March 19, 2024, 03:31:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transcripts  (Read 8366 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »

Please post transcripts for Jennifer Kesse's case here.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »

I've snipped the transcripts to exclude anything other than the Jennifer Kesse Case Discussion.  MB

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/04/ijvm.01.html
ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Alleged Mistress Telling Tales about Tiger; Gray Wolf in Danger After Protections Removed
Aired December 4, 2009 - 19:00:00   ET

::snipping2::
And disturbing new twists and turns in the search for Jennifer Kesse. This beautiful woman vanished without a trace nearly four years ago. Police have no real leads and virtually no suspects. Today, a man accused of posting a video on YouTube confessing to the murder has his day in court. Is he a total hoaxster? And how will this affect the case?

Tonight in an ISSUES exclusive, we`ll go one-on-one with Jennifer`s distraught parents as they continue their desperate search for their precious daughter.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Two parents refusing to give up hope. What happened to Jennifer Kesse? She vanished. We`re going to talk exclusively to the parents.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It was straight out of a horror movie. A man claims to be a brutal murderer posting a bone-chilling video on YouTube entitled "Confessions of a Serial Killer. His face is blurred, his voice disguised. He calls himself the "Catch Me Killer".

Take a look at the disturbing YouTube video from MyFoxOrlando.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Whenever one body is found another clue is on and gives you just one small step closer to who I am and where I am.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The "Catch Me Killer" tells viewers, "Play my game and solve my puzzles and I`ll lead you to 16 bodies one by one." He claimed one of his victims was a case we`ve covered heavily here on ISSUES.

Beautiful 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse vanished from her Orlando, Florida apartment nearly four years ago. Cops say this creep even reached out to Jennifer`s distraught parents on her Internet page with a comment, "Maybe I can help."

Then investigators discovered it was all a sick hoax. The man behind the proverbial mask was this sicko, Andrew Scott Haley. He was indicted for tampering with evidence and making false statements. Today, he is in a Georgia courtroom.

Disgusting.
Joining me tonight: Drew and Joyce Kesse, Jennifer Kesse`s parents; thank you again so much for joining us. My heart is with you. We want to keep your daughter`s case alive.

Drew, this has got to be so painful. How did you find out about this hideous hoax and what impact did it have on you emotionally given that it might have given you false hope even for just a few moments?

DREW KESSE, MISSING WOMAN`S FATHER: Sure. When we first found out from a volunteer, we do have -- there`s about a dozen YouTubes on YouTube about Jennifer, none of which we made up. People just made up. And you can make comments on any of the videos. We were advised of it, went on and simply asked him, "How can you help?" And then he went into his game.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jennifer vanished without a trace. Police believe she disappeared from her Orlando area apartment in the morning before she left for work.

Police have two big clues. This surveillance tape shows somebody driving Jennifer`s car after she went missing. The mystery man leaves her car in the parking lot of a condo complex about a mile away from where Jennifer disappeared.

And then here is the suspect, they actually have the suspect on camera, believe it or not. The man was caught on surveillance camera a second time walking past this gate from the apartment complex. This is a huge clue. Unfortunately, his face is blocked by the post, as you see, and it`s out of focus.

Police believe on Tuesday morning, January 24th, Jennifer showered; she got ready for work but never made it to her job. Police describe the area where her car was abandoned as a drug area.

So Drew, have there been any leads involving this man who was caught on surveillance tape? What do you think happened?

KESSE: There have been leads on the person. In fact, at one point, we thought we actually had found that -- well, police thought they had found that person but it was not the exact person, it turned out.

When you see that, you say ok, we`re going to find this person now. I mean, you can`t just hide; someone`s got to know in broad daylight. However, over three years and ten months plus later, we have found that that is the hardest thing in conjunction with finding Jennifer.

There`s two people that have just simply vanished and it can happen that way.

As part of the sick hoax, the "Catch Me Killer" also claimed to have murdered Tara Grinstead...

JOYCE KESSE, MISSING WOMAN`S MOTHER: Correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The 30-year-old teacher and former beauty queen mysteriously vanished from Georgia three years ago. "Catch Me Killer`s" first fake clue on his site was about Tara`s disappearance. He claimed to have slit her throat. What a sicko.

There were few clues in Tara`s case. The one that stood out the most was a single latex glove found on her front lawn.

Let me ask you this, Joyce. Tara`s case has no new leads. Your case has not gotten any new leads recently. You both have become advocates for missing persons. How are you keeping this case alive with no new leads?

J. KESSE: You know what, for the love of your child; pure and simple. It`s the love that we have for Jennifer. It`s the love that Tara`s parents have that how can you as a parent not fight hard as hell to find your child.

D. KESSE: Also, Jane, if I may say, leads are still coming in every week. We had one yesterday that was incredible, if you ask me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What was it?

D. KESSE: Well, it was a young lady that called in and honestly, Joyce doesn`t even know this because the police took over on it, but a young lady called in and said that she was with a gentleman that she knew, that knew something about Jennifer`s taking. That he had seen her with two men the day of. And once they started speaking about her case again, he went to her picture and said that is the young lady I saw with these two men.

So they`re checking that out. Those are the things that seem to come in...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What are police doing about that lead?

D. KESSE: I wish I knew. We`ll find out when that`s all over. I don`t know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Shouldn`t they keep you posted?

Joyce, I mean, given the fact that you`re in agony, I think about you two often, because we have covered your case so many times. And I think they`re still there waiting for their daughter, day in, day out. How do you -- it`s mind-boggling to me. It`s overwhelming for me to even think about it.

J. KESSE: It`s overwhelming, honestly, to live this journey, but you know, what`s the alternative? Forget Jen? That`s not an option.

I just, you know, completely appreciate, Jane, your support this evening in wanting to help let people know Jennifer is still out there. She needs to be found. And you know what, we had said we`re never going away. We both have big mouths, we know how to use them, and we will do everything within our power to give her the best chance of being found.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You know, there`s a war on women in this country.

J. KESSE: Oh, absolutely.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This is an absolutely perfect example of it. Here on ISSUES we talk over and over again about this war on women, that we all live with psychological burqas.

Here`s a beautiful young woman doing her job, never getting in trouble, getting ready to go to work, getting dressed to go to work, and disappears. You can`t say she was out partying, you can`t say she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was doing exactly what she was supposed to do as a citizen, and yet, she was abducted.

This is the war on women and it has to stop, and I pray that this case certainly, the tragedy and the horror that this case is, is not in vain. That we as a society wake up and realize we need some huge changes in how we conduct not just our criminal justice system, our education system, everything. It`s all intertwined.

D. KESSE: Yes. Absolutely.

J. KESSE: Absolutely.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ve got to do something about it.

J. KESSE: We really do.

D. KESSE: It does start, Jane, at the family. The family is so important with this and the children have to learn very young, and that`s what it`s going to take. It`s going to take a couple generations at least to turn the tide.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: If we start now.

The only substantial lead that has panned out thus far in Jennifer`s case is a possible connection between Jennifer`s disappearance and the disappearance of another Florida girl, Tracy Ocasio.

Now this man, James Hataway, has not been charged in that case but he was allegedly seen leaving a bar with Tracy right before she disappeared. Hataway`s ex-girlfriends told detectives he had a morbid interest in vampires, cannibalism, serial murderers. Hearing these details terrified Tracy`s distraught mom.

Listen to this.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ELIZABETH OCASIO, MOTHER OF MISSING GIRL: I hope she didn`t suffer but with the way things are going and the more we learn about him, I don`t know if that is true or not.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police say Hataway is a suspect in Tracy`s case but he has not been charged. So Drew, is there any kind of a connection, because Jennifer worked near where Hataway lives.

D. KESSE: You know, yes, there`s connections. There`s three or four of them, where he worked. He actually, the Taproom was actually two properties away from where Jennifer used to live two months beforehand. I have said many times, I have been in the Taproom myself handing out flyers. I believe he was from Tampa area at one point also, which is where Jennifer grew up. Yes, there are some commonalities there.

But we have to wait. He`s a bad guy.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I pray, I pray that we get a break in this case. We`re not going to let it go. We`re staying on top of it.

