March 28, 2024, 09:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476415 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »

Medical mystery tour brings (Beth) Holloway to Okoboji
Saturday, June 11, 2011

<snipped>

"For me, I have a perpetrator in prison, so I can't ask for anything more right now," Beth Holloway said. "That's where he belongs and now I'm able to focus and move onward in the help that I can do for others who have missing loved ones -- maybe they don't have recovery of their loved one's remains or they don't have a perpetrator in prison, so my hope is to shed enough light and to help them."

<snipped>

http://www.spencerdailyreporter.com/story/1735599.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »

http://news.visitaruba.com/news/expo-at-the-westin-art-gallery-ahead-of-2012-aruba-wine-food-and-art-festival/

Expo At The Westin Art Gallery Ahead Of 2012 Aruba Wine, Food And Art Festival

Published on: May 27, 2012

By: Carib Media

courtesy of: The Morning News
By Rosalie Klein

The bi-annual Aruba Wine, Food & Art Festival hosted by the Westin Resort in Palm Beach is rapidly approaching at the beginning of June and art aficionados can enjoy a preview of this year’s collection of art, now on display at the Westin Art Gallery until July.

The group exhibit of 25 works by 24 artists approach the theme of the festival, a celebration of the senses, from some very unique vantage points; many are homage to fine wine or food, others, like Margriet Blanken’s abstract piece, or Nigel Matthew’s “Aftermath,” leave it entirely up to the imagination of the viewer.

The gala opening on Saturday evening, May 19, attracted a diverse audience appreciative of art and culture, the exhibit curators Eduardo Valbuena and Michiko Takatsu expressed their satisfaction with this year’s collection of works, with some new names joining the roster.

Other exhibiting artists include: Adolfo Valbuena, Agaath van Vliet, Anita Hugen, Anita Seuren, Annemiek van Vliet, Carole Habibe, Deisy Gutierrez, Desiree Rep-Sporkslede, Edith Creutzberg de Haak, Edmond Tujeehut, Elvis Tromp, Frank Croes, hendrik Shouten, Irene Peterson, Joseph Miklojcik, Maria Teresa Martinez, Mavalda Tromp, Michiko Takatsu, Mirella Koolman, Miriam de L’Isle, Pablo Portugal and Timothy Charles.

::snipping2::

https://www.facebook.com/artloversaruba

Art Lovers Aruba
Yesterday
Untitled Album (21 photos)
Images of the Pre-opening Wine, Food and Art Exhibition 2012. The Opening of the Current Wine, Food and Art Festival will be tonight, Friday, June 1, 2012

(Anita is third from left)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2012, 04:31:15 PM »

http://news.visitaruba.com/news/expo-at-the-westin-art-gallery-ahead-of-2012-aruba-wine-food-and-art-festival/

Expo At The Westin Art Gallery Ahead Of 2012 Aruba Wine, Food And Art Festival

Published on: May 27, 2012

Other exhibiting artists include: Adolfo Valbuena, Agaath van Vliet, Anita Hugen, Anita Seuren, Annemiek van Vliet, Carole Habibe, Deisy Gutierrez, Desiree Rep-Sporkslede, Edith Creutzberg de Haak, Edmond Tujeehut, Elvis Tromp, Frank Croes, hendrik Shouten, Irene Peterson, Joseph Miklojcik, Maria Teresa Martinez, Mavalda Tromp, Michiko Takatsu, Mirella Koolman, Miriam de L’Isle, Pablo Portugal and Timothy Charles.

https://www.facebook.com/artloversaruba

Art Lovers Aruba
Yesterday
Untitled Album (21 photos)
Images of the Pre-opening Wine, Food and Art Exhibition 2012. The Opening of the Current Wine, Food and Art Festival will be tonight, Friday, June 1, 2012

(Anita is third from left)

Not so surprising.

Aruba has always shown its poor taste and worse decision making skills!

Challapalca him!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »

Peru’s Supreme Court OK’s Joran Vander Sloot’s Extradition to US for Extortion in Connection with the Death of Natalee Holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/06/02/perus-supreme-court-oks-joran-vander-sloots-extradition-to-us-for-extortion-in-connection-with-the-death-of-natalee-holloway/

Joran Van der Sloot is back in the news …

Peru’s Supreme Court has ok’d Joran Van der Sloot’s  extradition to the United States to face extortion charges in connection with the death of Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005 by attempting to extort Beth Holloway. It was long suspected that Peru’s court would approve the extradition.  Peru’s top court stipulated, however, that Joran Van der Sloot can only be extradited to the United States after serving his sentence. The Little Dutch boy is presently serving a 28 year sentence in prison in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »

