April 18, 2024, 04:19:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)  (Read 260448 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »

I am heartsick.  And Sam....I did put up flyers and I did look, and I am so, so, so sorry I ever doubted you and those that loved you.  Not sure I can follow the cases any more, monkeys.  The bad guys are winning and there is nothing we can do.....
akmom, I really know how you feel.  I too (as well as other monkeys) have helped search only to have the precious child be dead.  It is a dreadful feeling.  But please don't give up hope on people.  Not all people are bad and there are so many good, decent folks in this world.  Unfortunately, we don't often hear about the fantastic children, just the ones who are missing, dead, or perform poorly.  Hope springs eternal.  It did take me a while to follow another case . . . but we are here (as you know) giving voice to those who no longer (or for at least a while), can no longer speak for themselves.  Be of good courage.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: April 03, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »

I am heartsick.  And Sam....I did put up flyers and I did look, and I am so, so, so sorry I ever doubted you and those that loved you.  Not sure I can follow the cases any more, monkeys.  The bad guys are winning and there is nothing we can do.....
akmom, I really know how you feel.  I too (as well as other monkeys) have helped search only to have the precious child be dead.  It is a dreadful feeling.  But please don't give up hope on people.  Not all people are bad and there are so many good, decent folks in this world.  Unfortunately, we don't often hear about the fantastic children, just the ones who are missing, dead, or perform poorly.  Hope springs eternal.  It did take me a while to follow another case . . . but we are here (as you know) giving voice to those who no longer (or for at least a while), can no longer speak for themselves.  Be of good courage.
akmom, meant to say also her name was Sarah Foxwell.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6778.300

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #402 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »

I hope if Keyes provided the information as to where she was, he also provided information as to why he committed this heinous & senseless crime.

My profound sympathy to Samantha's loved ones.  I hope they find the answers and justice they are seeking.

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: April 03, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »

I hope if Keyes provided the information as to where she was, he also provided information as to why he committed this heinous & senseless crime.

My profound sympathy to Samantha's loved ones.  I hope they find the answers and justice they are seeking.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: April 03, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »

akmom, meant to say also her name was Sarah Foxwell.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6778.300

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: April 03, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

I am really wondering this morning if Israel Keyes has attacked and/or abducted other women?  Has he murdered before? 
I have been wondering that as well.  Seems impossible that this would be his first time.  Difficult to imagine a person wakes up one day and decides out of the blue to kill (and God only know what else) someone.  And how would someone hide that tendency from those closest to him.  Don't much care what happens to him as long as he suffers greatly each and every second of his miserable existence.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/02/2403943/police-fbi-plan-koenig-news-conference.html
Koenig's body believed found in Valley lake
By LISA DEMER and MICHELLE THERIAULT BOOTS
Anchorage Daily News
Published April2, 2012, Updated April 3, 2012

::snipping2::
CRIME SCENE ON THE LAKE

Authorities didn't reveal how they knew to look under the ice at Matanuska Lake. The lake, part of the Matanuska Lakes State Recreation Area, is about 35 miles north of Anchorage near the intersection of the Parks and Glenn highways.

On Monday afternoon, investigators could be seen moving on the ice. They used snowmachines and ATVs to make runs between a parking lot staging area and the crime scene investigative site about 400 yards away on the lake's frozen surface. Authorities blocked off public access to the lake. .

Several tents and other portable structures, including a red one that resembled an ice-fishing shelter, ringed a triangle-shaped hole in the ice that observers estimated at about 4 feet long on each side. Investigators used chain saws to cut away at the ice.

At around 7:30 p.m., two divers lowered themselves into the hole. Investigators then moved two white tents over that spot. At 8:20 p.m., a snowmachine pulling a long, covered sled left the white tents and headed across the lake to the parking lot.

