March 28, 2024, 08:44:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #4 5/07/12 -  (Read 301476 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: December 07, 2013, 10:51:34 PM »

an angelic monkey

Video at the link

Vigil held for Susan Cox Powell four years after she vanished
Posted on: 9:20 am, December 6, 2013, by Ben Winslow, updated on: 10:33pm, December 6, 2013

To remember Susan, her friends and family held a vigil at 7 p.m. Friday at the Christmas Box Angel statue at the Salt Lake City Cemetery. They also collected donations in Susan’s name for the Christmas Box House, a place that helps abused children.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: December 07, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »

an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

Video at the link

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Powell-boys--234830761.html

Powell boys among children remembered at Angel of Hope statue

Heartbreak is something Chuck Cox knows well. His family used community donations to build the Angel of Hope statue at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup. It sits near the gravesite of his grandchildren, Charlie and Braden Powell.

The Powell boys were killed in February 2012 by their father, Josh Powell, who claimed his own life the same day. In addition to that loss, Cox is still searching for his daughter Susan.

"It has been four years and we still don't know where she is," said Cox.

Josh Powell was the last one who reportedly saw her four years ago today.

"We tried to do something to help other people," said Cox.

The Cox family plans to host gatherings every December 6th at the statue to remember all children who have passed away.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: December 08, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #463 on: December 11, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »

an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

Video at the link

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Powell-boys--234830761.html

Powell boys among children remembered at Angel of Hope statue

Heartbreak is something Chuck Cox knows well. His family used community donations to build the Angel of Hope statue at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup. It sits near the gravesite of his grandchildren, Charlie and Braden Powell.

The Powell boys were killed in February 2012 by their father, Josh Powell, who claimed his own life the same day. In addition to that loss, Cox is still searching for his daughter Susan.

"It has been four years and we still don't know where she is," said Cox.

Josh Powell was the last one who reportedly saw her four years ago today.

"We tried to do something to help other people," said Cox.

The Cox family plans to host gatherings every December 6th at the statue to remember all children who have passed away.

what a sad time -- they are awesome for remembering other children as well.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #464 on: December 12, 2013, 04:34:42 AM »

an angelic monkey I sooooo agree

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: December 12, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »

an angelic monkey I sooooo agree

Me too!   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: December 31, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Court-orders-sale-of-Steven-Powells-house-238285621.html
Court orders sale of Steven Powell's house to pay judgment
By Associated Press Published: Dec 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM PST

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A judge has ordered the sale of Steven Powell's house to help pay a judgment owed two girls he secretly photographed inside a bathroom.

The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports the father-in-law of missing Utah mother Susan Cox-Powell can avoid the sale by paying the full $1.8 million judgment before a sheriff's auction that's set for Feb. 7.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2014, 11:48:55 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593298/Court-orders-sale-of-Steven-Powell-house-to-pay-debt.html

Court orders sale of Steven Powell house to pay debt
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 31 2013 11:31 a.m. MST
Updated: yesterday

Powell, who is representing himself, filed a nine-page, handwritten motion Friday in Tacoma's Pierce County Superior Court requesting the civil suit against him be dismissed because he claims he was not properly notified of the court hearings, making the suit void.

Powell, who is currently incarcerated at the Monroe Correctional Complex in Washington and is scheduled to be released in March, recently wrote in court documents that he planned to resume living at his Puyallup home once he completed his sentence.

He said his daughter, Alina, and son John still live there, and if he were to lose his house, they would become "homeless."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:31 AM »

One very strange family

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: January 02, 2014, 09:11:28 AM »

One very strange family

I agree with you Nut, they are definitely "One strange family."   And that's putting it mildly...  imo

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: January 02, 2014, 03:56:20 PM »

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #471 on: January 04, 2014, 08:35:06 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593298/Court-orders-sale-of-Steven-Powell-house-to-pay-debt.html

Court orders sale of Steven Powell house to pay debt
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 31 2013 11:31 a.m. MST
Updated: yesterday

Powell, who is representing himself, filed a nine-page, handwritten motion Friday in Tacoma's Pierce County Superior Court requesting the civil suit against him be dismissed because he claims he was not properly notified of the court hearings, making the suit void.

