March 28, 2024, 06:45:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #4 5/07/12 -  (Read 301524 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »

I feel so badly for Susan's family.  I hope her remains can be found and laid to rest with her two precious angels. 

And I wonder if Steve Powell knows where she is... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »

I've always thought he knows...we may never know.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Investigation-into-Susan-Cox-Powell-disappearance-may-close-207857391.html

Susan Cox Powell disappearance case may close
Posted on May 17, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Updated today at 9:32 AM

SCOTTS MILLS, Ore.  -- After a search in rural Oregon failed to yield any trace of missing Utah mother Susan Powell, authorities say they may close the investigation.

Wayne Pyle, who is city manager in West Valley City, Utah, said Thursday that leads in the case have dried up in the three and a half years since Powell disappeared.

Police said earlier Thursday they found no signs of Powell after searching for two days at a rural site near Salem, the capital city of Oregon

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »

CRAP!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »

CRAP!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20701213,00.html

Did Josh Powell's Brother Commit Suicide Because He Buried Susan's Body?
05/17/2013 at 04:45 PM EDT

When Utah police led 20 searchers and five cadaver dogs onto a property in Salem, Ore., this week, they were acting on suspicions that Susan Cox Powell was buried there – and that the man who buried her was not her late husband, Josh Powell, but rather his brother, a politician and graduate student who later committed suicide.

Susan's father, Charles Cox – who has worked tirelessly with authorities to find his daughter – shares with PEOPLE that West Valley City, Utah, police believe Josh's brother, Michael Powell, was an accomplice in her murder.

According to Cox and other sources, detectives believe Josh drove the couple's Town & Country van hundreds of miles northwest in a snowstorm in December 2009 as his and Susan's two young sons, Charlie and Braden, slept in the backseat. They believe Josh turned Susan's body over to Michael, who buried her.

But this week's search on a woodsy, 180-acre property that was rented by Josh's relatives at the time of Susan's disappearance did not yield any human remains and the search was called off Thursday after three days.

Michael Powell "was more involved in the disposal of her body," says Cox, who has endured years of searches that have come up empty and been notified repeatedly of the discovery of remains that turned out not to be Susan's.

Cox says the police are at the end of their investigation and might soon discuss their suspicion of Michael's involvement.

A West Valley City police spokesman, Sgt. Mike Powell (no relation), would neither confirm nor deny that police now believe Michael Powell buried Susan's body. But he confirms that police may soon reveal more about Susan's disappearance.

He added that information about the case should only be treated as factual once it's released by the police department. "Any particular aspect of the investigation not coming from the WVCPD should be examined very cautiously," Sgt. Powell said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »

More from the "People" article...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20701213,00.html

Did Josh Powell's Brother Commit Suicide Because He Buried Susan's Body?
05/17/2013 at 04:45 PM EDT

Michael Powell's Suicide
Police began seeing clues to Michael Powell's involvement fairly early in the case, says Anne Bremner, a high-profile Seattle attorney. Bremner represents Susan's family as well as the victims in Steve Powell's voyeurism case. She also has participated in many discussions between police and the Cox family.

Bremner says police learned after Susan disappeared that "Michael had his Ford Taurus towed a hundred miles, and then sold it for salvage value because, police think, he had her body in there. Then he hired militaristic satellite photography people to go look at the wrecking yard to see if his car had been completely destroyed, but it wasn't."

She adds, "Cadaver dogs came to the tow yard and only indicated on his car, no one else's."

More recently, Bremner says, Utah police repeatedly questioned Michael Powell in Minneapolis. Then, three months ago, Michael Powell jumped from the fifth story of a parking structure, taking his own life. He was 30.

Cox says he and the officers believe Michael Powell "couldn't live with what he'd done, or the police were closing in." But Cox also said it was he who prompted the search in Salem, Ore., based on a tip he received from a confidential source.

With this latest search completed, Cox says the West Valley City police tell him there will be no more searches and their investigation is finished. Sgt. Powell says the department will do more if new leads spring up, but "we are nearing the end of the tips and leads that we have to follow up on."

