April 18, 2024, 05:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 478581 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »

It was definitely to Joran van der Sloot's benefit that that the Peruvian Supreme Court ruled against immediate extradition to the States to face extortion charges.

Hopefully the ruling of the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet will overrule the Supreme Court's decision and the Monkey Justice Train will roll into the Birmingham Station as originally anticipated ... sooner than later.

Janet

+++++

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

The political process is rooted in the extradition treaty between the United States and Peru. The treaty allows a person who's convicted of a crime in Peru to be extradited to the United States to face prosecution for a separate crime.

If convicted and sentenced in the United States, the person would be sent back to Peru to finish his sentence, then extradited again to the United States to serve time there.

But Peru's Supreme Court apparently wants Joran van der Sloot to first serve out his Peruvian prison sentence before standing trial in the United States on lesser charges related to the Holloway case.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

Van der Sloot Extradition Delayed
June 6, 2012

<snipped>

The extradition ruling is important to Van der Sloot because it could affect how much time he spends in prison in Peru. Under usual circumstances, he could serve about one-third of his 28-year sentence before being released, less than 10 years.

But if he were to be extradited to the U.S. and convicted of another crime, that could lengthen the time he serves on his Peruvian sentence.

<snipped>

http://crime.about.com/b/2012/06/06/van-der-sloot-extradition-delayed.htm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

Been reading everyone's comments about whether Joran will be coming to Birmingham, and when.  I am one of those common people of Birmingham and I have to have faith in the FBI here.  I know some of them socially, not privy to their work, but folks, believe in them.  The FBI does not fool around and Natalee is "their daughter" too.  Trust me they will handle this.

cadiliac

I am anticipating the reaction of the Birmingham prosecutor as well the reaction as John Q. Kelly to the Peruvian Supreme Court ruling.  Maybe there will be no comments until the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet announce the final ruling regarding the terms of Joran's extradition.

When all is said and done ... I would much rather afford "a jury made up of common people" to administer a just ruling than a panel of appointed (elected?) Peruvian judges.

Janet

++++++

Peru court: Can extradite Dutchman after prison
June 4, 2012, 2:55 p.m. PDT

<snipped>

The Dutchman, who was raised in Aruba, remains the prime suspect in the Holloway disappearance on the Caribbean island, and the U.S. charges stem from his alleged acceptance of $25,000 in early 2010 in exchange for an unfulfilled promise to lead her mother's lawyer, John Q. Kelly, to the body.

Federal prosecutors in Birmingham, Alabama, where Van der Sloot is charged, declined to comment on the court's decision. Kelly said he had no immediate comment.

<snipped>

Van der Sloot is appealing his sentence, and the Supreme Court said that if the appeal is successful he could be extradited immediately thereafter. Altez said his client would resist that.

"At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political," he said.

He contends Van der Sloot could not receive a fair trial in the United States "because he's been satanized by the press. He is seen as a demon in the United States and would be judged by a jury made up of common people who are influenced by the press and would surely give him the maximum sentence."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/peru-court-dutchmans-extradition-after-sentence/ba9b5f9caa344925992cde4daa18c76f

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

Been reading everyone's comments about whether Joran will be coming to Birmingham, and when.  I am one of those common people of Birmingham and I have to have faith in the FBI here.  I know some of them socially, not privy to their work, but folks, believe in them.  The FBI does not fool around and Natalee is "their daughter" too.  Trust me they will handle this.

Agree.     
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »

Agree.     

Thanks cadillac and Ono.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

O/T

For anyone that's interested...

RE:  James Edward Hogan US Vice Consul who disappeared in Curacao in Sept 2009

I checked on the case against Abby Hogan last night, and there has been a plea agreement.  She entered a guilty plea to count 5 of the indictment (obstruction of justice), and the government will move for the other six counts in the indictment to be dismissed at sentencing.  She faces a maximum of 20 years.  IIRC originally she faced about 90 years if found guilty of all charges.  Sentencing is scheduled for August 8th.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6197.msg1528202#msg1528202

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:24 AM »

Justice for Natalee!  

::justice2NJ::

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »

WAAAAY off topic --how 'bout them Thunder?!?!  ....... apologies to KTF ( I know this pains you  -- rumors are you will get a team back soon - I hope so!)

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »

Do we have an ignore button? Repeating the same old thing over, and over, and over does not change the fact that NO ONE in Aruba or the Netherlands has an iota of influence in what happens in Peru.

