March 28, 2024, 02:43:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #15 5/17/12 - 10/5/12  (Read 440184 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #960 on: October 02, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »

With respect to Caylee's Law, and I truly mean respect, the law refers to children who aren't reported missing.  Casey knew she wasn't missing, because she wasn't missing.  Casey knew where she was the whole time.  She was just biding time until someone (Sindy) forced her hand to tell a fabricated story (lie) about where the baby was.

Makes me angry all over again...sick witch.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: October 03, 2012, 04:20:33 PM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/341385/28/Casey-Anthony-wants-defamation-trial-moved

Casey Anthony wants defamation trial moved
6:17 PM, Oct 2, 2012

(CNN) - Casey Anthony's attorney wants his client's defamation trial moved, claiming it would be impossible for her to get a fair jury trial in Orange County, Florida.
 ::snipping2::
Gonzalez's lawyer says the change of venue motion is only an attempt by Anthony to delay the trial.

A hearing on the request is set for October 30th.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: October 03, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »

it is gonna follow the murderer no matter what county or state she goes to

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: October 03, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »

Location doesn't matter
The nation followed this story
Even foreign countries
She can go to tinbuck2and everyone would know she killed her baby

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »

Don't you know there are some potential jurors somewhere! Dying to be on the case to execute justice for caylee

Loca
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #965 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:41 PM »

Hello Monkies, I have missed you..!

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »

likewise! where ya been?

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: October 04, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »

10/4/12 Hearing today in Casey Anthony defamation lawsuit

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-zenaida-gonzalez-court-hearing-20121004,0,6803381.story
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #968 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »

likewise! where ya been?

I think I went into shock after the "Not Guilty" and just hearing the Black Hearted B's name made me ill  ...but I am getting better...

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: October 04, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »

10/4/12 Zenaida Gonzalez attorneys agree to avoid talk of Casey Anthony's murder trial

"Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez agreed in principle on Thursday to not mention Casey Anthony's murder trial during her upcoming defamation trial, if they can avoid it.

However, the murder trial could be mentioned on specific topics individually approved by the judge, such as to challenge the testimony of witnesses"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-zenaida-gonzalez-court-hearing-20121004,0,6803381.story
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: October 04, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/03/ijvm.01.html
Could Child Predator Be Involved in Charity Pulley Disappearance?

Aired October 3, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
Plus, will Casey Anthony be forced back into court? This time in the Zanny the Nanny trial. Remember Zenaida Gonzalez? She says Casey must pay for ruining her life. But Casey`s lawyers say there`s no way Casey can get a fair trial in the very area where protesters chanted their outrage as she was found not guilty of murdering her daughter. Tonight, should Casey stand trial again in Orlando?

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We the jury find the defendant not guilty.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They just let an obvious baby killer out of jail.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Justice for Caylee! Justice for Caylee!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What`s wrong with you?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Casey Anthony`s attorney says there is no way she can get a fair trial if the defamation case against her is held in Orange County, Florida.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This case that you`re suing Casey Anthony, it`s in Orange County, Florida, right?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Correct.

ZENAIDA GONZALEZ, SUING CASEY ANTHONY: A lot of e-mails during this whole procedure. I got a lot of threatening e-mails. And they were mostly threatening my daughters.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There`s no way that our jury pool is not going to already be aware of her criminal proceedings.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She`s got away with it, and you know it. And people are saying that it was OK. She didn`t get away with this. I can`t even talk.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They honestly just let her walk out and let everyone see it. I just thought it was unjust.

GONZALEZ: To me it was like, oh, my God, what am I going to do? You know, how am I going to tell you I didn`t do it?

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, Casey Anthony`s newest drama. Will she be forced to return to an Orlando courtroom to defend herself in a civil trial? It`s the very same courthouse where Casey was found not guilty in the murder of her little girl, Caylee.

And boy, did I spend months there. It`s the very same courthouse that turned chaotic, all because of Casey`s murder trial. Can Orlando handle another Casey Anthony trial? You could say the city`s just in recovery now after four years of Casey drama. Remember this?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CASEY ANTHONY, ACQUITTED OF MURDER: I know we`re going to see Caylee. I know she`s coming home. I can feel it.

I`m not in control over any of this because I don`t know what the hell`s going on. I don`t know what`s going on.

CINDY ANTHONY, CASEY`S MOTHER: What do you want me to tell Zanny?

CASEY ANTHONY: That she needs to return Caylee. I forgive her.

