April 26, 2024, 06:45:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)  (Read 260884 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/03/15/2068765/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html
Arrest made in Texas in disappearance of Samantha Koenig
Casey Grove, Anchorage Daily News
March 15, 2012

::snipping2::
Markiewicz would not comment on whether police believe Keyes abducted Koenig or what led the authorities to him.

Just after Keyes was arrested, police served a search warrant at a house near Clay Products Drive and Spurr Lane, in Anchorage's Turnagain neighborhood. Markiewicz said Keyes -- a construction company owner believed to be its sole employee -- lived at the house recently. Detectives have served nearly 40 search warrants in Anchorage at residences and to get phone records, Markiewicz said.

On a website for his business, Keyes lists his work history in construction. He says that he worked in Washington from 1995 to 1997. After that, the site says he served in the Army for three years, stationed at Fort Lewis in Washington, Fort Hood in Texas and in Egypt before he was discharged in 2000. From 2001 to 2007, he worked for the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay, Wash. He moved to Alaska and started his business in 2007, his website says.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2012, 10:07:01 PM »

I read about the arrest in Lufkin last night, but they only said it was related to an out of state kidnapping.  I wondered then if it would end up being a case I knew about!  I didn't put it together with this until I just saw the picture of the arrest from the fb link a few minutes ago. 

I had so many windows open my computer was moving at a crawl...so by the time I got ready to post MuffyBee had already posted three articles about it!   

I hope they find her safe and soon!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2012, 10:18:17 PM »

I read about the arrest in Lufkin last night, but they only said it was related to an out of state kidnapping.  I wondered then if it would end up being a case I knew about!  I didn't put it together with this until I just saw the picture of the arrest from the fb link a few minutes ago. 

I had so many windows open my computer was moving at a crawl...so by the time I got ready to post MuffyBee had already posted three articles about it!   

Texas Mom, you must have been surprised after reading about an arrest in Lufkin last night related to an out of state kidnapping, to find out today it's Samantha Koenig's case.  I posted a few articles, because they each have some different information contained within.  I didn't mean to robo post    I hope Samantha can be found safe and soon too! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »

http://keyesconstruction.net/

Israel Keyes website for business.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »

Texas Mom, you must have been surprised after reading about an arrest in Lufkin last night related to an out of state kidnapping, to find out today it's Samantha Koenig's case.  I posted a few articles, because they each have some different information contained within.  I didn't mean to robo post    I hope Samantha can be found safe and soon too! 

Yes, I was surprised MuffyBee.  It was really a funny feeling because of that thought that I'd had when I read about the arrest...  No case in particular came to mind, and I never would have imagined it would have been related to Samantha.  I haven't followed very closely but had never read that a suspect may be in Texas, if it was ever mentioned.

I didn't consider your posts robo posting at all!  All of the information was interesting and you're just one fast Bee! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2012, 11:29:42 PM »

http://www.ktuu.com/news/texas-arrest-made-in-samantha-koenig-031512,0,1040660.story
Texas Arrest Made in Samantha Koenig Case

U.S. attorneys also ask in the documents that Keyes be held without bail, because of both escape risk and "a serious risk that the defendant will obstruct or attempt to obstruct justice, or threaten, injure, or intimidate or attempt to threaten, injure or intimidate, a prospective witness or juror."

In a live interview with Channel 2's Mike Ross on the 5:00 Report, APD detective Sgt. Slawomir Markiewicz said Keyes had a central role in the case.

"We believe that he is the person that -- that was the main figure in the abduction and he's the main person of interest," Markiewicz said. "We can't go into details on his role and say what happened; what we can say is that his arrest is related to the case."

While Markiewicz emphasized the tentative nature of the investigation, he said police think Keyes was personally involved in Koenig's abduction.

They sound pretty confident that they've got their guy.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »

WOW
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:12 AM »

http://www.ktre.com/story/17171075/lufkin-kidnapping-arrest-tied-to-alaska-abduction

Lufkin kidnapping arrest tied to Alaska abduction
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 5:04 PM PDT Updated: Mar 15, 2012 7:45 PM PDT
By Jeff Awtrey, ID - email

Source: KTVA Source: KTVA
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A man arrested Tuesday at the Lufkin Cotton Patch parking lot has been connected to an Alaska abduction, according to Anchorage Police.

