April 18, 2024, 10:07:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)  (Read 260486 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

There's a lot of detail within this article I hadn't seen before.   I'm not surprised by the comments made by LE in regard to Israel Keyes lack of remorse for his crimes. 

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-israel-keyes-investigation-20121203,0,2606374.story?page=2
Serial killer Israel Keyes: Police sensed he'd killed before
December 3, 2012

(2 pg. article)

::snipping2::
Feldis said he did not believe Keyes was telling officials about his killings out of the hopes of avoiding execution. Nor did he seem to care about the victims' families' feelings.

“He was not interested in that," Feldis said. "He was not moved by the idea of giving closure to the families of his victims.” Feldis said Keyes seemed somewhat more interested in having control over his own story rather than having his crimes discovered by the police.

A Vermont police official who interviewed Keyes by phone called his description of the Currier killings calm, unemotional and without remorse.

“He provided some motivation, but I don’t think it’s really able to be pigeonholed exactly why he did this," said Coffin, the U.S. Attorney for Vermont. "He described to investigators that these were volitional acts," Coffin said, and that “it was something he controlled, and that he liked to do it.”

With Keyes' suicide, the remaining killings he professed to have committed remain shrouded in uncertainty.

"He described disposing bodies of up to four victims in Washington state," Feldis said. "Where those victims were from originally, we don’t know for sure, and we don’t know their identities. He didn’t tell us. The body he described disposing in New York state, we don’t know where that person was from, and we don’t know their identity at this point.”
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »

He was really an evil person.  What gives me the chills is the bank robbery in Texas was about 7 miles from where I live. That was way to close to home. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »

Has Keyes' family members spoken out at all?  Surely LE has questioned them???   I want to hear from them. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »

Has Keyes' family members spoken out at all?  Surely LE has questioned them???   I want to hear from them. 

KittyMom I haven't heard any thing from the family at all. Nothing about his daughter and where she is living and with whom. I find it weird that no one has talked or tried to talk with them. I know they were Amish but his sister lives some where in south Texas. I would also like to hear from them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »

He was really an evil person.  What gives me the chills is the bank robbery in Texas was about 7 miles from where I live. That was way to close to home. 

That is really scary.  I read in an article last night in the Bill and Lorraine Currier Case, how he chose the house, and some of the other criteria;  Before I went to bed last night I thought about how the Curriers were home in bed the night Keyes kidnapped them.    Since there's a whole thread about the Curriers, I'll just snip part of the article and then provide the link to the Currier's thread.   Link to the article I'm referring to:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-israel-keyes-investigation-20121203,0,2606374.story

Keyes told investigators he hadn't chosen a victim but had specific criteria for whom he wanted to attack. He wanted somebody whose house had an attached garage, who didn't have children. It had to be somebody without a dog, and somebody whose house had a simple layout, so he could easily find the bedroom.

Keyes rented a car and drove east. Five days later, on June 7, he arrived at a hotel in Essex, and on the next night, he left looking for somebody to kill, officials said.

The Curriers' home had an attached garage. They didn't have kids. They didn't have dogs, or a security system. Keyes cut the telephone wire to the home, then broke into their garage, took a crowbar off the wall, smashed the glass separating the garage from their home and "engaged in a blitz attack on the Curriers," Donovan said.

Within five or six seconds, he was in their bedroom, where he tied the couple up with zip ties. Keyes said he then forced them to the garage and into their car, and drove them to a nearby barn.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10462.msg1547565#msg1547565
Link to the Bill and Lorraine Currier Thread

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »

KittyMom I haven't heard any thing from the family at all. Nothing about his daughter and where she is living and with whom. I find it weird that no one has talked or tried to talk with them. I know they were Amish but his sister lives some where in south Texas. I would also like to hear from them.

