March 28, 2024, 11:30:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #4 5/07/12 -  (Read 301489 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: July 08, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »

I don't really believe Chuck Cox thinks Susan will be found now, especially in light of the murders of his two grand sons by Josh Powell.  I don't believe he's trying to "line his own pockets" as much as he's trying to keep the money from Terrica and Aline and I don't blame him a bit.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: July 09, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

Muffy 

I agree!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »

http://**/sltrib/news/58175131-78/powell-steve-bankruptcy-font.html.csp

Steve Powell declares bankruptcy
The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Jul 11 2014 05:51 pm • Last Updated Jul 12 2014 10:29 pm    

Steve Powell, whose daughter-in-law disappeared in Utah in 2009, has declared bankruptcy.

Powell filed his bankruptcy petition June 19 in federal court in Tacoma, Wash. He lists $289,947 in assets and $2.1 million in liabilities.

Those liabilities include a $1.8 million judgment against Powell for photographing two neighbor girls in various states of undress. To satisfy the judgment, payable to the girls’ mother, the Pierce County, Wash., Sheriff’s Department auctioned Powell’s house in Puyallup.

However, Powell listed the $270,000 house as an asset and says in his bankruptcy papers he believes the auction and the judgment are "void."

Powell also says in the papers that he may have a claim for damages against the sheriff, the West Valley City Police Department, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #523 on: July 19, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »

I don't really believe Chuck Cox thinks Susan will be found now, especially in light of the murders of his two grand sons by Josh Powell.  I don't believe he's trying to "line his own pockets" as much as he's trying to keep the money from Terrica and Aline and I don't blame him a bit.  JMHO

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: July 19, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »

http://**/sltrib/news/58175131-78/powell-steve-bankruptcy-font.html.csp

Steve Powell declares bankruptcy
The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Jul 11 2014 05:51 pm • Last Updated Jul 12 2014 10:29 pm    

Steve Powell, whose daughter-in-law disappeared in Utah in 2009, has declared bankruptcy.

Powell filed his bankruptcy petition June 19 in federal court in Tacoma, Wash. He lists $289,947 in assets and $2.1 million in liabilities.

Those liabilities include a $1.8 million judgment against Powell for photographing two neighbor girls in various states of undress. To satisfy the judgment, payable to the girls’ mother, the Pierce County, Wash., Sheriff’s Department auctioned Powell’s house in Puyallup.

However, Powell listed the $270,000 house as an asset and says in his bankruptcy papers he believes the auction and the judgment are "void."

Powell also says in the papers that he may have a claim for damages against the sheriff, the West Valley City Police Department, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies.

Steve Powell has a deranged mind and he can believe the auction and judgement are "void" all he wants.  I researched "filing bankuptcy petition with false information state of washington" since he listed the house as an asset in his filing.  Perjury?

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/objections-the-bankruptcy-discharge.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:31 AM »

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024321633_powellhearingxml.html

Originally published August 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM | Page modified August 16, 2014 at 2:01 AM 
Wrongful-death suit involving Powell children to go forward

A Pierce County judge on Friday refused to dismiss a wrongful-death lawsuit brought against the state Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) by the maternal grandparents of Charlie and Braden Powell.

An attorney for the state argued that the case should be thrown out before trial, saying that Chuck and Judy Cox’s claims were without merit.

But Superior Court Judge Jerry Costello agreed with attorneys for the Coxes that the case should go to a jury.

“The Cox family will have their day in court,” Costello said in denying the state’s motion for summary judgment.

Costello did not rule on the merits of either argument. He simply decided those questions should be put to a jury.

The case is scheduled to go to trial next month.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Judge-sides-with-missing-mom-s-parents-in-dispute-5731799.php
Judge sides with missing mom's parents in dispute
September 3, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah judge has sided with the parents of missing mother Susan Powell, ruling that her father was within his bounds to cut out Josh Powell's mother and sister out from a trust that has $2 million in life-insurance proceeds.

Third District Judge L.A. Dever issued the ruling Wednesday, nearly two months after he heard arguments about the case.

The money is set to flow into a trust, created by Susan Powell and her husband, Josh Powell, this December when she is presumed legally dead — five years after her disappearance.

Charles Cox, designated as conservator of the trust, made the amendments last year.

The Powell's attorney argued that the proceeds should be split evenly between the two families as originally set up.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »

This article has more information:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865610163/Susan-Powells-father-wins-life-insurance-legal-battle-but-is-scolded-in-process.html?pg=all
Susan Powell's father wins life insurance legal battle but is scolded in process
September 3, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY — A 3rd District judge has ruled in favor of Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, in his fight over conservatorship of his daughter's life insurance money.

