March 28, 2024, 09:52:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)  (Read 258685 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »

We currently have 79 on the the Active Missing List
http://www.dps.state.ak.us/ast/abi/bulletin.aspx

Obviously, there are quite a few that can be ruled out.  It is also not unusual for someone to come into town from a village and be out of touch with relatives and be missing for a while, before it is reported.  At least once a year, it seems like someone comes up here and goes missing while visiting.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2012, 01:43:01 AM »

But....whose body is it then?
Prayers for someone's family

Troopers identify body found off Eklutna Lake Road

Houston resident's car torched the the day he was reported missing.

By CASEY GROVE
Anchorage Daily News

Published: March 22nd, 2012 09:29 PM
Last Modified: March 22nd, 2012 09:29 PM

::snipping2::
The body found Tuesday night near Eklutna Lake is that of a Houston man missing since December and he was the victim of homicide, Alaska State Troopers said Thursday.

Troopers reported Loy Suthammavong, 30, missing on Dec. 6 after his family had not seen him for several days, troopers said in a written statement. That same day, as investigators were looking for Suthammavong, police officers and firefighters found a vehicle on fire in Anchorage that was later determined to belong to Suthammavong, troopers said.

Investigators said the fire was arson, and an autopsy this week showed that Suthammavong was the victim of a homicide, troopers said. A person on snowshoes found his body Tuesday night two or three miles down Eklutna Lake Road.

"From the onset, circumstances surrounding the apparent disappearance of Suthammavong (were) suspicious and resulted in investigators considering a variety of factors," the troopers wrote in the statement.

One factor included Suthammavong's conviction on two felony drug charges, troopers said.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/22/2385797/troopers-identify-body-found-near.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2012, 01:52:09 AM »

Details emerge about man in Koenig case

"Person of interest" in Koening case indicted by grand jury on fraud claim.

By CASEY GROVE
Anchorage Daily News

Published: March 22nd, 2012 09:25 PM
Last Modified: March 22nd, 2012 09:25 PM

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/22/2386033/details-emerge-about-koenig-case.html

The man Anchorage police linked to 18-year-old Samantha Koenig's disappearance was arrested in Texas with a stolen Alaska debit card, rolls of cash and a disguise worn during illegal cash withdrawals in three states in the Lower 48, according to a charging document filed in federal court.

According to an FBI agent's affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Alaska and made public Thursday, a stolen debit card found on Keyes was used in Anchorage hours after Koenig's disappearance. The card, from an unnamed man's bank account, was used again in several more transactions for a total $2,440 in cash disbursed, the affidavit says.

At 3 a.m. on Feb. 2, a man described as "Person A" in the affidavit reported seeing an unknown man wearing a ski mask and dark clothes going through his vehicle, the affidavit says. The alleged robbery victim said his Credit Union 1 debit card was missing afterward and that he had not given it to anyone or given anyone permission to use it. Person A's gender is described as male in the FBI agent's affidavit.

A light-skinned, muscular man tried to use the card to withdraw $600 at an automated teller machine in Midtown Anchorage about 10:15 p.m. on Feb. 28, but the transaction was rejected because it exceeded the daily withdrawal limit, the affidavit says. About two hours later, a man fitting a similar description used the card to withdraw $500 from an ATM in Spenard, the document says. The following day, he withdrew $500 from an ATM in East Anchorage, the document says.

A week later, the card was being used in the Lower 48 to steal cash again, according to the affidavit.

On March 7, just before midnight, a "light-skinned male adult with a muscular build" in a gray hooded sweatshirt, glasses, gray ski mask and gloves withdrew $400 from an ATM in Willcox, Ariz., according to the affidavit. He was seen driving what appeared to be a white Ford Focus sedan, the affidavit says. Willcox is along Interstate 10 east of Tuscon.

The next day, at about 1:30 a.m., a man with a similar description tried to withdraw another $400 in Lordsburg, N.M., also along I-10, but again the withdrawal was declined because it exceeded the daily limit, according to the affidavit. He used the same ATM to check the account's balance and found that $3,598.91 remained in the account, the charges say. Video showed the man was wearing similar clothing as in the Arizona withdrawal and was driving the same car, the affidavit says.

