March 28, 2024, 05:23:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #4 5/07/12 -  (Read 301516 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: March 13, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »

what?????
the endorsement and June hearing has what to do with this case?

good gravy!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:38 PM »

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2476258/Steven-Powell-to-complete-prison-sentence-on-Sunday

Steven Powell to complete prison sentence on Sunday
March 17, 2014 @ 12:15 pm  (Updated: 1:57 pm - 3/17/14 )

Steven Powell is scheduled to be released from prison on Sunday, March 23 after serving 30 months for 14 counts of voyeurism.

The Department of Corrections said Powell, 64, will live in Tacoma under the supervision of a community corrections officer who is part of a specialized sex-crime unit.

Powell will be required to wear a GPS locator for at least the first 30 days of his community supervision and attend a sex-offender treatment program. Powell will have to get permission to leave Pierce County and check in with the officer a minimum of two times each month. That officer will also conduct multiple field contacts each month.

The DOC said Powell has three days to register with the Pierce County Sheriff's Office as a sex offender. It'll be up to the office to determine which level.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #482 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »

frightening!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: March 18, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2476258/Steven-Powell-to-complete-prison-sentence-on-Sunday

Steven Powell to complete prison sentence on Sunday
March 17, 2014 @ 12:15 pm  (Updated: 1:57 pm - 3/17/14 )

Steven Powell is scheduled to be released from prison on Sunday, March 23 after serving 30 months for 14 counts of voyeurism.

The Department of Corrections said Powell, 64, will live in Tacoma under the supervision of a community corrections officer who is part of a specialized sex-crime unit.

Powell will be required to wear a GPS locator for at least the first 30 days of his community supervision and attend a sex-offender treatment program. Powell will have to get permission to leave Pierce County and check in with the officer a minimum of two times each month. That officer will also conduct multiple field contacts each month.

The DOC said Powell has three days to register with the Pierce County Sheriff's Office as a sex offender. It'll be up to the office to determine which level.

I read through the article grace-land posted and I don't see anything spelling out limits to access  computers nor is there anything that would prevent him being near playgrounds, schools etc.  How is an ankle monitor going to prevent him from being a creeper window peeper of children, which he has been shown to have done in the past?  What about cell phones or cameras for photographing children, even in public places?  Perhaps these items I've mentioned will be spelled out after he registers with the sheriff's office and coincide with the level determined.   
A very, very poor job was done keeping tabs on Josh Powell and we all know how badly that turned out.     JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: March 18, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »

MuffyBee,

After reading several articles, no information was given about computers, cellphones, etc.  He will probably be instructed when he registers with the sheriff's office.  Also, he will have to register as a level two sex offender, and he will serve a 30-month probation.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/steven-powell-be-released-prison-sunday/nfFWX/
Posted: 1:37 p.m. Monday, March 17, 2014
Steven Powell to be released from prison Sunday

Powell will be monitored by a specialized swex-crime unit community corrections officer once he’s out of prison.  He’ll wear an electronic home monitoring device for at least the first 30 days and sources say he will register as a level two sex offender.

Level two sex offenders “generally present a moderate risk to re-offend within community at large,” according to state sex offender guidelines.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=29100088&nid=148&title=steven-powell-to-serve-30-months-probation-once-released-from-prison
Steven Powell to serve 30 months' probation once released from prison
March 17th, 2014 @ 4:26pm

TACOMA, Wash. — Steven Powell, convicted in May 2012 of taking voyeuristic pictures of two neighbor girls, will be released from prison on Sunday after spending 30 months behind bars.

Powell, 63, has been incarcerated in the Monroe Correctional Complex in Washington. But he still faces 30 months of probation once he is released.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2014, 02:54:08 AM »

Well isn't that special 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: March 20, 2014, 10:01:24 AM »

I don't bet -- but if I did I would bet he doesn't make it through his probation.
30 months indeed!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: March 25, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/03/24/3113786/steven-powell-released-from-prison.html?sp=/99/289/&ihp=1

Steven Powell released from prison Sunday
March 24, 2014 Updated 24 hours ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Convicted voyeur Steven Powell has been released from prison and is registered to live at a Fife hotel.

Powell, 64, was released Sunday, said state Department of Corrections spokeswoman Norah West.

He has registered as a sex offender, giving his address as a hotel in the 3500 block of Pacific Highway East, Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said Monday. He’ll be required to wear a GPS locator for at least 30 days and attend sex offender treatment, West said.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: March 26, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/03/24/3113786/steven-powell-released-from-prison.html?sp=/99/289/&ihp=1

Steven Powell released from prison Sunday
March 24, 2014 Updated 24 hours ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Convicted voyeur Steven Powell has been released from prison and is registered to live at a Fife hotel.