J. KESSE: And thank you. Thank you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Thank you.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »

I've snipped the transcript to exclude anything other than Jennifer Kesse's case.  MB

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.02.html
NANCY GRACE
Jennifer Kesse Disappears
Aired January 19, 2011 - 21:00:00   ET

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just a beautiful, caring, thoughtful, kind person. Has a lot going for her. Has always been someone to reach for the stars. And, for the most part, she`s always grabbed hold of them.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Twenty-four-year-old Jennifer Kesse was headed for a bright future. She had just purchased her first home, and she was in love. On January 24, 2006, the bright light on her future dimmed.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This whole thing has just been one hellish nightmare.

GRACE: Kesse speaks to her boyfriend over the phone, for the last time, the night before she disappears. She tells him she is going to bed. The next day, friends and family are concerned when the financial analyst does not answer calls or texts. That concern only turns to terror when Kesse fails to show up for a meeting at work.

ROB, BOYFRIEND (voice over): Every day would either call me just to say good morning, have a great day, or just text me to wish me to, you know, have a good day, love you, that type of thing. And when I didn`t receive it Tuesday morning, I thought it was odd.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My personal gut feeling is she got ready to go to work, as normal, and as soon as that condominium door closed, I don`t know what happened from that point. That`s where I think it started to happen.

GRACE: Within just four hours, the young beauty is reported missing. For two days, there were no clues until Kesse`s black Chevy Malibu was found about a mile away from her home.

JOYCE KESSE: She was abducted Tuesday. The car was found Thursday about a mile from her condominium complex in an area of town that, honestly, she would never go to. There was no sign of trauma in the vehicle whatsoever.

GRACE: Grainy black-and-white surveillance video of what appears to be a man may be the best lead police have to find Jennifer Kesse.

DREW KESSE: It is our flesh and blood. We love her. Someone has taken her from us, and we want her back, now.

JOYCE KESSE: Now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: Every day 2,300 people go missing in America, disappear, vanish, their families left waiting, wondering, hoping, but never forgetting. And neither have we. Fifty people, 50 days. For 50 nights we go live, spotlighting America`s missing children, girls, boys, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandparents. They`re gone. But where? Tonight, Jennifer Kesse, brilliant, beautiful.

The 24-year-old Florida beauty, a financial analyst, vanishes just after a Caribbean vacation with her boyfriend. Back at work that Monday morning. The next Monday -- the next morning, Jennifer is gone. She`s reported missing after she fails to show up to work. No forced entry or struggle in her new condo. The shower actually still wet. But her purse, her keys, her cell phone, iPod missing. Her car found days later, dumped at another apartment complex a mile away. Still, no sign of a struggle. Jennifer`s purse never found. Cell phone, credit cards, never used. The FBI steps in but, still, can`t crack the case.

Tonight, Jennifer`s parents with us live, begging for someone, anyone to come forward and help bring their girl home. Straight out to Drew Petrimoulx with WDPO Radio. Drew, what is the latest in the Jennifer Kesse case?

DREW PETIMOULX, WDPO RADIO: Well, in about June of last year, the FBI got involved with this case. They agreed to review the evidence that the Orlando Police Department had detected. Later on in the year, Jennifer Kesse`s dad and brother were brought in for questioning. The brother was actually given a lie detector test. The father was going to be given a lie detector test but wasn`t. Basically, the FBI reviewed what OPD had and said they really couldn`t further the case any further on their end.

GRACE: You know, I don`t understand why the brother and the father would have been given a lie detector test.

PETIMOULX: It was strange. You know, when the FBI came in, they really wanted a complete review of the case, apparently. I remember hearing from Drew Kesse, who was Jennifer`s father, and he did think it was strange, but, again, the FBI, kind of, operates a little bit differently than local law enforcement. So, it was something that they thought that they wanted to do.

Again, they did give a lie detector to the brother, but they ended up not actually giving the lie detector to the father. So, it`s hard to say exactly what the FBI was doing with their -- when they took over -- took a look at the investigation.

GRACE: With us tonight, Jennifer`s parents, Joyce and Drew Kesse. Joining us out of Tampa, Florida. We`ll get to the lie detector later. Again, we are taking your calls. Out to Mickey in Texas. Hi, Mickey.

MICKI (via telephone): Hi, Nancy. It`s great to talk to you, again.

GRACE: Likewise.

ICKI: Congratulations on the twins. Thank you for sharing them with us. I have a question about her boyfriend. My question was going to be, did she have a boyfriend, and, then, I found out, yes, she did have a boyfriend. What was their relationship like between her and her boyfriend?

GRACE: You know, to my understanding, it was very good. They had just come back from a long weekend vacation to the Caribbean. I don`t believe they lived in the same area. I know they didn`t live together. What do we know, Jean Casarez?

JEAN CASAREZ: They did live in a separate area, because Jennifer lived in the Orlando area. He lived in the Fort Lauderdale area. But he is the last person to have ever heard her voice because he spoke with her at 10:00 in the evening, and that was the last time anyone heard of her.

GRACE: And, normally, he said she always texted him, e-mailed him, called him, something every morning to say have a great day, I love you. And it didn`t happen that morning.

CASAREZ: That`s right. And, coupled with that, she didn`t show up at work on January 24th, and that`s when it all began to unravel that she was gone.

GRACE: And what I find significant about this timeline is she would normally send the boyfriend a text or something, to my understanding, before she went to work, which means she went missing well before she was due at work, whatever time that was, 8:30 or 9:00, because he didn`t get that morning call.

You know, to Lillian Glass, Dr. Glass, psychologist and author joining us out of L.A. You know, people are creatures of habit, typically. I mean, usually every night people will call home to their parents, or they`ll -- if they`re out of town, they`ll call their spouse at a certain time. They do the same things day in, day out. And part of her routine was to call this boyfriend every morning. So, if she didn`t make it that morning, something was wrong.

CASAREZ: Exactly.

GRACE: That early.

CASAREZ: And that was very odd because, again, that`s when he picked up something was not right.

GRACE: But why are we like that? How much can we rely on that? Is that universally true?

CASAREZ: It is pretty much. We are creatures of habit. And, you know, Nancy, in the criminal world how people, oftentimes, return to the scene of the crime, so to speak. So, it does happen, in terms of human behavior. We are creatures of habit, and we do the same things, oftentimes, over and over again.

GRACE: Let`s go out to Jennifer`s parents, joining us out of Tampa. Drew and Joyce Kesse. To both of you, thank you for being with us.

DREW KESSE: Thank you, Nancy.

JOYCE KESSE: No, thank you.

GRACE: First of all, I don`t understand, Mr. Kesse, why the FBI wanted to give you a polygraph. You were established elsewhere at the time of her disappearance. I don`t even really understand that.

DREW KESSE: Once I got done laughing and saying, yes, hook me up, they told me that there was no time left. A polygraph should have been done. I should have really listened to what Marc Klaas had done in his case. And the first thing he did with police is say, hook me up. I never considered myself in the mix of things, to be quite honest with you. So, I didn`t think of that, but that`s the same thing that I told the FBI agent, is this should have been done on day one, not four and a half years later.

GRACE: Well, you know, did you ever think, Mr. Kesse, that as soon as you said, what? OK, sure, hook me up. As soon as you said that, it, kind of like, gets rid of the need to polygraph somebody.

Also, to you, Mrs. Kesse, what more can you tell me about what time, if you know, that she would contact her boyfriend in the morning?

JOYCE KESSE: Well, Jen, typically, left for work between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning. And it was her habit to call Rob when she got in her car. So, as she got in her car and was driving to work is when she would make that good morning call. And, as we know, Rob never received that call.

GRACE: We`re going to go right back to Jennifer Kesse and her parents, but I`m hearing in my ear that we`ve gotten news on a missing 4- year-old out of California. Juliani Cardenas. Stacey Newman, what`s the latest?

STACEY NEWMAN: We`re tracking this amber alert as we speak. This 4- year-old beautiful little boy. Juliani was snatched from the arms of his own grandmother, Nancy, as she was watching him while his mother was at work. The suspect, 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez, he barged his way into the home, Nancy, assaulted the grandmother, pushed her to the ground, and took off with this little boy. Their grandmother listened to this little boy crying, Nancy, as the suspect drove away, kidnapping him in broad daylight.

