March 28, 2024, 06:09:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Carefully Crafted 'Illusion' of Civil Society  (Read 1762 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 21, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

In my state, Wisconsin, apparently the new concealed carry and castle laws bother some folks.  Some even likened those wanting to carry guns to Neanderthals with clubs.  Somehow the guns owners are at odds with 'civil' society.  This wonderful modern age of people and paid police.

The problem with the image of civil society?  It's a carefully crafted illusion of words.  The words do not match reality.  In Wisconsin, mobs of young people attacked those leaving the state fair.  The mob was looking for white and light skinned people. People were dragged out of cars, beaten and left behind.  Many called 911.  Police refused to take reports and threatened those trying to make reports...was it a coverup?  Where was the civil society? 

Police come after you've been beaten, killed, your security destroyed.  What is the point of maintaining a police force if they don't protect everyone? 

Why have a DOJ if they don't protect everyone's rights?  Protection is based on the color of one's skin?  No action on voting rights abuses at the polls if the victims are white?

Where is the civil society? 

I think civil society is a carefully crafted illusion.  Why create the illusion?  So some can steal away everything you've worked for?  Saved?

Hundreds of years ago people thought they lived in civil society.  They had slaves and promoted the idea that somehow they were better.  Take everything those poor souls had, told them they couldn't manage on their own, and lived the high life on the backs and labor of others.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »

"The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau issued new rules late Friday on international money transfers from the United States. "

The CFPB’s rules require that companies transmitting money disclose to each customer any fees, the exchange rate and the amount that will be paid out to the recipient in local currency, the Associated Press reported. The rules also stipulate that customers must be given 30 minutes to cancel a transaction and disputes about issues such as funds that do not arrive must be investigated by the company.

"People sending money to their loved ones in another country should not have to worry about hidden fees," Richard Cordray, the bureau's new director, said, according to Dow Jones Newswires...

read more here - http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/new-rules-for-international-money-transfers/Content?oid=2588392

The amount sent annually, mostly to the Caribbean and Latin America (from the US)?  $325 billion in 2010...

The CFPB is a child of the Federal Reserve.  No accountability to the people.  Who is the Federal Reserve accountable to?

That's $325 BILLION that isn't invested in the US.  Are they asking for account numbers of the senders?  Like they did for those with Swiss Bank accounts?  Going after those that salt away money in the Caribbean and Latin America?  Why does government only after some but not all for avoiding taxes?

What of the Fed?  Where/who got that $16 TRILLION they sent to foreign banks, foreign money funds...

Money that diluted diluted the savings of millions of Americans?  Made energy, foods, and other goods more expensive?  Essentially stole money from Americans and gave it away to who?  Cronies?  Friends?  Themselves?

Where is the investigation into where all this money is going?  Who's working FOR the American people?

A president that want's us energy poor?  Invests 'our' money is bankrupt companies?  Allows the destruction of the assets of the bankrupt company and any chance the American people will recover anything?  Puts the investment of the American people last in the bankruptcy line?

Would a civil society allow these things to happen?  Theft from the people?  Never ending taxation, theft, fraud, looting of the treasury, and financial abuse?

Why isn't Obama's government worried about the hidden taxation of inflation caused by the debt and never ending printing of money?  Financial abuse by illegal aliens?

Where is the civil society?  Nothing but a carefully crafted illusion.

Who's looking out for the American people?  Why are Americans being sent to the back of the bus in their own country?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 11:50:01 AM »

Who in a civil society would allow one group of people, able bodied lifetime welfare recipients, to live off the labor of others?  Insist those people are too good to do the work of folks that pay their bills?  Provide for their never ending maintenance?

What kind of civil society is this?  The new language of slavery?  Taxation?  Fees?  Regulation?  Benevolent Federal government?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »

We live in an energy rich nation.  For some reason, we still import oil.  Obama turned down Canadian oil  American could be job rich and export oil and supply the domestic need.

What's wrong with creating jobs in America, for American citizen?  Why would any American want to be Brazil's best customer?  Buy a car company and help send the jobs offshore?

When will the Federal work for the people?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.