Powell, 64, was released Sunday, said state Department of Corrections spokeswoman Norah West.

He has registered as a sex offender, giving his address as a hotel in the 3500 block of Pacific Highway East, Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said Monday. He’ll be required to wear a GPS locator for at least 30 days and attend sex offender treatment, West said.

wonder who is paying for his hotel?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2014, 07:19:43 AM »

sex offender treatment   Rolling Eyes what a joke that is

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: March 31, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »

sex offender treatment   Rolling Eyes what a joke that is

really -- a joke indeed!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: April 15, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/04/15/3150282/powell-family-goes-to-court-for.html?sp=/99/296/

Josh Powell's family members say they should get insurance payout
April 15, 2014 Updated 4 hours ago

Josh Powell’s heirs, who for more than four years argued his innocence in the disappearance of his wife, Susan, now suggest in a court filing they would be willing to try to prove she is dead if it helps them collect money from her life insurance policy.

While the filing doesn’t specify that the finger would be pointed at Josh Powell, lawyers for Susan Powell’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox of Puyallup, say that would be the only option.

“What else could they do?” Seattle attorney Anne Bremner asked. “If you’re going to prove it by clear and convincing evidence, which is the requirement, what do they have?”

Joshua Lee, a Utah attorney representing the Powells, said the filing does not necessarily mean what Bremner thinks and is an example of a lawyer trying to maintain options.

“I would imagine it has to do with simply the date (of Susan Powell’s death) and not the cause,” Lee said.

The Powells’ court filing was made by Tacoma attorney Tom J. West. At issue is $3.5 million in life insurance proceeds for Josh and Susan Powell and their two sons, Charlie, 7; and Braden, 5. A federal court case in Washington state and a state court case in Utah are aimed at determining who is eligible to collect

Meanwhile, Chuck Cox, in 2013, was made conservator of Susan Powell’s estate in Utah. It’s possible any life insurance proceeds would go to that estate.

The Powells are challenging Chuck Cox’s appointment as conservator. To remove Cox, Bremner said, they could try to prove Susan Powell died before Josh Powell’s death. The Powells then could contend they are the proper conservators and seek to inherit and manage Susan Powell’s estate.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »

I wonder what happened with the sale of the house?   

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593298/Court-orders-sale-of-Steven-Powell-house-to-pay-debt.html

Court orders sale of Steven Powell house to pay debt
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 31 2013 11:31 a.m. MST
Updated: yesterday

Powell, who is representing himself, filed a nine-page, handwritten motion Friday in Tacoma's Pierce County Superior Court requesting the civil suit against him be dismissed because he claims he was not properly notified of the court hearings, making the suit void.

Powell, who is currently incarcerated at the Monroe Correctional Complex in Washington and is scheduled to be released in March, recently wrote in court documents that he planned to resume living at his Puyallup home once he completed his sentence.

He said his daughter, Alina, and son John still live there, and if he were to lose his house, they would become "homeless."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865597402/Steven-Powell-to-be-released-March-23-still-fighting-to-save-house.html

Steven Powell to be released March 23, still fighting to save house
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 25 2014 5:55 p.m. MST
Updated: 2 hours ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Recently filed court documents in Washington state say Steven Powell will be released from prison March 23.

But as Powell prepares to leave incarceration, the battle over what will happen to his Puyallup, Wash., home continues.

He has been incarcerated in the Monroe Correctional Complex in Washington and will be placed on probation for 30 months once he is released.

According to a letter from the Washington Department of Corrections addressed to the mother on Feb. 10, Powell will be released on March 23 and plans to reside at 3606 E. J St. in Tacoma.

On Friday, a Pierce County Superior Court judge denied Powell's latest motion for the judge to reconsider her previous decision not to delay the sale of his house. This Friday, the judge is scheduled to hear arguments about whether Powell's property can be declared as "homestead."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:20 PM »

It seems that no final ruling has been made yet about the sale of the home.  These are the only articles that I could find.  Hope it's helpful.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865597402/Steven-Powell-to-be-released-March-23-still-fighting-to-save-house.html?pg=all
Published: Friday, Feb. 28 2014 5:40 p.m. MST
Updated: Friday, Feb. 28 2014 5:40 p.m. MST

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2480556/Voyeur-Steven-Powell-released-from-prison
Voyeur Steven Powell released from prison
on March 24, 2014 @ 10:06 am  (Updated: 10:41 am - 3/24/14 )   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »

It seems that no final ruling has been made yet about the sale of the home.  These are the only articles that I could find.  Hope it's helpful.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865597402/Steven-Powell-to-be-released-March-23-still-fighting-to-save-house.html?pg=all
Published: Friday, Feb. 28 2014 5:40 p.m. MST
Updated: Friday, Feb. 28 2014 5:40 p.m. MST

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2480556/Voyeur-Steven-Powell-released-from-prison
Voyeur Steven Powell released from prison
on March 24, 2014 @ 10:06 am  (Updated: 10:41 am - 3/24/14 )   

Thank you grace-land.  While I was reading the updates in this thread concerning the Powell's greedy attempts to obtain insurance money, I thought about Steve Powell's house.  I remembered the two siblings protested and said they would be homeless if the house were sold with funds going toward the judgement, but I couldn't recall seeing seeing a decision on the sale. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: April 21, 2014, 01:38:08 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/04/16/3151330/steven-powell-asks-state-to-pay.html

Steven Powell asks state to pay for treatment
April 16, 2014

Convicted voyeur Steven Powell wants the state to pick up the tab for his court-ordered sex offender treatment.

In a motion filed April 2 in Pierce County Superior Court, Powell — the father-in-law of presumed murder victim Susan Cox Powell — argues that the state Department of Corrections did not make sex offender treatment available to him while he was in prison as it should have.

He wants a judge to order the department to pay for his treatment now that he’s been released.

In a response filed Tuesday, John Samson, an assistant state attorney general who represents the Corrections Department, said Powell is wrong. He did not qualify for sex offender treatment while in prison, and corrections officials were within their discretion to deny it to him, Samson wrote.

“Powell fails to cite a single statute that mandates the department to provide him with sex offender treatment,” the assistant attorney general wrote. “Powell cannot cite such a statute because no such statute exists.”

Judge Ronald Culpepper is to hear arguments on the matter Friday.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: April 21, 2014, 01:41:11 PM »

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/04/judge-rejects-steven-powells-request-for-state-to-fund-treatment/

April 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Judge rejects Steven Powell’s request for state to fund treatment

TACOMA — A judge has rejected Steven Powell’s request to have taxpayers pay for his court-ordered sex offender treatment after a voyeurism conviction.

Pierce County Superior Court Judge Ronald Culpepper agreed Friday with the state Attorney General’s Office that Powell cited the wrong statute when he made his request.

The News Tribune reported that Powell conceded the point in court, saying he wasn’t able to go to a law library after he got out of prison. He was released late last month after serving 30 months for taking photographs of two young neighbor girls.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/04/judge-rejects-steven-powells-request-for-state-to-fund-treatment/

April 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Judge rejects Steven Powell’s request for state to fund treatment

TACOMA — A judge has rejected Steven Powell’s request to have taxpayers pay for his court-ordered sex offender treatment after a voyeurism conviction.

Pierce County Superior Court Judge Ronald Culpepper agreed Friday with the state Attorney General’s Office that Powell cited the wrong statute when he made his request.

The News Tribune reported that Powell conceded the point in court, saying he wasn’t able to go to a law library after he got out of prison. He was released late last month after serving 30 months for taking photographs of two young neighbor girls.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: April 30, 2014, 08:54:52 AM »

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: May 19, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »

Josh Powell starved one of his sons and may have POISONED his wife Susan with homemade smoothies before she vanished, friends claim in new book
By LYDIA WARREN
PUBLISHED: 10:52 EST, 19 May 2014 | UPDATED: 16:00 EST, 19 May 2014

Friends have spoken to the authors of a new book, out on Tuesday
They claim that Susan Powell, who vanished from her Utah home in December 2009, was under the control of her husband, Josh
They suggest she was poisoned by him 2 months before she disappeared because she felt sick and Josh often made her drinks
One of their sons was also diagnosed with malnutrition after Josh withheld food from him, saying he was 'just going to poop it out'
Susan's body has never been found and Josh killed himself and his sons in 2012 after attacking them with a hatchet and blowing up their home

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2632777/Cruel-Josh-Powell-starved-one-sons-possibly-poisoned-wife-Susan-vanished-friends-say-new-book.html

book is on sell 5/20/2014
If I Can't Have You:
Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children
by Gregg Olsen  (Author), Rebecca Morris
http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Have-You-Mysterious-Disappearance/dp/1250027144/ref=la_B000APG6AS_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384279124&sr=1-10

http://www.greggolsen.com/books.php

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.