CINDY ANTHONY: What do you think the reasons are?

Someone just said that Caylee was dead this morning that she drowned in the pool. That`s the newest story out there.

CASEY ANTHONY: Surprise, surprise.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HLN HOST: You heard it. Casey blamed a woman she called "Zanny the Nanny" for Caylee`s disappearance. But it was all a lie. And now a real woman named Zenaida Gonzalez is suing her for defamation saying her life`s been ruined.

Zenaida was interviewed by police because of Casey`s statement and she says the media has forever linked her to this case.

Casey`s attorney wants the trial moved out of Orlando and Orange County. He says Casey will not get a fair trial because everybody has an opinion on this case. Zenaida`s attorney calls it nonsense.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MATT MORGAN, ATTORNEY FOR ZENAIDA GONZALEZ: It was the epicenter of everything that was Casey. So to think or believe that a resident of Orange County would not be aware of what was going on in the criminal trial is just not reasonable.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But the fact is Casey`s murder trial is over. Zenaida Gonzalez was never actually linked to Caylee`s death because we all know that there was no "Zanny the Nanny". So why isn`t that enough? Why is she still suing? Here`s the answer Zenaida herself gave at her depo.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That`s not the closure you needed, a national trial with the unprecedented publicity where others are blamed for the disappearance and death of Caylee Anthony. That`s not enough to give you the closure that you need?

ZENAIDA GONZALEZ, SUING CASEY ANTHONY FOR DEFAMATION: No. It didn`t come out of her mouth.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Casey`s probation is now history. She`s free to do whatever she wants. The big question, will Casey once again be starring as the main attraction at the Orlando courthouse? Casey`s attorneys will be in court tomorrow to argue evidence of her murder trial should be withheld; in other words that the murder trial should not be entered into the civil trial.

But the big question tonight, can Casey Anthony get a fair trial in Orlando? We`re going to duke it out.

Attorneys Michelle Suskauer and Joey Jackson on either side of this issue. Ladies first -- Michelle, can Casey Anthony get a fair trial in Orlando? Or should the trial be moved?

MICHELLE SUSKAUER, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: The trial needs to be moved or a jury needs to be imported from another county, which is what happened in the criminal case. Jane, you were in the middle of it. I was there too. It was an absolute circus.

And I`m not saying that this case would necessarily be as crazy a circus. I don`t think it would. But the fact of the matter is that no one is going to be able to have an open mind and not have prejudged her.

And this is like an O.J. situation. You know, he was acquitted. And then he had this civil case. And, you know, people may have -- again, it`s a different situation, but hold it against him because they think he got away with murder. And that`s what`s going to happen here.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Joey Jackson, that`s the argument to move the case. Oh, she got away with murder. Now we`re going to stick it to her in this civil case.

JOEY JACKSON, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: It`s an unfair fight. Michelle`s too good at this.

No look, here`s the point. The point is that anywhere you go it could potentially be problematic. Why? Because remember although it was local to that specific county, everyone around the country knows about this particular case. And furthermore, you can indeed get a fair trial there. Why? Because you know you can rehabilitate jurors.

Jane, what does it mean? It means you can say although you`ve heard about the case, you wouldn`t hold against her this other case, right? You`re going to decide the merits of this case, are you not? And therefore by voir diring juries adequately and appropriately you could empanel jurors and regular citizens who could give her, her day in court.

SUSKAUER: Not this particular person. This is very, very personal to Orange County. This is very personal to Orlando. This is a completely unusual situation. And just like the intro to this, this city is just starting to heal and to do this again.

I mean there is so much anger and hatred to this particular person. She is absolutely -- people just revile her. So to have it there it just makes no sense. And your argument about, well, everybody hates her everywhere and everyone`s --

JACKSON: They do.

SUSKAUER: Ok. Then why even have a trial? Just give her the money or give her the judgment and just throw your hands up.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait a second. First of all, what money?

Matt Morgan, you`re the attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez who is suing Casey Anthony. My sources tell me she is not going to settle. This is going to go to trial. But what`s the point? We all know Casey Anthony has not been able to sell that big deal. Somebody called her radioactive. She can`t sell her story. She doesn`t have money. So what if you win? What are you going to get?

MORGAN (via telephone): Well, it`s good to hear from you, Jane. Ultimately at the end of the day Zenaida is looking for justice; and so justice in the form of holding Casey Anthony accountable. It was a big victory for Zenaida when we ultimately obtained service on Casey Anthony meaning that she has to come to our civil trial. Whether or not we can --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Whoa, whoa, whoa -- wait a second. You`re telling me, because a lot of times in a civil trial the defendant doesn`t have to show up, you`re saying we`re going to see Casey Anthony going to court every day in this civil trial? Or just for some key moments like the verdict?