I had been wondering the same thing.  LE Did talk to Kimberley Anderson, the lady Keyes was living with, and they I believe they impounded her car early on when they took his and the shed from the her house.  I'm pretty sure LE has talked with his family, since the investigation has been going on for a while now.  Maybe the family is in hiding.  I wondered about Keyes daughter too.  Another victim of Israel Keyes in a different way.     I went back and started reading this thread again at about page 12, and which is when Keyes was arrested.
Here's a link to an article about Kimberly going with the police and they towed her car away.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/15/2373079/arrest-made-in-koenigs-disappearance.html

Later on that day, police followed Anderson's car as she pulled into the driveway, neighbors said. She left with them. Her car and Keyes' truck were towed. She returned the next day by cab. A crime scene van stayed parked outside the house until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, neighbors said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/alaska-serial-killer-buried-murder-supplies-country/story?id=17874735
Alaska Serial Killer Buried Murder Supplies Across the Country
December 4, 2012

(2 pg. article)

Israel Keyes, the Alaskan man who confessed to seven murders before killing himself in a jail cell, told police that he traveled the country to find victims and buried caches of weapons, money and tools for disposing of bodies to use in future crimes.

The FBI also released an ominous list of 35 trips Keyes made around the U.S., Mexico and Canada over the last eight years.
Investigators are now piecing together a deadly puzzle that is uncovering a macabre lifestyle of Keyes traveling to kill simply because he "liked to do it," prosecutors said.

"In a series of interviews with law enforcement, Keyes described significant planning and preparation for his murders, reflecting a meticulous and organized approach to the crimes," the Anchorage FBI office said in a statement.

The FBI has released a timeline of Keyes' travels that showed nearly three dozen trips between 2004 and 2012. The destinations of the trips are vague, described only by U.S. region in most cases, but span the entire country, including Hawaii. There are also trips to Canada and Mexico listed.

"Keyes also admitted traveling to various locations to leave supplies he planned to use in a future crime. Keyes buried caches throughout the United States," the FBI said.
Authorities have already recovered two caches, one in Alaska and one in New York, that contained money, weapons and items for disposing of bodies. Keyes indicated that there were other supply boxes buried across the country.

He funded his travel with the proceeds from bank robberies, authorities said.

"Investigators believe that Keyes did not know any of his victims prior to their abductions," the FBI said. "He described several remote locations that he frequented to look for victims--parks, campgrounds, trailheads, cemeteries, boating areas, etc."

Keyes told authorities that his victims received little if any media attention when they disappeared. Authorities said that "based on his own research," Keyes said that one of his victims had been recovered, but the death was ruled accidental. Investigators said they have not identified the victim or location of that alleged crime.
More...

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »

I recommend going to the link below and reading the entire article.  There is a lot of information.  This guy was so evil.   

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/04/3947412/case-of-suspected-serial-killer.html
Case of suspected serial killer Israel Keyes takes strange turn
December 4, 2012

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA -- The bizarre story of suspected serial killer Israel Keyes took new twists Monday when the FBI revealed that he traveled all over the country and buried caches of weapons and other items for use in future crimes, including two caches -- one in Eagle River -- that the FBI was able to recover.

The FBI said that Keyes, 34, would fly to a city, rent a car and drive hundreds if not thousands of miles away -- sometimes to kill. He robbed banks, and used the money he made as a general contractor, to pay for his excursions, the FBI said. He traveled extensively from October 2004 until his arrest in Texas in March, according to a timeline released by the FBI.

The Eagle River cache and another near the Blake Falls Reservoir, a popular fishing spot in New York, contained weapons and items used to get rid of bodies, the FBI said in a written statement, without giving specifics.

"Keyes indicated the other caches he buried throughout the U.S. contain weapons, money, and items used to dispose of victims," the FBI said.
In a series of interviews spanning dozens of hours over the nearly nine months since his March arrest, Keyes revealed only bits of information at a time and never told the names of the others he killed, according to the U.S. Attorney's office, the FBI and Anchorage police.
"And that's part of why he was able to go undetected for so long, is the way he traveled and moved around and was able to plan what he was doing and plan how he was going to depart undetected," said Kevin Feldis, the chief criminal prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Anchorage. "He traveled great distances to places where he didn't live."

He would remove the battery from his cellphone and switch from credit cards to cash to avoid tracking, Feldis said. "He was so methodical as to go dark."