GRACE: OK. Stacey Newman, what more can you tell me about his disappearance? It`s my understanding that he has tried to get the little boy before, and he has absolutely no blood relation to the little boy.

NEWMAN: Nancy, that same morning, he showed up at the home. The mother told him to leave. He also tried to go to the school to find this little boy. He was sick at home with the grandmother. He was determined, Nancy, to kidnap this little boy.

GRACE: Everybody, we are talking about Juliani Cardenas, he`s only 4 years old. Take a look. The suspect, Jose Esteban Rodriguez, 27, he`s the mother`s ex-boyfriend. Tip line, 209-552-2472, that`s the Santa Fols (ph) County Sheriff`s Department. There is a reward. This man intent on getting the 4-year-old boy. But why, Stacey?

NEWMAN: He was with the mother, Nancy, he wanted to be in this boy`s life. She broke off the relationship. Fast-forward to today, this boy is missing. He`s been kidnapped.

NANCY: INAUDIBLE. He needs me. He misses me. He loves me. More than he loves Jose. He needs to come home. He needs to go to school.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Orlando investigators believe 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse was abducted the night of January 24, 2006, on her way to her job as a financial analyst. Kesse was last heard from when she made a call to her Fort Lauderdale boyfriend the night before she vanishes.

DREW KESSE: Around 10:00 she was in bed. We talked briefly. No problem at all.

GRACE: The next morning, the financial analyst never makes it to work at central Florida investments.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It just looked like she got up and got ready to go to work as any other day she would get up and get ready to go to work, to us.

JOYCE KESSE: There was nothing amiss. You know, typical Jen. Leaving for work, makeup out on the counter, hair dryer.

GRACE: The day she`s reported missing, someone is caught on grainy surveillance video. But without a clear shot of the suspect`s face investigators are having a hard time making a positive ID.

JOYCE KESSE: Search your soul. Show some remorse. Somebody knows something. And that`s all we`re begging for.

GRACE: We are taking your calls tonight. Straight out to a Gail in Florida. Hi, Gail.

GAIL (via telephone): Hi. I was just wondering if it`s possible that somebody from the ship that they were on had followed her home.

GRACE: Hmm. What about it, Pat Brown? Pat Brown, criminal profiler, author of "The Profiler," joining us out of D.C.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Well, I, sort of, doubt that because so much time passed between when she got home, and when, apparently, she got ready for work to go out. I believe the person was there at that complex, either living there, visiting somebody there, or working there.

I think the police need to go back to that complex and find out who that person is because they took her car. They didn`t have their own vehicle. And, then, they dumped the car about a mile away, which is very common when someone just needs to get rid of the car, they don`t want to walk too far, but they get rid of the car and then walk on home, or walk back to work.

GRACE: Joining us tonight, Mr. and Mrs. Kesse. Drew and Joyce Kesse, Jennifer`s parents. To you, Joyce Kesse. I seem to recall that there was something about the area where the new condos were. Were there transients and was it a gated community?

JOYCE KESSE: Yes. And just, also, if I might, Nancy, to clarify, Jennifer was not on a cruise. She, actually, flew out of Fort Lauderdale to Puerto Rico, then on to St. Croix. So, the one caller had indicated a cruise. It was not a cruise.

GRACE: Right. I heard that.

JOYCE KESSE: To answer your question, boy --

GRACE: Transients in the area.

JOYCE KESSE: Thank you, transients. It was a gated security-guarded complex. And, yes, they had hired, unfortunately, illegal workers and allowed the illegal workers to live in some of the empty apartments. It was an apartment complex undergoing condo conversion. And, with sadness, Jennifer was one of the first people who closed. So, there were renters living at that same complex, but she had voiced to many people an uneasiness. The workers would stop and stare. They did not make obscene gestures. They didn`t wolf whistle. They made her feel uncomfortable.

DREW KESSE: And, Nancy, in Florida, it`s very common, within a mile of almost any home in Florida, you can have a million dollar home and you can have a $20,000 home. It`s -- where she chose to live was very much the premier property and area of Orlando, up and coming. But, yes, it is -- any place that you see in Orlando that has trees, there`s homeless living in it.

GRACE: So, my question is, then, these immigrants, I`m getting the suggestion that -- were any of them illegal?

DREW KESSE: We not only know that they were illegal immigrants working on property, Nancy, they were, actually, allowed to stay in unused vacant apartments. So, they did not have to pay for rent. They could work late and be there early. And, in fact, the 24th, the morning of the 24th when all this broke loose, probably by the time -- well, by the time we got there, everyone was pretty much vanished, as far as workers are concerned, and a minimal staff showed up the next day. So, there was a lot of illegals. We know that there was a lot of illegals. Police tracked illegal workers that were there. And, in fact, it continued up until about a year ago. They continued -- that complex continued to let illegals work in there.

GRACE: You know, that`s incredible. I want to see that shot again. You just showed it, Liz. One of the last clues we`ve got in the disappearance of this Florida beauty, Jennifer Kesse. Take a look at this guy, walking in front -- that`s in front of her condo, right?

LIZ: No, that`s where her car was dropped off.

GRACE: Where her car -- oh, thank you. Thank you very much. Take a look at that, Marc Klaas. What do you make of it?

MARC KLAAS: Well, it`s a very strong clue. They know it was her car. They know it`s that person. They`ve identified that person as someone between five foot three and five foot five. That, certainly, starts to limit the suspect population. And, hopefully, they`ll be able to continue to enhance those pictures. It will jar somebody`s mind.

GRACE: Right.

KLAAS: Something will come of it.

GRACE: Joining me, right now out of Washington, D.C., Eleanor Odom, felony prosecutor, death penalty qualified. Eleanor, you`ve got so much experience in this area. Weigh in.

ELEANOR ODOM, FELONY PROSECUTOR: Well, Nancy, what`s so important, as someone else just mentioned, the timeline of this case. And it never hurts with a cold case to go over the timeline, in detail, and see what you can figure out from that.

GRACE: You know, what, Eleanor, that`s exactly what we do. Stay with us. Right now profiling Jennifer Kesse. With us live tonight, taking your calls, her parents, Drew and Joyce Kesse. Where is Jennifer? Tip line, 866-838-1153.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: The 24-year-old beauty went missing on January 24, 2006. Kesse speaks to her boyfriend over the phone for the last time the night before she disappears. She tells him she is going to bed. The next day, friends and family are concerned when the financial analyst does not answer calls or texts. Jennifer`s Chevy Malibu was found just two days later only a mile from her apartment complex.

Surveillance video shows what appears to be a mystery man driving Kesse`s car at a nearby condominium complex.

Eleanor`s right. Let`s nail down the timeline. Let`s go through it, Jean Casarez.

CASAREZ: 10:00 p.m., January 23rd, the last time she talks with her boyfriend. A very nice phone call. The next morning, her makeup was found, her pajamas were found. It looks like she spent the night in her apartment. It looks like she left for work. Her brother had stayed in her apartment while she was on vacation. He had some guys over. One of them left a cell phone. So, she had that cell phone. It is believed to be put in a drop box to get to that person. He never, ever received that cell phone. It was never seen again. She did not get to work on that day, January 24th, and she never spoke with her boyfriend, like she usually did, between 7:30 and 8:00.

GRACE: To Jennifer`s father and mother, Drew and Joyce. Drew, tell me the condition of her apartment.

DREW KESSE: Her condition, it was, obviously, brand new. She had just purchased it --

GRACE: I mean that morning. What did it look like? Had she made breakfast? Had she done her hair? What?

DREW KESSE: No. It looked like she slept in her bed. She had two or three outfits laid out on the bed as if she was choosing an outfit to wear. She -- as was stated, the bathroom looked like someone got ready to go to work. The rest of the condo was just perfect. It, honestly, looked like a maid came through. Right down to a full setting -- four-piece setting -- table setting on her ding room table.