MORGAN: Well, her attorneys are likely going to attempt to keep her out of the courtroom for all moments of the trial other than her testimony when we call her to the stand. But we expect to see her in the courtroom. It would be our desire to keep her in the defendant`s chair throughout the entire course of the civil proceeding like every other defendant in a civil proceeding. Ultimately though her attorneys are going to file motions in order to keep her out and we`re going to fight those.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We`ll have to see how that plays out.

Now, let me ask you this other big question. Here`s the other debating point that we`re going to debate with our panel. Should the murder trial for which she was acquitted although she was found guilty of four counts of lying be part of this civil case, this defamation suit against Casey Anthony?

Remember Casey`s parents -- Cindy and George? Who could forget? This has been a nightmare for them. Are they going to have to relive it again? Here`s Cindy in court listening to her phone call to 911 when she realized her precious granddaughter Caylee was missing. Remember this moment?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CINDY ANTHONY: I found out my granddaughter has been taken. She has been missing for a month. Her mother finally admitted that she`s been missing.

(CROSSTALK)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Ok. What is the address that you`re calling from?

(inaudible)

CINDY ANTHONY: We`re talking about a three-year-old little girl.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: 4937 -- what?

(inaudible)

CINDY ANTHONY: Oh, my God, the baby`s been stolen. I need to find her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Your daughter admitted that the baby is where?

CINDY ANTHONY: The baby sitter took her a month ago. My daughter`s been looking for. I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today. But I can`t find my granddaughter.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: On the other side of the break we are going to debate what is going to be discussed in court tomorrow and argued in court tomorrow. And namely is the murder trial going to become the centerpiece of the civil case against her? Are we going to have to relive this whole sordid ordeal, this tragic ordeal, over again? On the other side.
(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CASEY ANTHONY: Can someone let me -- come on.

CINDY ANTHONY: Casey, hold on, sweetheart. Settle down, baby.

CASEY ANTHONY: Nobody`s letting me speak. You want me to talk, then --

CINDY ANTHONY: All right. I`ll listen.

CASEY ANTHONY: -- give me three seconds to say something.

CINDY ANTHONY: Go sweetheart.

CASEY ANTHONY: I`m not in control over any of this because I don`t know what the hell`s going on.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, tomorrow in court they`re also going to debate whether or not the murder trial where Casey Anthony was acquitted of murdering her daughter Caylee but found guilty of four counts of lying should be included in the civil case that Zenaida Gonzalez, "Zanny the Nanny", is filing against Casey Anthony.

Let`s go to our debate team, Michelle Suskauer, criminal defense attorney versus Joey Jackson. What say you, Michelle?

SUSKAUER: How is this relevant? That`s what I want to know. How is it relevant to prove defamation? What she did -- this is -- she was not convicted of a crime of dishonesty -- actually, she was convicted of something of the other charges. But she wasn`t convicted of murder. How is that relevant as to whether or not she defamed this woman?

The defamation, the allegations occurred prior to the trial. So certainly, you know, there`s going to be a tremendous argument to keep that out is that it`s more prejudicial than probative. It will hurt her more than it`s relevant to the case. And I think that`s what the big argument is. I don`t think it should come in.

JACKSON: Jane, your honor.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Joey. Yes.

JACKSON: Listen, it`s coming in. It`s relevant and it`s probative. Here`s why. We`re talking about defamation. What is defamation? It`s injurious. It`s an injury to your reputation. How is my reputation damaged? Because you have an instance where she embroiled Zenaida Gonzalez into this horrific tale, to this horrific tragedy.

So you have to explain to the jury, you have to give them context and you have to say this is why I was defamed, because you have this major sensational trial in which I`m brought up as a critical centerpiece to it. So in order to give the jury some relevance, some context as to how she was defamed, as to how her character was impugned, you have to discuss to some degree the murder trial.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right.

SUSKAUER: And then have the case -- and then have the trial in Orange County, right?

JACKSON: Absolutely. Have it right there. I believe in the jury system. I believe you can have fair jurors.

SUSKAUER: Yes, ok.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No, but listen. Let`s go back and recap and review. I mean the thing that was so bizarre about this trial, the crowds that came to the courthouse. It was like they were at some kind of rock concert. Remember this?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Let him go. Let him go. Let him go.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I mean, forget rock concert. That`s some kind of crazy rave.

