March 28, 2024, 05:51:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #4 5/07/12 -  (Read 301463 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »

MuffyBee

Thanks for the tweets!  I hurried to post them, previewed the post, and saw that you already posted them. 

Guess my car needs a tune up.    You're fast!  Good job! 

Ooops!  I'm so sorry you did so much prep work and I posted on top of you grace-land.   I saw where you posted you were going to post the tweets, but thought perhaps you got waylaid by life (as I often do) so I went ahead and posted them.  Would you like to take over now?  Next shift...     This is the time I usually feed my critters.  Thanks! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »

You did all the hard work...found one unposted tweet so far--the last one? 

https://twitter.com/DNewsCrimeTeam

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  13m 
#WVC police: No DNA evidence found in Josh Powell's rental car,
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »

Spoke too soon...more tweets...

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  1m 
Asked if mistakes were made, #WVC mayor says docs released today show a police force that was dedicated, did everything possible #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  1m 
#WVC police continue to emphasize Josh and Michael Powell were deceitful, uncooperative

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  2m 
#WVC police: We don't know why Josh Powell would have wanted to kill his wife. "We probably won't ever have that information."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »

You did all the hard work...found one unposted tweet so far--the last one? 

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  13m 
#WVC police: No DNA evidence found in Josh Powell's rental car,

There's three [/s  four ]more...  But I'm not gonna post 'em.   It's your turn.      Tag you're it!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »

Alrighty then.     It appears the tweets are in grace-land's capable hands.  I'm going to finish feeding the zoo & check back.    

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

May 20, 2013--tweets cont

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  3m 
#WVC police ending Q&A, expressing final confidence that everything possible was done

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  4m 
#WVC police: This was a circumstantial case, which causes difficulties in prosecution  #FindSusan

DNews Crime Team DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam  7m 
#WVC police: Evidentiary standards could not be met to file murder charge against Josh Powell, DA agreed
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2013, 06:27:58 PM »

Prayers for the Cox family as they continue to carry the burden of the murder and disappearance of their daughter and the murders of their young grandsons.  I hope Susan's remains can be found and she can be laid to rest next to her sons.  There may not be justice done here on Earth, but  I hold the belief those responsible will answer for their deeds.  JMHO 

Rest in peace Charlie and Braden.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »

The tweet-posting marathon between MuffyBee and grace-land has concluded--the press conference has ended 

Seriously--

It seems that the LE conducted a good investigation. 

--Josh was definitely involved with the disappearance of Susan.
--Michael was involved.
--Steve had no direct involvement; may have learned/overheard something along the way.

Will Susan ever be found?  Both Josh and Michael committed suicide, and Steven will probably never say anything about it--even if he knows something.   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »

Prayers for the Cox family as they continue to carry the burden of the murder and disappearance of their daughter and the murders of their young grandsons.  I hope Susan's remains can be found and she can be laid to rest next to her sons.  There may not be justice done here on Earth, but  I hold the belief those responsible will answer for their deeds.  JMHO 

and Rest in Peace, Susan.    an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2013, 11:13:07 PM »

Two-page article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-offer-details-susan-powell-case-19217639#.UZrjh74o7IV

Police Close Susan Powell Case, Offer New Details
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah May 20, 2013 (AP)

For the first time, Utah police said Monday they believe Susan Powell's brother-in-law was "heavily involved" in getting rid of her body, even as they announced they couldn't solve the sensational case of a mother's disappearance after a nearly 3 ½-year investigation.

West Valley police said the focus shifted to Michael C. Powell after Josh Powell killed the couple's two boys and himself in a deliberately set house fire 15 months ago.

Police announced Monday they were closing the investigation of Susan Powell's disappearance, citing a lack of leads coupled with Michael C. Powell's suicide months ago. They also released the case file, which shows Josh Powell had an affair with a woman he met through a dating service.

The file includes other details, and contained emails from Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, who expressed hope his daughter might be found in the days after her December 2009 disappearance.

Cox believed Josh Powell poisoned his wife's pancakes before she was taken from the couple's house.

"The question is, where did he put her and will we find her before she does die?" Cox wrote in an email to Utah authorities, according to the police file. "One possibility is that she is still alive, but we need to find her before she does die, if the poison was not a fatal dose, she may ... be found."

The police file contains tens of thousands of pages of documents, photographs and video, and interview notes and voice mail messages.

