April 25, 2024, 03:37:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #15 5/17/12 - 10/5/12  (Read 441373 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: August 14, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »

In Orlando. Went past the A holes house and Caylee's site. Pics to follow as soon as I send them to Miss Brandi to post for me. There is a sign in their yard that they received the distinction for lawn of the month. They probably put it there themselves lol.
Caylee's site is overgrown except where a cross is and a few stuffed animals. There is a garbage can near by where other stuffed animals have been thrown into. The land is for sale and numerous 'no trespassing ' signs posted. Everyone knows that 'monkeys don't read signs
Thanks for the pics!

Whoops, my bad, I thought the sign said "TURD OF THE MONTH"  at first glance.

Must need new glasses...

Monkey Devil!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: August 14, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/ashton-looks-unseat-lamar-state-attorney-9th-circu/nRBkS/

Updated: 8:21 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012 | Posted: 7:42 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012
Ashton unseats Lamar in State Attorney 9th Circuit race

A former Florida trial lawyer who unsuccessfully prosecuted Casey Anthony on a charge of murdering her daughter has unseated Lawson Lamar for a key state attorney seat.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: August 14, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-14/news/os-primary-lamar-ashton-20120814_1_jeff-ashton-joerg-jaeger-orange-osceola-state-attorney

Ashton ousts Lamar, wins heated Orange-Osceola State Attorney race
8:11 p.m. EST, August 14, 2012

For the first time in more than two decades, there is a new state attorney for Orange and Osceola counties.

After a hard-fought and often heated campaign, Jeff Ashton unseated his former boss, Lawson Lamar, in an open primary on Tuesday. The result likely means a major shakeup at the State Attorney's Office, which Lamar has headed for six consecutive terms.

"It's gratifying that people appreciated the work I have done in my career in the past," Ashton told CFNews 13 from a campaign party in Winter Park, cautiously saying at 8 p.m. that he believed enough of the votes had been counted to secure his win. "Some of the things that were said were difficult to hear from someone I used to work for, but that's politics."

Ashton will now assume a powerful but often behind-the-scenes job overseeing all prosecutions in the Ninth Judicial Circuit and an office with more than 140 attorneys and a $25 million budget.

Lamar, a military veteran and two-term Orange County sheriff in the 1980s, was elected as State Attorney for the Ninth Judicial Circuit in 1988, and became a fixture in the office. Among other initiatives, he spearheaded the creation of the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation, a multiagency task force that investigates drug and organized-crime cases.

"Through January of next year we will continue to lead the state in trials," Lamar told the TV station from a campaign gathering in downtown Orlando. "We've done it, we've done it right. Our campaign was built on ethics. We're bound by the truth. It wasn't flashy, it was solid. But that's the new way – it's the power of publicity many times over hard work."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: August 14, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/daniel-perry-vying-unseat-belvin-perry-9th-circuit/nRBkh/

Updated: 8:41 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012 | Posted: 7:59 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012
Belvin Perry defeats Daniel Perry in 9th Circuit judge race

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —
A judge well-known locally as the face of the Ninth Judicial Circuit judiciary and nationally for presiding over the Casey Anthony case will keep his current seat for his fifth term.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. has served as chief judge for Orange and Osceola between 1995 and 1999 and then again from 2001 through the present.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: August 14, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/JeffWeinerOS

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS
#CaseyAnthony's father, George, just made a quick appearance at #JeffAshton's victory party. He congratulated Ashton. 6m

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: August 14, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »

Thanks for the photos --- there's really not a lot of landscaping "there" there to the yard ... so frigidly plain.  The "Yard of the Month" sign is just so surreal ...

Tuned in online to WFTV ... Just saw Lawson Lamar concede the race to Jeff Ashton !       I didn't think Mr. Lamar was very gracious, actually - in fact, he wasn't [ but I'm picky ].  Since there are no Republican challenging contenders in November, that means Jeff won the seat!!!  I'm glad [ and I'm a Republican-lol ]

Good!

And thanks for the updates, grace-land.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: August 14, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/video.html?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/GeorgeAnthony0814.flv

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »

George Anthony talks about why he congratulated Jeff Ashton

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: August 14, 2012, 09:53:42 PM »

You're welcome, Brandi! 

It's unbelievable that GA visited the victory party for Ashton and the comments that he made!

GA -- "This man deserves the position he just earned.  He's a great guy." 

Soooo ... What have I missed?  Why didn't he help Caylee with his testimony--before and during the trial? 
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: August 14, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »

What did he want to show up for?  He makes me sick!  Ashton was a far greater champion for Caylee than her own grandfather ever was.
Hypocrite!

