May 30, 2024, 02:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)  (Read 265002 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »

what is the name  @ 2:24
sam i miss you your brother Dr._a_al.maybe a r/k/f,and g/s?

http://www.ktuu.com/ktuu-samstock-raises-money-for-koenigs-reward-fund-20120225,0,6699637.story
It looks like "Fagal" to me....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »

Anyone have any thoughts on the body language and demeanor of APD in the interview posted by cw618?
It is really hard to tell as the officer answers questions he looks over at a woman investigator (not the camera) as he answers almost like he is trying not to say too much. I have a feeling they might be waiting on some sort of forensics testing to come back.....then possibly an arrest.(?) I did get the feeling they have much more than they are saying. (at least I pray they do. I want justice for Sam's family and peace for her Father)

On another note, did you see on CB's Mothers FB page that they are packing and putting into storage all of their things possibly relocating back to North Carolina? Her reason being CB is getting death threats. I can't hardly blame her for wanting to protect her family but relocating thousands of miles? Why not ask for police protection? I guess she feels it is serious enough to warrant leaving everything.

I wish something, anything would come of this case. It appears to be moving into "cold" case territory as we speak as LE remains silent

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »

I believe CB's mom said it was temporary, but I don't understand moving stuff into storage if that is the case?  On the other hand, I believe they are military and her spouse has been deployed.  It is not unusual for family to go back home or the area that they feel the most home at, when the spouse is deployed overseas.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »

Reply on forum to the above post
cl907

Administrator

Re: Great info about your relationship, but what about her?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:05:46 PM »
Your input is greatly appreciated. Although honestly just because she was wearing a bandanna with a marijuana leaf does not mean she smokes marijuana. I am not sure if you are from Alaska but you can go to the Alaska state fair and find shops that sell all sorts of clothing with this on it. And really if she does or has makes no difference in this case. I can tell you there are many many Americans who do use marijuana.
She has wonderful friends. I can not say what type of life she may have led or what mistakes she has made in her past. But I can say most people have made mistakes in their pasts. Speeding tickets.. if anyone goes through there life without one then I give them all the credit, because most everyone I know has had at least one. I don't see any thing in her records that say she was involved in things she shouldn't be and there for that is why this Kidnapping happened.
Traffic violations... but hasn't that happened to most people who drive. She did nothing to deserve this.
I believe the public wants information that cant be given out at this time for reasons we may not know but I am trusting they have their reasons and to protect Sam and get her home safe is what we all want. The public has been given the information that has been allowed to be released. Trust me I wish they would release more as well. But I dont want them to release more for my benefit if it could potentially harm the investigation or Sam.
If people don't understand this then I am sorry. There has been so much support world wide and it has been such a blessing. If the public chooses not to help because they cant be told some info then they are missing the point, in my opinion. If someone doesn't want to help or support Sams Dad and Family because they are frustrated that they do not know everything then they were not there to genuinely help anyways. I hope this makes some sense. Please know everyone's comments are appreciated and the questions are understood. Feel free to post. As more information comes available it will be released. Thanks so much.
http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/Forum/index.php?topic=25.0

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

Answer from OP:
checkmatedrive

Let's get this done!

Re: Great info about your relationship, but what about her?
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:13:24 PM »
No.  The point is "IF she is being looked for who is she?"  Everyone thinks they know their child and no one really wants to know what they didn't know.  For certain you don't want to be smacked down with details when such a terror is going on.  However, if she was anxious and/or self medicated or needed to get away often or couldn't hold a job or had a major change in personality or dreamed of a place she would like to go.. or couldn't handle interpersonal relationships so anyone getting to close to her would be a great emotional threat or (etc for ever) someone is going to want to inform and maybe has.  These might be more important tips and the only tips that people have.  Is anyone asking or open for this information?  If not..why not?  We (the public) absolutley do not need to know this stuff.  I think (and I hope I am right) that there is information and no one is in panic mode anymore.  (Except for those who do not have information).  It is sad that the public has to go through more than they should have to.  If this was a straight kidnapping it would have been handled differently.  Something isn't forthright.  THis is a hard point to make.  But it is the opinion out here.  Of course the reason for letting this continue down the avenue it has may be very sensitive or might just be hard to stop the flow of concern.  Here is a  question to the family that could be answered yes or no.  Is she still missing?  Should we still look?
checkmatedrive
http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/Forum/index.php?topic=25.0

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »

Interesting comments at the end of  this latest article.
http://www.adn.com/2012/02/29/2344750/search-for-koenig-continues-a.html#disqus_thread

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »

~Long article with Chris Byrd's interview, a must read in entirety :

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Internet-Rumors-and-Speculation-Cast-Pall-on-Koenig-Acquaintance-141257473.html?m=y&smobile=y&clmob=y&c=n

Internet Rumors and Speculation Cast Pall on Koenig Acquaintance (KTVA.com exclusive)
By [Kirsten Swann]