Powell, who is currently incarcerated at the Monroe Correctional Complex in Washington and is scheduled to be released in March, recently wrote in court documents that he planned to resume living at his Puyallup home once he completed his sentence.

He said his daughter, Alina, and son John still live there, and if he were to lose his house, they would become "homeless."

BBM

too bad! I don't have one ounce of sympathy for this family!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/FindSusan
Susan Cox Powell ‏@FindSusan 4m

For those of you who get this channel--there will be a TV show this weekend on Investigation Discovery about Josh... http://fb.me/6FvLX6uFK

Friends and Family of Susan Cox Powell
For those of you who get this channel--there will be a TV show this weekend on Investigation Discovery about Josh and Susan. Here's the information I received today:

"An episode of "Deadly Sins" titled Fatal Possession (the stories of Josh Powell & Eric Christensen) will air SATURDAY NIGHT, January 18th at 9PM Eastern // 6PM Pacific on Investigation Discovery network."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: January 18, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593832/Steven-Powell-has-no-possible-defense-attorneys-in-civil-case-argue.html?pg=all

Steven Powell has 'no possible defense,' attorneys in civil case argue
Published: Thursday, Jan. 9 2014 4:10 p.m. MST
Updated: Thursday, Jan. 9 2014 4:46 p.m. MST

TACOMA, Wash. — Attorneys representing two young girls who were secretly photographed by neighbor Steven Powell have fired back at Powell's motion to dismiss the $1.8 million civil judgment against him.

In court documents filed this week in Pierce County Superior Court, Seattle-based attorney Anne Bremner argued that dismissing a judgment after it has been entered is not possible, not to mention that Powell's arguments for having the judgment dismissed have no merit in the first place.

Bremner said there's no reason not to put Powell's Puyallup house on the auction block on Feb. 7 because he can't live there due to both legal and financial reasons.

"As a matter of law, he cannot 'intend' to occupy a property that he is prohibited from occupying," Bremner wrote in court documents.

Powell, who is representing himself, wants the civil suit against him thrown out because he claims he was not properly notified of the court hearings, making the suit void.

"Steven Powell fails to raise any defense at all, let alone present 'substantial evidence,'" Bremner responded. "He has no possible defense."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/FindSusan
Susan Cox Powell ‏@FindSusan 4m

For those of you who get this channel--there will be a TV show this weekend on Investigation Discovery about Josh... http://fb.me/6FvLX6uFK

Friends and Family of Susan Cox Powell
For those of you who get this channel--there will be a TV show this weekend on Investigation Discovery about Josh and Susan. Here's the information I received today:

"An episode of "Deadly Sins" titled Fatal Possession (the stories of Josh Powell & Eric Christensen) will air SATURDAY NIGHT, January 18th at 9PM Eastern // 6PM Pacific on Investigation Discovery network."

I watched it . .  . so sad!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865595041/Steven-Powell-house-to-go-on-auction-block-next-week.html

Steven Powell's house to go on auction block next week
Published: Tuesday, Jan. 28 2014 12:30 p.m. MST
Updated: Tuesday, Jan. 28 2014 1:53 p.m. MST

TACOMA, Wash. — Steven Powell's house apparently will go on the auction block next week.

Saying he didn't present any valid arguments, a Pierce County Superior Court judge has denied all of Powell's motions to have the $1.8 million civil judgment against him dismissed, thus stopping the sale of his house.

The girls were awarded $1.8 million in a civil judgment that Powell never contested until after it was final. The amount Powell currently owes, with interest, is about $1.9 million.

In December, a judge ordered the Pierce County Sheriff's Office to sell Powell's largest nonexempt asset, his house at 18615 94th Avenue Court East in Puyallup, to start paying what he owes. The house will go on the auction block Feb. 7 if he can't come up with the money.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: February 08, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/08/powell-auction-home-utah/5309427/

Auction of Steven Powell's home put on hold
1:18 a.m. EST February 8, 2014

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say an auction of Steven Powell's home in Washington state has been put on hold.

A judge had cleared the way for the auction this week to help pay a judgment Powell owes to two girls that he secretly photographed. Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer says the Friday auction was cancelled and may be rescheduled for the future. He did not immediately provide reason for the delay.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: February 08, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/08/powell-auction-home-utah/5309427/

Auction of Steven Powell's home put on hold
1:18 a.m. EST February 8, 2014

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say an auction of Steven Powell's home in Washington state has been put on hold.