He adds, "Our focus has been finding Susan, and Susan is still missing. It's been a long, enduring and difficult investigation."

But Cox vows "we'll keep searching" until he finds his daughter.

Bremner says Cox is so convinced that Michael Powell buried Susan in the Salem, Ore., area that he's organizing a search for the weekend of May 25 on public lands surrounding the Salem property, and he already has recruited more searchers than the number that participated in this week's effort.

Those interested in participating can call her at (206) 486-1200.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: May 18, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »

http://fox13now.com/2013/05/17/susans-father-claims-bones-were-found-in-oregon-search/

Susan’s father claims bones were found in Oregon search
Posted on: 9:33 pm, May 17, 2013, by Ben Winslow, updated on: 09:50pm, May 17, 2013

PORTLAND — The father of Susan Cox Powell claims police recovered bones during their search of a heavily-forested Oregon property.

“They did find things,” he said in an interview Friday night with FOX 13. “They found some bones out there. They don’t know if they’re animal or person bones, so they’re still processing the things they found out there.”

Deputy West Valley City Police Chief Mike Powell (no relation to Susan or the Powell family) insisted that investigators found nothing significant during the search.

A lawyer for the Cox family said she took a deposition from Michael Powell last year as part of a series of lawsuits filed in connection with the deaths of Susan’s children, Charlie and Braden. Anne Bremner said she questioned Powell for eight hours about his whereabouts before, during and after Susan’s disappearance. After Susan disappeared, Bremner said, Michael Powell told her he drove to Utah.

“He said that he drove three mountain passes to see Josh and help Josh,” she told FOX 13 on Friday. “He also said that his car, a Taurus, broke down along the way.”

Bremner said Michael Powell told her in the deposition that he had the car totaled and sold for scrap. She said police have also indicated he had an interest in seeing that car destroyed.

“There’s been some suspicion that if he did that, it’s because he had further involvement than he admitted to,” she said.

West Valley City police have refused to say if they believe Michael Powell may have been involved in Susan’s disappearance. On Wednesday, as cadaver dogs searched the Oregon property for Susan, FOX 13 asked deputy chief Mike Powell about anyone else who may have been involved.

“We have stated from the very beginning that anybody that has any involvement we consider a person of interest,” he said at the time. “We continue to state that. We are looking at any possibility.”

West Valley City police have said they are close to exhausting all leads in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell. The police department has scheduled a news conference Monday afternoon to discuss the case.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »

This is a really twisted family.

The old man needs to be squashed into telling the truth before he kills himself too.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2013, 10:57:09 AM »

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Police-to-offer-new-details-in-Susan-Powell-case-4531676.php
Police to offer new details in Susan Powell case
May 20, 2013

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — A police agency is offering new details about the disappearance of Susan Powell, a Utah mother whose now-dead husband was a prime suspect.

West Valley City police were set to offer "detailed updates" on an investigation that's been kept under wraps since Powell vanished in 2009. The news conference was set for 3 p.m. MDT Monday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865580354/West-Valley-police-to-release-detailed-updates-in-Susan-Powell-case.html
West Valley police to release 'detailed updates' in Susan Powell case
May 20, 2013

WEST VALLEY CITY — New information is expected to be released today in the Susan Cox Powell investigation.

West Valley police have called a 3 p.m. news conference they say will involve "detailed updates" pertaining to the 3 ˝-year-old case.

The press conference comes on the heels of a two-day search in a heavily wooded area outside of Salem, Ore., last week. Nothing was found. At that time, West Valley police hinted it likely marked the end of their investigation, barring any new evidence that might come up.

The press conference will be streamed live on this website and updates will be provided on Twitter @DNewsCrimeTeam. KSL-Ch. 5 will also broadcast the press conference on television.