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #750 on: August 14, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »

What?  GA went to JA's victory party????  Well, they must've served free booze and chili.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #751 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »

It was a way to get hisname in the paper

So glad Jeff won
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: August 14, 2012, 10:49:47 PM »

Video at link

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Jeff-Ashton-hugged-praised-by-George-Anthony-on-state-attorney-win/-/1637132/16130384/-/5gmcsv/-/index.html

Jeff Ashton hugged, praised by George Anthony on state attorney win
Published On: Aug 14 2012 10:25:01 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -
Minutes after reporters finished questioning newly-elected Orange/ Osceola County State Attorney Jeff Ashton about the Casey Anthony trial at his election night victory party, Anthony's father showed up to congratulate Ashton.

George Anthony hugged Ashton, but the exchange was brief. Within seconds, Ashton ended the conversation, saying, "Thank you very much, bye bye." Anthony promptly turned and left.

Outside Ashton's victory celebration at the Friendly Confines Sports Restaurant in Winter Park, Anthony told Local 6, "This man deserves the position he just earned, he's a great guy. I've known him outside the courtroom more than people know. He's a passionate individual. He's going to do everything the right way."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: August 14, 2012, 10:59:06 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/8/14/ashton_wins_primary_.html

Ashton wins primary; George Anthony comes to congratulate him
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 @ 10:05PM

"He's going to do everything the right way," said George Anthony. "He wants to be in the courtroom. He wants to direct, he wants to be involved in every single case, and I think he will be. You can't just direct everything behind a desk."
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: August 15, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »

Casey Anthony Prosecutor Jeff Ashton Defeats Former Boss Lawson Lamar in Open Primary Last Night 54.5% to 45.5% for Orange-Osceola State Attorney Race

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/08/15/casey-anthony-prosecutor-jeff-ashton-defeats-former-boss-lawson-lamar-in-open-primary-last-night-54-5-to-45-5-for-orange-osceola-state-attorney-race/

Big upset and kudos to Jeff Ashton on his victory. George Anthony shows up to congradulate Ashton, huh?

Ironically enough, Lawson Lamar conceded the election at his campaign gathering in downtown Orlando, where among his supporters was prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick, who with Ashton handled the Casey Anthony murder trial in the death of Casey Anthony. Looks like LDB was on the losing side again. Ashton unsuccessfully prosecuted the Casey Anthony case as some how a clueless jury found the tot mom Casey Anthony “not guilty as sin” in the murder of her daughter Casey. As reported at WFTV9, Jeff Ashton has described his team’s loss in the Anthony trial as Lamar’s failure, one in a string of prosecutorial flops that have contributed to the office’s 50% conviction rate.

You judge a management system by how successful it is,” said Ashton, who worked as a prosecutor for 30 years before retiring last summer, shortly after Anthony’s acquittal. “Citizens expect their prosecutors to choose their cases well and then do their best to win them. I don’t think voters accept this idea that, ‘Hey, winning doesn’t really matter.’”

Wow, and now for something completely different … George Anthony actually came to Ashton’s election night HQ celebration gathering and congratulated Jeff Ashton on his victory. Truth is stranger than fiction and when it comes to the Anthony’s nothing gets more bizarre or strange. George Anthony showed his support for the man who was trying to put his daughter Casey on death row. You just can’t make this stuff up.

But outside Ashton’s campaign headquarters Tuesday night, George Anthony showed nothing but support for the man who once tried to send his daughter to death row.

“He’s going to do everything the right way,” said George Anthony. “He wants to be in the courtroom.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: August 15, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/ashton-looks-unseat-lamar-state-attorney-9th-circu/nRBkS/

Updated: 8:21 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012 | Posted: 7:42 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012

A former Florida trial lawyer who unsuccessfully prosecuted Casey Anthony on a charge of murdering her daughter has unseated Lawson Lamar for a key state attorney seat.

I honestly did not think that Ashton had a prayer of winning this when he first declared he was running for the position. Lamar was an entranched 5 term incumbent. Big ups for Ashton. Maybe some new blood in the office will turn around the conviction rate.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: August 15, 2012, 08:52:13 AM »

I honestly did not think that Ashton had a prayer of winning this when he first declared he was running for the position. Lamar was an entranched 5 term incumbent. Big ups for Ashton. Maybe some new blood in the office will turn around the conviction rate.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »

Wonder what Mr. Ashton was thinking when Mr. Hypocrite was babbling in his ear?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: August 15, 2012, 09:22:58 AM »

What?  GA went to JA's victory party????  Well, they must've served free booze and chili.

Lol...bet Cindy was not happy that George showed up.

In a way though, it shows me that George has not reconciled with Casey and that he was supportive of Jeff's work trying to convict Casey. At least that I how I see it.

Hubs and I were saying yesterday that it would be very tough for a marriage to survive with the mother reconciling with a daughter against the husband, after accusing father of such horrendous things that Casey accused him of. And the fact that George feels that Casey murdered Caylee and Cindy might know that she is a murderer but still continues to coddle her grand daughters murderer.  The resentment that George must feel...they will end up divorced.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: August 15, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »

Enjoyed all of the links!   Thanks --- Jeff has a lovely family;  In a way, Caylee has received a small, but important, form of justice, if you think about it.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.