Peru’s top court OKs Joran extradition to US

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/peru%E2%80%99s-top-court-oks-joran-extradition-us

Joran van der Sloot may, in due course, be extradited to the United States, Peru’s Supreme Court has ruled

Peru’s Supreme Court stipulated, however, that Mr Van der Sloot can only be extradited to the United States after serving his sentence. Peru’s government has yet to make a decision on the matter.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »

Peru’s top court OKs Joran extradition to US

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/peru%E2%80%99s-top-court-oks-joran-extradition-us

Joran van der Sloot may, in due course, be extradited to the United States, Peru’s Supreme Court has ruled

Peru’s Supreme Court stipulated, however, that Mr Van der Sloot can only be extradited to the United States after serving his sentence. Peru’s government has yet to make a decision on the matter.

All hope is not lost that it will take 28 years for Joran to face extortion charges in the States.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »

We will have to wait and see what arrangements are made for Joran's trial in the U.S.  Of course it is not practical to wait 28 years to try him and I am sure this sort of thing has been done in the past satisfactorily.  Remember we are only getting a reporters version of the ruling and not anything official.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »

I think this may be the report that the other articles are based on.  If something wasn't "lost in translation", it seems to me that the possibility of Joran's extradition after his appeal is completed is still a possibility.  JMO

http://www.americatv.com.pe/portal/noticias/actualidad/aprueban-solicitud-de-extradicci-n-de-joran-van-der-sloot-estados-unidos

Google translation

Approve request for extradition of Joran Van der Sloot to the U.S.
Friday, June 1, 2012

Joran Van der Sloot, sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephanie Flores , will be extradited to the USA, after the Supreme Board approve the request by the Federal Court of Alabama . However, the transfer could take place when the process culminates in Peru or turns his entire sentence.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:20 PM »

Don't worry folks -- this was NOT a  ::CowboySmiley::victory for Joran.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2012, 12:24:03 AM »

Don't worry folks -- this was NOT a  ::CowboySmiley::victory for Joran.

Agreed, Wreck. I think Joran is fresh out of "victories" ever again.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2012, 04:13:14 AM »

The U.S. wants to get ahold of him and charge him with Holloway's murder," said Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-us-extradition_n_1503871.html

MOORDENAAR -DUTCH translation means MURDERER!!

Joran: "Things seem to be going even better than I hoped."
http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=8

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2012, 04:16:17 AM »

Dos Leprechauns might be comn to America sooner then they think.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »

Memorial Day - May 30, 2005

Hope Comes and Then Goes

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Excerpts

Page 36:  Hope comes, then goes.  But it's the constant waiting for the next wave to roll in, and reaching for each new sign of hope that will keep us going, as it brings with it the energy and encouragement needed to presson in our search for Natalee, even if only for a few moments at a time.

Perus top court OKs Joran extradition to US
02/06/2012

Joran van der Sloot may, in due course, be extradited to the United States, Peru’s Supreme Court has ruled.

Mr Van der Sloot is currently serving a 28-year prison sentence in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores, though an appeal against the ruling is still pending. He is wanted in the United States in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, who went missing in Aruba in 2005, and alleged attempts by the Dutchman to extort her mother.

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/dutch-news/perus-top-court-oks-joran-extradition-to-us_231431.html

Several hurdles left to clear before US case begins against convicted murderer Joran van der Sloot
Published May 08, 2012

Joran van der Sloot may eventually face trial in the US on fraud and extortion charges, but there are still a number of hurdles to clear before the 24-year-old Dutchman serves any time in a US jail.

<snipped>

He is currently appealing his murder conviction in Peru. Only after the appeal is decided will possible extradition to the US be considered. In Peru the request would go first to the Supreme Court, then to the Council of Ministers for a final decision.

If extradition for the wire fraud charges were approved, van der Sloot could face trial in Alabama. Peruvian officials say he would then be returned to Peru to continue serving out his murder sentence. He could serve time in a US jail, according to Peru’s Justice Minister, only after he completed serving his sentence in Peru.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/08/van-der-sloot-could-face-us-jail-time-on-fraud-and-extortion-charges/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2012, 10:22:20 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot to Fight US Extradition from Peru
Published May 09, 2012

The prime suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, Joran Van der Sloot, told a judge on Tuesday that he will fight extradition from Peru to the United States, where he faces extortion and wire fraud charges in connection with Holloway's disappearance.

Judge Zenaida Vilca informed Van der Sloot of the U.S. extradition request during a closed door meeting at Piedras Gordas prison just north of Lima. The 24-year-old Dutchman told the judge he would fight extradition, his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

<snipped>

In an interview with ABC news, Altez stated his belief that in the end Van der Sloot will lose his fight to stay in Peru.