When pressed, Keyes said he killed more than those eight, Feldis said. Investigators were in the process of drawing out more information and had planned to interview him again this week, trying to learn about every victim, Feldis said. Nothing that Keyes said made officials think he was boasting or lying about the number he killed, Feldis said.
Much more...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/israel-keyes-samantha-koenig-murders_n_2236621.html?
Israel Keyes, Samantha Koenig's Killer, Is Linked To Murders In Several States
December 4, 2012

NCHORAGE, Alaska -- Israel Keyes, in jail for the killing of an Alaska barista, gradually began confessing to investigators that he had killed others: a couple in Vermont, four people in Washington state, someone in New York.

But he was slow to come forward with details, warning investigators he would stop talking if his name was released publicly.

"He was very, very, very sensitive to his reputation, as odd at that sounds," Anchorage Police Chief Mark Mew said. "We had to keep things extra quiet in order to keep him talking with us."

Keyes committed suicide in an Alaska jailhouse Sunday, leaving behind an incomplete picture of a loner who traveled the country for more than a decade, picking victims at random and methodically killing them. Officials believe there are more victims in other states, but they may never know who they are.

Authorities wouldn't say how Keyes killed himself, only that he was alone in his cell. They also did not say whether he left a note.

"We're going to continue to run down leads and continue our efforts to identify his victims so we can bring some closure to the families," said Mary Rook, the FBI supervisor in Alaska.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

Full Interview With U.S. Attorney's Office Regarding Israel Keyes

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Full-Interview-With-US-Attorneys-Regarding-Israel-Keyes-182079101.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #490 on: December 04, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »

I had been wondering the same thing.  LE Did talk to Kimberley Anderson, the lady Keyes was living with, and they I believe they impounded her car early on when they took his and the shed from the her house.  I'm pretty sure LE has talked with his family, since the investigation has been going on for a while now.  Maybe the family is in hiding.  I wondered about Keyes daughter too.  Another victim of Israel Keyes in a different way.     I went back and started reading this thread again at about page 12, and which is when Keyes was arrested.
Here's a link to an article about Kimberly going with the police and they towed her car away.

Later on that day, police followed Anderson's car as she pulled into the driveway, neighbors said. She left with them. Her car and Keyes' truck were towed. She returned the next day by cab. A crime scene van stayed parked outside the house until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, neighbors said.
I would hope that the FBI has interviewed each family member to help put a timeline together for IK's travels.  This guy was too good at killing to have just started.  He's been doing this for years.  I suspect many more than 8 victims.  LE needs to know the different cars he drove thru the years along with any gifts he may have given to family members.  If he was stealing anything other than cars, he may have shared with his family.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »

I would hope that the FBI has interviewed each family member to help put a timeline together for IK's travels.  This guy was too good at killing to have just started.  He's been doing this for years.  I suspect many more than 8 victims.  LE needs to know the different cars he drove thru the years along with any gifts he may have given to family members.  If he was stealing anything other than cars, he may have shared with his family.

In buckeye's post above wrt the U.S. Attorney's Office regarding Israel Keyes, "time line" is mentioned a lot in the interview, so it's obviously very important.  Hopefully family members will be able to help with information.  Al so mentioned in the interview above is when Israel Keyes would go long periods without using his credit cards, cell phones etc..  And in the Currier's case, Keyes flew into Chicago, rented a car, drove to Vermont, murdered the Currier's, and I believe he drove around, drove back to Chicago etc.  Makes it hard to pinpoint his movements but I hope everyone will give it their best. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12707.msg1547663#msg1547663

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2012, 09:17:14 PM »

You have some very good points.    And from a number of articles I've read, Keyes has been murdering people for a long time.  In the interview with the U.S. Attorney, it's mentioned he just enjoyed watching people suffer and enjoyed killing.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »

Sorry Monkeys, I don't have much heart for sleuthing anymore, but wanted to update you.

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/04/2713105/fbi-describes-abduction-slaying.html

I wonder if any other of our missing encountered him?

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: December 05, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »

Serial killer Keyes: ‘I would let them (victims) come to me in a remote area’ (jail interview video)
Dec 4 2012

SEATTLE – The FBI on Tuesday released a video clip of an Alaska jail interview with serial killer Israel Keyes, who said he had randomly chosen and killed as many as eight people across the country. In it, he explained how he found his victims.

In a 40-second video clip recorded July 10, Keyes explains that he preferred to let his victims come to him in an isolated area far away from where he lived.