Her -- right inside the front door was her luggage that she used on vacation. She just came in and dropped it and went to bed. And, unfortunately -- you know, one thing that I do want to bring up is in the morning at 7:30, every Tuesday, since we actually lived in Jennifer`s condo four times longer than she did, eight months, every Tuesday morning, which she was taken on a Tuesday, we believe, at 7:30, landscapers started to cut the entire complex at her building. And they were told they saw nothing.

GRACE: You know, that is significant. Every Tuesday morning, 7:30 a.m., they come to landscape. And they all say they saw nothing?

JOYCE KESSE: Exactly.

DREW KESSE: Correct. And she, also, had a pedophile living next door that we found out afterwards.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: Vanished into thin air.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Look for her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We just need to find her.

GRACE: So many cases.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re still looking --

GRACE: So few leads.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Missing.

GRACE: Missing person.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s our duty to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Missing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The witness seeing the suspect on the Nancy Grace.

GRACE: There is a God.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The Nancy Grace show was out there for us.

GRACE: Found, alive. 50 people, 50 days. 50 nights. Just don`t give up.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just a beautiful, caring, thoughtful, kind person, has a lot going for her, has always been someone to reach for the stars, and for the most part she`s always grabbed hold of them.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Twenty-four-year-old Jennifer Kesse was headed for a bright future. She had just purchased her first home, and she was in love. On January 24th, 2006, the bright light on her future dimmed.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This whole thing has just been one hellish nightmare.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Kesse speaks to her boyfriend over the phone for the last time the night before she disappears. She tells him she`s going to bed. The next day, friends and family are concerned when the financial analyst does not answer calls or texts. That concern only turns to terror when Kesse fails to show up for a meeting at work.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Every day would either call me just to say good morning, have a great day, or just text me to wish me to, you know, have a good day, love you, that type of thing. And when I didn`t receive it Tuesday morning, I thought it was odd.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My personal gut feeling is she got ready to go to work as normal and as soon as that condominium door closed, I don`t know what happened from that point. That`s where I think it started to happen.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Within just four hours, the young beauty is reported missing. For two days, there were no clues, until Kesse`s black Chevy Malibu was found about a mile away from her home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She was abducted Tuesday. The car was found Thursday about a mile from her condominium complex in an area of town that honestly she would never go to. There was no sign of trauma in the vehicle whatsoever.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Grainy black-and-white surveillance video of what appears to be a man may be the best lead police have to find Jennifer Kesse.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It is our flesh and blood. We love her. Someone has taken her from us. And we want her back. Now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. We`ll be straight back with Jennifer Kesse,  ::snipping2::

BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Twenty-four-year-old financial planner, Jennifer Kesse, vanished from her Orlando home January 24th, 2006. Jennifer had just returned home from a long weekend in the Caribbean but was reported missing when she failed to show up for work the next day. Jennifer`s Chevy Malibu was found just two days later only a mile from her apartment complex.

After conducting an initial search, cops believe she was abducted and released surveillance video of a possible suspect dumping Jennifer`s car. The grainy video shows a suspect between 5`3" and 5`5" parked Jennifer`s car at a condominium complex and walk away.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: It is not beyond the realm of the possible for this case to be solved. To Andrew Scott, former chief of police, Boca Raton, now, president AJS consulting Miami, Florida. Andrew, there`ve been a lot of cases that have been solved when time has elapsed.

ANDREW J. SCOTT, FMR. CHIEF OF POLICE, BOCA RATON, FL: Oh, absolutely. There should be no diminishment of hope in this case just because nothing has been developed over the last 4 1/2 years. A show like this will obviously prompt people`s memories. But even more importantly, that photograph with the new technology could be accurately honed in and the focus changed where they might be able to get a legible picture out and then reproduce that picture to the public.

So, there`s many things that could be going on here including the fact that they`re opening up this case with other investigators and looking at it with fresh eyes. So, I think there is hope in this case.

GRACE: You know, you`re taking a look at this shot that he`s talking about. This was just outside the gate. Her car was found only a mile away. To Eleanor Odom, Doug Burns, and Daniel Horowitz. To you first, Doug Burns, when time passes, will that be held against a suspect or defendant when they finally are found?

DOUG BURNS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, yes, that`s very possible. The thing that strikes me here, it`s interesting, the father said about the illegal workers. Obviously, you don`t want to paint with a broad brush, but the problem is there isn`t a lot of employment paperwork, and that`s a very difficult obstacle.

GRACE: What about it, Daniel Horowitz? As time has passed, is that an aggravating factor to a defendant that may have grabbed her, that he let so much time pass and the family suffer?

DANIEL HOROWITZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Of course. Of course. I mean, people may furious with this person. But I think most importantly here, we have to relook at the facts in terms of who was there, talk to the people. Were people drug addicted in the past and now they`ve cleaned up? Let`s go to the jails around there, the prisons. I think this is a drug-related crime, and I don`t think it`s related to those workers at all.

GRACE: Eleanor Odom.

ELEANOR ODOM, ATTORNEY: You know, cold cases are very sympathetic to juries. Juries are very sympathetic to this, and I think they would find anybody who`s found to be the defendant in this case guilty.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Someone knows something. We`re still looking for Jennifer. All right? Not only this person ought to help us out, but we`re still looking for Jennifer. That`s the main thing here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Orlando police continue to investigate the disappearance of 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse, who authorities believe was abducted from her apartment complex in January 2006.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What we do know is somebody probably knows the person involved or people involved in this case. They just haven`t come forward.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Investigators say Jennifer had a conversation with her boyfriend around 10:00 p.m., January 23rd. When Jennifer failed to show up for work the next day, she was reported missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Whoever has her, do the right thing, as we`ve been saying all the time, and just let her go and be off.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her car found abandoned at an apartment complex just a mile from her own home, but no signs of a struggle in the car.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The longer something goes on, it`s certainly always going to be concerning to the family, and it`s always going to be concerning to us, but, you know, we`re going to always hope and keep our fingers crossed that we can move quickly with what information we get and try to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Investigators hoping for a tip from the public, release grainy surveillance video of a suspect dumping Jennifer`s car the day she was reported missing. Investigators have looked through more than 1,000 leads but have made no arrests. Where is Jennifer Kesse?

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. And joining us tonight, Jennifer`s parents, Drew and Joyce Kesse. Out to the lines, Martha in Mississippi. Hi, Martha.

MARTHA, MISSISSIPPI: Hi, Nancy.

GRACE: Hi, dear. What`s your question?

MARTHA: Well, first of all, you know why I`m so proud of you? Because you realize what the man on Monday quoted, and justice to some is a threat to justice for all by Dr. King. And he meant all. And thank you, Nancy, for honoring Jesus Christ every day, in what you do, in spite of what the critic, who need to stay off your Facebook page has to say.

OK. Now, my question is do the police or FBI show the profile of the young man in the picture to all the immigrants that were there at the time, and if not, can they go back and do so or even go to Mexico and show the picture? Because I really think it needs to be shown in Mexico.

GRACE: You know, that`s an excellent idea. What do we know about that, Drew Kesse?

DREW KESSE, FATHER: As far as going back, as I stated earlier, the next day, probably 3/4 of the work crew was gone. They`d already decided they were taking off to other parts. As far as Mexico is concerned, Mexico does have information about Jennifer. The consulate down there was contacted early in the investigation. And personally, myself, approximately about a year ago, I sat down one Sunday morning and wrote every single consulate that was available at the U.N., both at the U.N. offices as well as their country offices.

So, we have heard from over 60 countries concerning Jennifer. And I would like to say also the photograph that we have of the person who dropped Jennifer`s car off, that was enhanced by NASA as well as Wal-Mart and Target. That is the best we`re going to get. They put cameras up at Jennifer`s place two weeks after she was taken. But the real crux of the situation with Jennifer, and especially, being an adult, Nancy, is first responders.

Our first response from a police officer was she probably had a fight with her boyfriend, she`ll be back, and walked out. And that`s what started it all because she was an adult. We have to rely on our first responders. There`s no room for mistakes when it comes to missing and abducted people. There is no room. Please make that, you know, really clear. And we have been told by Orlando police in meetings as well as with FBI that missteps were made by Orlando police in the first week, and those missteps will never be able to get back.