LOL!!  Where's the "beating the dead horse" icon?

SSDD

SSDD   - love it 

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: June 08, 2012, 04:33:08 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/114520-new-evidence-in-murder-case-poentje-sent-to-nfi

New evidence in murder case Poentje sent to NFI         

WEDNESDAY, 6 JUNE 2012 15:02

ORANJESTAD — The Public Prosecutor have asked the Dutch Forensic Institute (NFI) to research new evidence in the murder case of Poentje Castro. The Public Prosecutor doesn’t wish to elaborate on the evidence.Apparently this is new evidence besides the Blackberry from Castro that had been researched earlier in the Netherlands. “This evidence hadn’t been sent to the Netherlands before”, spokesperson Ann Angela said before the Amigoe. The Public Prosecutor expects to receive the results in two to three months. On being asked why it had taken so long before the evidence was sent to the Netherlands, Angela replied: “We needed time to place it in a legal framework, to see what was possible from a technical point of view and to formulate the research question.” For instance, an examining magistrate on Aruba is to appoint an expert in the Netherlands who is to research the evidence. Moreover, Angela explained that this evidence came to light during the current investigation. It only became clear later on that this evidence ‘required further research’.

TV-presenter and research journalist Poentje Castro was found dead in his garden on the morning of December 23rd 2010. From the autopsy it appeared he had been shot twice around eleven o’clock the evening before. A Team Large-scale Operation (TGO) was deployed because there were very few leads from the beginning of the investigation. This often happens with serious penal acts (such as murder or kidnapping) when it’s not clear who the perpetrator is. Until now, nobody has been arrested for the murder.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/114227-james-murray-arrived-on-curacao-

James Murray arrived on Curaçao         

TUESDAY, 5 JUNE 2012 11:17

WILLEMSTAD — James Murray, who was sentenced to life-imprisonment in 1980 for the murder of Darly Lai (6), arrived on Curaçao yesterday afternoon. He is on the island for a psychiatric and psychological examination prior to his case coming up for trail on provisional release.Murray (originally from Aruba) committed the offence on Curaçao, where he lived at the time. However, for the past seven years, he’s been serving his time at the KIA on Aruba. According to the new penal code, after twenty years those sentenced to life-imprisonment could qualify for provisional release to consider whether the life imprisonment still serves the purpose. It’s the first time that such trial is held. Although the murder of Darly Lai was committed thirty-three years ago the community still remembers. The news on the trial shocked the community and led to a storm of indignation. More than 21,000 people had signed the petition against Murray’s release.

::snipping2::

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: June 08, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »

Memorial Day - May 30, 2005

Hope Comes and Then Goes

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Excerpts

Page 35 - 36:  We land, and the door opens.  The heat and the humidity hit me hard in the face even at this hour.  Like opening the oven door and getting that big hot blast.  The wind is whipping.  My hair is all over the place.  I can hardly see the steps to go down.  I soon learn this is how it always is here: very hot and very windy.  “Hellish” is the only word that comes to mind.

We walk a few feet into the processing area to show our passports and go through customs.  It's a small unimportant looking structure with a porch connected to the front of it.  The owner of the plane has arranged for "handlers" to meet us here to assist with customs and ground transportation, common practice when private planes arrive in Aruba.

An official-looking American woman in the processing area draws my attention.  Her badge identifies her as a U.S. Homeland Security Office representative, and I hone in on her like radar.  The sight of her is our fist real sign of hope.  I walk over to her and have to restrain myself from grabbing her by her lapels and pulling her into a hug to thank her for being here for us.  All the calls made to the FBI and the U.S. Embassy by Natalee's brother and our friends must have paid off.  That's why this official person is here to help us.  I get very close to her and begin to tell her about Natalee and what has happened.  Talking a mile a minute, I explain about Natalee's disappearance and our desperate situation.  I ask for her help in figuring out where to start and what to do.

She never changes her stance, remaining in an "at ease" position with her hands behind her back.  She has very little to say; volunteers no information.  The encouraging thoughts that lifted me when I first laid eyes on her are quickly extinuished as I learn that she is always here.  The Aruba airport is her post.  She isn't here for us.  She can't do a single thing to help Natalee.  She has no special powers.  No authority.