A judge had cleared the way for the auction this week to help pay a judgment Powell owes to two girls that he secretly photographed. Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer says the Friday auction was cancelled and may be rescheduled for the future. He did not immediately provide reason for the delay.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: February 26, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865597402/Steven-Powell-to-be-released-March-23-still-fighting-to-save-house.html

Steven Powell to be released March 23, still fighting to save house
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 25 2014 5:55 p.m. MST
Updated: 2 hours ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Recently filed court documents in Washington state say Steven Powell will be released from prison March 23.

But as Powell prepares to leave incarceration, the battle over what will happen to his Puyallup, Wash., home continues.

He has been incarcerated in the Monroe Correctional Complex in Washington and will be placed on probation for 30 months once he is released.

According to a letter from the Washington Department of Corrections addressed to the mother on Feb. 10, Powell will be released on March 23 and plans to reside at 3606 E. J St. in Tacoma.

On Friday, a Pierce County Superior Court judge denied Powell's latest motion for the judge to reconsider her previous decision not to delay the sale of his house. This Friday, the judge is scheduled to hear arguments about whether Powell's property can be declared as "homestead."

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:24 PM »

Could it be that the endorsement of Bill SB173 will factor into the June 11, 2014 custody hearing ... the custody hearing that is expect to rule on whether or not Terri Horman is affording parenting time with her 5 year old daughter ... Terri Horman who Judge Kantor referred to as the prime suspect in the disappearance of her 7 year old stepson on June 4, 2010.

Janet

+++++

House panel approves bill to protect children whose parent is murder suspect
Published: Tuesday, March 4 2014 12:27 p.m. MST
Updated: Tuesday, March 4 2014 12:27 p.m. MST

SALT LAKE CITY — The House Judiciary Committee endorsed a bill Tuesday that aims to protect children when one of their parents is suspected of killing the other.

SB173 would make it possible for concerned parties or the state to petition that children be placed in protective custody if law enforcement investigators identify a parent as the primary suspect in the killing of the other parent.

Nothing in the bill changes the presumption of innocence, said sponsor Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross.

Rep. Craig Hall, R-West Valley City, said a child should never have to live in a home where a parent, guilty or not, is the primary suspect in a homicide because of the emotional stress it would cause.

<snipped>

It is a less stringent version of a bill that failed in the Washington Legislature last year that was prompted by the Josh Powell case. Powell had partial custody of his two young boys, even though he was suspected of killing his missing wife, Susan Cox Powell, in Utah. He murdered the two boys and killed himself minutes after the children were delivered to him for what was supposed to be a supervised weekend visit.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865597886/House-panel-approves-bill-to-protect-children-whose-parent-is-murder-suspect.html?pg=all

Chuck Cox: ‘Too many warning signs’ regarding Josh Powell
Posted: 12:20 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, 2012

Chuck Cox said it’s clearer than ever, in his mind, that Powell was responsible for the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell – the Coxes' daughter and Powell’s wife – in Utah two years ago. He said he thought Powell was feeling pressure from the investigation into his wife’s disappearance, in which police had called Powell a person of interest.

“He was going to lose in his way,” Chuck Cox said. “It was cowardly.”

Cox said he warned police, social workers, lawyers and anyone else who would listen that he felt Powell might try something desperate.

“We felt that if he – Josh – felt that there was no hope -- that he was losing, or was gonna end up in jail or something – that he would do something very desperate and could possibly harm the children or take them with him in a murder-suicide thing,” Cox said. “Well, there you go.”

Powell, despite being the only person of interest in the case, had refused to cooperate with detectives. For that reason and many others, Chuck Cox said he thinks the deaths of his grandsons could have, and should have, been avoided.

“THERE WERE TOO MANY WARNING SIGNS THAT WERE KNOWN, BUT DUE TO LEGAL LIMITATIONS, WERE UNABLE TO BE ACTED UP," HE SAID. "SO WE ENDED UP WHERE WE ENDED UP."

<snipped>

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/chuck-cox-too-many-warning-signs-regarding-josh-po/nHWNk/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.