Story Updated: Mar 2, 2012

::snipping2::

Counts said the restraining order against her son had been filed after Bird had a brief relationship with Koenig in the fall of 2011, while Koenig was dating her current boyfriend.
“She was a nice girl,” said Counts, recalling the autumn fling. “When she came to my house she was very respectful. You know, she took her shoes off at the door. When she ate, she washed off her plate.”
Things fell apart after Koenig’s boyfriend discovered the relationship several months later. After Koenig filed for a restraining order against Bird, Counts said she contacted Butler’s law firm and handed over a series of text messages Koenig sent to Bird admitting the claims of sexual assault were false.
Now that the 18-year-old has been missing for more than a month, both Bird and his mother said the past is behind them.
“I pray to God every day some new news comes up and she gets found,” he said emotionally. “Every day.”

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:08 AM »

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Internet-Rumors-and-Speculation-Cast-Pall-on-Koenig-Acquaintance-141257473.html?m=y&smobile=y&clmob=y&c=n

Internet Rumors and Speculation Cast Pall on Koenig Acquaintance (KTVA.com exclusive)
By [Kirsten Swann]

Counts said the restraining order against her son had been filed after Bird had a brief relationship with Koenig in the fall of 2011, while Koenig was dating her current boyfriend.
“She was a nice girl,” said Counts, recalling the autumn fling. “When she came to my house she was very respectful. You know, she took her shoes off at the door. When she ate, she washed off her plate.”
Things fell apart after Koenig’s boyfriend discovered the relationship several months later. After Koenig filed for a restraining order against Bird, Counts said she contacted Butler’s law firm and handed over a series of text messages Koenig sent to Bird admitting the claims of sexual assault were false.
Now that the 18-year-old has been missing for more than a month, both Bird and his mother said the past is behind them.
“I pray to God every day some new news comes up and she gets found,” he said emotionally. “Every day.”

Maybe this is why she didn't show up for the hearing.  Evidence against what she was saying.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/A-Month-Later-and-Still-No-Word-About-Samantha-Koenig-141139643.html
Samantha Koenig Still Missing After a Month
Police and family still have hope, they say

By Corey Allen-Young
March 1, 2012

ANCHORAGE - It has been one month since an armed man kidnapped Samantha Koenig from Common Grounds Espresso.

The Anchorage Police Department (APD) has shared very little information about the case, which has caused community frustration.

Police said their mission is very clear. Even though they have no new developments to report, APD said there should be no doubt in people's minds that they are working this case hard and will continue to do so until they find Koenig.

“Every time a new lead comes in or we generate a lead, we follow up on those leads,” said APD spokesman Lieutenant Dave Parker. “We are eliminating people as suspects, eliminating things that aren't related to the case.”

As the search for Samantha Koenig goes into its second month, a combination of detectives and officers are working around the clock to figure out who took her and why.

APD hasn’t released any of the surveillance video from the coffee stand, but police said they are holding it back fro a good reason.

“Let us deal with the real life situation and make sure we don't give away information that might be of help to the kidnappers or that might taint a jury in the future,” Lieutenant Parker said.
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »

I was just coming to post that.  This is from DB's Mom's FB page

Tammie Michelle Counts
It's amazing how your feathers are ruffled now the truth is coming out! Yeah you! I am talking to you! Lying on National news!! Like your not going to be found out you have to one day face your maker and I hope he has mercy on YOU!
Share · 5 hours ago near Anchorage ·
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1104737164&sk=wall

Not sure what she is talking about, but I think I can guess.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »

By [Kirsten Swann]

Maybe this is why she didn't show up for the hearing.  Evidence against what she was saying.
hmmm...if true it certainly puts a couple of potential twists to this case.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »

Only in Alaska
http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/160043

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »

i think this is about right

comments from article

KBAlaskaCollapse
But wait, if you give an anonymous tip and Samantha is found, won't you get exposed  when you all of a sudden own the Showboat? There is a flaw in the plan...
 Today 11:46 AM

Read more here: http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/160043#storylink=cpy

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »

I would shut the door to keep the riff raff out, but they are already here. Monkey Devil!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

::MonkeyEek::Wowser...from one extreme to another and all aimed at the family with a missing daughter

Tammie Michelle Counts
Lots of fun today I am all kinds of fired up! Thank you to the Anchorage police and FBI don't give up on the good work! You are doing your best your tiredness efforts will not go unnoticed! You got great leads best of luck and God bless!
Share · about an hour ago near Anchorage, AK

Tammie Michelle Counts
I kept out of the media long enough for them to slam my son but in the end the truth will reveal its self my Mae maw always said Tammie the more s*** is stirred the more it stinks I tried really hard to stay back and not stir the pot till s*** was being thrown in our place it's kinda hard to be the better person but when you mess with my youngin! I am going to come out fighting! I don't care how big he is he is still my son!
Share · 2 hours ago near Anchorage, AK ·

