March 28, 2024, 12:15:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476435 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »

May 8, 2012 6:55pm
Joran Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer Says U.S. Extradition Inevitable

ABC News’ Joe Goldman in Lima, Peru, reports:

The extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. on charges of wire fraud and extortion in connection with the death of Natalee Holloway will likely take place this summer, his lawyer told ABC News today.

“The power of the United States will assure that Joran has to face a U.S. judge and I think the extradition will happen probably in two or three months,” Maximo Altez  said in an exclusve interview with ABC News.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-says-u-s-extradition-inevitable/

www.cafepress.com/justicetrain

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »

7 years.  Who would have thought?  No justice for Natalee yet but at least he is in prison and there is hope he'll be forced to visit Birmingham.

Happy 7th anniversary monkey friends. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »

7 years.  Who would have thought?  No justice for Natalee yet but at least he is in prison and there is hope he'll be forced to visit Birmingham.

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Aruba Investigators 'Not Following Up on Any Leads'
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY: And Greta, I was just wanting to say that, you know, like I said, it's been a long time, but it's never too late for justice. And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

<snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »

1.  No ambulance available?
2.  50k inhabitants?  I thought it was 90k?  Did 40k leave? 

I think they were saying that there were only 2 ambulances when there were only 50,000 inhabitants; and since that has (tripled?) the minister should wake up and realize that they need to increase that number to save lives; or are the lives not worth it?

in time cu aruba was have 50000 inhabitant cu 2 post of ambulance, while aruba owing to casi triplifica in the cantidad of person. minister "wake up" y aggrandize the cantidad of ambulance at keep because so only can save life of person. or life of person not be worth?.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »

There's still HOPE for some justice!    ::justice2NJ::

Happy anniversary to you too Frijole!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2012, 11:26:52 PM »

Seven years ? I am surprised ! Thanks for putting my blinkie kitty there !
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:14 AM »

Thanks, Frijole.  What an unhappy event that brought us all together.  But together we stand side by side, warts and all (sorry Kermit).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »

::justice2NJ::

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

Please light a candle remembering Natalee and her family's quest for answers.  Since two were created, you may use one or both.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=NAH

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nat%27s

::justice2NJ::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »

I just realized I have had the same bumper sticker on my car for almost 7 years.  It just says "Find Natalee." and says Aruba with a red cross slash through it.   I have never had a sticker on my car before, but if I have made one person aware of the circumstances, then it was worth it.  I have had many ask me what it is about.   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »

I just realized I have had the same bumper sticker on my car for almost 7 years.  It just says "Find Natalee." and says Aruba with a red cross slash through it.   I have never had a sticker on my car before, but if I have made one person aware of the circumstances, then it was worth it.  I have had many ask me what it is about.   

Hi AZSunny!

I still have two rubber Natalee bracelets.  I have not worn them in years but they are precious nevertheless.  About three years ago my then 7 year old grandaughter was rummaging through my jewelry box.  She dropped one of the bracelets and ... our golden retriever Brandi who was lying next to the table must have thought it was people food.  Lickity split she had swallowed it.  Momentarily I was inwardly angry at both of them.

Janet

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »

I still have my Natalee bracelet and a monkey mug from way back, although they are packed in storage until (IF) I ever get out on my own again. Sad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »

1.  No ambulance available?
2.  50k inhabitants?  I thought it was 90k?  Did 40k leave? 

I think they were saying that there were only 2 ambulances when there were only 50,000 inhabitants; and since that has (tripled?) the minister should wake up and realize that they need to increase that number to save lives; or are the lives not worth it?

in time cu aruba was have 50000 inhabitant cu 2 post of ambulance, while aruba owing to casi triplifica in the cantidad of person. minister "wake up" y aggrandize the cantidad of ambulance at keep because so only can save life of person. or life of person not be worth?.

They only need two. One is for pictures on pamphlets and the other is for driving to get take out food!

Hey Mericano, I'd really like to save you... but first things first: HOW MUCH MONEY YOU GOT? - Dennis Jacobs aka Frosted Flake

Rooba is still Rooba.

The players change - the logo gets redesigned - the awards and ribbons have the new year stamped on them...

...but the song remains the same! We got their number.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »

Memorial Day - May 30, 2005

THE PROVERBIAL DREADED PHONE CALL

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 23:
  Rested and refreshed, we leave Memphis late Monday morning with Linda driving and Marilyn up front with her.  I take the backseat.  We sail along, chatting like we alway do, talking about our plans for another road trip one day soon.  Marilyn and I are happily speculating about what our daughters' reactions will be when they open their presents to find a set of extraordinary Wizard of Oz figures.  Natalee will gasp with excitement when she sees these.  Before we know it, we've crossed over into Mississippi.  Somewhere amid our conversation, between the chuckles and the small talk, my cell phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but answer it anyway, which I usually don't do.

It's a young girl.  "Mrs. Twitty?  My mom ... umm ... my mom, she umm ... wants to talk to you."  It's the daughter of Judi, the travel agent.  She developed appendicitis right before the trip, so she and Jodi didn't get to go to Aruba.  They are in Birmingham.  It seems like an eternity before Jodi takes the phone.

"Tell me what's going on," I say in a voice much firmer than the one I usually hear coming from my mouth.