This is the first of hundreds of times along this impending tragic journey that hope would dissolve almost as quickly as it would appear.  It would wash over us like the tide, then ebb.  Hope comes, then goes.  But it's the constant waiting for the next wave to roll in, and reaching for each new sign of hope that will keep us going, as it brings with it the energy and encouragement needed to press on in our search for Natalee, even if only for a few moments at a time.

Following the January trial ... Beth Holloway's attorney was anticipating it would not be long before Joran van der Sloot would be facing a judge in a Birmingham courtroom.

Following the March court hearing with Peruvian Judge Zenaida Vilca ... Joran van der Sloot's attorney was not optimistic.  It was his perception that his client would be extradiction to States in the near future.

How could both John Q. Kelly and Maximo Altez have been so wrong in regards to the ruling that would be arrived at by the Peruvian Supreme Court.

If the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet do not overrule the Supreme Court's decision it will be another "faded hope" for Beth Holloway and ... other "big win" for Joran van der Sloot.

Janet

+++++

Beth Holloway's Attorney

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot was sentenced today to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for strangling a woman there, and American officials are now expected to bring him to Alabama to face charges in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Joran van der Sloot's Attorney

May 8, 2012 6:55pm
Joran Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer Says U.S. Extradition Inevitable

The extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. on charges of wire fraud and extortion in connection with the death of Natalee Holloway will likely take place this summer, his lawyer told ABC News today.

“The power of the United States will assure that Joran has to face a U.S. judge and I think the extradition will happen probably in two or three months,” Maximo Altez  said in an exclusve interview with ABC News.

Altez spoke to ABC News after van der Sloot appeared in a jailhouse courtroom at Piedras Gordas prison, about two hours north of Lima.

Peruvian Judge Zenaida Vilca heard arguments by U.S. Justice Department officials pushing for the extradition while  Altez opposed the move on grounds his client could not receive a fair trial in a U.S. court.

<snipped>

Van der Sloot, appearing nervous and thinner than in previous appearances, was marched by prison officials to the courtroom, handcuffed and refusing to answer questions posed by nearby reporters.

<snipped>

Altz spoke with ABC News after the court appearance and said van der Sloot was “very upset with the prospect of being extradited to the U.S. I haven’t seen Joran so down, so depressed since I took on his defense almost two years ago.”

The extortion and wire fraud charges relate to payments allegedly made to van der Sloot by the Holloway family for information on the whereabouts of their daughter’s body.

In court U.S. legal officials argued that there is evidence that will show that van der Sloot arranged for and accepted those payments. Altez says that van der Sloot was lured into taking those payments and that it wasn’t on his client’s initiative.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-says-u-s-extradition-inevitable/

s.t.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »

http://www.dutchcaribbeanlegalportal.com/news/movers-shakers/79-a-new-challenge/2060-officier-stemper-voortijdig-weg-vervanger-al-aangenomen

Google translation

I don't know if the Alex Mathew case has anything to do with his leaving or not, but this is part of an article from April...

http://www.amigoe.com/english/107068-om-no-drugs-were-found-in-mathews-residence

OM: ‘No drugs were found in Mathew’s residence’         
MONDAY, 2 APRIL 2012 11:36

As main suspect in the Strea-case, Mathew made accusations against case-officer Lars Stempher last Thursday. Stempher had supposedly told Mathew that he could let someone else run Foxy Lady because he still has the permits for the strip club. Furthermore, the OM supposedly obstructs Mathew’s defense by withholding documents and hindering the access to witnesses. Blanken denies these imputations. “There is no question of obstruction whatsoever. The fact is that some people are difficult to trace. At the moment, we still have two or three requests for legal assistance pending to hear witnesses.” Blanken states that Mathew’s lawyers handled all requests to hear witnesses.

All witnesses were heard by the examining judge (RC). “During the hearing of witnesses, both the OM and the defense had asked questions”, says Blanken, and the examining judge made sure that both sides were given the opportunity to ask questions. “If any questions were dropped then it’s for the sake of efficiency. Moreover, the session judge monitors the examining judge. If the session judge decides that the examining judge has not done a good job, the hearing procedure is to be followed again from the bottom up. As far as I know, until now the session judge saw no need to intervene in this case.” Blanken emphasizes once again that all complaints from Mathew had to be raised during the pro-forma sessions. “This is also the place to raise complaints.”

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »

June 6, 2012

Under Peruvian law, and under the country's extradition treaty with the U.S., Peru's justice minister and the Peruvian Cabinet must also approve the court's decision.