So, we have to go forward with what we have and don`t have. And it is the first responder in the training. Orlando police had no protocol. They had no policies and procedures to follow at the time. They do now, I think. And it is just incredible that we have gone out and educated ourselves. We know how to find missing people now.

Yet, Orlando Police Department has yet to send any of their officers for training. Our lead detective has not had one class in training of missing people. I`ve been trained by Fox Valley Technical College, which is the leading continuing education technical college for police in the land. And I`m 3/4 of the way through the courses.

GRACE: Even after the Kesse case, that nothing has been done. When you say there`s a lot that they don`t have because they didn`t get it immediately, things like what?

DREW KESSE: Well, I don`t want to go into all of it. It`s not really the time or place --

GRACE: Well, don`t. Don`t. Don`t. If you think it`s going to compromise the investigation, don`t even bring it up.

DREW KESSE: No, the investigation is over. If someone was to call the Orlando Police Department right now, they would not take the lead. They would ask you to call the FBI. The FBI will tell you that they are only reviewing Jennifer`s case and that you should call Orlando Police Department. That is the catch-22 that Jennifer is in right now. Not us. We`re not the hurt ones. You can`t hurt us anymore. It is Jennifer. And --

GRACE: So neither Orlando Police nor the FBI are taking tips?

DREW KESSE: No.

JOYCE KESSE, MOTHER: No. And they won`t make the case --

DREW KESSE: And they asked right to our face, no, do not send any more tips. She is gone. She has vanished. We do not have a clue of where she is. It`s over.

JOYCE KESSE: But they won`t make her case cold, which is very interesting unto itself.

DREW KESSE: They don`t have to share the case if the case is left open and active. Which --

GRACE: Are you talking about the Orlando PD?

JOYCE KESSE: Correct.

DREW KESSE: It is Orlando Police`s case. It has never been the FBI`s case.

GRACE: But they`re not even taking tips?

JOYCE KESSE: No.

DREW KESSE: The FBI has not even looked at the tape of Jennifer`s car being dropped off. Quote unquote --

GRACE: What about it Marc Klaas? What do you make of that?

KLAAS: Well, I make many things of that. Obviously, they`re on their own here. There`s no law enforcement behind them. So, they have to devise strategies to get the media and the public behind them. But as far as this business of training law enforcement on missing persons, you know, there are 25,000 law enforcement agencies in the United States, and in order for all of them to go to Fox Valley Training, it will probably take 100 years.

What I think needs to be done is they need to take the mountain to Mohammed or they need to take Mohammed to the mountain. They need to take the training to the agencies, to the states, and you could then train all of those agencies in a very short amount of time, in probably, just a couple of years. They shouldn`t be sitting on their pedestal waiting for the cops to come to them. They should be going to the cops and doing it that way.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:56:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/17/ng.03.html
NANCY GRACE
Update on Jenniefer Kesse Disappearance
Aired March 17, 2011 - 21:00:00   ET

(VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Vanished into thin air. Look for her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So many cases.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re still looking.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So few links.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Missing person.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It was our duty to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The witness seen the suspect on a Nancy Grace.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There is a God.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Nancy Grace show was out there for us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Found. Alive. 50 people. 50 days. 50 nights.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Don`t give up.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She`s just a beautiful, caring, thoughtful, kind person, has a lot going for her, has always been someone to reach for the stars and, for the most part, she has always grasped all of them.

NANCY GRACE, ANCHOR: 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse was headed for a bright future. She had just purchased her first home and she was in love. On January 24, 2006, the bright light on her future dimmed.

JOYCE KESSE: This whole thing has just been one hellish nightmare.

GRACE: Kesse speaks to her boyfriend over the phone for the last time the night before she disappears. She tells him she is going to bed. The next day, friends and family are concerned when the financial analyst does not answer calls or text. That concern only turns to terror when Kesse fails to show up for a meeting at work.

ROB ALLEN, JENNIFER KESSE`S BOYFRIEND: Every day would either call me just to say good morning, have a great day or just text me to wish me good -- you know, have a good day, love you, that type of thing and when I didn`t receive it Tuesday morning I thought it was odd.

DREW KESSE, JENNIFER KESSE`S FATHER: My personal gut feeling is she got ready to go to work as normal and as soon as that condominium door closed I don`t know what happened from that point. That`s -- that`s where I think it started to happen.

GRACE: Within just four hours the young beauty is reported missing. For two days there were no clues until Kesse`s black Chevy Malibu was found about a mile away from her house.

J. KESSE: She was abducted Tuesday. The car was found Thursday about a mile from her condominium complex in an area of town that, honestly, she would never go to. There was no sign of trauma in the vehicle whatsoever.

GRACE: Grainy black and white surveillance video of what appears to be a man may be the best lead the police have to find Jennifer Kesse.

D. KESSE: It is our flesh and blood. We love her. Someone has taken her from us and we want her back. Now.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Every day 2,300 people go missing in America, disappear, vanish, their families left waiting, wondering, hoping, but never forgetting and neither have we. 50 people, 50 days, for 50 nights we go live, spotlighting America`s missing children, girls, boys, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandparents. They`re gone, but where?

Tonight, Jennifer Kesse, brilliant, beautiful, the 24-year-old Florida beauty, a financial analyst vanishes just after a Caribbean vacation with her boyfriend. Back at work that Monday morning. The next morning Jennifer is gone. She is reported missing after she fails to show up to work. No forced entry or struggle at her new condo. The shower, actually, still wet but her purse, her keys, her cell phone iPod missing. Her car found days later dumped at another apartment complex a mile away, still no sign of a struggle. Jennifer`s purse never found. Cell phone, credit cards never used. The FBI steps in but still can`t crack the case. Tonight, Jennifer`s parents with us live begging for someone, anyone, to come forward and help bring their girl home.

Straight out to Drew Petrimoulx with WDBO radio. Drew, what is the latest in the Jennifer Kesse case?

DREW PETRIMOULX, BROADCASTER, WDBO RADIO: Well, in about June of last year the FBI got involved with this case. A great review of the evidence that Orlando Police Department had detected. Later on in the year, Jennifer Kesse`s dad and brother were brought in for questioning. The brother was actually given a lie detector test. The father was going to be given a lie detector test but wasn`t. Basically, the FBI reviewed what OPD had and said that they really couldn`t further the case any further on their end.

GRACE: You know, I don`t understand why the brother and the father would have been given a lie detector test.

PETRIMOULX: It was strange, you know, when the FBI came in they -- they really wanted a complete review of the case, apparently. I remember hearing from Drew Kesse, who is Jennifer`s father, and he -- he did think it was strange but, again, the FBI kind of operates a little bit differently than local law enforcement so, it was something that they thought they -- they -- that they wanted to do. Again, they did give a lie detector to the brother but ended up not actually giving the lie detector to the father. So, it`s hard to say exactly what the FBI was doing with their -- when they took over a part -- and took a look at the investigation.

GRACE: With us tonight, Jennifer`s parents, Joyce and Drew Kesse, joining us out of Tampa, Florida. We`ll get to the lie detector later. Again, we are taking your calls. Out to Micki in Texas.

MICKI: Hi Nancy, it`s great to talk to you again...

GRACE: Likewise.

MICKI: ...and it was great seeing the twins. Thank you for sharing them with us. I have a question about her boyfriend. My question was going to be did she have a boyfriend and then I found out yes she did have a boyfriend. What was the relationship like between her and her boyfriend?

GRACE: You know, to my understanding, it was very good, they had just come back from a long weekend vacation to the Caribbean. I don`t believe they live in the same area. I know they didn`t live together. What do we know Jean Casarez?

JEAN CASAREZ, CORRESPONDENT, IN SESSION: They did live in a separate area because Jennifer lived in the Orlando area. He lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area but he is the last person to have ever heard her voice because he spoke with her at 10 o`clock in the evening and that was the last time anyone heard of her.

GRACE: And, normally, he -- he said she always texted him, e-mailed him, called him, something every morning to go -- to say have a great day, I love you, and it didn`t happen that morning.

CASAREZ: That`s right and, coupled with that, she didn`t show up at work on January 24th and that`s when it all began to unravel that she was gone.

