March 28, 2024, 08:49:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476410 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »

The U.S. wants to get ahold of him and charge him with Holloway's murder," said Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-us-extradition_n_1503871.html

MOORDENAAR -DUTCH translation means MURDERER!!

Joran: "Things seem to be going even better than I hoped."
http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=8

This is Joran's greatest fear and was also that of his parents.  Joran is terified this will happen and he will be given the death penalty for his prolonged torture of the family.

This is used so rarely and is so new that I don't think anyone has any idea how it works, probably not even the courts.

But it is the heavy that hangs over Joran's head every day  of his life and has since he murdered Natalie Holloway.  Federal executions are rare but they have happened.

But even without this, the federal extortion charge carries a maximum of 25 years which should be enough. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:57 PM »

The U.S. wants to get ahold of him and charge him with Holloway's murder," said Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-us-extradition_n_1503871.html

MOORDENAAR -DUTCH translation means MURDERER!!

Joran: "Things seem to be going even better than I hoped."
http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=8

This is Joran's greatest fear and was also that of his parents.  Joran is terified this will happen and he will be given the death penalty for his prolonged torture of the family.

This is used so rarely and is so new that I don't think anyone has any idea how it works, probably not even the courts.

But it is the heavy that hangs over Joran's head every day  of his life and has since he murdered Natalie Holloway.  Federal executions are rare but they have happened.

But even without this, the federal extortion charge carries a maximum of 25 years which should be enough. 
Anna, you are absolutely right!! Joran will never be free again. He is already in Hell. Let's hope he spill the beans before his demise.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2694/Internet-Media/article/detail/3265744/2012/06/04/Wat-was-er-nou-zo-goed-aan-die-show-van-Peter-R.dhtml

Google translation

What's so good to show that Peter R.?
By: Thijs van Soest - 04/06/12, 14:21

Besides his outstanding work as a crime reporter, Peter R. de Vries especially an excellent marketer. Days before it was broadcast on roaring way you made ​​it clear that the show next Sunday "really could not miss." That Peter R. De Vries then often disappointed, his great merit. After 17 years, yesterday was his last show by more than a million viewers. One last look back: the Top 5 according Volkskrant.nl:.

1) Joran
The hidden camera action from 2008 where Joran De Vries was unmasked as the murderer of Natalee Holloway drew fewer than 7 million viewers. It is still one of the most watched Dutch TV programs ever. The images of the undercover operation in a car packed with cameras Joran "friend" Patrick also went around the world.
 ::snipping2::
----------------------
http://www.televizier.nl/artikel/10121/laatste-uitzending-peter-r-de-vries-misdaadverslaggever

Google translation

Last broadcast Peter R. de Vries Crime Reporter

After tonight, stop 'Peter R. crime reporter De Vries' final. Televizier Peter looks back on five unresolved topdossiers. Readers of Peterrdevries.nl the five unsolved cases considered below topdossiers. Peter himself finds it difficult to make a selection: "Lots of things for me are right, you can not compete there, although many of the killings of children and youth in me. I come easily to about 30 cases where people have me awake at night may make when they know the solution, even after the last broadcast. I quit the program, but after a long break I just go back to work as a crime reporter. "
4. Natalee Holloway
When Peter is solid bite in the disappearance of American Natalee case on the island of Aruba, did research that brought him international fame and an Emmy Award. Despite his efforts, including undercover investigation, the main suspect Joran van der Sloot was never known, nor Natalee's remains ever found.
last Episode
A murder case is solved tonight, however. In the last episode travels to Lebanon to Peter on the murderer of the Rotterdam Fanchette van den Tol to identify and to confront the family of the murdered woman in 1992. From 21.30 Peter and his team looks back on 17 years reporting on crime with a special backstage television broadcast which is given a look behind the scenes of the crime program. Affscheidsaflevering This promises to be quite emotional. Even the usually stoical Peter R. leave it untouched.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »

Considering the Kalpoes' attorneys have submitted a transcript/video of Joran's own words from the Range Rover recording as evidence in the defamation lawsuit ...  Joran's own words regarding the non-involvement of the Satish and Deepak in the events encompassing the demise/disappearance of Natalee Holloway ... I hope that the judge in the defamation lawsuit does not agree with Peter Devries contention and he thinks once ... thinks twice ... regarding the truth of Joran's claim prior to rendering his judgement.

