March 29, 2024, 07:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Jesus Speech  (Read 1744 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 02, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »

The rich pay more not only because “I actually think that is going to make economic sense, but for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.’” Obama said at the Washington Hilton, delivering remarks at an annual event that every president has attended since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Who is making the demand?  God or Obama?  Maybe Obama thinks he is God?

“We can all benefit from turning to our creator, listening to him,” Obama said. “Avoiding phony religiosity…. This is especially important right now when we’re facing some big challenges as a nation.”

“When I talk about our financial institutions playing by the same rules as folks on Main Street, when I talk about making sure insurance companies aren’t discriminating against those who are already sick or making sure that unscrupulous lenders aren’t taking advantage of most vulnerable among us,” Obama said, “I do so because I genuinely believe it will make the economy stronger for everybody, but I also do it because I know far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years. And I believe in God’s command to ‘love thy neighbor as thyself.’”

Watch clip here - http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/02/02/obama-uses-jesus-push-tax-hikes#

The Rich Young Ruler

16 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19 HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 20 The young man *said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property
- Matthew 19 NASB

Why aren't Obama's friends giving away their wealth?  Selling all their property and giving it to the poor?  Do taxes help the poor?

Who do Obama's friends give their money to?  Obama 2012?

What is insurance? Insurance is simply defined as protection against future risk.  What about those folks that are already sick?   Is 'already sick' future risk?  No.

What is Obama's vision?  Stealing from everyone to pay for someone's everyday medical expenses?  Health insurance isn't a welfare program.  How much is it going to cost to socialize the cost of someone's $5 pack of birth control? 

Taxation is a form of violence, a form of theft.  If someone earns a dollar they should take most of it home. 

What does Obama want?  Seems like he want's everything you earn or invest...unless you're a contributor to Obama 2012.  Trust the government to return to you a 'fair share' allowance...

I haven't seen Obama giving away all MO clothing, shoes, or other entertainments...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »

Whiskey Girl, appreciate your posts.
I guess that's why a 4 million dollar vacation is ok and he and legislators have different insurance than we do . . . and I don't even want to get started about their retirement.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »

Did Judas know he would betray Jesus?

'I want every child to have a public school education' - I'll send mine to an elite private school...

'I'm here to take care of the poor' - I'll just ignore the self employed and pretend I'm for working people...

'I should pay more taxes, my friends tell me to raise their taxes' - They'll just sue the IRS and in the end pay NOTHING for years, a tax shell game...ensuring me more campaign donations...are they really tax cheats if they negotiate until they die and never pay anything? 

'I want every American to finance at a lower rate and save money' - I just won't tell them about my new tax hidden in the interest rate costing them thousands more...

'I want every American to have affordable healthcare' - I'll just stick it to working people, the self employed, the small business person...

'I want every new mom to have a free breast milk pump' - I don't care if they are drug and substance abusers and their breast milk would be considered toxic if it was in a bottle or can labelled for sale...

'I'll give every woman free contraceptives, abortion, sterilization as part of their 'insurance''  I'm all for old fashioned values  - I'll ignore the facts.  Insurance is protection against future loss.  Pregnancy is not a sickness or disease.  It is a choice, just like buying a new car.  That $5 pack of birth control I talk about will likely cost $320 when Obamacare is implemented.

'I want every American to own a home.' - They won't figure out in large numbers that Obamacare taxes will rob them of any equity they build up.  I have to offer them 'reductions and HARP' so they won't notice so much...

'I want to punish the big banks' - I hope Americans won't notice that the big banks are getting bigger and off-shoring jobs in record numbers.  I hope they don't notice that my Federal Reserve is doling out stimulus in TRILLIONS of dollars to big banks, global banks, foreign banks, and other anonymous people.  I'll just slap on a new housing tax hidden in your interest rate, a tax that will escalate for years...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.