April 24, 2024, 05:58:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)  (Read 260803 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

I am guessing that he confessed and gave up her location and details (since they already know that she died within hours).

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »

I am heartsick.  And Sam....I did put up flyers and I did look, and I am so, so, so sorry I ever doubted you and those that loved you.  Not sure I can follow the cases any more, monkeys.  The bad guys are winning and there is nothing we can do.....

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »

I am heartsick.  And Sam....I did put up flyers and I did look, and I am so, so, so sorry I ever doubted you and those that loved you.  Not sure I can follow the cases any more, monkeys.  The bad guys are winning and there is nothing we can do.....

Oh, akmom...I know the feeling.  It breaks my heart when I see this kind of news.  I have wanted to stop many times too.  We care and so it hurts us. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2012, 11:35:19 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/FindSamanthaKoenig

Please Help Find Samantha Koenig.
34 minutes ago
Please respect the family's privacy at this time, you may leave messages here of support and prayers.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/FBI-Searches-Matanuska-Lake-in-Con-145862065.html
FBI Searches Matanuska Lake for Evidence in Koenig Kidnapping Case
April 2, 2012
UPDATE - APD Chief says Koenig is dead.
UPDATE - Authorities believe Keyes is the person who killed her; he acted alone, and she died within a few hours of her abduction. She was found by a forensic dive team today, April 2.

More...

I am just floored. I saw her thread was moved but thought it was moved to "high profile". I wasn't expecting this yet. OMG, my worst fears are being realized.....I can not imagine what her family is enduring right now. RIP sweet Samantha and please watch over your Daddy an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: April 02, 2012, 11:41:56 PM »

I am guessing that he confessed and gave up her location and details (since they already know that she died within hours).

There's a photo of the location where she was found if you go to this article link and the photo is on the right side.  It's such a remote location, and it's said in the articles divers located her body, so I tend to agree with you at this time that Israel Keyes gave the location.  I guess we'll find out the sad details of this senseless murder  soon.  

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/04/02/2092707/police-fbi-plan-koenig-news-conference.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2012, 11:47:02 PM »

Thanks for all your updates you brought us AKMom. You helped this family get the word out and I thank you for that. I know all of us Monkeys would have been there to stand by your side had we lived closer. Hugs to you AKMom  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »

http://www.wsbt.com/news/investigators-say-matanuska-lake-scene-related-to-samantha-koenig-040212,0,782455.story
Samantha Koenig's Body Found at Matanuska Lake
April 2, 2012

Anchorage police announced Monday evening that a body believed to be that of missing barista Samantha Koenig was found during a crime-scene investigation in Matanuska Lake, apparently ending a months-long mystery that has gripped the city and attracted national coverage.

In a joint appearance with FBI officials at APD headquarters, APD Chief Mark Mew said divers discovered the body Monday morning during an investigation at the lake. The search drew numerous members of APD, the Alaska State Troopers and FBI to the scene, which lies off the Glenn Highway near the Palmer-Wasilla Highway interchange and the Matanuska-Susitna Regional Hospital. State medical examiners will verify the identity of the body.
 ::snipping2::
Mary Rook, special agent in charge of the FBI's Anchorage Division, said investigators believed there was no connection between the abductor and the Koenig family. She credited callers ans officials who provided information in the case from Alaska, as well as the Lower 48, for their role in the investigation.

"We received hundreds of phone calls from people in Anchorage and from many locations across the Lower 48," Rook said. "Likewise, when assistance was required in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, local, state and federal authorities moved quickly to support and move this investigation forward. In fact, were it not for the efforts of several very alert and dedicated Texas law enforcement officers, Samantha's abductor may still be at large."

Investigators had been at the lake since mid-morning Monday, where FBI spokesperson Darrin Jones confirmed that authorities were conducting an investigation that was related to Koenig’s Feb. 1 abduction.

Access to the lake was blocked off, but several undercover APD vehicles and the department's Major Crime Scene Unit van were present. A wide area was roped off with crime-scene tape, and several marker cones had been placed on the ground.

At Monday's press conference, Rook again asked the community for further information relating to a white Chevrolet pickup truck Keyes drove as part of his business, Keyes Construction, as well as tips from anybody who helped Keyes remove a large utility rack from the vehicle or saw it in the vicinity of Common Grounds Espresso on Feb. 1.
"We would like to reiterate our request for information relative to the movement of the white pickup truck," Rook said. "Specifically, we want to hear from anyone who may have seen the truck in the vicinity of Matanuska Lake."