On March 10 at about 2:20 a.m., wearing the same clothes, the man used the stolen bank card again to get $480 in Humble City, Texas, north of Houston. He made another withdrawal in Shepherd, Texas, farther north, for the same amount on March 12, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit says law enforcement spotted the white sedan the next day at a hotel in Lufkin, Texas, which is farther north. They watched a man -- later identified as the 6-foot-2, 190-pound Keyes -- leave a room, put some personal items in the car's trunk, then drive away, the affidavit says. A Texas State Highway Patrol Officer stopped the car for speeding in Lufkin, and Keyes told the officer he'd flown from Anchorage to Las Vegas on March 7, the affidavit says.

"Keyes was unable to describe the route he drove or explain why he elected to travel in this manner, given that he was reportedly going to a wedding in Wells, Texas. Keyes became increasingly confrontational during the traffic stop, especially when asked for details about his activities," the affidavit says.

There were rolls of rubber-banded cash on the floorboard of the car and maps with highlighted routes from north to south through California and highlighted areas in Arizona and New Mexico. In the trunk, officers found a gray, hooded sweatshirt, glasses and a piece of gray T-shirt cut to make a face mask and other clothing that matched those worn during the withdrawals in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The stolen debit card was found on Keyes, according to the affidavit.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: March 23, 2012, 02:28:21 AM »

Ok, I have a couple of questions. 

If person "A" saw perp going through his car and found that his Debit card was missing,
 why didn't person "A" notify the Credit union of the theft and have the card canceled.

How did perp withdraw any money unless he also had the PIN number?
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2012, 08:33:51 AM »

This sounds like a scam type deal that one of my clients (criminal offender) told me about.  They say that they would allow someone else to take their card (with pin number) and dress up in a disguise and take money out of their accounts.  After a bit they would report it stolen and refute those charges and get their money back from the bank. 

Because how else would the guy have his pin number?  That makes no sense.  You have to have a pin number to withdraw money, right?  What was it in the car with the card?  No.

Also, the man that was found with his car burned is from Houston, Texas?  Is that correct.  What a coincidence.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »

No, it's Houston, AK.  There are lots of things that don't make sense about this case......

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »

No, it's Houston, AK.  There are lots of things that don't make sense about this case......

Oh gotcha.  I was like wow that is interesting.  Thanks akmom.  Yes, lots of things make no sense.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

Ok, I have a couple of questions. 

If person "A" saw perp going through his car and found that his Debit card was missing,
 why didn't person "A" notify the Credit union of the theft and have the card canceled.

How did perp withdraw any money unless he also had the PIN number?

in my case, i didnt notice my card, gone for a few hrs,just my luck a skimmer
found it,they must just hang near atms hoping,it will get lost or left,here is an
article on how its done,its called skimming,when i found out i was like holy chit!,
how easy dat ,and you can have all you need in your car,wireless connect,laptop
ect. its important to call the lost stolen card ASAP,some banks will default on
the $$$,after a time limit
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120108-320522.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: March 24, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »

http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-03-23/debit-card_31232268
Israel Keyes Being Taken to Alaska by U.S. Marshals
By Matthew Simon and Chris Klint | Channel 2 News
March 23, 2012

The process of transferring Israel Keyes, the “person of interest” in the abduction of 18-year-old barista Samantha Koenig arrested earlier this month in Texas, from Texas to Alaska has begun according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

Rochelle Liedike, a spokesperson for the Alaska office of the USMS, said Friday afternoon that specifics of Keyes’ transportation -- including when he might leave a federal facility in Beaumont, Texas, how he’s traveling and when he’s expected to arrive -- are not being released for security reasons.

Keyes, 34, was arrested March 13 in Lufkin, Texas by local law-enforcement authorities in conjunction with the Anchorage Police Department and the FBI. APD Sgt. Slawomir Markiewicz, the head of the department's homicide unit, told Channel 2 later that week that investigators believed Keyes was "the main figure" in Koenig's abduction.
Keyes is being held on federal charges of access device fraud, an offense typically conducted during credit-card and debit-card thefts. Court documents from Keyes’ Thursday indictment claim he repeatedly withdrew and attempted to withdraw funds from a debit card he allegedly stole from a man’s vehicle -- hours after Anchorage police say Koenig was abducted from Common Grounds Espresso by an armed man.

Koenig's father, James Koenig, told Channel 2 Friday that the debit card is not his, and that he has no idea whose it may be.

