent doctors. According to The New York Times, Edwards told one jury: "She speaks to you through me ... And I have to tell you right now -- I didn't plan to talk about this -- right now I feel her. I feel her presence. She's inside me, and she's talking to you."

Let me also quote from campaign consultant Bob Shrum's book "No Excuses":

"(Kerry) was even queasier about Edwards after they met. Edwards had told Kerry he was going to share a story with him that he'd never told anyone else -- that after his son Wade had been killed, he climbed onto the slab at the funeral home, laid there and hugged his body, and promised that he'd do all he could to make life better for people, to live up to Wade's ideals of service. Kerry was stunned, not moved, because, as he told me later, Edwards had recounted the same exact story to him, almost in the exact same words, a year or two before -- and with the same preface, that he'd never shared the memory with anyone else. Kerry said he found it chilling, and he decided he couldn't pick Edwards unless he met with him again."

Apparently every time Edwards began a story about his dead son with "I've never told anyone this before," everyone on the campaign could lip-sync the story with him.

As a commentator, I bring facts like these to the attention of the American people in a lively way. Thus, for example, in a column about the Democratic candidates for president written in 2003, I pointed out that the Democrats refused to discuss the economy or the war, but had recently "discovered a surprise campaign issue: It turns out that several of them have had a death in the family."

Among several examples of Democrats talking about a death in the family on the campaign trail was this one:

John Edwards injects his son's fatal car accident into his campaign by demanding that everyone notice how he refuses to inject his son's fatal car accident into his campaign.

Edwards has talked about his son's death in a 1996 car accident on "Good Morning America," in dozens of profiles and in his new book. ("It was and is the most important fact of my life.") His 1998 Senate campaign ads featured film footage of Edwards at a learning lab he founded in honor of his son, titled "The Wade Edwards Learning Lab." He wears his son's Outward Bound pin on his suit lapel. He was going to wear it on his sleeve, until someone suggested that might be a little too "on the nose."

If you want points for not using your son's death politically, don't you have to take down all those "Ask me about my son's death in a horrific car accident" bumper stickers? Edwards is like a politician who keeps announcing that he will not use his opponent's criminal record for partisan political advantage.

Manifestly, I was not making fun of their son's death; I was making fun of John Edwards' incredibly creepy habit of invoking his son's tragic death to advance his political career -- a practice so repellant, it even made John Kerry queasy.

I'm a little tired of losers trying to raise campaign cash or TV ratings off of my coattails, particularly when they use their afflictions or bereavement schedules to try to silence the opposition. From now on, I'm attacking only serious presidential candidates, like Dennis Kucinich.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21345

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

I do completely agree that ANN COULTER is usually taken out of context.  I also have heard rumblings from others about the Edward's use of tragedy to further his agenda.

I don't think she in any way impunged their son...I personally read her to say that what the Edwards do in using their son was as wrong as what Cindy Sheehan did in using her son.

JMHO.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 08:32:03 PM »

I think that no matter what Ann Coulter or Elizabeth Edwards said, John Edwards is dead as a candidate.

I'm really upset that John Edwards COULD HAVE BEEN THE VICE PRESIDENT if Kerry had been elected.

Thank God for all of you who keep me on my toes and feed info into my brain.

BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »

I'll tell you what infuriated me--when Chris Matthews went on the Today Show and stated that Coulter's books were read by "relatively boring guys."

Who is he to say who can read what book and whether or not that makes a person interesting or boring? Educated people read to inform themselves about BOTH sides (something you'll never see on the Today Show, which only presents one side and does it in such a subversively friendly manner--smiles, lattes, diet tips, and snide little comments about "boring" conservatives).

I think Ann Coulter is sometimes funny and often out of line...but I was so upset by Matthews making such a catty little comment about those who read her books. (And, just to be clear, I've never read one...but I'm not opposed).

I guess I like all books and all people who read books--any books. People who read can never be boring.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »

Quote from: "BlueKYGirl"
I'll tell you what infuriated me--when Chris Matthews went on the Today Show and stated that Coulter's books were read by "relatively boring guys."

Who is he to say who can read what book and whether or not that makes a person interesting or boring? Educated people read to inform themselves about BOTH sides (something you'll never see on the Today Show, which only presents one side and does it in such a subversively friendly manner--smiles, lattes, diet tips, and snide little comments about "boring" conservatives).

I think Ann Coulter is sometimes funny and often out of line...but I was so upset by Matthews making such a catty little comment about those who read her books. (And, just to be clear, I've never read one...but I'm not opposed).

I guess I like all books and all people who read books--any books. People who read can never be boring.

I have read her books and Al Franken's books... and let me just say... Al Franken is actually a LOT meaner... and he can't go too far with out using the F bomb, which shows a lack of expression, to me.

I am one of those crazy people that reads everything and both sides of it at that!!  Chris Matthews is a jerk...

BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 10:52:04 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "BlueKYGirl"

I have read her books and Al Franken's books... and let me just say... Al Franken is actually a LOT meaner... and he can't go too far with out using the F bomb, which shows a lack of expression, to me.

I am one of those crazy people that reads everything and both sides of it at that!!  Chris Matthews is a jerk...

I read everything, too--and I love others who expose themselves to all points of view. What a great comparison between Al Franken and Ann Coulter--they truly are the same type of figure on completely different political sides. I too can attest to Franken's meanness in his books...perhaps I should go pick up a copy of Coulter's "Godless" for comparison of who's meaner! Thanks for the tip.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 08:36:21 AM »

Since most TV media is slanted heavily to the left, of course anything Ann Coulter says is going to be taken totally out of context and twisted to suit their agenda which is to promote the liberal candidates for the upcoming election.

The Fairness Doctrine they are trying to revive was from the 1920's when there was ONLY radio, no TV and certainly no internet.  I have to wonder about people who can't compete in the marketplace as conservatives have to do and want to demand a time share on talk radio.  You can bet all those liberal commentators and pundits are not going to give a fair shake to any conservative on TV so now they want radio as well?

And I am sure they will be at it again today and until they come up with something else to vilify conservatives.  This same location does make accusations against VP Cheney and also puts words in his mouth that he did not say just the same way it is done with Coulter.

But for Edwards to creep out John Kerry over his son, well, that's got to be pretty creepy!  And using their children to get votes at all the way the Edwards have always done is just plain tacky.  Having his wife call Ann Coulter while she is on a morning show is also--what's that word again?  Sissy?  Guess they were hoping to play up her breast cancer and make headlines about Ann Coulter picking on a cancer victim when it was Elizabeth Edwards doing the ambush calling in the first place!  That John is a real man!  Using a dead child and a sick wife to get votes!  Guess the only thing he does well is bankrupt small hospitals and physicians and drive up the cost of health care for us all.

He sure got rich himself doing just that.  I wonder how his clients fared.  Would venture not nearly as well as John himself did from the looks of their lifestyle.

Check out the response to their twisting Coulter's words yet again.  Go here for the rest of the articles:

http://www.mrc.org:80/archive/cyber/welcome.asp

1.  Morning Shows Invite Edwards to Continue Raging Against Coulter
All three broadcast network morning shows on Thursday featured Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, to let her continue her campaign against conservative columnist and author Ann Coulter, and all three programs seemed to agree with Edwards' indictment of Coulter's conservative rhetoric. On NBC, David Gregory complained that "this whole episode, I think, is a reminder to a lot of people about why they don't like politics." Over on ABC, fill-in host Chris Cuomo suggested Edwards had lowered herself by even talking with Coulter: "You decided to get involved with someone who is a professional provocateur....Why decide to call in and go toe-to-toe with someone like Ann Coulter?"

2. ABC Links Edwards Call to Fundraising; Nightly News Twists Quote
On Wednesday evening, ABC's World News with Charles Gibson and the NBC Nightly News both covered the Elizabeth Edwards/Ann Coulter controversy, noting that the Edwards campaign has eagerly used their run-ins with Coulter to raise campaign money. ABC's Jake Tapper relayed the Edwards campaign's success at raising "Coulter cash." NBC's David Gregory quoted only a fragment of a remark Coulter made on Tuesday, making it seem as if she actually hopes John Edwards will be "killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

3. ABC Overnight Anchors Take Shots at Coulter; 'The Bitch Is Back'
ABC's overnight World News Now co-anchors Taina Hernandez and Ryan Owens took some nasty swipes early Thursday morning at conservative columnist Ann Coulter, suggesting an "Ann Coulter blackout" or a "skinny death match" between Coulter and celebrity convict Paris Hilton. At the end of Owens and Hernandez's exchange, and as the weather report began, someone in the control room at ABC queued-up Elton John's "The Bitch Is Back."

PERSONA NON GRATA

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »

I do find it utterly amazing how Chris Matthews allowed Elizabeth Edwards the ability to phone in and harraunge Ann Coulter without informing Ann Coulter that she would be calling...

the media, quite frankly has lost their collective minds!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »

Shocked I stand corrected. I honestly thought I heard the whole story, but after reading the article Anna posted from Ann, and doing more followup, I obviously didn't 'get' the whole story.  

I too like to read.  I try to read books of of varying views, including those I oppose, such as Franken, for example.  But I do have a hard time spending the money and helping them profit from the very views I completely disagree.  So, if I can 'borrow' it, I will, but refuse to give money to people I dislike.  Just like, I would NEVER spend a penny on a Michael Moore movie, not even out of curiosity!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 12:45:15 AM »

Di... I am ALL about the library Wink  Laughing  Laughing

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Di... I am ALL about the library Wink  Laughing  Laughing

True!  Embarassed   I just never get there!  I need to make a point of it!  Laughing

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.