Is Peter Devries on record as a witness for the Plaintiffs?

If the judge embraces Joran's Range Rover "confession" as gospel ... the implication is he/she believes that Joran acted completely alone with the assistance of an unknown accomplice after the Kalpoes dropped Natalee and him off at the beach.

Janet

++++++

The Range Rover "Confession" and the Defamation Lawsuit Connection

Judge allows lawsuit to proceed against Dr. Phil
Date: Wednesday Feb. 6, 2008 10:12 AM ET

LOS ANGELES — A California judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, lawyer for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward Ferns. "I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom.

The ruling came a day after ABC's "20/20" aired a secretly recorded conversation involving Joran van der Sloot, who also has been interrogated by Aruban authorities on Holloway's May 2005 disappearance. In the tape, van der Sloot claims Holloway died on the beach while they were kissing and he tried to revive her but failed. He said the teen's body was dumped in the ocean and would never be found.

Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for van der Sloot, said his client was not responsible for the Alabama teenager's death and the tapes do not amount to a confession. Last week, van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance.

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said

<snipped>

In June, another judge dismissed a wrongful-death case against the Kalpoes by Holloway's parents, ruling the Los Angeles Superior Court did not have jurisdiction. The parents maintained the brothers conceded jurisdiction when they sued CBS and McGraw in Los Angeles.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20080206/dr_phil_080206/

Peter Devries - The Non-Involvement of the Kalpoes

Cracking the Holloway Case?
Feb 7, 2008 7:00 PM EST

De Vries spoke to NEWSWEEK's Catharine Skipp about the case and his role in it to date.

<snipped>

NEWSWEEK: Do you believe that the Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were involved in any way?

No, not at all.  On the tapes Joran calls them stupid.  I don't believe they were involved.

<snipped>

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/3

How a sensational hidden camera operation
solved the Natalee Holloway case

<snipped>

Peter:  Jorans friends Deepak and Satish, who have been arrested for this case several times, are completely innocent. Joran declares with pride that he has abused them to create an alibi for himself. He calls them “very stupid boys’”.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/complete-story.htm

NANCY GRACE
Joran Submits to Questioning by Aruban Investigators in Holland
Aired February 7, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: Peter, where do the Kalpoe brothers fit into this whole thing?

DE VRIES: Well, they brought him to the beach.

GRACE: Yes.

DE VRIES: They dropped him there, and Natalee, of course, and then they went home. And Joran was asked by Patrick, the insider, What do they know? And then Joran said -- and you have to notice his body language at that moment, No, they know nothing. They -- I told them nothing.

GRACE: So they just got dragged into this unwittingly?

DE VRIES: Yes.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/07/ng.01.html

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/peru-court-says-dutchmans-van-der-sloot-can-be-extradited-only-after-murder-sentence-served/2012/06/04/gJQAJuZiDV_story.html

Peru court says Dutchman Van der Sloot can be extradited only after murder sentence served
Updated: Monday, June 4, 1:03 PM

Altez told The Associated Press that the Supreme Court’s decision follows a pattern in Peru “because there are various people in the same situation and they will all be extradited when they finish their sentences. There’s no reason Joran van der Sloot should be different.”

Van der Sloot is appealing his sentence and the Supreme Court said that if the appeal is successful he could be extradited immediately thereafter.

Altez said his client would resist that.

“At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political,” he said.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »

Considering the Kalpoes' attorneys have submitted a transcript/video of Joran's own words from the Range Rover recording as evidence in the defamation lawsuit ...  Joran's own words regarding the non-involvement of the Satish and Deepak in the events encompassing the demise/disappearance of Natalee Holloway ... I hope that the judge in the defamation lawsuit does not agree with Peter Devries contention and he thinks once ... thinks twice ... regarding the truth of Joran's claim prior to rendering his judgement.

<snipped>

s.t.

Secret recordings attained without a court are generally inadmissible in a US court of law.  And since this recording was made secretly, without a court order and in a FOREIGN COUNTRY, its admissibility
is highly doubtful.