Judge L.A. Dever on Wednesday denied a request by Terrica and Alina Powell, Josh Powell's mother and sister, to void Cox's declaration making him the sole beneficiary of a trust Josh and Susan Powell set up, effectively cutting out Terrica and Alina Powell as beneficiaries of $2.3 million in life insurance proceeds.

Susan Powell is presumed to have been murdered by her husband, Josh Powell. Her body, however, has never been found. Josh Powell later killed himself and the couple's two young sons.

But Dever also found several faults with Cox's legal arguments and seemed to indicate in his ruling that the reason he was ruling in his favor is because the Powells simply waited too long to file their appeal.

Dever found fault with Cox's argument that his daughter was legally "incapacitated" because he did not provide required proof of her incapacity.

"The court is not persuaded by Cox's argument," the judge wrote in his decision. "Cox fails to provide any legal basis that the language he used in his Motion for Order somehow infers a finding of incapacity in the order."

The judge said Cox misconstrued Utah law as it applies to conservatorship and scolded him for failing "to provide any legitimate argument" for why he was not required to follow the requirements of the trust.

"Cox was appointed conservator of Susan's estate because of a qualifying event, i.e., her disappearance," the judge wrote.

One of the key issues in the case was when Susan Powell, who has been missing from her West Valley home since 2009, would be declared legally dead.

"It is undisputed that pursuant to the laws of this state that Susan is not dead and therefore, is deemed the 'surviving grantor,'" Dever stated in his ruling.

Under state law, a person must be missing a minimum of five years in order to be declared legally dead. Powell disappeared on Dec. 6, 2009.

Nevertheless, the judge said he could not overlook the fact that Cox was granted conservatorship over his daughter's estate by another judge in January of 2013, as well as "the fact that the Powells did not file any objection or motion" until September of that year.

Thus, Cox had the power under the January 2013 ruling to amend the trust as he saw fit, and because Dever said he was not asked to rule on the validity of that ruling, he denied the Powells' request.

More...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: September 03, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Judge-sides-with-missing-mom-s-parents-in-dispute-5731799.php
Judge sides with missing mom's parents in dispute
September 3, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah judge has sided with the parents of missing mother Susan Powell, ruling that her father was within his bounds to cut out Josh Powell's mother and sister out from a trust that has $2 million in life-insurance proceeds.

Third District Judge L.A. Dever issued the ruling Wednesday, nearly two months after he heard arguments about the case.

The money is set to flow into a trust, created by Susan Powell and her husband, Josh Powell, this December when she is presumed legally dead — five years after her disappearance.

Charles Cox, designated as conservator of the trust, made the amendments last year.

The Powell's attorney argued that the proceeds should be split evenly between the two families as originally set up.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »

It will be interesting to see what happens with the appeal by the Powell siblings. Their brothers has been questioned regarding Susan's disappearance and now they want to profit from it.   

http://q13fox.com/2014/09/03/utah-judge-sides-with-susan-powells-parents-in-2-3-million-estate-fight/

Utah judge sides with Susan Powell’s parents in $2.3 million estate fight
Posted 5:05 PM, September 3, 2014

The ruling by Utah 3rd District Court Judge L.A. Dever means the mother and sister of Josh Powell will be unable to receive the assets in Josh and Susan Powell’s trust when Susan is declared dead.

The trust includes $2.3 million in life insurance awards and the couple’s home in West Valley City, Utah.

The Salt Lake Tribune said Terrica and Alina Powell — Josh Powell’s mom and sister — are likely to appeal the ruling.

According to the newspaper, the judge said Susan’s father, Chuck Cox, should have never been put in charge of the estate in January 2013 and that he did not have authority to remove the Powell family as beneficiaries. However, Dever said the Powell family had 30 days to challenge his appointment and they did not challenge it in time.

Susan Cox Powell was last seen Dec. 6, 2009, at her West Valley City, Utah, home. Her husband Josh was the only person of interest in her disappearance; he killed their two children and himself on Feb. 5, 2012, at their home in Graham, Wash.

The newspaper said Susan Powell will probably be declared dead in December, as Utah law allows for a person to be declared dead five years after anyone last saw the person alive.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2014, 07:10:17 AM »

The mother and sister deserve what they get . . . nothing!

Greedy people.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:19 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Mysterious-events-force-Utah-family-out-of-former-Powell-home-274124781.html

Last Updated: Sep 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM PDT

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The family who is currently renting the home formerly owned by Josh and Susan Powell says they have moved out.

Joanna Aeosana says since she and her family moved in two months ago numerous mysterious events have occurred inside the house. She says the company who leased the house to her never told her about the history of the home.

In 2009, Susan Cox Powell disappeared from the home and was never seen again. Her husband Josh Powell was the only person of interest in the case, but later ended up killing himself and the couples' two sons in a house fire in Graham, Wash.

