April 25, 2024, 01:37:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #648 6/27 - 6/30/2007  (Read 131687 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2007, 09:46:21 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Crap!  I feel like Angie.   (Hi sweetie, wherever you are).  I meant she is ALSO looking at other philanthropic ideas.  Good grief.

Morning Peaches and all~!!  Smile
Haven't been on much due to work. My schedule has been really weird the last week . I been lurkin though.. Just haven't had much to say..lol
Plus going to bed early too..been tired as heck!
Waving to Anna as well!

Everyone have a great day.. need to get ready for work .  Crying or Very sad
Hope we hear some news soon. this is getting so depressing!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Note to MF at FOB:  Wink

Oduber looses case against Diario  

ORANJESTAD – In a lawsuit that Oduber had instituted against the morning paper Diario, of which the hearing was this morning, the judge ruled that he doesn’t think that Diario has insulted Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) in an article on the Namdar-case.    

The premier demanded rectification as a result of an article that appeared in the paper on May 14th that stated that the premier ‘has declared himself as main suspect’ in the Namdar-case.  Diario refused to rectify and the premier instituted the lawsuit due to insultation and slurring on his integrity.  “I admit in Oduber’s favour that Diario does impudent assertions in the article about the involvement of the government and the government party in a bribery scandal, but those assertions are strongly put into perspective”, said the judge.  According to him, it is about an analysis of the case and not a statement of the case.

Oduber’s reaction is that he will not appeal.  “I have lost enough time in this case already.  It has become clear to me that everybody can publish anything they want about the government, and not be prosecuted.  We have actually been outlawed.”

http://www.amigoe.com/english/

STHU

ODEJERK  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »

ORANJESTAD – In a lawsuit that Oduber had instituted against the morning paper Diario, of which the hearing was this morning, the judge ruled that he doesn’t think that Diario has insulted Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) in an article on the Namdar-case.    

The premier demanded rectification as a result of an article that appeared in the paper on May 14th that stated that the premier ‘has declared himself as main suspect’ in the Namdar-case.  Diario refused to rectify and the premier instituted the lawsuit due to insultation and slurring on his integrity.  “I admit in Oduber’s favour that Diario does impudent assertions in the article about the involvement of the government and the government party in a bribery scandal, but those assertions are strongly put into perspective”, said the judge.  According to him, it is about an analysis of the case and not a statement of the case.

Oduber’s reaction is that he will not appeal.  “I have lost enough time in this case already.  It has become clear to me that everybody can publish anything they want about the government, and not be prosecuted.  We have actually been outlawed.”

Laughing  Laughing  good!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Crap!  I feel like Angie.   (Hi sweetie, wherever you are).  I meant she is ALSO looking at other philanthropic ideas.  Good grief.

Haven't been on much due to work. My schedule has been really weird the last week . I been lurkin though.. Just haven't had much to say..lol
Waving to Anna as well!

morning bunny  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »

Quote from: "robots"

STHU

ODEJERK  Cool

Laughing   I second that!

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »

Quote from: "Silverfox"

STHU

ODEJERK  Cool

Laughing   I second that!

Wink

- A Horse's Tale
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »

STHU

ODEJERK  Cool

Laughing  Laughing  I like to call him O'goober Laughing  Laughing

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"

STHU

ODEJERK  Cool

Laughing  Laughing  I like to call him O'goober Laughing  Laughing

that works for me

Wink

- A Horse's Tale
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 09:56:24 AM »

Waving to Anna as well!

morning bunny  Cool

Morning Robots.. you behave and be a good Robots today~!!
Off to the shower I go.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2007, 09:59:59 AM »

Here's another one from today's Amigoe.com ...

http://www.amigoe.com/english/   06/28/2007

Secretary of state does not act against MEP-boycott Diario  

ORANJESTAD – With much interest, secretary of state Ank Bijleveld-Schouten of Kingdom Relations ( CDA ) follows the case around the Aruban governmental party MEP boycotting Diario, but she will not take any actions in this.  “The primary responsibility for guaranteeing the implementation of the democratic principles, is with the countries selves”, indicated Bijleveld in a letter to Andin Bikker, chair of the extraparliamentary group Partido Democracia Real.  

Bikker has asked the Kingdom’s Council of Ministers on April 21st to take actions against MEP’s call for a boycott.  The party decided to do this after a number of not-liked publications of Diario.  In his request, Bikker refers to a letter dated April 17th, in which the Inter American Press Association (IAPA) declared that MEP’s call to boycott Diario means violation of article 5 of the Treaties of Chapultepec.  