Live Stream Replay:  Samantha Koenig's Body Found At Matanuska Lake (at link)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: April 02, 2012, 11:52:19 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/KTVA

Ken Fankhauser ‏ @photogfank
People are starting to gather at common grounds coffee where Sam worked
Retweeted by KTVA CBS 11 News
1m KTVA CBS 11 News ‏ @KTVA 
Special @KTVA news Ch 11 right now #searchforsam

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: April 02, 2012, 11:57:08 PM »

Praying for all of the breaking hearts tonight.  I pray now that there is enough evidence to get rid of the scum that did this forever! 

an angelic monkey  And ITA "...that there is enough evidence to get rid of the scum that did this forever!"
I hope they didn't make a deal with him. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2012, 12:06:25 AM »

Praying for all of the breaking hearts tonight.  I pray now that there is enough evidence to get rid of the scum that did this forever!  

an angelic monkey  And ITA "...that there is enough evidence to get rid of the scum that did this forever!"
I hope they didn't make a deal with him.  

That crossed my mind too and I guess we'll find out later.  I'm hoping there was a tip or some tips that led to the lake.  Maybe someone saw his truck in the area.    But LE is still looking for anyone that may have seen his white truck around the lake, so I just don't know.  
Self edit to add link and article quote snip in regard to LE requesting anyone that may have seen Israel Keyes white truck in the lake area:

http://www.ktuu.com/news/investigators-say-matanuska-lake-scene-related-to-samantha-koenig-040212,0,442208.story
At Monday's press conference, Rook again asked the community for further information relating to a white Chevrolet pickup truck Keyes drove as part of his business, Keyes Construction, as well as tips from anybody who helped Keyes remove a large utility rack from the vehicle or saw it in the vicinity of Common Grounds Espresso on Feb. 1.

"We would like to reiterate our request for information relative to the movement of the white pickup truck," Rook said. "Specifically, we want to hear from anyone who may have seen the truck in the vicinity of Matanuska Lake."

Anyone with information on the truck is asked to contact authorities at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:18:26 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2012, 12:48:03 AM »

I just saw the news.  So sad.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

R. I. P. Samantha.

Condolences to your Dad and all that loved and cared for you.   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »

akmom - I looked for your updates every day.  Thank you! 
Bless you for caring so much!   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »

Another sad ending.  There are just too many mean guys loose on our streets. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »

Another senseless murder.  How heartbreaking for Samantha's loved ones.

JUSTICE FOR SAMANTHA!

Challapalca him!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »

So sorry for Samantha and her family..another sad ending. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/18086172/article-Anchorage-police-say-body-found-in-lake-believed-to-be-missing-barista?instance=home_news_window_left_top_1
Body of missing barista found in lake north of Anchorage
April 2, 2012, Updated 9:47 p.m.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The body of a missing 18-year-old barista was found in a lake Monday, almost two months to the day she was last seen on a surveillance camera video being led away from the coffee shack where she worked, Anchorage Police Chief Mark Mew said.
The state medical examiner will conduct an autopsy, which will include verification of identity, he said.

"Investigators believe Samantha died within hours of her abduction," Mew said, adding the investigation is ongoing.

"Investigators further believe the person responsible for Samantha's death acted alone, and we are confident that we have that person in custody," Mew said.
"We are working closely with the U.S. Attorney's Office, and charges for Samantha's kidnapping and murder will be forthcoming," Mew said.
When Keyes, the owner of an Anchorage construction company, was transferred to Alaska by federal marshals, Koenig's father said she did not know Keyes. James Koenig told the Anchorage Daily News he believes his daughter was the victim of a random abduction.

Mary Rook, the FBI's special agent in charge, confirmed the apparently chance nature of the abduction.

"Investigators found no direct association between the abductor and Samantha or any member of her family," Rook said at the news conference. "I believe it was largely the dissociative nature of this crime that so perplexed investigators, at least initially."

Investigators earlier said they're looking for people who may have seen the truck in late January and early February near the midtown Anchorage coffee shack where Koenig worked and in other locations.
Keyes likely would have needed help moving the rack on or off the truck, and investigators would like to speak to anyone who may have assisted him.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »

I am really wondering this morning if Israel Keyes has attacked and/or abducted other women?  Has he murdered before? 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:44 AM »

I am really wondering this morning if Israel Keyes has attacked and/or abducted other women?  Has he murdered before? 
I'll bet LE is checking his history.  Unless he suddenly nutted-up and it was noticed by others, I don't see how his first crime is this complex.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.