The issue in this lawsuit is whether Dr Phil defamed the Kalpoe bros when he broadcasted the shortened version of Skeeters recordings. I'm not an attorney, but I would think that deVries recordings are not only inadmissible but irrelevant.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/peru-court-says-dutchmans-van-der-sloot-can-be-extradited-only-after-murder-sentence-served/2012/06/04/gJQAJuZiDV_story.html

Peru court says Dutchman Van der Sloot can be extradited only after murder sentence served
Updated: Monday, June 4, 1:03 PM

Altez told The Associated Press that the Supreme Court’s decision follows a pattern in Peru “because there are various people in the same situation and they will all be extradited when they finish their sentences. There’s no reason Joran van der Sloot should be different.”

Van der Sloot is appealing his sentence and the Supreme Court said that if the appeal is successful he could be extradited immediately thereafter.

Altez said his client would resist that.

“At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political,” he said.

If Joran's appeal is sucessful ... the implication would be that there would be no justice for Stephany.  Do I have that right?

If Joran's appeal is unsucessful ... the implication would be that Joran would not be extradited until he has served his Peruvian sentence.  Do I have that right?

What about the three year statute of limitations for fraud charges?

Janet

+++++

Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer: ‘It’s A Waste Of Money To Extradite Joran To The U.S.’Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer: ‘It’s A Waste Of Money To Extradite Joran To The U.S.’
Posted on May 10, 2012 @ 11:00PM

The longer the confessed killer and his legal team can drag the procedure out, the more chance he has of avoiding being deported at all, as the statute of limitations for the fraud charge which was filed in 2010 is three years.

<snipped>

“They want to bring him over as soon as possible, before the statute of limitation has passed. We just have to delay it for a year then they can’t charge him,” revealed his attorney.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-lawyer-waste-money

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »

If Joran's appeal is sucessful ... the implication would be that there would be no justice for Stephany.  Do I have that right?

If Joran's appeal is unsucessful ... the implication would be that Joran would not be extradited until he has served his Peruvian sentence.  Do I have that right?

What about the three year statute of limitations for fraud charges?

A statute of limitations is an enactment in a common law legal system that sets the maximum time after an event that legal proceedings based on that event may be initiated.

Joran is already indicted, meaning legal proceedings have gone beyond initiation, they are active.  There is a formal request for extradition so that legal proceedings may continue.

As far as Joran's appeal being successful, it appears as if there is some confusion as to an all or nothing outcome.  There could be a simple reduction of years anywhere from 1 - 28 years.

As far as an unsuccessful outcome to the appeal, and that limiting extradition to the US, we will just have to wait and see what Peru decides.  All we really know, it that Peru has agreed to the extradition, but with some restrictions pending the outcome of his appeal.

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #328 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/PeterRdeV

http://twitter.com/PeterRdeV/status/194360629056897024

http://twitter.com/PeterRdeV/status/194360420558045184

Google translation

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: June 04, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »

http://nos.nl/artikel/379890-laatste-aflevering-peter-r-de-vries.html

Google translation

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »

I heart DeVries for the greater good he did do... he made Joran's life not worth living.

I will never believe the Kal-dopes were innocent. They were in it for whatever they could get... because they are miserable useless guys with nothing better to do with their time. Joran played them later like the tools they are... because he could. Joran's dog had a higher IQ than
the Kalpoes. Did Satish graduate yet? Is he on the 10 year plan or what? 

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »

Did Satish graduate yet? Is he on the 10 year plan or what? 
He hasn't graduated from PennFoster.edu yet?

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
By Andrew Chow, JD at FindLaw.com
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

Van der Sloot, convicted of murder in Peru, faces U.S. charges in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba. "At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political," his attorney told the AP.

The political process is rooted in the extradition treaty between the United States and Peru. The treaty allows a person who's convicted of a crime in Peru to be extradited to the United States to face prosecution for a separate crime.

If convicted and sentenced in the United States, the person would be sent back to Peru to finish his sentence, then extradited again to the United States to serve time there.

But Peru's Supreme Court apparently wants Joran van der Sloot to first serve out his Peruvian prison sentence before standing trial in the United States on lesser charges related to the Holloway case.