Tammie Michelle Counts
They want to quote religion on the Samantha site but never once act like Christians! God knows the truth you fake religious people! You don't want the public to know the truth because all your dirty little secrets will come out yeah JK I am calling you out I am not afraid of your threats big man! Do you want my address too? Come over and lets really discuss this! Hell when my husband gets back from Afghanistan he will buy you a beer since Sam said you like to drink Wink just saying....
Share · 3 hours ago near Anchorage, AK ·

Tammie Michelle Counts
My son does love the lord and is a Christian and does go to church he may be a rapper he may be a lot of things but he is also a country boy bull riding horse breaking guy! Christopher all I can say to you son is COWBOY UP not everyone hates you your my son and one I am very proud of!!
3 hours ago · 1

Tammie Michelle Counts
OMG!! Really?!.... Get a job like and pay your own bills quit living off the publics sympathy you pathetic loser!!
Share · 8 hours ago near Anchorage, AK ·

Tammie Michelle Counts
If the public really knew what James was doing they would be shocked!
        4 hours ago

Tammie Michelle Counts
Blah blah blah I need to start a page for lying people who like to lie on National news!!
Share · 22 hours ago near Anchorage, AK ·

T:  Tammie, I loved the article, I think it is great that you are finally able to tell your side. Now, who is lying on national news, what is going on?
9 hours ago

Tammie Michelle Counts
Her father
9 hours ago

Tammie Michelle Counts

Found out a lot of s*** from her brother
9 hours ago

Tammie Michelle Counts

Mike Pederson told our lawyer and the press ADN that Samantha told him and his girlfriend admitted she purposely went down and made false allegations on Christopher to save face with her boyfriend that she cheated on! Mike Pederson is her brother.... Also he said her dad lied on National news that Sam is a recovering heroin addict, meth user, and pot smoker!!!! She did drugs with her own mother for two years! At 16 she slept with a 30 year old and got herpes. Oh and by the way that's why her and Chris got into their fight!!
9 hours ago

Tammie Michelle Counts

She failed to tell Chris she had herpes so they got into an argument!! Her dad is a loser! Milking the community for donations with sympathy through the media to line his pockets I also found out the police know she stole three thousand dollars from dad the day before she disappeared I was f****** shocked to find that out! A lot they don't want to release to the public
9 hours ago

Tammie Michelle Counts

James lol thinks I am scared of him with threats he's got a rude awakening I am not the B**** to mess with!
8 hours ago · 1

Tammie Michelle Counts
It's amazing how your feathers are ruffled now the truth is coming out! Yeah you! I am talking to you! Lying on National news!! Like your not going to be found out you have to one day face your maker and I hope he has mercy on YOU!
Share · Yesterday at 4:53am near Anchorage, AK ·

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1104737164&sk=wall

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2012, 10:15:33 PM »

drunken
I would shut the door to keep the riff raff out, but they are already here. Monkey Devil!

Let the circus begin! 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »

IMO Tammie wouldn't be shouting so loud if she wasn't in major defense mode.  Way put all of that on FB?  She is really wanting to protect her son.  If he had no part in her disappearance the police will be know.  They have the kidnapper on video.  She is really making things worse for her son.  IMO only.  I may change my mind later...who knows 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »

IMO Tammie wouldn't be shouting so loud if she wasn't in major defense mode.  Why put all of that on FB?  She is really wanting to protect her son.  If he had no part in her disappearance the police will know.  They have the kidnapper on video.  She is really making things worse for her son.  IMO only.  I may change my mind later...who knows 

Self edit...getting sleepy.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

IMO Tammie wouldn't be shouting so loud if she wasn't in major defense mode.  Way put all of that on FB?  She is really wanting to protect her son.  If he had no part in her disappearance the police will be know.  They have the kidnapper on video.  She is really making things worse for her son.  IMO only.  I may change my mind later...who knows 
I agree. People tend to air everything on FB when they should just remain quiet. It continues to amaze me how much dirty laundry people put out there on facebook. I agree, Tammie should just refrain from saying anything at all. It just keeps her and Chris in the spotlight and puts more scrutiny on themselves.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2012, 10:22:13 AM »

I agree. People tend to air everything on FB when they should just remain quiet. It continues to amaze me how much dirty laundry people put out there on facebook. I agree, Tammie should just refrain from saying anything at all. It just keeps her and Chris in the spotlight and puts more scrutiny on themselves.

BBM
I agree with what you're saying. 

Curiously though, I've seen some instances where people remained quiet when they or one of the family members were accused by others in the media, forums and/or social networks and were criticized because they DIDN'T stand up and deny or fight back against the rumors and etc.  Some seem to think if what is being said isn't true, why aren't they disputing it?  Maybe a simple statement would be best if something need be said, and not continuous postings on FB.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.