"At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political," his attorney, Maximo Altez said.

http://crime.about.com/b/2012/06/06/van-der-sloot-extradition-delayed.htm

I wonder how much political clout the US has with Peru. Does Peru owe the US any favors, and would the US be willing to cash in on it to get Joran here?

One can only hope.  This ain't over yet!!!!!!

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: June 09, 2012, 09:58:36 AM »

FLASHBACK: JUNE 5, 2005 - JUNE 9, 2005

The Arrests of the Security Guards - The Arrests of Joran, Deepak and Satish

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Excerpts:

Page 120:
  One week ago this day Natalee was making plans with her friends to spend her last night in Aruba at Carlos ‘n Charlies.  She left there with Joran van der Sloot and hasn’t been seen since.

Early this morning two dark-skinned native Aruban security guards from the Allegro Hotel are arrested in connection with Natalee’s disappearance.  Surely a result of yesterday’s room-by-room search of that hotel.  Their clothes were taken.  Their cars are impounded.  Potential evidence is removed from their homes.  They are handcuffed and perp-walked to police cars and taken away. These security guards are labelled on the news as suspects in Natalee’s disappearance.

Apparently it’s not difficult to get a search warrant for these two.  But one certainly could not be obtained last week as we stood in the front yard of Joran van der Sloot’s house as he told of his sexual encounter with Natalee.  His father, Paulus, refused to let anyone inside their house, including the police.

Natalee never returned to the Holiday Inn. We had seen the tapes with a room full of police officials.  These two security guards also do not appear on the Holiday Inn security videos that we were shown.  So why these arrests?  Islanders are outraged.  And so are we.  It’s blatant discrimination.

Page 121:  As we continue to move yet further away from the young men with whom Natalee was last seen, we are well aware that valuable evidence that could have been gathered that first morning is slowly and tragically being lost.  Police didn’t take the clothes from van der Sloot.  They didn’t search his house.  They didn’t arrest him after he lied to police right there in his front yard about taking Natalee back to the Holiday Inn.  They haven’t labelled him or the Kalpoe brothers as suspects.  The car belonging to Deepak Kalpoe has not been impounded.  And forensic tests have not been done.  There might be evidence there.  Everywhere.  But we can’t get the police to focus on the obvious.

And finally we learn from the Wyndham Hotel manager that Joran and Deepak do not appear on their security videos at the time the two claimed to be at a poker tournament there – the same time we were standing in the van der Sloots’ front yard in the wee hours of May 31.

“Something’s wrong,” I half whisper to Jug, following the arrests of the two security guards, and ask him to find an office supply store so we can have notebooks, paper, and pens to document these bizarre events.  I’ve been taking scrap notes all along, but now begin to write down in a notebook every single thing that happens, word for word, from this day forward.

Page 122:  The arrest yesterday of the two security guards is so obviously a move in the wrong direction.  My cursing is fluid and intense.  I’m challenging God and His power to help me.  Jug asks me to pray with him.  “I’m not praying, Jug.  You pray.  Because it isn’t working.”  He is so sad.  Feeling helpless, totally helpless ….

Page 124:  I don't tolerate painkillers well.  And I'm so close to losing control that I'm afraid taking these pills will make me even worse.  So I don't take them.  I want to remain alert for Natalee, in case a call comes in.  In case there's news.  Just in case.

The only things that help are the beautiful messages of hope starting to stream in.  People send their favorite scriptures ...

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we not stand.  And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope ...

Page 126:  Then finally, ten days after Natalee's disappearance, our prayers are answered.  The police move in the right direction.  They arrest Joran van der Sloot and Deepak and Satish Kalpoe on suspicion of kidnapping and murder.  The suspects had ten days to cover their tracks.  Ten days to corroborate their stories.  And ten days to lawyer up.

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »

Could it be that the Birmingham prosecutor and John Kelly are behind the scenes demanding answers or ... maybe their current silence implies they are waiting patiently for the the final decision by the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet?  I can only assume that they are not pleased with the Peruvian Supreme Court's decision.

It makes sense that the decision of the the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet will not happen until there is a ruling forthcoming regarding Joran's appeal of his sentence.  Maybe not.

Janet

+++++

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

"At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political," his attorney told the AP.

The political process is rooted in the extradition treaty between the United States and Peru. The treaty allows a person who's convicted of a crime in Peru to be extradited to the United States to face prosecution for a separate crime.