She simply says, "Natalee didn't show up this morning to get on the plane."

And instantly I know.  It's more than a mother's intuition.  It's certainty.  Something terrible has happened.  I have just answered the proverbial dreaded phone call that no mother or father every wants to receive.  The one we fear from the moment our children are born.  The one that changes a parent's life forever.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »

THE LONGEST HOUR OF MY LIFE

Loving Natalee

Excerpts

Page 30 – 31:  We screech to a halt in front of the house and run inside, when I learn friends have secured a private plane.  We need to get to the airport in an hour.  In the bedroom I put a few things in a bag.

People are gathering at the house, but I don’t really notice.  I go into the kitchen and sit on the floor in a corner.  My back is against the glass French doors that lead out to a wooden deck, knees pulled up to my chest.  Macy the dog is right beside me.  She knows something is wrong.  I’m aware that people are staring at me, but unaware how focused I realy am on thinking about what to do.  Now that I don’t have the driving to concentrate on, it’s apparent that I’m in a very unique and unfamiliar state, a very trancelike, deep-thinking zone.  I’m all by myself, but not alone.

Tears roll slowly down my cheeks.  I sit in silence.  Praying.  Praying.  The sounds around me are like the “white noise” on those machines some people use to help them sleep.  I don’t talk.  The others discuss who will accompany me on the plane.  Waiting to go to the airport is the longest hour of my life.

On the way out the front door I grab Natalee’s beautiful senior portrait from the small sideboard in the foyer and reach over and take the one of her in her dance-team uniform off a table in the living room.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »

"HELLISH" IS THE ONLY WORD THAT COMES TO MIND

Loving Natalee

Excerpts

Page 31 - 35:  Clutching both portraits, Jug and I drive to the private hangar at the far side of the Birmingham airport.

Having this transportation made available to us so that we can get to the island so quickly is a blessing and a godsend.  If not for this extraordinarily generous gesture, we would have to wait until tomorrow to leave for Aruba.

I have never been on a private plane before.  As we approach the aircraft and walk up the few steps on the ladder and into the cabin I don’t even notice if it’s pretty or special or anything.  I go straight to the back and take a seat away from everyone else.  I don’t want to talk.  Have to think.

No one says much at all on the four-hour flight.

A small radar at the front of the plane shows we’re passing the Bahamas.  Passing Haiti.  The Dominican Republic.  Finally we inch toward a landmass that looks as it it could be the island.  Aruba looks very tiny.  We can do this, I think.  But first we have to find the right authorities.  How hard can that be?

My thoughts begin rushing uncontrollably.  Guilt, second-guessing the decision to let her go on this trip, horror at the thought of where she is and what is happening to her, fear, regret for not adhering to my apprehensions.  These emotions consume me all at once.  It’s frightening.  And paralyzing.  A parent just knows when something is wrong.

What has happened?  My thoughts are unclear, jumbled.  I’m on the edge of panic.  “Take some breaths,” I tell myself.  Mustering my strength, I suck it up and regain mental control.

It’s around eleven o’clock on Memorial Monday night when the island comes into full view.  I’m shocked by its land size.  I had imagined a small exotic island with a few tiki huts bordered by beautifu beaches.  I really don’t know anything about the place of what to expect.  It looks and feels like we’re approaching Atlanta at night.  How will we find Natalee down there?  It's much bigger than what I envisioned.  Overwhelmed and discouraged, again I must quickly refocus.  All the while holding on very tightly to her portraits.

We land, and the door opens.  The heat and the humidity hit me hard in the face even at this hour.  Like opening the oven door and getting that big hot blast.  The wind is whipping.  My hair is all over the place.  I can hardly see the steps to go down.  I soon learn this is how it always is here: very hot and very windy.  “Hellish” is the only word that comes to mind

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »

I FEARED THE WORST BUT PRAYED FOR A MIRACLE

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
By Dave Holloway

Excerpts

Page 6:
  On Monday, May 30, Natalee's trip came to an end, and she was due to fly home to Alabama.  But late in the afternoon, I received a call from Matt telling me that Natalee had missed her flight and that Beth was getting on a plane to Aruba.

Page 7:  Beth had flown out of Birmingham on a friend's private jet as soon as she learned that Natalee had missed her flight.  I contacted a commerical airline and booked the next flight out for 5:30 a.m. the following morning.

Later that night, Matt called again to tell me that Natalee's flight had been rebooked, and she would be coming home the next day.  Someone from Delta Airlines had confirmed that a female had called and changed the flight.

I cancelled my flight, but I was still concerned because no one had heard from Natalee.

The next morning, I started making more calls.  I could not reach Beth, and I was unable to get a member of the Aruban police force to talk to me on the phone about Natalee.

By noon I learned that Natalee was not getting on the plane.  I found out that it had been a chaperone from Natalee's group who had changed her flight in the hopes that she would reappear.  It was then that I knew something tragic must have happened.  I feared the worst, but prayed for a miracle.  I hung up the phone and broke down .....

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »

Carpe - Scared Monkeys

Freebird

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?

Lynyrd Skynyrd

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »

I use to write "Boycott Aruba" and "Justice for Natalee Holloway" on all my (dollar) bills.  I wonder if any are still in circulation.

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.