September 20, 2024, 08:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #648 6/27 - 6/30/2007  (Read 137279 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "IndyDan"
Quote from: "yapperz1"
Hiya Monkeys

Indy if you are gonna hit NW Ga you should ride on down to Kennesaw Mtn National Battlefield. Not very far from Lookout Mtn Tn.

http://www.nps.gov/kemo/

I wasn't planning on going that far east but ya know, I'm a civil war junkie so I might just have to fit that in - Thanks Yap!

I assume you have the Chickamauga Battlefield in your itinerary?  There si really just too much to see quickly.  Better take your time and spend a few days.  Tennessee Aquarium at Chattanooga is among the attractions there, really nice.

Very Happy

yes, I'm saving Chickamauga BF for another trip.  I learned my lesson trying to see major civil war BFs on the bike while wearing jeans and boots when we visited Shilo and Antietam.  But I do plan check out Stones River and Lookout MT.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: June 29, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
LONDON —  Police thwarted a terror attack Friday near the famed Piccadilly Circus in the heart of London, defusing a crude bomb made of gasoline, propane gas, and nails after an ambulance crew spotted smoke coming from a silver Mercedes outside a nightclub.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287292,00.html

Good job by the Brits, way to stay on your toes !

Horrors, that and Trafalgar Square are such heartbeats in that wonderful city  Sad I hate hearing such highly populated landmarks are targeted!!

Anna- I heard on one of the news shows from Dr Baden that the toxicology on steroids takes so long because we have natural steriods in our bodies that have to somehow test out over time........to reveal the level of artifical steriod? Supposedly this is why it takes 5 to 6 months which will be the case with Beniot.

Hi-Ho.....back to work I go

I continue to stand with the girl.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #562 on: June 29, 2007, 01:00:13 PM »

Hiya Monkeys

Indy if you are gonna hit NW Ga you should ride on down to Kennesaw Mtn National Battlefield. Not very far from Lookout Mtn Tn.

I wasn't planning on going that far east but ya know, I'm a civil war junkie so I might just have to fit that in - Thanks Yap!

I assume you have the Chickamauga Battlefield in your itinerary?  There si really just too much to see quickly.  Better take your time and spend a few days.  Tennessee Aquarium at Chattanooga is among the attractions there, really nice.

Very Happy

yes, I'm saving Chickamauga BF for another trip.  I learned my lesson trying to see major civil war BFs on the bike while wearing jeans and boots when we visited Shilo and Antietam.  But I do plan check out Stones River and Lookout MT.

Chickamauga Battlefield is only a couple of miles down the road from where I work. When you come to see it, you'll need to stop in and say hi to me.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #563 on: June 29, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Hiya Monkeys

Very Happy

Chickamauga Battlefield is only a couple of miles down the road from where I work. When you come to see it, you'll need to stop in and say hi to me.  Very Happy

Hi BT
What I was trying to say was, as much as I’d like to see Chickamauga BF, it won’t be this trip.  It’s on my list of Civil War sites to visit some day when we take our vacations in a car.  Chickamauga is just too big to wander around in boots and jeans in the heat of summer.  
I’d be sweatin’ like a Sloot.  I learned that lesson at Shiloh.
The smaller ones I can handle though.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #564 on: June 29, 2007, 01:35:14 PM »

Hiya Monkeys

Very Happy

Hi BT
What I was trying to say was, as much as I’d like to see Chickamauga BF, it won’t be this trip.  It’s on my list of Civil War sites to visit some day when we take our vacations in a car.  Chickamauga is just too big to wander around in boots and jeans in the heat of summer.  
I’d be sweatin’ like a Sloot.  I learned that lesson at Shiloh.
The smaller ones I can handle though.

I totally inderstand Indy. And, yes, it would be MUCH too hot. However, if you're ever in the area, just let me know, cause I really am very close to the Battlefield. Oh, and the view out my office window is Lookout Mtn, so you can wave in my direction if you go there.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »

Indy - Have you ever seen a "re-enactment" ???

Here's a link to one of MANY "Civil War Reenactor" groups:
http://www.28thga.org/

If you're into Civil War stuff, you should try to catch one of these in action. Plan a trip around one.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: June 29, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »

AMBER ALERT ISSUED IN ILLINOIS:

Abducted Name(s):    JANICE CHRISTOPHER AND 3 CHILDREN

Date/Time Abducted:   06/29/2007 6;30

Location of Abduction:   I39 SOUTHBOUND MP 41

Originating Agency:   ILLINOIS STATE POLICE INVESTIGATION ZONE 1

Contact Person:   JOE MICCI

Phone:   312 287 1665  

Fax:   847 294 4532  

Photo(s):
If available, photos are posted at www.missingkids.com

Description of Abduction:
T THE REQUEST OF ILLINOIS STATE POLICE ZONE 1 INVESTIGATIONS THE ILLINOIS EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED FOR AN AMBER ALERT ON 6/29/07 AT APPROXIMATELY 630 A.M. ILLINOIS STATE POLICE RECEIVED A REPORT A A WOMAN,JANICE CHRISTOPHER AND HER 3 CHILDREN, AGES 7,10, AND 11 HAVING BEEN ABDUCTED AND WERE IN THE STREATOR ILLINOIS AREA ON I 39 SB MP 41 AND POSSIBLY ENROUTE TO FLORIDA. SUPECTS AND ABDUCTED SUBJECTS BELIEVED TO BE IN A BURGUNDY DODGE CARAVAN, ILLINOS REGISTRATION 8447276 ANYONE WITH INFORMATION SHOULD CALL 9-1-1 AND ADVISE THEY HAVE AN AMBER ALERT REPORT. THIS CONCLIDES THIS AMBER ALERT ISSUED BY THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE

Additional Details:
N/A

http://www.amberillinois.org/
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: June 29, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »

Quote from: "San"
AMBER ALERT ISSUED IN ILLINOIS:

Abducted Name(s):    JANICE CHRISTOPHER AND 3 CHILDREN

Date/Time Abducted:   06/29/2007 6;30

Location of Abduction:   I39 SOUTHBOUND MP 41

Originating Agency:   ILLINOIS STATE POLICE INVESTIGATION ZONE 1

Contact Person:   JOE MICCI

Phone:   312 287 1665  

Fax:   847 294 4532  

Photo(s):
If available, photos are posted at www.missingkids.com

Description of Abduction:
T THE REQUEST OF ILLINOIS STATE POLICE ZONE 1 INVESTIGATIONS THE ILLINOIS EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED FOR AN AMBER ALERT ON 6/29/07 AT APPROXIMATELY 630 A.M. ILLINOIS STATE POLICE RECEIVED A REPORT A A WOMAN,JANICE CHRISTOPHER AND HER 3 CHILDREN, AGES 7,10, AND 11 HAVING BEEN ABDUCTED AND WERE IN THE STREATOR ILLINOIS AREA ON I 39 SB MP 41 AND POSSIBLY ENROUTE TO FLORIDA. SUPECTS AND ABDUCTED SUBJECTS BELIEVED TO BE IN A BURGUNDY DODGE CARAVAN, ILLINOS REGISTRATION 8447276 ANYONE WITH INFORMATION SHOULD CALL 9-1-1 AND ADVISE THEY HAVE AN AMBER ALERT REPORT. THIS CONCLIDES THIS AMBER ALERT ISSUED BY THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE

Additional Details:
N/A

http://www.amberillinois.org/

Wow, Streator Illinois.  That's kinda out there in the middle of nowhere.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #568 on: June 29, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Indy - Have you ever seen a "re-enactment" ???

Here's a link to one of MANY "Civil War Reenactor" groups:
http://www.28thga.org/

If you're into Civil War stuff, you should try to catch one of these in action. Plan a trip around one.

Hi Ms.
I’ve seen one reenactment several years ago at Conner Prairie just north of Indpls. www.connerprairie.org   It was a small one but I really enjoyed it none the less.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: June 29, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »

I totally inderstand Indy. And, yes, it would be MUCH too hot. However, if you're ever in the area, just let me know, cause I really am very close to the Battlefield. Oh, and the view out my office window is Lookout Mtn, so you can wave in my direction if you go there.  Laughing

I will be in your neighborhood either Monday or Tuesday so keep your eyes open and wave if you see me go by.  I’ll post a pic of my bike in the picture thread in the lounge when I get home from work in a bit.  It’s a fairly unique bike, reminds me of Tiger’s avatar.  

Now that's what I call an office with a view!
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: June 29, 2007, 02:28:19 PM »

Ooops, the above post was to BTgirl.  Screwed up trying to shorten the quote.   Embarassed
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: June 29, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »

Ooops, the above post was to BTgirl.  Screwed up trying to shorten the quote.   Embarassed

I fixed it Indy.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: June 29, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »

Indy with this heat wave in Ga you may want to wait & see Kennesaw Mtn Battlefield when it is cooler. Let me know when you are going that way as I live fairly close to the mountain & would enjoy meeting you & your wife.
Have a safe & wonderful trip.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: June 29, 2007, 02:58:58 PM »

Hey Monkeys,

working and lurking but wanted to post this O/T story

21-year-old man from New Hope, PA was murdered last week in the U.S. Virgin Islands
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-06272007-1369479.html

A 21-year-old man from New Hope was murdered last week in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where he had moved to become a boating instructor.