Markiewicz told Channel 2 there is an "important reason" Koenig is not mentioned in those court documents, but would not comment on what that reason is.  Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Fields added, "That (Keyes') arrest was made in conjunction with the investigation.  But the charge that was filed consists of fraud with an access device."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/23/2387632/marshalls-service-begins-transport.html
Man arrested in Koenig case heading to Alaska
Israel Keyes was charged with use of stolen debit card in Texas.

By CASEY GROVE, Anchorage Daily News
March 23, 2012

According to an FBI agent's affidavit, Keyes was caught in Lufkin, Texas, on March 13 with a debit card stolen from an unnamed man -- "Person A" -- hours after Koenig was forced from a Midtown coffee hut by an armed man. The card had been used in Anchorage to make cash withdrawals or attempted withdrawals and later used in New Mexico, Arizona and Texas, the affidavit says. When he was arrested, Keyes had a mask and clothes matching those worn by the suspect, seen on surveillance video at several ATMs in the Lower 48, according to the affidavit. Keyes also had the debit card on his person and rolls of rubber-banded cash in the car he was driving, the affidavit says.

Koenig's father, James Koenig, said Friday that the card is not his and that he doesn't know who owns the card.

"I have no idea," James Koenig said. "I'm sure it'll come out soon enough whose card it is, but at this point I don't know and I'm not going to speculate."

Asked if he had any information on how his daughter might have known Keyes, James Koenig responded, "Sam does not know him. Period."

"This, in my eyes, was a random abduction. This was nothing to do with me, her, anyone in my family, no one's background, none of that," Koenig said. "This guy went and stole a kid out of a coffee shop."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »

http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-03-22/debit-card_31227486
Grand Jury Indicts 'Person of Interest' in Koenig Case on Fraud Charge
March 22, 2012

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A federal court document dated Thursday says a grand jury indicted Israel Keyes -- the man police say is the "main player" in the Samantha Koenig abduction case -- on one count of fraud with an access device.

The document claims that that Keyes knowingly and with the intent to defraud used another person's Credit Union 1 Visa debit card to steal $1,000 or more in a one-year period.

Alleged: Keyes Timeline (Chart & List in box at link)

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

keys affidavit
*BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2012-03/317456900-23012524.pdf

why didnt person a cancel his card

Person A reported to law enforcement that on 02/02/2012, at approximately
3:OOam, he observed an unknown male adult wearing a ski mask and dark clothing going through
his vehicle. Person A's aforementioned Credit Union 1 VISA debit card (VISA debit card) is
believed to have been stolen from Person A's vehicle at this time. Person A subsequently
informed law enforcement that his VISA debit card was missing, and stated that he did not give
his VISA debit card to anyone else or give anyone permission to use it

used and declined tried to draw over daily withdraw limit
On 02/28/2012, at approximately 10:13pm Alaska Standard Time (AST), an
used again in AK on dates,withdrew $500,$500
On 02/28/2012,02/29/2012
MST used again these dates and states $400,$80
03 /07/2012 AZ,03 /08/2012 NM,
CST used again these dates and TX 2 cities,$480.00,$480.00
03/10/2012 TX, 03/12/2012 TX,
stopped by LE
03/13/2012 TX,11 :45am CST
Person A's stolen VISA debit card was located on KEYES' person.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »

keys affidavit
*BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2012-03/317456900-23012524.pdf

why didnt person a cancel his card

Person A reported to law enforcement that on 02/02/2012, at approximately
3:OOam, he observed an unknown male adult wearing a ski mask and dark clothing going through
his vehicle. Person A's aforementioned Credit Union 1 VISA debit card (VISA debit card) is
believed to have been stolen from Person A's vehicle at this time. Person A subsequently
informed law enforcement that his VISA debit card was missing, and stated that he did not give
his VISA debit card to anyone else or give anyone permission to use it

used and declined tried to draw over daily withdraw limit
On 02/28/2012, at approximately 10:13pm Alaska Standard Time (AST), an
used again in AK on dates,withdrew $500,$500
On 02/28/2012,02/29/2012
MST used again these dates and states $400,$80
03 /07/2012 AZ,03 /08/2012 NM,
CST used again these dates and TX 2 cities,$480.00,$480.00
03/10/2012 TX, 03/12/2012 TX,
stopped by LE
03/13/2012 TX,11 :45am CST
Person A's stolen VISA debit card was located on KEYES' person.