At the sun set, investigators began breaking down the tents. At 9 p.m., the Anchorage Police Department's big blue mobile crime scene unit drove away..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/04/03/body-of-anchorage-woman-abducted-from-coffee-stand-found-under-ice-of-lake/
Body of Anchorage Woman Abducted from Coffee Stand Found under Ice of Lake
April 3, 2012

See map at link

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »

AKMOM

Thank you for keeping Samantha's plight front and center when news was hard to come by.  Prayers for her dad and all who loved her.  RIP   an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: April 03, 2012, 10:09:54 PM »

http://www.ktuu.com/news/photo-gallery-samantha-koenig-memorials-ktuu-20120403,0,6627258.photogallery
Photo Gallery: Samantha Koenig Memorials
Memorials for Samantha Koenig at Matanuska Lake and Common Grounds on Tudor in Anchorage on April, 3, 2012, a day after the APD/FBI announced her body was found at Matanuska Lake.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-community-mourns-loss-of-samantha-koenig-20120403,0,7695352.story
Community Mourns Loss of Samantha Koenig
April 3, 2012

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #410 on: April 03, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »

I'm hoping for lots of dna since Sam's remains were found under ice.  Let this be a slam-dunk for the state.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »

http://www.ktuu.com/news/photo-gallery-samantha-koenig-memorials-ktuu-20120403,0,6627258.photogallery
Photo Gallery: Samantha Koenig Memorials
Memorials for Samantha Koenig at Matanuska Lake and Common Grounds on Tudor in Anchorage on April, 3, 2012, a day after the APD/FBI announced her body was found at Matanuska Lake.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-community-mourns-loss-of-samantha-koenig-20120403,0,7695352.story
Community Mourns Loss of Samantha Koenig
April 3, 2012

The pictures were so heartbreaking...for some reason seeing them taking down the missing person sign really got me.  I cannot imagine what James is going through right now...this is so heartbreaking...I would not be surprised if he tries to go after him during the trial...he is a very vocal man.  I say let him at the scum.  Why would he do this?  Did he just drive through to get some coffee and she caught his eye so he decided to take her?  I just don't get all of these sickos...just today we found that our local Game Bus/Van (one that you rent for parties that has the game systems hooked up and all) was used to molest kids.  I have seen it at different school events and parties.  Ugh...I wish there were some sort of screening at birth that said this child is going to grow up to murder and/or molest.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: April 04, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/03/2405894/our-view-samantha-koenig.html
Our view: Samantha Koenig
Hearts go out to family, friends; call goes out for justice

April 3, 2012

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #413 on: April 04, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »

Sad, sad day for the people of Anchorage and Samantha's father.  The light of his life is gone and my heart breaks for him.

What a blessing that this case was solved, though.  Too many remain unsolved and at least this time the wicked is not left free to do this again.

He probably drove through her stand and had previously noticed her.  He knew what time the shack closed and knew the camera was there and also knew the streets would likely be empty.  This was planned, IMO.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2012, 03:00:16 AM »

(((HUGS)))  You tried to help, because YOU CARED.

There is nothing wrong with that.  Your heart was in the right place.

And I can't help but believe that every one of us that CARE, at least worry those who are so evil just a little bit.  We might not be able to stop them, but we can at least make them uncomfortable knowing that we're determined not to let them get away with it!

Keep on caring, akmom!   

Rest in peace now, Sam   an angelic monkey

My thoughts and prayers are with her dad, and all who love her.   Crying or Very sad

So thankful they found her.  As awful as it is, at least they know.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: April 04, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/04/03/2094360/details-in-koenig-case-remain.html
Details in Koenig case remain under wraps
By LISA DEMER; Anchorage Daily News
April 4, 2012

Federal prosecutors say it will be at least a couple of weeks before much new information about the abduction and killing of 18-year-old Samantha Koenig becomes public.

An FBI forensic dive team discovered her body Monday under the ice at Matanuska Lake, north of Anchorage in the Mat-Su Borough near the intersection of the Glenn and Parks highways.

Anchorage police and FBI agents are jointly investigating the case.

Neither of the agencies involved will say how they zeroed in on the spot on the lake where Koenig's body was found, nor how they linked her abduction to Israel Keyes, an Anchorage self-employed carpenter jailed without bail last month on a fraud charge.

Authorities say he is directly tied to Koenig's disappearance but he hasn't been charged with her kidnapping or death.

Police Chief Mark Mew on Monday said investigators believe the person who killed Koenig acted alone, and that they are confident he is in custody.

