March 28, 2024, 03:32:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #4 5/07/12 -  (Read 301507 times)
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »

Sounds like the City Council of West Valley thinks they can trump the Utah Supreme Court.  Good luck with that, guys.  Yep, Yuk, they really don't want the public to know how bad their PD messed up this case.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »

Chuck Cox fights Josh Powell’s siblings for millions in insurance money
Posted: 4:32 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012

TACOMA, Wash. —
Siblings of Josh Powell are going to court for millions in life insurance policies taken out on missing woman Susan Cox Powell and her slain boys as the Cox family fights to stop them from claiming the money.

The Coxes said they’re not fighting for the $3.5 million because they want it for themselves, but because they don’t think the Powell family has rights to it.

::snipping2::

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/chuck-cox-fights-josh-powells-siblings-millions-in/nSm8y/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »

New song honors Susan Cox Powell, sons
Posted on: 10:44 am, October 15, 2012,

SALT LAKE CITY — To mark missing West Valley City mom Susan Cox Powell’s 31st birthday, a new song has been released about her and her murdered sons.

“Susan’s Song: A Dream Away,” is written about Susan and her sons, Charlie and Braden. Camilyn Morrison said she felt compelled to write the song, after learning that Charlie and Braden died in a house explosion at the hands of their father. She said one night she had a dream that Susan was trying to tell her something.

http://fox13now.com/2012/10/15/new-song-honors-susan-cox-powell-sons/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

Cox family to fight for Powell insurance money in court
Posted on: 7:29 am, October 25, 2012,

Siblings of Josh Powell are trying to collect on insurance policies Powell took out on his wife and family.

Powell took out multimillion dollar insurance policies on his wife, missing West Valley City mother Susan Cox Powell, and their family before he murdered his children and took his own life.

The siblings are going to court to collect on more than $3.5 million in life insurance policies taken out on Susan and her two sons, Charlie and Braden.

http://fox13now.com/2012/10/25/cox-family-to-fight-for-powell-insurance-money-in-court/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »

Cox family fights Powell siblings for insurance money
Updated: 10/25 6:13 pm

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A legal battle is brewing in a Washington court over the life insurance money left by Josh Powell. On one hand, Powell's siblings including Alina and Michael Powell claim the $2.5 million dollar policy should be theirs.

But Chuck and Judy Cox, the parents of Susan Cox Powell believe it is rightfully theirs.

"We had no idea it (policy) existed," says Chuck Cox.

Powell's younger sister and brothers were named beneficiaries.

"Josh had made recent changes in October and December (2011)," says Cox.

That was about two to four months before he murdered his two children and then set his Washington state home on fire.

Cox knew Josh had a one million life insurance policy but was unaware of this amended policy.

But in this latest version Susan who had already disappeared was left off.

"He had taken my daughter off as a beneficiary which is odd because she paid for the policy too," Cox says.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Cox-family-fights-Powell-siblings-for-insurance/IqVTKdbirk6akR4SbY3htw.cspx
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A legal battle is brewing in a Washington court over the life insurance money left by Josh Powell. On one hand, Powell's siblings including Alina and Michael Powell claim the $2.5 million dollar policy should be theirs.

But Chuck and Judy Cox, the parents of Susan Cox Powell believe it is rightfully theirs.

That was about two to four months before he murdered his two children and then set his Washington state home on fire.

Cox knew Josh had a one million life insurance policy but was unaware of this amended policy.

"He had taken my daughter off as a beneficiary which is odd because she paid for the policy too," Cox says.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Cox-family-fights-Powell-siblings-for-insurance/IqVTKdbirk6akR4SbY3htw.cspx

I am neither a life insurance expert nor an attorney, but I have been led to believe that a spouse can not be taken off as beneficiary on a life insurance policy of the other spouse without the beneficiary spouse signing a release.  In other words, Susan would have had to have signed an acknowledgement that she realized she was relinquishing rights to Josh's life insurance policy.  Since she was missing and not declared dead, that couldn't have happened.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2012, 07:22:08 AM »

I am neither a life insurance expert nor an attorney, but I have been led to believe that a spouse can not be taken off as beneficiary on a life insurance policy of the other spouse without the beneficiary spouse signing a release.  In other words, Susan would have had to have signed an acknowledgement that she realized she was relinquishing rights to Josh's life insurance policy.  Since she was missing and not declared dead, that couldn't have happened.   