According to a press release, Anchorage Police have had two detectives in Texas for several days as they investigated the abduction of Samantha Koenig, 18.

Police say Tuesday's arrest of Israel Keyes is directly connected to that abduction, but Koenig is still missing.

"In the long run our goal is the same that's to find Samantha and to bring her home," said James Koenig, Samantha's father.

Keyes is being held in a federal facility in Beaumont. The federal arrest warrant is sealed, so details related to the charges will not be released.

Authorities still need help in finding Koenig. Anyone who has been in contact with Keyes or his business, Keyes Construction, since Jan. 1 should call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2012, 12:21:52 AM »

I pray she's alive and found soon!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2012, 01:15:41 AM »

Wowser, never expected this!! I swear my jaw hit the floor! 
Where the heck is Sam?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »

Holy smokes! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/2373079/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html
Texas arrest linked to disappearance of Samantha Koenig
By CASEY GROVE
Anchorage Daily News
March 15, 2012

Just after Keyes was arrested, police served a search warrant at a house in Anchorage's Turnagain neighborhood. Markiewicz said Keyes resides at the house on Spurr Lane, a narrow dead-end street off of Clay Products Drive.

Next-door neighbors Michele Buwalda and Tom McMillan said Keyes lives there with a woman named Kimberly Anderson, who is also listed as the owner of the house in city property records. A daughter they estimated was 12 or 13 lives with the couple at least some of the time, they said.

Markiewicz said Anderson is not a suspect or person of interest in the case.

Since Keyes and Anderson moved in a few years ago, the couple made many improvements to what is one of the more modest homes on the street, Buwalda and McMillan said. Keyes and Anderson were quiet and polite. They threw a couple of small parties each year, the neighbors said.

"I would be pretty surprised if he's involved with it," McMillan said.

Keyes spent a lot of time running saws and other equipment in the yard for his construction business, occasionally running afoul of neighbors because of late evening noise, they said.

Neighbors said that they noticed an unmarked police car idling for hours on Monday at an intersection a block away. Tuesday morning police arrived in unmarked cars, neighbors said. Wearing SWAT gear and carrying rifles, they swarmed the blue house. They took pictures and seemed to be collecting evidence. Later on that day, police followed Anderson's car as she pulled into the driveway, neighbors said. She left with them. Her car and Keyes' truck were towed. She returned the next day by cab. A crime scene van stayed parked outside the house until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, neighbors said.
"We certainly want to find out what projects he did. Whether he had access to other residences, whether he had keys to other houses. Any information like that," Markiewicz said.

Koenig's fate remains unknown and the investigators continue to treat her disappearance as a highly sensitive abduction case, Markiewicz said.

"We investigated as if she's alive. We haven't found her. We don't know what happened with her. We're concerned. We don't know if she's alive," Markiewicz said. "We have investigated this from the beginning as an abduction. Nothing has changed with that. We are very concerned that she hasn't been seen for six weeks."

"The truth is, we don't know her whereabouts ... and we don't know what's happened with her since she was abducted," he said.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »

March 16, 2012 8:43 AM

Arrest made in case of missing Alaska barista Samantha Koenig, police say

(CBS/AP) ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Authorities said a man who owns a construction company in Anchorage has been arrested in Texas on charges related to the disappearance of an 18-year-old barista.

According to police, 34-year-old Israel Keyes was arrested this week in the disappearance of Samantha Koenig. He was described in a statement issued by police Thursday as "a person of interest" in Koenig's disappearance.

"He's the only person we charged and the only person of interest. The biggest thing at this time is that we haven't found Samantha Koenig and we don't know her whereabouts," Detective Slawomir Markiewicz told the Anchorage Daily News.

This arrest is the only public break Koenig's case. The arrest warrant remains sealed and police have revealed few details in the incident. On Feb. 1,  Koenig was last seen on surveillance tape being led away against her will by a man with a weapon at about 8 p.m. from the coffee shack where she worked.

Police spokeswoman Anita Shell confirmed that few details would be immediately released.

