March 28, 2024, 09:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #648 6/27 - 6/30/2007  (Read 130997 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Peaches"
I don't know what I'd do if we got 19 inches of rain.

It'd make a big ole mess of my garden that's for sure.

It's bad.  They've had to open 4 of the floodgates....and then the river near us isn't supposed to crest until Friday.  Shocked

Are you going to be ok, tcu? How close is the river?
Do you want a patriotic, uh, whatever you are?  Laughing

Wreck............are the temperatures normal in spite of the all the rain?

Peaches, I'd love to make $$ doing this stuff because I love doing it, but you guys always make it worthwhile!  Wink

No, it's been COOL. I just heard today that the hottest we have hit is 94*.
It is 71* right now -- high tomorrow ..85*! Cool

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »

CBB ~ Now that I really look at myself, I see a sockmonkey troll with bad hair.  Shocked
crazybabyborg
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 12:47:49 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

Are you going to be ok, tcu? How close is the river?
We have a finger of the river in back of us, but we are really high.  Shouldn't be a problem, but many people in another town have lost everything.  And, as I speak, it is pouring again. Do you want a patriotic, uh, whatever you are?  Laughing
You know, I don't know what the heck I am....it's supposed to be a sock monkey with a TCU t-shirt.....it looks deformed. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  
Maybe I need to look around for something else.  Confused

Oh No! I love that cute 'lil thing! You're unique! I just wondered if you want me to get it dressed for the 4th!

I'm glad you'll be safe, but it's tragic for so many people!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 12:48:50 AM »

tcumom, it's CUTE!  It's so fun to see what everyone is wearing.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:05 AM »

Okay ~ if we ... uh, you can figure out a costume that'd be great ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »

CBB ~ Now that I really look at myself, I see a sockmonkey troll with bad hair.  Shocked

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

That sounds pretty hot to me, Wreck, although I'm in upper East TN: on the Virginia border, and we're hotter than you are. Texas should be hotter!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 12:51:51 AM »

Okay ~ if we ... uh, you can figure out a costume that'd be great ~

I'll leave it here if you're in bed by the time I get back, k? I'll also leave it in the lounge under "avatars dressed for the Holidays".

I'll be gone a few minutes so g'nite to anyone who slips off to bed while I'm gone!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 12:56:57 AM »

Did anyone watch Larry King tonight?  I just couldn't stomach the thought of listening to Paris born-again Hilton.  Mad  Over-exposure in every sense of the word.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 12:58:20 AM »

I watched part of it.  I thought she did pretty well.  She didn't seem phony.  She looked nice.

Expect a miracle.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 01:00:40 AM »

That took longer than I planned - but I am back again!

Great to see Peaches feeling well enough to post again.

cbb - where is your offsider these days?

tcumom - I was sure I read you were finding yourself when you changed avatars!  Does this mean you have been in touch with your inner monkey?

Talking of monkeys - to those that follow the www.africam.com website that Artcolley recommended, we spent hours last evening watching a large group of monkeys.  There were several youngsters and they were having a great time playing "chasings" Also we saw wart hogs, wildebeest and antelopes.  Lots of game around at present.
[/b]

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »

I watched part of it.  I thought she did pretty well.  She didn't seem phony.  She looked nice.

You know, somewhere on the internet was a poll asking if she looked better, prettier, with or without all the makeup.....97% said without.  Maybe she is listening.  
And, if she didn't come across as phony that is good, real good.  Maybe the 3 weeks did make a lasting impression.  The 8th grade girls I teach attempt to emulate her, so a change could be a real plus.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 01:05:06 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

tcumom - I was sure I read you were finding yourself when you changed avatars!  Does this mean you have been in touch with your inner monkey?

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
It's gonna take a while for me to get in touch with my inner self.  
hmmmmmmmm.  Wink
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »

Paris did say she realizes she is a role model for young girls and wants to be a better one.  She always seems to be looking at some other philanthropic ideas.  She's barely outta the pokey.  I''m willing to let her figure out that she needs to act her age.

I thought she looked cute when she was leaving jail.  She didn't have her blue contacts on and her hair was out of her face.  She did well until she had to run to her mother at the end.  

I feel bad for her.  Poor thing has grown up in a fishbowl.

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 01:07:06 AM »

Crap!  I feel like Angie.   (Hi sweetie, wherever you are).  I meant she is ALSO looking at other philanthropic ideas.  Good grief.

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 01:07:56 AM »

Paris did say she realizes she is a role model for young girls and wants to be a better one.  She always seems to be looking at some other philanthropic ideas.  She's barely outta the pokey.  I''m willing to let her figure out that she needs to act her age.

I thought she looked cute when she was leaving jail.  She didn't have her blue contacts on and her hair was out of her face.  She did well until she had to run to her mother at the end.  

I agree, she looked cute and clear headed.  It was actually nice seeing her look more normal.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 01:09:40 AM »

I completely agree with you.  She looked so cute walking out, face scrubbed clean and her hair without those extension things.  Yep, the run to Mom was a little much.

It would be good if she worked towards a GED, though.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 01:10:01 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I agree, she looked cute and clear headed.  It was actually nice seeing her look more normal.

Does "clear" = "empty"???? Rolling Eyes  Wink

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 01:16:55 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"
Quote from: "klaasend"

Does "clear" = "empty"???? Rolling Eyes  Wink

Somehow she looked more intelligent, not sure how to explain it.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 01:22:18 AM »

Paris is actually very successful on her own.  Of course, her last name is still Hilton and I'm sure it opened some doors for her but sometimes the press almost blames her for being born rich ....  as if she had anything to do with it.  

I think she's doing pretty well for a high school drop out with diagnosed ADD.

Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 01:32:32 AM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/tcu4.gif

TCU: If you'd like something different, I can do something else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.