Another interesting twist - since Susan has not been declared dead, and we know Josh is, she technically survived him and all of the estate passes to her. And then to her family. What a tangled web we weave . . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »

Good point...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: November 15, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Memorial-approved-in-Puyallup-for-Powell-boys/mV6yrFfSsU6QM_JdZMqOzw.cspx

Memorial approved in Puyallup for Powell boys
Updated: 5:01 pm | Published: 4:59 pm

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Construction will begin this week in Puyallup, WA on a monument for Charlie and Braden Powell, the two young boys killed by their father in a house explosion in February.

On Tuesday, the Puyallup City Council approved the $45,000 memorial which will be a Christmas Box Angel made of bronze and sitting on a white granite base with Charlie’s and Braden’s names etched in brick. The monument will be placed at Woodbine Cemetery.
The monument in Washington is expected to be complete Dec. 6, the three-year anniversary of the last time Susan Powell was seen alive.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Memorial-approved-in-Puyallup-for-Powell-boys/mV6yrFfSsU6QM_JdZMqOzw.cspx

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Construction will begin this week in Puyallup, WA on a monument for Charlie and Braden Powell, the two young boys killed by their father in a house explosion in February.

On Tuesday, the Puyallup City Council approved the $45,000 memorial which will be a Christmas Box Angel made of bronze and sitting on a white granite base with Charlie’s and Braden’s names etched in brick. The monument will be placed at Woodbine Cemetery.
The monument in Washington is expected to be complete Dec. 6, the three-year anniversary of the last time Susan Powell was seen alive.

This still and perhaps will always bring such sadness to my heart.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

This still and perhaps will always bring such sadness to my heart.

It's so sad.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #331 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

Nice that they would do that for the boys. I just wish they would find Susan and bring her home.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »

Nice that they would do that for the boys. I just wish they would find Susan and bring her home.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »

http://**/breaking-news/ci_22089777/susan-powell-disappearance-ann-rule-book-gives-titillating

Susan Powell disappearance: Ann Rule book gives titillating tidbits
Posted:   11/29/2012 08:38:36 AM PST
November 29, 2012 4:43 PM GMTUpdated:   11/29/2012 08:41:27 AM PST

Veteran crime writer Ann Rule provides a fast-read take on the disappearance of Utah mom Susan Cox Powell in her newest book, "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors and Other True Cases."

For those who have closely followed the Powell story, there is little new information beyond some titillating tidbits about Josh Powell and his father Steven. Among them: Josh Powell crashed his future wife's bridal shower dressed as a woman - skirt, makeup, etc. Guests didn't think it was funny. Judy Cox, Susan's mother, said the incident added to their early concern about their daughter's fiance. But the marriage went ahead as planned.

Another: Steven Powell apparently followed his son and daughter-in-law to a Costco in December 2003, as they prepared to leave for Utah, and surreptitiously filmed Susan, an escapade he later described in detail in his personal journal.
Rule, who lives in Washington, devotes 156 pages to the Powell story in the book, which appeared in bookstores Tuesday and also chronicles eight other stories.

The Powell section includes a 16-page photo spread, including wedding photos that Susan's father, Chuck Cox, salvaged from the ruins of the Washington rental home that Josh Powell set fire on Feb. 5, killing himself and sons Charlie, 7, and Braden, 5.

In an interview Wednesday, Cox said he was able to retrieve four or five grocery bags of photos that had been stored in a bedroom at the destroyed home. Some were singed and some were water damaged, but many were in remarkably good shape, he said.