GRACE: And what I find significant about this timeline is she would normally send the boyfriend a text or something, to my understanding, before she went to work which means she went missing well before she was due at work, whatever time that was 8:30 or 9 o`clock because he didn`t get that morning call and, you know, to Lillian Glass, Dr. Glass, psychologist and author joining us out of L.A., you know, people are creatures of habit, typically.

I mean, usually, every -- every night people will call home to their parents or they`ll -- if they`re out of town they`ll call their spouse at a certain time. They do the same things day in and day out and part of her routine was to call this boyfriend every morning. So, if she didn`t make it that morning something was wrong...

LILLIAN GLASS, PSYCHOLOGIST/AUTHOR: Exactly...

GRACE: ...that early.

GLASS: ...and that was very odd because, again, that`s when he picked up something was not right, because this is ...

GRACE: But why are we like that. How much can we rely on that? Is that universally true?

GLASS: It -- it is pretty much. We are creatures of habit and you know, Nancy, in the criminal world how people oftentimes return to the scene of the crime so to speak. So, it does happen in terms of human behavior. We are creatures of habit and we do the same things oftentimes over and over again.

GRACE: Let`s go out to Jennifer`s parents, joining us out of Tampa, Drew and Joyce Kesse. To both of you, thank you for being with us.

DREW KESSE: Thank you.

JOYCE KESSE: Thank you.

GRACE: First of all, I don`t understand, Mr. Kesse, why the FBI wanted to give you a polygraph. You were established elsewhere at the time of her disappearance. I -- I don`t even really understand that.

D. KESSE: Once I got done laughing and saying, "Yes, hook me up," they told me that there was no time left. A polygraph should have been done. I should have really listened to what Mark Class (ph) had done in his case and the first thing he did with police is say, "Hook me up." I never considered myself in -- in the mix of things, to be quite honest with you so I didn`t think of that. But, that`s the same thing that I told the FBI agent is, this should have been done on day one, not 4-1/2 years later...

GRACE: Well, you know, did you ever think, Mr. Kesse, that as soon as you said, "What, ok, sure, hook me up," as soon as you said that, it kind of like gets rid of the need to polygraph somebody. Also, to you, Mrs. Kesse, what more can you tell me about what time, if you know, that she would contact her boyfriend in the morning.

J. KESSE: Well, Jen typically left for work between 7:30 and 8 in the morning and it was her habit to call Rob when she got in her car. So, as she got in her car and was driving to work is when she would make that good morning call and, as we know, Rob never received that call.

(VIDEO CLIP)

What we do know is somebody probably knows the person involved or people involved in this case, they just haven`t come forward.

The longer something goes on, it`s certainly always going to be concerning to the family and it`s always going to be concerning to us but, you know, we`re always going to hope and keep our fingers crossed that we can move quickly with what information we get and try to find her.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(VIDEO CLIP)

D. KESSE: Someone knows something. We`re still looking for Jennifer, all right? Not only this person now to help us out but we`re still looking for Jennifer. That`s the main thing here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Orlando police continue to investigate the disappearance of 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse, who authorities believe was abducted from her apartment complex in January, 2006.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What we do know is somebody probably knows the person involved or people involved in this case, they just haven`t come forward.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Investigators say Jennifer had a conversation with her boyfriend around 10 p.m., January 23rd. When Jennifer failed to show up for work the next day she was reported missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Whoever has her, do the right thing as -- as we`ve been saying all the time and just let her go and be off.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her car found abandoned at an apartment complex just a mile from her own home. Orlando investigators believe 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse was abducted the night of January 24th, 2006, on her way to her job as a financial analyst. Kesse was last heard from when she made a call to her Ft. Lauderdale boyfriend the night before she vanishes.

ALLEN: I talked to her around about 10 o`clock. She was in bed. We talked briefly, no problem at all.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The next morning, the financial analyst never makes it to work at Central Corp of Investments.

D. KESSE: It just looked like she was -- she got up and got ready to go to work as any other day she would get up and go -- get ready to go to work to us.

J. KESSE: There was nothing amiss, you know, typical -- typical Jen hurriedly leaving for work, makeup out on the counter, hair dryer.

GRACE: The day she was reported missing someone is caught on grainy surveillance video but, without a clear shot of the suspect`s face investigators are having a hard time making a positive ID.

J. KESSE: Search your soul, show some remorse. Somebody knows something and that`s all we`re begging for.

GRACE: We are taking your calls tonight. Straight out to Gail in Florida. Hi Gail.

GAIL: Hi. I was just wondering if it`s possible that somebody from the ship that they were on had followed her home.

GRACE: Hmm. Ok. What about it Pat Brown? Pat Brown, criminal profiler, author of The Profiler, joining us out of D.C.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER/AUTHOR: Well, I -- I heard about that because so much time passed between when she got home and when, apparently, she got ready for work to go out. I believe the person was there at that complex, either living there, visiting somebody there, or working there. I think the police need to go back to that complex and find out who that person is because they took her car, they didn`t have their own vehicle, and then they dumped the car about a mile away, which is very common when someone just needs to get rid of the car, they don`t want to walk too far, but they get rid of the car and then walk on home or walk back to work.

GRACE: Joining us tonight, Mr. and Mrs. Kesse, Drew and Joyce Kesse, Jennifer`s parents. To you, Joyce Kesse, I seem to recall that there was something about the area where the new condos were. Were there transients and was it a gated community?

J. KESSE: Yes, and just also if I might, Nancy, to clarify, Jennifer was not on a cruise. She actually flew out of Ft. Lauderdale to Puerto Rico and then on to St. Croix.

GRACE: Yes.

J. KESSE: So, the one caller had indicated a cruise, it was not a cruise.

GRACE: Right. I heard that.

J. KESSE: But, to answer your question...

GRACE: Yes.

J. KESSE: Boy...

GRACE: Transients and the area.

J. KESSE: Thank you, the transients...

GRACE: Was it a gated community?

J. KESSE: I -- I apologize. It was a gated security-guarded complex and, yes, they had hired, unfortunately, illegal workers and allowed the illegal workers to live in some of the empty apartments. It was an apartment complex undergoing condo conversion and, with sadness, Jennifer was one of the first people who closed so there were renters living at that same complex but she had voiced to many people an uneasiness, uh -- the workers would stop and stare. They did not make obscene gestures, they didn`t wolf whistle, they made her feel uncomfortable.

D. KESSE: And, Nancy, in Florida it`s -- it`s very common within a mile of almost any home in Florida, you can have a million dollar home and you can have a $20,000 home. It`s -- where -- where she chose to live was very much the premiere property and area of Orlando up and coming. But, yes, it is -- any -- any place you see in Orlando that has trees there`s homeless living in it.

GRACE: So, my question is then, these immigrants, I`m getting the suggestion that -- were any of them illegal?

D. KESSE: We not only know that they were illegal immigrants working on property, Nancy, they were actually allowed to stay in unused vacant apartments so they did not have to pay for rent. They could work late and be there early and, in fact, the 24th, the morning of the 24th when all this broke loose, by probably -- by the time -- well, by time we got there, everyone was pretty much vanished as far as workers are concerned and a minimal staff showed up the next day.

So, there was a lot of illegals. We know that there was a lot of illegals. Police tracked illegal workers that were there and, in fact, it continued up until about a year ago. They -- they continued -- that complex continued to let illegals work in there.

GRACE: You know, that`s incredible. I want to see that shot again. You just showed it Liz. One of the last clues we`ve got in the disappearance of this Florida beauty, Jennifer Kesse. Take a look at this guy, walking in front -- that`s in front of her condo, right?

J. KESSE: No, that`s where her car was dropped off.

GRACE: Where her car -- oh thank you, thank you very much. Take a look at that Mark Klaas. What do you make of it?

MARK KLAAS: Well it`s -- it`s a very strong clue. They know it was her car. They know it`s that person. They`ve identified that person as someone between 5`3" and 5`5". That certainly starts to limit the suspect population and, hopefully, they will be able to continue to enhance those pictures. It will jar somebody`s mind.

GRACE: Right.

KLAAS: Something will come of it.