As other Peruvian prisoners are "in the same situation," the Supreme Court felt "[t]here's no reason Joran van der Sloot should be different," van der Sloot's lawyer told the AP.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »

I heart DeVries for the greater good he did do... he made Joran's life not worth living.

I will never believe the Kal-dopes were innocent. They were in it for whatever they could get... because they are miserable useless guys with nothing better to do with their time. Joran played them later like the tools they are... because he could. Joran's dog had a higher IQ than

Absolutely.    ::justice2NJ::

::boxingjoran::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »

Justice for Natalee!  

::justice2NJ::

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2012, 08:32:12 AM »

MSM Finally Reports that Peru Court Approves Joran Van Der Sloot Extradition to US on Extortion Charges in Connection with Death of Natalee Holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/06/05/msm-finally-reports-that-peru-court-approves-joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-to-us-on-extortion-charges-in-connection-with-death-of-natalee-holloway/

As Scared Monkeys reported last Saturday, the MSM has finally decided to report that Peru courts have approved Joran Van der Sloot’s extradition to the United States on extortion and wire fraud charges.However, according to the court’s decision, Van der Sloot must first serve his 28 year sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores before he can be extradited to the US on extortion charges.  Before the decision is made final, it must be approved by Peru’s justice minister and Cabinet.

MSM, better late than never I guess.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »

There are others besides the Kalpoes that Joran distanced from implication in the Range Rover recordings ... others that most Monkeys believe participated in the events encompassing the morning of May 30th. 

In the recordings Joran:

1.  failed to implicate himself in nothing more serious than the disposal of a body following Natalee's demise from a seizure.

2.  failed to implicate his father in nothing more serious than affording him a cell phone while detained.

3.  failed to implicate the Kalpoes in nothing more than dropping Natalee and him off at the beach.

4.  failed to implicate the sons of the elite who were detained as suspects in the Natalee Holloway case.

5.  failed to implicate any within the corrupt Natalee Holloway investigation with wrongdoing in regards to a cover up.

6.  failed to include a trap in his account pertaining to the disposal of a deceased Natalee.

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »

Agree, Red, MSM has finally picked up on the story.  I even heard a radio program host talking about it yesterday and news reports on the radio.  It will probably be a bigger news item for MSM when the Peruvian government makes the final decision on the extradition process. 

Justice for Natalee!  ::justice2NJ::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

Dutch CIE Agents and Aruban Authorities were Aware

In his book "Disposed" ... Patrick Vander Eem reveals that Dutch agents and Aruban authorities were at the very least aware from the getgo of the sting to obtain a confession from Joran van der Sloot regarding his participation as well as his knowledge of the events encompassing the morning of May 30th.

Considering most believe that those within a corrupt investigation have had an agenda that was established on May 30, 2005 to protect Joran and Paulus from implication ... could it be that father and son received a heads-up pertaining to the impending sting and ... that heads-up was used to their advantage and Aruba's advantage.

Janet

+++++

Disposed - Patrick Vander Eem

Chapter 9:
  It took a week and a half for someone to contact me. As they say the waiting is the hardest part but there was nothing to be done about it since you can’t directly contact the CIE (Criminal Information Unit of the Dutch police which collects information on organized crime and big crime cases). They have to call you.

While I waited for this contact, I had time to think about what exactly I wanted out of all of this.  In my daydreams I put together the package deal to get three hundred thousand Euros.

I told the man on the phone that I befriended Joran with the purpose of getting him to talk and that it might be interesting for them if we speak. Within a week I had an appointment to meet two CIE agents.

Chapter 18: That night we hit the casino and the red light district in Arnhem.  It was really late when I decided to take him home we ran into a police checkpoint on the way out of the red light district.

I stopped the way I should and the officer asks for my driver's licence.  He asks if the car is mine and I say it's a rental because mine is in the shop.  Then he wants to see the paper work.  The rental agreement is listed to Endemol.  So I'm afraid the copy will say 'So you work for Endemol' with Joran sitting next to me.  I quickly step out of the car to talk with the police officer.

Another officer comes over and we all talk nicely and it gets straightened out.  No problems.  They let me go on my way.  Who knows, when they checked my documents they got a big 'leave this car alone' on their screen.