Aeosana says she was unaware of the story of the Powells and says almost from the moment her family moved in, strange things have been happening.

"I hear people crying when I'm showering," she told KUTV News.

Aeosana also says the garage door opens and closes on its own and she sometimes feels like someone is watching her.

Most recently, she said her 1-year-old son was talking to an empty swing in the front yard of the home saying, "Go away, leave me alone."

Aoesana says she didn't know about the history of the home until a neighbor told her.

In the past few days, she and her family have moved out and are asking that the company who leased out the home, American Homes 4 Rent, help them find a different home, or allow them to get out of the lease. The home is being held in a trust as the details of the estate are being worked out.

Real estate agents are not required to disclose the personal history of the home in Utah, but Aeosana says they should have a moral or ethical obligation to do so, especially in the case of the Powell home.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #532 on: September 05, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »

The mother and sister deserve what they get . . . nothing!

Greedy people.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »

http://www.ktsm.com/news/renters-former-powell-home-say-it-haunted

Renters at former Powell home say it is haunted

POSTED: Sunday, September 7, 2014 - 11:26am

UPDATED: Monday, September 8, 2014 - 8:52am

Salt Lake City, UT (KUTV) — Click here for updates on this story

The family currently renting the home formerly owned by Josh and Susan Powell says they have moved out.

Joanna Aeosana says since she and her family moved in two months ago numerous mysterious events have occurred inside the home. She says the company who leased the house to her never shared the history of the home.

In 2009, Susan Cox Powell disappeared from the home and was never seen again. Her husband, Josh Powell, was the only person of interest in the case. He later ended up killing himself and the couple's two sons in a house fire in Washington State.

Aeosana says she was unaware of the Powells' story and says, almost from the moment her family moved in, strange things have been happening.

"I hear people crying when I'm showering," she told 2News.

Aeosana also says the garage door opens and closes on its own. Most recently, she said her 1-year-old son was talking to an empty swing in the front yard and saying, "Go away, leave me alone."

Real estate agents are not required to disclose the personal history of the home, but Aeosana says they should have a moral or ethical obligation to do so.

"I believe they should have told me," said Aoesana. "I just don't want to be in there."

American Homes 4 Rent did not return calls from 2News.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: September 08, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »

So sorry, just noticed that article had already been posted!  I thought it was news!

Embarassed

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2014, 04:21:35 AM »

No biggy

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: September 16, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »

http://fox13now.com/2014/09/16/josh-powells-family-appeals-estate-battle-to-utah-supreme-court/

Josh Powell’s family appeals estate battle to Utah Supreme Court
Posted 10:49 am, September 16, 2014, by Ben Winslow, Updated at 11:01am, September 16, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY — The family of Josh Powell is appealing to the Utah Supreme Court in a multi-million dollar battle over the estate of missing mom Susan Cox Powell.

In a notice filed with the state’s top court and obtained by FOX 13, Josh Powell’s mother, Terrica, and sister, Alina, say they are appealing a judge’s ruling that gave control of Susan Cox Powell’s affairs to her father, Chuck Cox.

Read the notice of appeal here:

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: September 16, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »

http://fox13now.com/2014/09/16/josh-powells-family-appeals-estate-battle-to-utah-supreme-court/

Josh Powell’s family appeals estate battle to Utah Supreme Court
Posted 10:49 am, September 16, 2014, by Ben Winslow, Updated at 11:01am, September 16, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY — The family of Josh Powell is appealing to the Utah Supreme Court in a multi-million dollar battle over the estate of missing mom Susan Cox Powell.

In a notice filed with the state’s top court and obtained by FOX 13, Josh Powell’s mother, Terrica, and sister, Alina, say they are appealing a judge’s ruling that gave control of Susan Cox Powell’s affairs to her father, Chuck Cox.

Read the notice of appeal here:

I figured it wouldn't be long before Terrica and Alina appealed the judge's ruling.   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: September 26, 2014, 02:35:21 AM »

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: October 01, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/09/24/Wrongful-death-trial-for-Susan-Cox-Powells-children-delayed/2961411605582/

Wrongful death trial for Susan Cox Powell's children delayed
Sept. 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM  |  Updated Sept. 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM

TACOMA, Wash., Sept. 24 (UPI) -- The trial for a wrongful death lawsuit against the state of Washington for the deaths of Susan Cox Powell's two children was delayed.

Chuck and Judy Cox, the parents of Cox Powell, filed the lawsuit against the Washington state Department of Social and Health Services, accusing the agency of not doing enough to protect their grandchildren, Charlie Powell, 7, and Braden Powell, 5.

The trial was set to begin Monday in Pierce County, Wash. It was delayed, though the rescheduled date wasn't reported.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.