GRACE: Joining us right now, out of Washington, D.C., Eleanor Odom, Felony Prosecutor, Death Penalty Qualified. Eleanor, you`ve got so much experience in this area, weigh in.

ELEANOR ODOM, FELONY PROSECUTOR: Well, Nancy, what`s so important, as somebody else just mentioned, is the timeline of this case and it never hurts with a cold case to go over the timeline in detail and see what you can figure out from that.

GRACE: You know, Eleanor, that`s exactly what we do. Stay with us. Right now, profiling Jennifer Kesse. With us live tonight, taking your calls, her parents Drew and Joyce Kesse. Where is Jennifer? Tip line 866- 838-1153.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: The 24-year-old beauty went missing on January 24th, 2006. Kesse speaks to her boyfriend over the phone for the last time the night before she disappears. She tells him she is going to bed. The next day, friends and family are concerned when the financial analyst does not answer calls or text.

Jennifer`s Chevy Malibu was found just two days later only a mile from her apartment complex. Surveillance video shows what appears to be a mystery man driving Kesse`s car at a nearby condominium complex.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Eleanor`s right. Let`s nail down the timeline. Let`s go through it Jean Casarez.

CASAREZ: 10 o`clock p.m., January 23rd, the last time she talked with her boyfriend, a very nice phone call. The next morning her makeup was found and her pajamas were found. It looks like she spent the night in her apartment. It looks like she left for work. Her brother had stayed in her apartment while she was on vacation. He had some guys over. One of them left a cell phone so she had that cell phone, it is believed to put in a drop box to get to that person. He never, ever received that cell phone. It was never seen again. She did not get to work on that day, January 24th and she never spoke with her boyfriend like she usually did between 7:30 and 8.

GRACE: To Jennifer`s father and mother, Drew and Joyce, Drew, tell me the condition of her apartment.

D. KESSE: Her condition, it was obviously brand new, she had just purchased it...

GRACE: Tell me that morning, what did it look like, had she made breakfast...

D. KESSE: Oh, ok...

GRACE: ...had she done her hair, what?

D. KESSE: No. No. It looked like she slept in her bed. She had two or three outfits laid out on the bed as if she was choosing an outfit to wear. She, as -- as was stated, the bathroom looked like someone got ready to go to work. The rest of the condo was just perfect. It honestly looked like a maid came through right down to a full setting -- four piece setting table setting in -- on her dining room table.

Her -- her -- right inside the front door was her luggage that she used on vacation. She just came in and dropped it and went to bed. And, unfortunately -- you know, one thing that I do want to bring up is in the morning at 7:30 every Tuesday since we actually lived in Jennifer`s condo four times longer than she did, eight months, every Tuesday morning, which she was taken on a Tuesday we believe, at 7:30, landscapers started to cut the entire complex at her building. And, they were told they saw nothing.

GRACE: You know, that is significant. Every Tuesday morning, 7:30 a.m., they come to landscape and they all say they saw nothing?

J. KESSE: Exactly.

D. KESSE: Correct. She also had a pedophile living next door that we found out afterwards.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Vanished into thin air, look for her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So many cases.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re still looking.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So few links.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Missing person.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s our duty to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The witness seen the suspect on a Nancy Grace.

GRACE: There is a God.

NIDENTIFIED MALE: The Nancy Grace Show was out there for us.

GRACE: Found, alive. 50 people, 50 days, 50 nights.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Don`t give up.

J. KESSE: She`s just a beautiful, caring, thoughtful, kind person, has a lot going for her, has always been someone to reach for the stars and, for the most part, she has always grasped hold of them.

GRACE: 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse was headed for a bright future. She had just purchased her first home and she was in love. On January 24th, 2006, the bright light on her future dimmed.

J. KESSE: This whole thing has just been one hellish nightmare.

GRACE: Kesse speaks to her boyfriend over the phone for the last time the night before. She tells him she is going to bed. The next day, friends and family are concerned when the financial analyst does not answer calls or text. That concern only turns to terror when Kesse fails to show up for a meeting at work.

ALLEN: Every day would either call me just to say good morning, have a great day or just text me to wish me good -- you know, have a good day, love you, that type of thing and when I didn`t receive it Tuesday morning I thought it was odd.

D. KESSE: My personal gut feeling is she got ready to go to work as normal and as soon as that condominium door closed I don`t know what happened from that point. That`s -- that`s where I think it started to happen.

GRACE: Within just four hours the young beauty is reported missing. For two days there were no clues until Kesse`s black Chevy Malibu was found about a mile away from her house.

J. KESSE: She was abducted Tuesday. The car was found Thursday about a mile from her condominium complex in an area of town that, honestly, she would never go to. There was no sign of trauma in the vehicle whatsoever.

GRACE: Grainy black and white surveillance video of what appears to be a man may be the best lead the police have to find Jennifer Kesse.

D. KESSE: It is our flesh and blood. We love her. Someone has taken her from us and we want her back. Now.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: 24-year-old financial planner Jennifer Kesse vanished from her Orlando Home January 24th, 2006. Jennifer had just returned home from a long weekend in the Caribbean but was reported missing when she failed to show up for work the next day.

D. KESSE: We`re not scientists or what have you. It`s just a gut feeling we have. But, it -- it just looked like she was -- she got up and ready to go to work as any other day she would get up and go right -- get ready to go to work to us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Jennifer`s Chevy Malibu was found just two days later only a mile from her apartment complex.

J. KESSE: It was typical Jen getting ready, rushed in the morning. You know, the makeup was out on the counter, the hair dryer, a couple of outfits laying on the bed and that`s why we are confident that she got ready to go to work, locked that condominium door and, from there, we have absolutely no idea what happened.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: After conducting an initial search, cops believe she was abducted and released surveillance video of a possible suspect dumping Jennifer`s car.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Nothing in our investigation that would indicate that Ms. Kesse would be responsible for her own disappearance. We believe that this is an abduction of some sort. We are not sure whether it is an abduction and she is being held someplace against her will or whether it`s an abduction and -- and a homicide.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The grainy video shows a suspect between 5`3" and 5`5" parked Jennifer`s car at a condominium complex and walk away.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: It is not beyond the realm of the possible for this case to be solved. To Andrew Scott, former Chief of Police, Boca Raton, now President, AJS Consulting, Miami Florida. Andrew, there have been a lot of cases that have been solved when time has elapsed.

ANDREW SCOTT, FORMER CHIEF OF POLICE, BOCA RATON: Oh, absolutely. There`s -- there should be no diminishment of hope in this case just because nothing has been developed over the last 4-1/2 years.

A show like this will obviously prompt people`s memories but, even more importantly, that photograph with the new technology could be accurately honed in and the focus changed where they might be able to get a legible picture out and then reproduce that picture to the public.

So, there`s many things that could be going on here including the fact that they`re opening up this case with other investigators and looking at it with fresh eyes. So, I think there`s -- there is hope in this case.

GRACE: You know, you`re taking a look at the shot that he`s talking about. This was just outside a gate where her car was found only a mile away. To Eleanor Odom, Doug Burns, and Daniel Horowitz, to you first Doug Burns, when time passes, will that be held against a suspect or defendant when they finally are found?

DOUG BURNS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, yes, that`s very possible. The thing that strikes me here, it`s interesting, the -- the father said about the illegal workers. Obviously, you don`t want to paint it with a broad brush, but the problem is there isn`t a lot of employment paperwork, and that`s a very difficult obstacle.

GRACE: What about it Daniel Horowitz? Since time has passed, is that an aggravating factor to a defendant that may have grabbed her, that you let so much time pass and the family suffer?

DANIEL HOROWITZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Oh, of course, of course. I mean, people are going to be furious at this person. But, I think most importantly here, we have to re-look at the facts in terms of who was there, talk to the people or people were drug-addicted in the past and now they`ve cleaned up. Let`s go to the jails around there, the prisons. I think this is a drug-related crime and I don`t think it`s related to those workers at all.

GRACE: Eleanor Odom?

ODOM: You know, cold cases are very sympathetic to juries. Juries are very sympathetic to this and I think they would find anybody who was found to be the defendant in this case guilty.