"Because of the sensitivity of the case, they sealed it so it didn't compromise the case," she told the Associated Press.

Police have not revealed the charges against Keyes but according to the charging document filed in a Texas federal courthouse, Keyes is charged with access device fraud, which in the past has been used to prosecute people who illegally use another person's bank or credit card to steal money.

The police department said the arrest was a combined effort of the Anchorage police, the FBI and Texas authorities.

Shell said investigators want to speak to anyone who had personal contact with Keyes or his business, Keyes Construction.

"They're just wanting to talk to anybody who may have had contact with him in the past to see if there's any links that they can put together," Shell said.

Federal and local law enforcement are now asking for help from the public to find out more information about the self-employed builder.

"As I've said before, I believe this case will be solved. This is a step toward that goal, a big step," Detective Markiewicz said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57398673-504083/arrest-made-in-case-of-missing-alaska-barista-samantha-koenig-police-say/

Challapalca him!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2012, 02:41:57 PM »

i was just curious,how keys would know the coffee shop,there is a home D,across the
st from shop,and it is 2.2mile to the area,from his web listed addy

http://g.co/maps/2s8s5

keys

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »

Shell said investigators want to speak to anyone who had personal contact with Keyes or his business, Keyes Construction.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57398673-504083/arrest-made-in-case-of-missing-alaska-barista-samantha-koenig-police-say/

wonder what LE are looking for, that a search of home/s office/s, wont tell LE

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »

wonder what LE are looking for, that a search of home/s office/s, wont tell LE

I'm wondering if LE might find Samantha is being held at one of the places, or they can find evidenceshe's has been kept there in the past days, or (and I  hope this isn't the case) her remains are in one of the locations where he worked. 

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/2373079/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html
"We certainly want to find out what projects he did. Whether he had access to other residences, whether he had keys to other houses. Any information like that," Markiewicz said.

Koenig's fate remains unknown and the investigators continue to treat her disappearance as a highly sensitive abduction case, Markiewicz said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

like here,i havet found anything for lufkin yet

6.  KEYES, ISRAEL

Possible Employment / Business Associations:

KEYES CONSTRUCTION General Contractors-Single-Family Houses
 Available(1) Available NEAH BAY, WA
CONSTABLE, NY
ANCHORAGE, AK  
 View Details
http://www.veromi.net/Summary.asp?fn=israel&mn=&ln=keyes&dobmm=&dobdd=&doby=&city=&state=TX&age=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=80&y=13

i searched the document keyes
http://franklincony.org/content/Departments/View/14:field=permits;/content/Permits/View/4:field=documents;/content/Documents/File/1073.pdf

STATE OF NEW YORK 2 0 0 9 F I N A L A S S E S S M E N T R O L L PAGE 104
COUNTY - Franklin county T A X A B L E SECTION OF THE ROLL - 1 VALUATION DATE-JUL 01, 2008
TOWN - Constable OWNERS NAME SEQUENCE TAXABLE STATUS DATE-MAR 01, 2009
SWIS - 163600 UNIFORM PERCENT OF VALUE IS 011.48
******************************************************************************************************* 26.-1-17.400 ***************
511 Poplar St 1-009-19.00  Edit to add map link per cw.  MB http://g.co/maps/xqgy7
26.-1-17.400 210 1 Family Res COUNTY TAXABLE VALUE 3,300
Keyes Israel Malone Central 164801 800 TOWN TAXABLE VALUE 3,300
3705 Arctic Blvd #2891 T 4 G 8 26-1-17.200 3,300 SCHOOL TAXABLE VALUE 3,300
Anchorage, AK 99503 Rubans Road FD010 Constable fire prot 3,300 TO
Rubans Rubans
ACRES 9.99
EAST-0543982 NRTH-2234110
DEED BOOK 685 PG-173
FULL MARKET VALUE 28,746
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:23:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »

sorry i forgot the map link

511 Poplar St constable ny
http://g.co/maps/xqgy7

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2012, 04:07:04 PM »

wow!

Israel Keyes Background: Ted Land Reports
http://www.ktuu.com/videogallery/68851494/News/Israel-Keyes-Background-Ted-Land-Reports

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.