Chapter 20:  Shortly after the promo aired a hacker got into the system of the program’s website due to a mistake of the internet provider who left a port open. He found and posted a portion of an interview Peter R had with prosecutor Hans Mos and the leading investigator Adolph Richardson in Aruba.

Arubans wary of fifth car trip in Holloway case
Monday 25 February 2008

Dutch tv crime reporter Peter R de Vries set up a fifth car trip to try and get Joran van der Sloot to confess to murdering US teenager Natalee Holloway after the Aruban public prosecution department said the original four recordings did not contain enough evidence, the Volkskrant reported on Saturday.

Aruban officials told De Vries and his team at a secret hotel meeting that the tapes did not contain enough new evidence, the paper says in a reconstruction of events surrounding the tv programme which claimed to solve the mystery of her disappearance.

Aruban public prosecutor Hans Mos told the paper he did not want to have anything to do with the extra car trip because he was afraid it could be construed as entrapment and blow the case.

<snipped>

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/02/arubans_wary_of_fifth_car_trip

The Principle is Absolute

private eye
Discussion #742 3/10 -
« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »

But sharing information with people who work for people who are directly orchestrating the cover up, Rudy, or the Dutch, is the most irresponsible investigating I can imagine.

What I pray that Kyle and the crew of the Persistence will determine, is that regardless of how hard working the man that they are working with appears to work, his work belongs to Rudy, and Rudy belongs to the local dutch.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2689.msg364750#msg364750

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: June 05, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »

If the judge embraces Joran's Range Rover "confession" as gospel ... the implication is he/she believes that Joran acted completely alone with the assistance of an unknown accomplice after the Kalpoes dropped Natalee and him off at the beach.

Janet

++++++

The Range Rover "Confession" and the Defamation Lawsuit Connection

Judge allows lawsuit to proceed against Dr. Phil
Date: Wednesday Feb. 6, 2008 10:12 AM ET

LOS ANGELES — A California judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, lawyer for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward Ferns. "I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom.

The ruling came a day after ABC's "20/20" aired a secretly recorded conversation involving Joran van der Sloot, who also has been interrogated by Aruban authorities on Holloway's May 2005 disappearance. In the tape, van der Sloot claims Holloway died on the beach while they were kissing and he tried to revive her but failed. He said the teen's body was dumped in the ocean and would never be found.

Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for van der Sloot, said his client was not responsible for the Alabama teenager's death and the tapes do not amount to a confession. Last week, van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance.

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said

<snipped>

In June, another judge dismissed a wrongful-death case against the Kalpoes by Holloway's parents, ruling the Los Angeles Superior Court did not have jurisdiction. The parents maintained the brothers conceded jurisdiction when they sued CBS and McGraw in Los Angeles.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20080206/dr_phil_080206/

Peter Devries - The Non-Involvement of the Kalpoes

Cracking the Holloway Case?
Feb 7, 2008 7:00 PM EST

De Vries spoke to NEWSWEEK's Catharine Skipp about the case and his role in it to date.

<snipped>

NEWSWEEK: Do you believe that the Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were involved in any way?

No, not at all.  On the tapes Joran calls them stupid.  I don't believe they were involved.

<snipped>

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/3

How a sensational hidden camera operation
solved the Natalee Holloway case

<snipped>

Peter:  Jorans friends Deepak and Satish, who have been arrested for this case several times, are completely innocent. Joran declares with pride that he has abused them to create an alibi for himself. He calls them “very stupid boys’”.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/complete-story.htm

NANCY GRACE
Joran Submits to Questioning by Aruban Investigators in Holland
Aired February 7, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: Peter, where do the Kalpoe brothers fit into this whole thing?

DE VRIES: Well, they brought him to the beach.

GRACE: Yes.

DE VRIES: They dropped him there, and Natalee, of course, and then they went home. And Joran was asked by Patrick, the insider, What do they know? And then Joran said -- and you have to notice his body language at that moment, No, they know nothing. They -- I told them nothing.

GRACE: So they just got dragged into this unwittingly?

DE VRIES: Yes.

<snipped>

s.t.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.