If convicted and sentenced in the United States, the person would be sent back to Peru to finish his sentence, then extradited again to the United States to serve time there.

But Peru's Supreme Court apparently wants Joran van der Sloot to first serve out his Peruvian prison sentence before standing trial in the United States on lesser charges related to the Holloway case.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

Peru court: Can extradite Dutchman after prison
June 4, 2012, 2:55 p.m. PDT

<snipped>

Federal prosecutors in Birmingham, Alabama, where Van der Sloot is charged, declined to comment on the court's decision. Kelly said he had no immediate comment.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/peru-court-dutchmans-extradition-after-sentence/ba9b5f9caa344925992cde4daa18c76f

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: June 09, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/114652-public-prosecutor-investigation-into-shoot-out-renaissance-almost-finished

Public Prosecutor: ‘Investigation into shoot-out Renaissance almost finished’         

THURSDAY, 7 JUNE 2012 11:12

ORANJESTAD — The judicial investigation into the shoot-out on the parking lot of Renaissance Marketplace on February 22nd last is in the final stage. Late this week or early next week the family members involved and the public will be informed on the outcome. The Public Prosecutor stated this before the Amigoe on being asked.By our reporter

Alex Laclé

Two Columbian drug suspects were killed during the shoot-out in broad daylight. During an attempt to arrest the suspects, the arrest team from the police opened fire on the suspects’ vehicle for unknown reasons, thus killing the two suspects. The public in the busy shopping center panicked and sought cover and nobody was injured.

In the vehicle the police officers discovered approximately 11 kilograms of cocaine. A third suspect, 32-year old W.G.A.H., was arrested elsewhere shortly after the incident. Twelve kilos of coke was also discovered while conducting house searches related to this case. The American Drug Enforcement Administration (DAE) was involved with the investigation and requests extradition of the third suspect. However, inquiry with the Public Prosecutor reveals that this suspect is still in custody on Aruba. As the suspect is resisting extradition, the process could easily take one year. “The court is yet to handle the request and a date for such hasn’t been given,” said spokesperson Angela.

Unarmed

Under command of the National Criminal Investigation Department, Justice began an investigation into the shoot-out. The suspects who had been shot were namely unarmed. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=15

Google translation

Police dive for dumped safes

FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2012 9:45

ORANGE CITY - A police diving team search the coast of Malmok at the bottom of the sea to safes. This would have been dumped there by a group of burglars who was recently arrested by the police. The thieves were reportedly more than twenty houses have been robbed and a total of more than 100,000 florins and have captured several fine and costume jewelery. Justice has now about ten burglars arrested. Research showed that the broken vaults by the burglars ...
Read more ...

Family doubts cause of death suspect

FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2012 9:45

ORANGE CITY - The family of Sandro Giovanni Quandt (42), who in the night of Wednesday to Thursday after a police chase was killed, doubts about the actions of the officers involved. When family yesterday the body was identified, they were shocked by the injuries that Quandt had suffered.
Read more ...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: June 09, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »

Does the Supreme Court ruled on Joran's sentence appeal.  I could be wrong but I get the impression that there is a real possibility that the 28 year sentence that translates into 9 years could be overturned.  In other words ... no justice of Stephany Flores.

Janet

+++++   

Peru court: Van der Sloot's extradition after sentence
Must serve out his 28-year prison sentence

Updated: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 1:15 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 11:28 AM CDT

<snipped>

Van der Sloot is appealing his sentence and the Supreme Court said that if the appeal is successful he could be extradited immediately thereafter.

Altez said his client would resist that.

"At the end of the day, the decision on whether to extradite Joran is political," he said.

He contends Van der Sloot could not receive a fair trial in the United States "because he's been satanized by the press. He is seen as a demon in the United States and would be judged by a jury made up of common people who are influenced by the press and would surely give him the maximum sentence."

<snipped>

http://www.kxan.com/dpps/news/international/peru-court-says-van-der-sloots-extradition-after-sentence-wd12-jgr_4195028

s.t.

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »

Thanks, TxMom--sounds like a real crimewave in Aruba with the cops running amok!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: June 09, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »

Agree.     

Thanks cadillac and Ono.   

Then there are trials "In absentia" such as the one that conviced Manuel Noriaga.  Could have a nice sentence already awaiting Joran upon his release from Peruvian prison.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.