He has not yet read Rule's book, but said he expects it will be "a good book for somebody who hasn't heard a lot of the detail. Somebody that has been following it, not so much."

One new disclosure involves Chuck and Judy Cox. Rule writes that in the early evening of Dec. 7, 2009, Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, was on the phone with the Coxes giving them the latest details in the search for the missing family. Josh happened to finally return Jennifer's call and Jennifer put him on a speaker phone so the Coxes could hear what he had to say.

"From his responses, he was hiding something, he had done something," Cox told The Salt Lake Tribune on Wednesday.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »

Love Ann Rule---have a ton of her books.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2012, 11:44:01 PM »

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/12/03/2790177/guardian-angel-placed-at-powell.html

Guardian angel placed at Powell children's grave
Published: December 3, 2012 Updated 5 hours ago

Chuck Cox, grandfather of Braden and Charlie Powell, tells the gathering that the memorial that was just installed for his grandchildren was solid and installed right at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. Lui Kit Wong — Staff photographer

The bronze angel is meant to do in death what it could not do in life: look over and protect children.

On Monday, a 10,000-pound statue was erected at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup on a hill overlooking the resting place of Charlie and Braden Powell. The boys, ages 7 and 5, were killed by their father, Josh Powell, earlier this year during a supervised visit at his rented home in the Graham area.

“This is not just for Charlie and Braden; this is for all kids that are victims,” Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said.

The angel sits atop a marble platform and invites visitors to place a white flower at the base. In scripted white letters, it proclaims itself “a place of love and healing for all those who have suffered the loss of a child.”

It will be officially unveiled Thursday during a 7 p.m. candlelight vigil to honor the lives of children who met violent ends. The public is invited.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »

Video at link

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Memorial-to-honor-Susan-Powell-and-her-children-181903111.html

Memorial at Puyallup cemetery honors Powell boys, community
Posted on December 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Updated yesterday at 5:20 PM

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
   Susan               Charlie              Braden

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/susan-powell-photos-steve-powell-seized_n_2253709.html

Susan Powell Photos Seized From Father-in-law's Home Show Voyeuristic Images
12/06/12 06:37 PM ET EST

The photos – some of which are sexually suggestive – were obtained under public records laws Thursday by The Associated Press, three years after Powell went missing.
Steve Powell was not charged with any crimes related to images of Susan Powell, but the files show she was often the focus of his lens. In a folder labeled with her initials, SMP, there are images of her walking through parking lots or sitting in her car. It appears the photographer is taking the pictures from another vehicle.

Some images zoom closely to Susan Powell's crotch or her backside, including a set of photos taken through blinds as she's bending over and doing laundry. None of the pictures, which were found on a disc in Steve Powell's bedroom, show her naked.

The folder dedicated to Susan Powell contains nearly 4,500 images.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »

http://**/sltrib/news/55417721-78/powell-susan-josh-police.html.csp

West Valley City police scale back search for Susan Powell
First Published 3 hours ago • Updated 19 minutes ago

On Thursday, the third anniversary of the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell from her West Valley City home, police said the investigation "continues to be active but has been scaled down."

West Valley City police Sgt. Mike Powell said in a news release that the number of full-time investigators assigned to the case has been reduced.

"Some investigative tasks remains to be completed as follow ups are coordinated," said Powell, who is not related to the missing woman.

"The department remains committed to this investigation," Powell added, noting there is still a $10,000 reward for information leading to Susan Powell’s whereabouts.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000.

In recent months, a spokesman for the city has said ongoing work on the case justifies their refusal to release records related to the investigation.

In Washington state, the Associated Press reported Wednesday it received a folder containing nearly 4,500 images of Susan Powell in response to a records request for evidence used at the voyeurism trial of Steve Powell, her father-in-law. Many of the images of Susan were taken without her knowledge and focused on her crotch and backside.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.