March 28, 2024, 01:01:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling Away the Future...who looks out for the little people?  (Read 1254 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 01, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »

MF Global has been in the news a lot.

"After a Delay, MF Global’s Missing Money Is Traced"

Money doesn't just disappear.  It doesn't vaporize.  It goes somewhere.  I imagine there is always a paper or electronic trail to follow.

Why didn't anyone track down all the money that disappeared in 2008?  Anyone still waiting?  Did that money vaporize too?

Why did it fall on the backs of taxpayers and future generations to make good on all those empty bank accounts?

Investigators have determined what happened to nearly all of the customer money that disappeared from MF Global around the time of its bankruptcy last Oct. 31, but have not publicly disclosed their progress, fearing that doing so might cripple efforts to recover the cash and pursue potential wrongdoing, people briefed on the investigation said.

This sounds a lot like the inaction of 2008.  Geithner helped create the mess, he is vital to unwinding it...

And, did we get out money back?  Were all the little people, the little investors made whole?  Maybe they're waiting for the collapse of the money,when a current dollar is worth what a penny was in 2008?  After inflation makes those investments worthless? 

Meanwhile, the Fed continues giving a way trillions to foreign banks, mystery people, nameless faceless folks that in their mind are more important than folks on Main Street?  Main Street is only needed to pay back all that borrowed money?  Cattle?

While authorities have traced hundreds of millions of dollars to banks, MF Global’s trading partners and even the firm’s securities customers, investigators remain uncertain about whether they can retrieve the money.

What is wrong with this picture?

At the center of the squabbling are e-mails sent by top executives at MF Global — communications that have been withheld from federal authorities, according to the people briefed on the matter. Investigators suspect the e-mails, sent just before the firm collapsed, contain clues about who transferred the money from protected customer accounts.

Just before they collapse someone was busy draining customer accounts and sending the money?  Why?  Theft?

For some reason, Corzine has $500,000 to donate to Obama 2012?

And, no one wants to release the emails?  Maybe they plan to wait until after Obama is re-elected?

...The clearinghouse may have passed on the money to MF Global’s trading partners, who would have rightful claims to money from MF Global. A major part of futures customer money also went to securities customers who were closing accounts in October.

I wonder how many had insider information?  Ah...it's collapsing...you may want to get over here and take yours away...

read more here - http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/mf-globals-missing-money-is-slowly-being-tracked-down/

Looters?  Are these people any different from the looters that rob the gold and treasure from museums?  Leave death and devastation behind?  They just do it with a computer transaction?

Where is the firewall to protect depositors? 

Who decides who the winners and losers are?

Any chance real people will get a fair chance at prosperity after Corzine donates $500,000 to Obama's 2012 campaign?

Real people just keep getting stuck with the bill.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »

Every day there seems to be a story in the news about rip-off artists going door to door to steal from folks.

There are patterns to the behavior.  Sometimes the homeowner lets in someone with a faux utility worker ID.  Once they start going to the 'problem', someone else enters the home and starts ransacking it.  Police called, bad guys get away.

Sometimes, faux workers offer to apply blacktop sealer and ripoff the homeowner by apply some water based goo that washes away in the rain.  Homeowner looses hundreds.

How are the folks from MF any different?  The folks that 'vaporized' TRILLIONS in 2008?  Why don't any of these people go to jail?

Prior to and during WWII, fascist governments ripped off millions due to their religion, race, and ethnic origin.  Same in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and throughout time.  Some end up in camps and their last remaining goods and gold fillings are pried from their lifeless (or almost) bodies.  Sometimes, they are brought up on charges in some international tribunal.

Where is the tribunal for those that ripped off Americans?  Helping Americans to the ranks of the homeless?  Job loss?  Generational theft through taxation and inflation?  The ones that vaporized TRILLIONS, and seem to be consuming ever more of America's resources?  Are they not criminals too?

Why do politicians seem to keep protecting them?  Taking campaign contributions?

When does it end?  HAMP 3?  'it may have been immoral, but not necessarily illegal...' - Barack H. Obama

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.