In one file, police revealed they interviewed a West Valley City woman who said she made contact with Josh Powell on the dating service Live Links six or seven months before Susan disappeared. The woman, identified only as Kourtney in police files, said she knew Powell by the name John Staley, and didn't know he was married.

The woman said Powell gave her $800 over the course of their relationship — for reasons that weren't detailed in police reports — and that she only discerned his real identity after news broke of Susan's disappearance. The woman was interviewed by police in August 2010.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/file-josh-powell-affair-wife-vanished-19221856
File: Josh Powell Had Affair Before Wife Vanished
May 21, 2013

According to a West Valley City police detective's report, investigators contacted the woman, whose full name is redacted, in August 2010, after her phone number was discovered in connection with the case.

She told police she had a sexual relationship with Powell after meeting him through a dating service about six or seven months before Susan Powell disappeared. The woman said she knew Powell by the name John Staley, and she didn't know he was married.

She said Powell gave her about $800 over the course of their relationship. The report didn't specify how long the relationship lasted, or what the money was for.

The woman "said that she eventually broke up with him and it wasn't until she saw the news story about the Susan Powell case that she realized John was actually Josh Powell," Detective David Greco wrote.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2013, 09:04:57 AM »

and Rest in Peace, Susan.    an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyer-feds-investigate-susan-powell-case-19226678
Lawyer: Feds Investigate Susan Powell Case
May 21, 2013

(2 pgs)
The lawyer for the family of a missing Utah woman said Tuesday there's an ongoing federal investigation into Susan Powell's disappearance.

Anne Bremner made the announcement at a Seattle news conference a day after local officials in Utah said they had closed their investigation into the Susan Powell case.

"This is not over," Bremner said.

Bremner, who was joined at the news conference by Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father, said the federal probe could also involve what Josh Powell's father knew about his daughter-in-law's disappearance. Steve Powell is currently serving a prison sentence after being convicted of voyeurism charges.

Bremner said Susan Powell's family plans to conduct searches on their own, including a property in Oregon where authorities recently said they looked for evidence but found nothing.
More...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2013, 07:26:06 PM »

Good news about the fed agency's involvement in the investigation.  I hope Bremmer is correct, because the "West Valley City Deputy Police Chief Mike Powell said he believed Bremmer was mistaken. He said he wasn't immediately aware of any ongoing federal investigation but would look into it."  However, since the WVCPD has closed the active investigation, it wouldn't surprise me if a fed agency continued the investigation.  It's not over! 

I think it's time to check on the release of Steven... 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »

Good news about the fed agency's involvement in the investigation.  I hope Bremmer is correct, because the "West Valley City Deputy Police Chief Mike Powell said he believed Bremmer was mistaken. He said he wasn't immediately aware of any ongoing federal investigation but would look into it."  However, since the WVCPD has closed the active investigation, it wouldn't surprise me if a fed agency continued the investigation.  It's not over! 

I think it's time to check on the release of Steven... 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37:08 PM »

IIRC, he was scheduled to be released on May 23.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765629789/Steven-Powell-will-not-be-released-from-prison-next-week.html?pg=all

Steven Powell will not be released from prison next week
Published: Thursday, May 16 2013 5:40 p.m. MDT

Steven Powell will remain in prison for at least another month and possibly longer.

Powell, 62, would have been eligible for early release from the Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Wash., next Thursday. But under Washington state law, an inmate must first submit an "offender release plan."

"It's a plan of, where do you plan to live? How are you going to support yourself? What treatment is available? So the offender submits the plan. We investigate it. We go ensure that the residence is OK, that there's treatment available, you have a support network. We review it and we either approve it or deny it," said Washington Department of Corrections spokesman Chad Lewis. "Once he submits a plan and if we approve it, then the clock starts."

Once that plan is approved, Lewis said an inmate will stay an additional 35 days in prison while preparations are made for his release, such as notifying victims as well as local law enforcement in the area that he is about to move there.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2013, 08:46:34 AM »

IIRC, he was scheduled to be released on May 23.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765629789/Steven-Powell-will-not-be-released-from-prison-next-week.html?pg=all

Steven Powell will not be released from prison next week
Published: Thursday, May 16 2013 5:40 p.m. MDT

Steven Powell will remain in prison for at least another month and possibly longer.

Powell, 62, would have been eligible for early release from the Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Wash., next Thursday. But under Washington state law, an inmate must first submit an "offender release plan."