James P. Cockayne, a 2005 graduate of New Hope-Solebury, was stabbed to death in the early hours of June 19; emergency crews found him just feet from his rental car, his family said.
“From what we heard, he was being followed, stalked, hunted, whatever you would call it,” said his older brother, Jeff Cockayne.

Cockayne had moved in May to St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands and was awaiting paperwork that would allow him to work at a yacht club on the island Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands.
Friends and family remembered him as a free spirit with a wild side, an infectious smile and a fun-loving way. Two days before his death, he had been home for a family wedding.
“He was a little charmer,” said his longtime girlfriend, Tara Broad. “He charmed everyone and made everyone feel so special.”
On the evening of his death, he told his mother he was going out and would be back in two hours, said family friend Barbara Alba.
“He never came home,” Alba said.

The family said Cockayne was seen about 10:30 p.m. leaving a bar called Woody's Seafood Saloon. Two hours later, police were called to a scene blocks from St. John's central tourist area, where Cockayne was bleeding profusely.

Cockayne was stabbed many times, including a wound near his groin that punctured his femoral aorta, his family said. He also appeared to have been struck in the head with a blunt object.

Police said emergency crews detected faint signs of life when they arrived. Cockayne was taken to Myrah Keating Clinic, where he was pronounced dead at 1:10 a.m.

Authorities have no suspects in the case, police told St. John Tradewinds, the local newspaper.

Jeff and Bill Cockayne, father of James and Jeff, said James confided to friends that he had recently been in a bar fight with a local. They said they believe the fight might be connected to Cockayne's stabbing. They also expressed concerns with the quality of the investigation into the murder.

The Cockaynes have long ties to the Virgin Islands. Bill and Jeanie Cockayne met in St. Croix on the British side. The family regularly travels to the islands. “There's a lot of good people on the island, but there's also a bad group,” said Jeff Cockayne.  Jeanie and her son had been looking for a vacation home on St. John. They had been living in a rental house.
Those who knew Cockayne said he was looking for direction after graduating from high school until he decided to become a captain. A lover of the outdoors and water sports, Cockayne enrolled in sailing school in Florida, where he got licenses that allowed him to man a boat.
Broad, his girlfriend, said Cockayne pulled in grades he had never earned while in school.
“I was so proud of him because he was so proud of himself,” she said. “He didn't want a conventional job. He didn't want to be a businessman.”
He sent a resume to Bitter End Yacht Club in Virgin Gorda and was surprised when they offered him a job.
“He was just so excited because things were finally falling into place for him,” Broad said.

Cockayne was born in Morristown, N.J. In 2001, he moved with his family to New Hope from Basking Ridge, N.J. At New Hope-Solebury, he played lacrosse, basketball and served on the yearbook committee. He also liked other sports, whether rock climbing or skateboarding.
Steve Young, the high school principal, said people were aware of his love of sailing.
“He was very pleasant, always polite and well-mannered and always had a nice smile,” Young said.
For a year, Cockayne worked as a food runner at Marsha Brown Creole Kitchen and Lounge in New Hope. He quit after learning of the captaining opportunity in the Virgin Islands, said general manager Caleb Lentchner, who added that Cockayne was a model employee.
Cockayne will be buried in Carversville. A memorial service is being planned for Saturday in the New Hope area.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: June 29, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »

Indy,

If you're still here, this map will show you where my office is in relation to Lookout Mtn and Chickamauga Battlefield. (The big green arrow is pointing to the area where I work.)

((edit - BTgirl, maybe you feel ok with this but it makes me nervous - klaasend}}

I Stand With The Girl
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: June 29, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »

BT...this worries me that you are putting that out there....am I too old or what?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #576 on: June 29, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
BT...this worries me that you are putting that out there....am I too old or what?

You're not too old, but I don't work in a dangerous place. It's a medium-sized office building with lots of people around, so even if someone meant me harm, I don't think they'd manage to get away with it. We are very security conscious in our office.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: June 29, 2007, 03:20:16 PM »

NM...thank you for the information...this is another sad story....and we
are seeing so many of them....maybe we should put Beth's website up again.....!

Can someone put it up please...?  I am looking.... Wink

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #578 on: June 29, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »

NM...thank you for the information...this is another sad story....and we
are seeing so many of them....maybe we should put Beth's website up again.....!

Can someone put it up please...?  I am looking.... Wink

http://www.internationalsafetravelsfoundation.org/MS/MS37/page.php?p=423

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: June 29, 2007, 03:24:27 PM »

You're not too old, but I don't work in a dangerous place. It's a medium-sized office building with lots of people around, so even if someone meant me harm, I don't think they'd manage to get away with it. We are very security conscious in our office.  Very Happy

Oh, and I meant to add that I work in a different state from where I live. Giving my office location does not even hint at my home location.  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.