i didnt see that the link was blocked i found it here
http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-03-22/debit-card_31227486

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »

Suspect or Person of Interest?
How police define what they’re calling the man arrested in relation to the Koenig abduction
“He may only be a witness in that, or he may not be involved in any way except using these credit cards, or he may be a suspect,” said Lieutenant Dave Parker. “The fact that he was in possession of these items and he has acted in certain ways makes him a person of interest in the disappearance.”
http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Suspect-or-Person-of-Interest-143836966.html

another link to the  affidavit
http://media.ktva.com/documents/Keyes+affidavit.pdf

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:16 AM »

Access Device Fraud/CC Fraud

http://federalcrimeslawyers.com/white-collar-offenses/credit-card-fraud/

Credit card fraud covers a range of crimes that involve the fraudulent use of a credit card or any type of access device such as a bank card or debit card and the like. The most common form credit card fraud is when an individual uses someone else’s credit card number to make purchases. This crime is called “misappropriation.” (Misappropriation is commonly associated with Computer Fraud, which is related to fraudulent use of credit card numbers over the Internet.)

Acts which may be considered as access device or credit card fraud include:

Stealing a credit card
    Using someone else’s credit card without authorization
    Fraudulently acquiring a credit card through the mail (i.e., illegally accessing a mailbox, taking credit cards from, etc.)
    Counterfeiting credit cards
    Deliberately misrepresenting information on a credit card application
    Creating a fake web site for the purpose of gaining credit card numbers from sign-ups
    Unauthorized use of a credit card number

An individual does not need to have possession of a credit card in order to commit and be charged with access device fraud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
One article claims the alleged stolen card was used hours after Samantha went missing.  Another states the card was stolen just hours after she went missing.

If one witnessed their car being robbed, wouldn't would call the police while the crime was ongoing?

If one knew their CC was missing, wouldn't one report it ASAP, unless it was reported and then was used as bait to trap the thief?

The articles don't make it clear if the person who committed the alleged burglaring of the car was the same person they thought was using the card to make illegal withdrawals.

If the burglar of the car and the thief making the illegal withdrawals are the same person, why would they wait almost 3 weeks in between stealing the card and using it for the first time?

Could the credit card and its PIN be a payoff of some sort?

There are more questions than answers, but LE seems to be playing it close to its vest.

Challapalca him!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2012, 11:57:22 AM »

Seems that they did allow this man to keep withdrawing money until they could find him/her?  I'm thinking that the reason for Keyes to wear a mask to steal this card is that he knew where this card was kept and knew the info on it because he might have been friends with this person prior to?  Unless the skimming tactic was used like suggested in previous posts how would a stranger know your PIN?
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »

Keyes was a construction worker who did repair jobs.  Maybe the card was taken from a project he'd recently completed.  Remember LE asking for anyone who'd employed him since January to contact them?  Maybe there is a connection there.  The person may not have realized that the card was missing until the Feb billing cycle or hearing from LE.  I'm thinking that he may've worked some jobs where there was no one at home during the days and he was left alone to snoop at his leisure.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »

Seems that they did allow this man to keep withdrawing money until they could find him/her?  I'm thinking that the reason for Keyes to wear a mask to steal this card is that he knew where this card was kept and knew the info on it because he might have been friends with this person prior to?  Unless the skimming tactic was used like suggested in previous posts how would a stranger know your PIN?

That makes sense too...keep letting him withdraw so that they can find him; however, how did he know the pin?

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-koenig-investigators-release-photos-request-publics-help-20120325,0,1781817.story

Koenig Investigators Release Photos, Request Public's Help

Channel 2 News

7:49 p.m. AKDT, March 25, 2012
The FBI and the Anchorage Police Department Homicide Detectives are asking the public for any information related to the Samantha Koenig abduction case.

Investigators have released new photos of the person of interest in the case, Israel Keyes, and his work truck. Anchorage Police have said that Keyes is the "main player" in Koenig's disappearance. Police believe the white Chevy full-sized extended cab truck was used by the business, Keyes' Construction, which he owned and operated.

On Friday, the U.S. Marshal's Service confirmed he was en route to Alaska to face a fraud charge.  Police said the charge is in connection to the Koenig case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.