"It's a plan of, where do you plan to live? How are you going to support yourself? What treatment is available? So the offender submits the plan. We investigate it. We go ensure that the residence is OK, that there's treatment available, you have a support network. We review it and we either approve it or deny it," said Washington Department of Corrections spokesman Chad Lewis. "Once he submits a plan and if we approve it, then the clock starts."

Once that plan is approved, Lewis said an inmate will stay an additional 35 days in prison while preparations are made for his release, such as notifying victims as well as local law enforcement in the area that he is about to move there.

I keep hoping his "plan" is never approved -- until he tells all he knows.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: May 24, 2013, 02:18:52 AM »

Two-page article

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865580586/Steven-Powell-cant-go-back-to-his-home-corrections-officials-say.html

Steven Powell can't go back to his home, corrections officials say
Published: Thursday, May 23 2013 6:00 p.m. MDT

PUYALLUP, Wash. — The Washington Department of Corrections says Steven Powell cannot move back into his old neighborhood where the crimes he was convicted of took place.

Powell, 62, is currently serving a prison sentence after being convicted of 14 counts of voyeurism in May of 2012. A Tacoma jury found him guilty of taking photographs of two neighbor girls, then ages 8 and 10, with a telephoto lens while they were nude or partially nude in their bathroom. Powell is currently incarcerated at the Monroe Correctional Complex.

He was eligible for early release Thursday. But under Washington state law, an inmate must first submit an "offender release plan" and have it approved by the Corrections Department. That plan must include details such as where he plans to live and work once he's released.

According to Powell's offender release plan, obtained by the Deseret News through a public records request, the Washington Department of Corrections has denied his request to return to live in his Puyallup home because of community concerns.

In the report, officials refer to the thousands of images seized from Powell's room by police of young girls who were filmed without their knowledge, and how the pictures focused mostly on the girls' buttocks and breasts. The report also mentioned the images of missing Utah mother Susan Cox Powell, his daughter-in-law, that were found in his house.

One part of the report also noted that Powell does not "have a verified high school diploma," although he said he has both a diploma and a college degree.

According to his release agreement that a judge signed when Powell was sentenced, he will not be allowed to have any contact with his victims once he is released and will be banned from possessing any camera or video recording equipment, sexually explicit materials, joining any social media Internet sites such as Facebook, and unsupervised Internet access including on mobile devices.

He will be required to obtain approved employment and living arrangements, enter a "state approved sexual deviancy treatment program," submit to polygraph and plethysmograph tests, register as a sex offender for 10 years in the county he is living in, and submit a DNA sample.

If a release plan is never approved, Powell would still get out of prison in April of 2014, the maximum time on his sentence.

Powell does not have any other family members in Washington, other than Alina and John who are living in the house he cannot go back to, according to corrections documents. He does have relatives in Oregon.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: May 24, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »

Once Steve Powell is released from prison, I wonder how long it will be before he's up to his old tricks?  I see there is a list of release agreements, but I still wonder too how well authorities are going to keep track of him.  I've seen a number of times where an offender will agree to the terms, everything is set up, they start out on track and then they are lost.  the release agreements are as good as the system in place.  With budget cuts and case overloads, I am concerned. 

I'm really disturbed that Steve Powell only has to register as a sex offender for 10 years in the county he's residing. He's 62 years old now, and he will be 72 when the 10 years are up.  What's to stop him from doing what he does at 72 than he did at 62?  I don't think (and this is just my opinion) he can be fixed.  Why put children at risk?  Why doesn't Steve Powell have to register as a sex offender for life? 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: May 24, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »

Once Steve Powell is released from prison, I wonder how long it will be before he's up to his old tricks?  I see there is a list of release agreements, but I still wonder too how well authorities are going to keep track of him.  I've seen a number of times where an offender will agree to the terms, everything is set up, they start out on track and then they are lost.  the release agreements are as good as the system in place.  With budget cuts and case overloads, I am concerned. 

I'm really disturbed that Steve Powell only has to register as a sex offender for 10 years in the county he's residing. He's 62 years old now, and he will be 72 when the 10 years are up.  What's to stop him from doing what he does at 72 than he did at 62?  I don't think (and this is just my opinion) he can be fixed.  Why put children at risk?  Why doesn't Steve Powell have to register as a sex offender for life? 

Good question Muffy.  Nothing but death will stop this POS from doing what he enjoys. JMO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.