“If I was smart, I would do it, I would let them come to me in a remote area,” Keyes said. “I would go to a remote area that’s not anywhere near where you live but that other people go to, as well. You might not get exactly what you’re (looking for in a victim) … there’s not much to choose from, in a matter of speaking, but there’s also no witnesses, really. There’s nobody else around.”

Details about the kidnapping and slaying of Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig were also released in the hope the additional information will help investigations of other murders committed by Keyes

http://q13fox.com/2012/12/04/serial-killer-keyes-i-would-let-them-victims-come-to-me-in-a-remote-area/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: December 05, 2012, 12:19:52 AM »

FBI: Suspected serial killer kept Alaska barista's body for weeks
 Dec 04, 2012

After more than 10 months in which authorities released little public information, on Tuesday new details came out about the abduction and murder of 18-year-old Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig on the night of Feb. 1.

Anchorage police and the FBI now say that confessed serial killer Israel Keyes sexually assaulted and asphyxiated Koenig in a shed at his home in Anchorage’s Turnagain neighborhood on the night of Feb. 1 and Feb. 2.Authorities said Keyes then left for more than two weeks on a cruise before returning, dismembering her body, and dumping her remains in Matanuska Lake, located on the Glenn Highway between Palmer and Wasilla.

Authorities have called Keyes “methodical” in committing the murders he confessed to before taking his own life, and said that he picked his targets carefully. After the abduction, police scoured security video for the weeks preceding the incident, looking for clues to tie something to the kidnapping. They came up empty-handed, said Monique Doll, a homicide detective with the Anchorage Police Department.

“What Israel Keyes later told us was that was because he had never been to Common Grounds before that night,” Doll said. “He had driven past it, but he had never bought coffee there, he had never stopped there, he had never walked around in the parking lot.”

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/fbi-suspected-serial-killer-kept-alaska-baristas-body-weeks
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: December 05, 2012, 12:37:34 AM »

Fuller Picture Emerges of Investigation Into Serial Killer Israel Keyes
Authorities release details of Koenig murder
Story Created: Dec 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM AKST
(Story Updated: Dec 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM AKST )

ANCHORAGE - The FBI released new details of how Israel Keyes kidnapped and killed 18-year-old Samantha Koenig.

We have to warn you: This information is graphic and disturbing

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Fuller-Picture-Emerges-of-Serial-Killer-Israel-Keyes--182113061.html
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: December 05, 2012, 12:41:01 AM »

What an evil evil monster.  He did it for the thrill?  I am so disgusted by him.  How many more of him are there in our world?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: December 05, 2012, 12:57:13 AM »

Koenig Abduction: Common Grounds Camera Part 1 (Unedited)
http://www.ktuu.com/videogallery/73571650/News/Koenig-Abduction-Common-Grounds-Camera-Part-1-Unedited

Koenig Abduction: Common Grounds Camera Part 2 (Unedited)
http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-koenig-abduction-common-grounds-camera-part-2-unedited-20121204,0,3039603.premiumvideo

Koenig Abduction: Common Grounds Camera Part 3 (Unedited)
http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-koenig-abduction-common-grounds-camera-part-3-unedited-20121204,0,4284788.premiumvideo

Koenig Abduction: Home Depot Camera Part 1 (Unedited)
http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-koenig-abduction-home-depot-camera-part-1-unedited-20121204,0,5976152.premiumvideo

Koenig Abduction: Home Depot Camera Part 2 (Unedited)
http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-koenig-abduction-home-depot-camera-part-2-unedited-20121204,0,7221337.premiumvideo

FBI Video: Accused Serial Killer Israel Keyes Interview Clip
http://www.ktuu.com/news/fbi-clip-accused-serial-killer-israel-keyes-interview-clip-samantha-koenigktuu-20121204,0,7933186.premiumvideo
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »

I hope that the owners of these coffee places add a secret alarm of some sort.  They were there long enough that police could have gotten to them.  Also, I wish so much that Samantha would have ran...I am sure that she was so scared and did try to run...but, looking at the video it shows that there were quite a few people were around.  I'm not saying anything bad toward Samantha...she probably did think that if she complied he would let her go (like he said)...but, looking at this...I know that it has taught me to run...run run run...scream...make a scene...if she had only known that the last thing he wanted was police (because of his past). I'm so sad by all of this.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.