This is a trial. And I`m wondering whether if indeed Matt Morgan, the attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, is successful with his attempt to get Casey Anthony to show up at court every day, if in fact we`re going to see this kind of craziness again. Matt Morgan, do you really think that`s a good idea? You`re the attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, but having a circus is not really going to help your case.

MORGAN: We don`t want to see any craziness. We want this trial to proceed in an orderly, calm fashion and just let the evidence come out. It`s not our intention to cause a riot to have the public kind of get real revved up about this. We just want to have our trial, present our case.

Remember Jane, we`ve been waiting to present this case since 2008. So we just want to get in there and state Zenaida`s case. And we believe that a jury`s going to return a favorable verdict.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Are you -- quick question, Matt, are you going to call Cindy and George to the stand?

MORGAN: Well, I can`t get into that. I really can`t get into what evidence --

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. You can`t get into it. I respect that.

More on the other side. Your calls.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: One time thought that when Casey came home, that she changed the version of events that you understood about Sawgrass Apartments --

CINDY ANTHONY: I`m done. I`ve already answered the question. She`s not the one --

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cindy Anthony -- she`s been through hell. She`s been grilled up, down and sideways. Will it happen again as Casey Anthony goes to trial again, this time in a defamation suit filed by "Zanny the Nanny", the real Zenaida Gonzalez, who said her life was ruined by Casey Anthony`s lies.

Straight out to the phone lines -- Ashley in Kentucky, you have been so patient. Your question or thought, Ashley?

ASHLEY, KENTUCKY (via telephone): Hi, Jane. I love you. Joey Jackson, I think you`re a genius. I agree with everything you said. The four counts of lying, the murder trial, it`s all relevant. Give the citizens of Orange County a chance to be fair and impartial.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I think you made a good point. Matt Morgan, the reason why the murder trial in your opinion should come into play is that obviously the reason why "Zanny the Nanny" is a phrase we all know is because that was the lie that Casey Anthony told even though on the first day of her murder trial her attorney Jose Baez admitted that there was no "Zanny the Nanny"; that it was a total lie. And of course, he claimed the child drowned accidentally and sort of pointed the finger at George Anthony. Is that why you are saying that it`s relevant?

MORGAN: Exactly. We are not going to stand in court and offer to the jury evidence. We`re not going to say this was the evidence which was offered in the criminal case and so now you need to hear it in the civil case. But inevitably we`re going to have to get evidence in from the criminal trial to prove our case. We are not going to tell the jury what happened in the criminal trial. We are not going to say this piece of evidence was offered in the criminal trial.

But you`re 100 percent correct. There are certain pieces of evidence which we need to prove our case.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Now, Casey murder trial must have cost the city of Orlando a fortune. Remember the extra security, the crowd control? Another reminder, check this out.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Caylee. Caylee.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Susan Constantine, jury consultant joining us from Orlando. What`s the buzz there? I mean is there a sense that this is going to be a nightmare for Orlando if the trial is not moved?

SUSAN CONSTANTINE, JURY CONSULTANT: Well, Jane. I hate to disappoint everyone. There really isn`t a whole lot of buzz going on here. So everything seems to be quite quiet.

I haven`t heard anyone, unless I`m at the courthouse and, you know, I`m there in trial, working. That`s the only time I hear about it. When I`m outside the courtroom, I never hear a word.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Susan, if they move this out of Orlando it`s going to cost a lot of money. You`re a jury consultant. I mean the witnesses, the experts, everybody, the lawyers have to move to another city and set up camp there. That`s hugely expensive.

CONSTANTINE: I don`t think that they`re going to move it. I don`t think that`s necessarily the best remedy either. You know, I understand that others think this is a personal issue. Yes, it is. But people are really over it. Not only that we really can`t afford it now. This has been a nationally publicized -- this is not just here in Orlando. It`s everywhere in the United States, the Internet, the television stations, the talk shows. It doesn`t matter, Jane, where it goes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: As they say, Marshall McLuhan, "We live in a global village," right? Ok. So somewhere, Casey Anthony is going to have to face "Zanny the Nanny". More next.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #971 on: October 05, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »

Normally.........but I need the practice, so I'm going to change it now........hang on.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: October 05, 2012, 07:44:52 AM »

Good morning Nut.  It's just like riding a bicycle...   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #973 on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:17 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.