GRACE: My guess is this guy lives in the condominiums or was working in the condominiums. That`s why he took her car, took it someplace, did something, and then dropped it off and went back where he had to go which he either works or he lives there. So, I think the police do have a focus, they can go right to that condominium, ask everybody, who do they know, what psychopathic creature is running around that condominium that people know, living there, working there, that might have abducted Jennifer?

FEMALE: The day that we located her car we did a door-to-door knock and talk. We also did a track with the bloodhounds from our car which led back to the condominium where she lived which was about a mile away. What we did with that is we created a three to five mile radius around that track and we done numerous grid-searches in wooded isolated areas where, if somebody was trying to hide something related to this case, we would be able to find it in those particular areas.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The Nancy Grace show was out there for us.

GRACE: Found, alive. 50 people, 50 days, 50 nights.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just don`t give up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Someone knows something. We`re still looking for Jennifer, all right? Not only this person now to help us out but we`re still looking for Jennifer. That`s the main thing here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Orlando police continue to investigate the disappearance of 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse, who authorities believe was abducted from her apartment complex in January, 2006.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What we do know is somebody probably knows the person involved or people involved in this case, they just haven`t come forward.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Investigators say Jennifer had a conversation with her boyfriend around 10 p.m., January 23rd. When Jennifer failed to show up for work the next day, she was reported missing.

D. KESSE: Whoever has her, do the right thing, as -- as we`ve been saying all the time and just let her go and be off.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her car found abandoned at an apartment complex just a mile from her own home but no signs of a struggle in the car.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The longer something goes on it certainly is going to be concerning to the family and it`s always going to be concerning to us. But, you know, we`re going to always hope and keep our fingers crossed that we can move quickly with what information we get and try to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Investigators, hoping for a tip from the public, released grainy surveillance video of a suspect dumping Jennifer`s car the day she was reported missing. Investigators have looked through more than 1,000 leads but have made no arrests. Where is Jennifer Kesse?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls and joining us tonight, Jennifer`s parents, Drew and Joyce Kesse. Out to the lines, Martha in Mississippi. Hi Martha.

MARTHA: Hi Nancy.

GRACE: Hi dear, what`s your question?

MARTHA: Well, you -- well, first of all, you know why I`m so proud of you? Because you realize what the man you honored on Monday quoted, "Injustice to some is a threat to justice for all," by Dr. King and he -- and he meant all. And thank you, Nancy, for honoring Jesus Christ, every day in what you do in spite of what the critics, who need to stay off your Facebook page, has to say. Ok, now, my question is, did the police or the FBI show the profile of the young man in the picture to all the immigrants that were there at the time and, if not, can they go back and do so or even go to Mexico and show the picture because I really think it needs to be shown in Mexico.

GRACE: You know, that`s an excellent idea, what do we know about that, Drew Kesse?

D. KESSE: As far as going back, as I stated earlier, the next day, probably three-quarters of the work crew was gone. They had already decided they were taking off to other parts. As far as Mexico is concerned, Mexico does have information about Jennifer.

The consulate was contacted early in the investigation and personally, myself, approximately about a year ago I sat down one Sunday morning and wrote every single consulate that was available at the U.N., both at the U.N. offices as well as their country offices.

So, we have heard from over 60 countries concerning Jennifer and I would like to say, also, the photograph that we have of the person who dropped Jennifer`s car off, that was enhanced by NASA as well as Wal-Mart and Target. That is the best that we`re going to get.

They put cameras up at Jennifer`s place two -- two weeks after she was taken. But the real crux of the situation with Jennifer and especially being an adult, Nancy, is first responders. Our first response from a police officer was she -- she probably had a fight with her boyfriend, she`ll be back and walked out and that`s what started it all because she was an adult.

We -- we have to rely on our first responders. It -- it -- there`s no room for mistakes when it comes to missing and abducted people. There is no room. Please make that, you know, really clear. And, we have been told by Orlando Police in meetings, as well as with FBI, that missteps were made by Orlando Police in the first week and those missteps will never be able to get back.

So, we have to go forward with what we have and don`t have and it is the first responder and the training -- Orlando Police had no protocol, they had no policies and procedures to follow at the time.

They do now, I think, and it is just incredible that we have gone out and educated ourselves, we know how to find missing people now, yet, Orlando Police Department has yet to send any of their officers for training. Our lead detective has not had one class in training of missing people.

I`ve been trained by Fox Valley Technical College which is the leading continuing education technical college for police in the land and I`m three-quarters of the way through the courses.

GRACE: You know what, that`s incredible to me that even after the Kesse case that nothing has been done. When you say that there`s a lot that they don`t have because they didn`t get it immediately, things like what?

D. KESSE: Well, I don`t want to go into all -- all of it, it`s not -- it`s not really the time or place...

GRACE: Well, don`t, don`t don`t...

D. KESSE: ...however, well...

GRACE: ...if you think it`s going to compromise the investigation, don`t, don`t even bring it up.

D. KESSE: ... no, there`s no -- no, the investigation is over. If -- if someone was to call Orlando Police Department they would not take the lead, they would ask you to call the FBI. The FBI will tell you that they are only reviewing Jennifer`s case and that you should call Orlando Police Department.

That is -- that is the catch 22 that Jennifer is in right now, not us. We`re not the hurt ones. You can`t hurt us any more. It is Jennifer. And it is ...

GRACE: So neither Orlando Police nor the FBI are taking tips?

D. KESSE: No.

J. KESSE: No, and they won`t make the case...

D. KESSE: And they ask, right to our face, no, do not send any more tips. She is gone. She has vanished. We do not have a clue of where she is, it`s over.

J. KESSE: But they won`t make the case cold which is very interesting into itself.

D. KESSE: They don`t have to share the case if the case is left open and active.

GRACE: Are you talking about the Orlando P.D.?

D. KESSE: Correct. It was the Orlando Police`s case. It has never been the FBI`s case. They were only asked to come in...

GRACE: But they`re not even taking tips?

J. KESSE: No.

D. KESSE: ...the FBI has not even looked at the tape of Jennifer`s car being dropped off, "(inaudible) in my interrogations."

GRACE: What about it Mark Klaas, what do you make of that?

KLAAS: Well, I make many things of that. Obviously, they are on their own here. There is no law enforcement behind them so they have to devise strategies to get the media and the public behind them but as far as this business of training law enforcement on missing persons, you know, law -- there are 25,000 law enforcement agencies in the United States and in order for all of them to go to Fox Valley training, it will probably take 100 years.

What I think needs to be done is they need to take the mountain to Mohammed or they need to take Mohammed to the mountain. They need to take the training to the agencies, to the states, and you could then train all of those agencies in a very short amount of time in probably just a couple of years.

They shouldn`t be sitting -- they shouldn`t be sitting on their pedestal waiting for the cops to come to them, they should be going to the cops and doing it that way.

(VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Jennifer doesn`t leave things open-ended like this at all. She would never just leave or -- I don`t know.

ALLEN: I knew she had a busy schedule so, I left a message with her and then went ahead with my day and then after my meeting -- I had a meeting at 9 o`clock, after I had that meeting I called her again and, once again, I got her voice mail which I thought was odd and it was then that her parents called me to notify me that she hadn`t shown up for work that day.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We were alerted by her employer, Jennifer is very prompt and responsible and if she was going to be five minutes late she would have called her immediate supervisor to say, you know, I`m going to be a few minutes late.

J. KESSE: She`s probably a million times more beautiful on the inside, always has been, has just been a -- she`s just a beautiful, caring, thoughtful, kind person, has a lot going for her, has always been someone to reach for the stars and, for the most part, she has always grasped all of them and this whole thing has just been one hellish nightmare.

D. KESSE: She had just gone away for the weekend to St. Croix with her boyfriend and she was telling me exactly how much fun they had and what they did and what was I cooking for dinner that night and she didn`t know exactly what she was going to have for dinner.

It was short but we -- we talk a couple of times a day. We miss her very much. We -- we strongly believe that she is -- she -- she is ok. She is a very intelligent young lady and very strong-willed. Jennifer, we love you, you know that and we will be there for you.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 12:27:01 PM »

PAPERBACK BOOK BY Nicole Banner

What Happened To Jennifer Kesse

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.