New details about what happened to Koenig are not expected to emerge unless additional charges are filed, authorities said.

"Until and unless there are charges, there's nothing else that we are going to comment on," U.S. Attorney Karen Loeffler said Tuesday. "We have that ethical obligation. ... We don't try to go out and say 'this is what the person did,' before they are charged. That's not fair."

A federal grand jury next convenes in Anchorage in a couple of weeks.

More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: April 04, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »

http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-04-03/anchorage-police_31283457
Anchorage Police, FBI Prepare New Charges Against Israel Keyes
By Ted Land | Channel 2 News
April 3, 2012

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Anchorage police are working with the FBI to build a case against Israel Keyes, the man they believe is responsible for 18-year-old barista Samantha Koenig's disappearance and death.

Keyes won’t be named a formal suspect until he's actually charged, and authorities say that could take a few weeks.
In the Mat-Su Valley, the Matanuska Lake Recreation Area -- where authorities say a body believed to be Koenig's was found Monday -- has reopened. A few hundred yards out onto the ice, a simple memorial of flowers marks the spot where police recovered the remains.

Parker said investigators “knew where they were going” when they descended on the lake Monday. They likely received information that led them to a specific area, though they won't say who if anyone tipped them off, or how they obtained that information.

Neither APD nor the FBI are actively searching for any other person of interest, or any other individual who may have abducted Koenig or caused her death. They say they're quite sure Keyes is responsible and he is already in custody, facing federal fraud charges.

Once investigators have gathered evidence and information related to the case they’ll hand things over to the U.S. Attorney's office or the Alaska Attorney General's office -- perhaps even both.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: April 04, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »

You monkeys are just the best.....  The article from ADN tells about the FBI divers.  Their dedication and immediate attention to Sam's case blows me away and gives me hope.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »

Got the shed Friday night then called divers:

A MAJOR EFFORT

The operation to find and recover the body relied on the FBI's highly specialized forensic dive team.

Twelve people from the FBI, including nine divers, came from the Lower 48 for the search, said Charles "Bart" Bartenfeld, an FBI agent based in Quantico, Va., and program manager of what the FBI calls its Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team.

Members of the team are stationed in four of the FBI's biggest offices -- Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C., and Miami -- and join up for operations and training. All but the leaders also carry a regular caseload.

Usually the divers get weeks or even months of notice before going into the field, Bartenfeld said. Federal cases typically take a long time, and often divers are following up on old leads. They may be looking for weapons thrown into the water or trying to recover drugs from semi-submersible vessels at the bottom of the sea.

Bobby Chacon, an FBI agent and senior team leader of the Los Angeles dive unit, supervised Monday's dive. He spent four months diving in the Atlantic Ocean to recover bodies and airplane debris from the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800 off Long Island.

Both Chacon and Bartenfeld went to Iraq to check a canal for an AK-47 suspected of being used in the 2006 rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the murder of her and her family. The person whose tip drew them there later recanted.

This time, Bartenfeld got the request from Anchorage to help on the Koenig case Friday night, and was told "we need you now." By Saturday, they were mobilizing.

ICE DIVING IN MURKY LAKE

Before a pair of divers went into the water Monday, the team used sonar and a remotely operated vehicle to look under the ice, Bartenfeld said. Investigators cut a dive hole through ice 2 1/2- to 3-feet thick.

"If you can cut down on the amount of work in the water, that's good. You're working in an environment that's hostile to human life," said Chacon, who's been diving for the FBI for 17 years, longer than any other agent.

That evening, Bartenfeld and another diver slipped into the murky, dark lake water. They couldn't see, but they were guided by the sonar, he said. They felt well-prepared. They are ice-diving certified and use layers of extra FBI procedure to ensure safety, Chacon said.

The divers were tethered to land through hoses that supplied air from a surface tank and provided a channel for communications and depth measurements. They wore helmets to protect their heads from the cold and ice.

They didn't have to dive deep, maybe 40 feet. They stayed in the water just under an hour.

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/03/2406095/details-in-koenig-case-remain.html

Wow!
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #419 on: April 05, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »

Agreed... great article! 

I've ice fished in Alaska and I would be terrified of going under the frozen surface of a lake 40 feet down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.