According to Bijleveld, this declaration is judicially not binding however.  “The guarantee-function in article 43 of the Statute that you refer at, guarantees the implementation of the democratic principles of the constitution.  The primary responsibility for this is with the countries themselves though.  The appropriate measures from the Kingdom are only taken when it appears that a country does not sufficiently interpret these structurally.  But that is not the case here”, wrote Bijleveld to Bikker.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2007, 10:02:12 AM »

That's great about Oduber-wonder how MF's gonna spin it?

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »

Waving to Anna as well!

morning bunny  Cool

Morning Robots.. you behave and be a good Robots today~!!
Off to the shower I go.

i had some bunnies, they never took showers..  Shocked

- A Horse's Tale
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"

Things appear to be coming apart at the hinges for the Oduber/MEP government including all the alleged underworld connections to it.... drug busts, reversed rulings, rulings in favor of Diaro, investigations....and somehow in the middle of all of this is a missing American citzen... deja vu?

how long before it collapses?

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2007, 11:14:48 AM »

Thank you Klaasand and msmarples for those Dairio updates.  This is good news for the people of Aruba in regards to freedom of speech and ... good news for Natalee Holloways family.  If it were not for Jossy Mansur's publication ...

Janet

DAVE HOLLOWAY
Dana Pretzer Show
September 8, 2006

HOLLOWAY: Jossy has been very helpful to try to find the truth, the fact he lives in Aruba and publishes a newspaper, they're attacking him because he's looking for-- fighting for-- the truth. That’s what a good journalist does--He's going to go after the people, regardless, and try to find the truth

STEVE HOLLOWAY
Scared Monkey - FP Comments
April 6, 2007

Comment #20 ... I think he is a good man looking for the truth. He will not let them push him around. This is his home and is probably sick of the corruption that happens every day on such a large scale on such a small island.
Comment by Steve Holloway | April 6, 2007, 1:02 pm

JUG TWITTY
Scared Monkey - FPComments
December 5, 2005

Comment #6 ... THANK YOU JOSSY I DON’T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT BUT YOU HAVE BEEN THERE FOR US FROM THE BEGENNING AND THE PEOPLE OF ARUBA SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOU.
Comment by JUG TWITTY | December 5, 2006, 10:57 am

BETH TWITTY
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
September 14, 2005

TWITTY: Well, you know, I‘ll be forever grateful for Jossy Mansur, who is there. And he has been so instrumental. And he‘s just a hero to all of us.  And, you know, he‘s my only hope on the island. And we‘ll be forever grateful to him.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »

First,CBB,I salute you.Two,happy Canada Day.I figure they were Anahiem Ducks,since they have more Canadien players.Third-Flooding sucks,kills more people than anything else and ruins everything it touches.Finally,send us a couple inches.CBB,I will go your bail.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 11:20:03 AM »

Working and Lurking. . .

It seems that with all the technology we have today, there should be some way to move all that rain in Texas a couple of hundred miles to the east where we need it so desperately--cloud seeding or something.

The dust is terrible here and people are wearing masks outside for mowing or just about anything.  I am having difficulty with asthma and also my eyes burning from it and from drying out all the time.  Also, houseflies outside are starting to BITE, I guess they are desperately thirsty.  

Two counties in west Georgia are out of water and there is a strange pumping sound or motion to our water here now which is sort of scary.  Never heard it before so I hope we are not getting low also.  I can't imagine trying to transport water for all these dogs and four horses.

So let's all cross our fingers that the rain will drift east and say prayers or whatever you do in a case like this.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »

Things appear to be coming apart at the hinges for the Oduber/MEP government including all the alleged underworld connections to it.... drug busts, reversed rulings, rulings in favor of Diaro, investigations....and somehow in the middle of all of this is a missing American citzen... deja vu?

Hopefully soon Fox.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »

And I do hope those claiming to keep dossiers on us all take note of the Oduber ruling.  Analysis of the situation does not constitute slander nor anything more than free speech and freedom of the press, etc.  Saying you might like something or other to happen or that it is your opinion that it might well happen some day does NOT constitute a threat.

Just as kidnapping does not require a ransom demand, some might benefit from looking up what does constitute a threat.  People who live in glass houses and all that. . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »

Hopefully soon Fox.

a hearty

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »

None,I love your new look.Jossy is a good guy.I am lurking and watching off and on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.