May 20, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/DNewsCrimeTeam

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 1h
We will be live Tweeting the press conference about the Susan Powell case today at 3 p.m.  http://bit.ly/14JYUtc  #findsusan

Using twitter search #findsusan, lots of sources for live press conference coverage, tweets etc.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »

Thank you, MuffyBee, for the reminder about the news conference.  I'll hurry and post the tweets. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »

May 20, 2013 Tweets  (Read from bottom up  )

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 2m
#WVC Police asked whether this was the perfect crime. Their answer: "This was a horrific crime." #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 3m
#WVC police: Likelihood of successful prosecution was low. No crime scene, no body, little circumstantial evidence #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 4m
#WVC police: "Our purpose was to find Susan." Secondary focus was gathering evidence to file charges #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 6m
#WVC police also believe Michael Powell was also involved in Susan's disappearance #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 7m
#WVC police: "We are confident Josh was definitely involved in her disappearance." #FindSusan
Expand
 DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 7m
#WVC police again offers sympathies for Susan's family, loved ones, offers to answer questions #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 8m
#WVC police: Powell relatives who rented recently searched land in Oregon had no involvement in Susan's disappearance #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 10m
#WVC Police: with Josh and Michael Powell's suicides, answers "left this world with them." #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 10m
#WVC police: Michael Powell was suspicious, uncooperative, defended his brother. DNA in Michael's junked car was not Susan's #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 12m
#WVC police: Michael Powell was a central focus of investigation, lots of encrypted communication between him and Josh early on #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 12m
#WVC police: Josh Powell was a suspect early on, Steve Powell not likely involved in Susan's disappearance #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 14m
#WVC police: With only circumstantial evidence and no body, successful prosecution was unlikely. #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 16m
#WVC Dep Chief Mike Powell: Many individuals outside Josh Powell were persons on interest, investigated. #FindSuan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 17m
#WVC del chief Mike Powell: Search has left "no stone unturned," reached into several states, California to Florida #FindSuan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 18m
Documents unsealed today include reports from #WVC police dating back to disappearance. Won't include last week's search in Oregon #FindSuan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 20m
#WVC Deputy Chief Mike Powell: All interviews done, no more leads #FindSusan. The day has arrived to release info, sealed documents

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 21m
#WVC City manager: End of search is not a negative reflection on police effort. Josh Powell committed a heinous crime #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 22m
#WVC city manager: "Sometimes our efforts are rewarded. Sometimes our efforts are not rewarded until much later." #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 23m
#WVC city manager announces end of active search for Susan Powell #FindSusan. All info from investigation will be released.

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 24m
@mayorwinder says he's proud of efforts by #WVC police in #FindSusas investigation

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 26m
@mayorwinder acknowledging pain felt by many in the search for Susan. Will share details from the 4-year search

Peter Samore ‏@kslpetersamore 28m
#wvcpd news conf for #findsusan starting now. Listen live @kslnewsradio @kslcom
 Retweeted by DNews Crime Team

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 27m
Now tweeting live from #FindSusan press conference with West Valley police

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 39m
News conference with WVCPD to discuss Susan Powell case to begin in 15 min. Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell is in the audience. #SusanPowell

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »

May 20, 2013 Tweets cont.

#WVC police: Direct involvement by Steven Powell ruled out, but he may have learned/overheard something along the way #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 3m
#WVC Police: Trunk of Michael Powell's car was soaked in solution to reveal DNA. DNA found was partial, not a match for Susan #FindSusan

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 1m
#WVC police: Encryption software was commercial, some messages were never cracked #FindSusan

#WVC Police: Digital communication between Josh, Michael Powell couldn't be deciphered, was encrypted with sophisticated software #FindSusan

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 56s
#WVC police: fans found in the front room were directed at couch, not entryway. #FindSusan

Questions about crime scene. #WVC police say Susan's blood found in the house, minimal in size, in front room by entry #FindSusan

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

MuffyBee

Thanks for the tweets!  I hurried to post them, previewed the post, and saw that you already posted them. 

Guess my car needs a tune up.    You're fast!  Good job! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.