“The power of the United States will assure that Joran has to face a U.S. judge and I think the extradition will happen probably in two or three months,” he said

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-to-fight-us-extradition/

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »

Good thing her injuries were not life threatening!   

http://arubaherald.com/911/2579-tourist-injured-at-natural-pool.html

Tourist injured at Natural Pool         
Sunday, 27 May 2012 17:53

Saturday afternoon, while a couple was admiring the scenery at the Natural Pool (Cura di Turtuga or Conchi), the rough waters pushed the woman from the rocks. She suffered a bad cut and scratches to her body. The helicopter was not available and she had to be transported by SUV to Shete where paramedics were waiting to take her to the hospital.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

So if I have this correct in my head, Joran will be extradited to AL to be tried on federal charges of some sort. When he is convicted he will have to return to Peru to serve the entire 28 years rather than the shortened version.  If he is still alive he will then return to the US and enter a federal prison (Leavenworth would be good unless there is somewhere worse by then) where he should spend the rest of his existence.  My concern is that if he somehow escapes a life, or death, sentence here the US judge will allow his time served in Peru to count towards time served here.  Or even run the US sentence concurrently rather than consecutively.  Surely that can't and won't happen, he deserves so much worse than he will ever possibly get from the justice system.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

Truth or Deception?

Janet

+++++

Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer: ‘It’s A Waste Of Money To Extradite Joran To The U.S.’Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer: ‘It’s A Waste Of Money To Extradite Joran To The U.S.’
Posted on May 10, 2012 @ 11:00PM

After Joran van der Sloot appeared in a Peruvian court Tuesday to fight an extradition order that could send him back to the U.S. to face new charges, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting that his attorney believes it is a waste of tax-payers’ money to have him stand trial in America.

“This week I am going to present a motion with the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights on behalf of Joran van der Sloot to halt the extradition of him from Peru to the U.S.,” explained one of attorneys Aldo Cotrina. “I believe it will be successful because our claims against Peru for human rights violation are strong.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the Dutchman, who confessed to the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in May 2010, appeared before a judge and prosecutor and stated that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence there, rather than travel to America to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud charges in connection with the mysterious disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

<snipped>

“He is trying to avoid extra prison time,” said Cotrina, who explained that the Supreme Court in Peru still has to make a decision about his murder conviction and Joran wants to be in the country to appeal that ruling.

The longer the confessed killer and his legal team can drag the procedure out, the more chance he has of avoiding being deported at all, as the statute of limitations for the fraud charge which was filed in 2010 is three years.

In June 2010, a federal grand jury in Alabama indicted van der Sloot on charges that he tried to extort $250,000 from Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway. Van der Sloot offered to provide what turned out to be bogus information about the whereabouts of Holloway's remains in exchange for the money, according to the indictment.

<snipped>

“They want to bring him over as soon as possible, before the statute of limitation has passed. We just have to delay it for a year then they can’t charge him,” revealed his attorney.

While many hope that once van der Sloot is in the country, he will ultimately be charged with the murder of the Alabama teen (he was arrested twice during the original investigation but never charged), Cotrina claims that will not happen because of a document signed between the U.S. and Peru in 2002 regarding the extradition of any individual between the two countries.

“America has to take into consideration that they can only charge with him with what is stated on the order. They can’t add any additional charges afterwards,” he revealed.

<snipped>

He can only be charged with wire fraud extortion, not with murder,” he told RadarOnline.com.

“The other issue is that wire fraud and extortion in Peru are considered ‘a violation,’ with a maximum sentence of one year. The U.S. has to sentence him according to Peruvian law because of the extradition agreement."

Ultimately, “The U.S. is going to spend a lot of money to get him there for nothing!” Claimed Cotrina, who is traveling from Lima to Washington DC to file the legal motion against Joran’s transportation on May 18.

“People assume once he is on American soil they can charge him with murder, but we are going to be sure that the U.S. has to respect the extradition agreement and make sure that doesn't happen.”

The 24-year-old Dutchman is currently being held in Peru’s maximum security prison Piedras Gordas but hoping to return to the relative luxury of Castro Castro.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-lawyer-waste-money

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »

"intentionally, negligently, wantonly...unlawfully conducting themselves" in a way that brought about fatal injuries

http://www.eonline.com/news/ex-holloway_suspects_sue_dr_phil/53983#ixzz1wm5GDTFv
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »

Truth or Deception?

Janet

+++++

I'd say more like attorney's desperation is all that is. Just cuz he says it doesn't make it so. We are dealing with
THE USA now - a whole different ballgame.

Count on it!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:09:14 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.