March 28, 2024, 12:27:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476440 times)
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »

31,359 total posts

14,895 posts asking to delete previous post because of "mistake" or "mis-copy & paste"

16,458 posts regurgitating of quotes from past 7 years we have all seen and discredited.

6 original opinions

"Monkey Mega Star"

If this is accurate, it wouldn't surprise me at all.  My guess is that it would be close.

But I'd rather pull my toenails out one by one than even consider checking to find out!   

The patience of our wonderful Admin and marvelous Mods amazes me.   an angelic monkey

Wreck - ROTFLMAO - brilliant

TexasMom - Ditto on the above

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Oh Lawdy!  and Greetings monkeys......I haven't signed in for quite some time.

WOW!  A beautiful breeze of TRUTH is finally blowing through this place, and it feels good.

I had to stop posting because I couldn't find the exploding monkey head icon.

Thanks to all for having the patience to continue.   ::justice2NJ::

Amen and Amen, and dear Lord, please make the drivel stop.  Thank you.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

I get so confused reading here ........ sometimes I think I'm reading at RU instead of SM. When I see posts that tell me Joran is the big winner, that Joran will win his appeal and Stephany will have no justice, I close my eyes and reopen them hoping I did not just read that at SM.  The powers that be save Joran, and afford Joran perks, and Joran gets special treatment by the Dutch embassy.  Good grief - is someone pro-Joran, fallen under his spell, playing a bad joke, or trying to set themselves  up with the weird hope of saying "I told you so" later?

Joran is finally in prison, in a particularly harsh prison in Peru, where he cannot do to any more young women and their families what he did to NAH and SR. He was sentenced to 28 years which is a stiff sentence by Peruvian standards. He's been approved for extradition to the USA at some point in the future where he will face charges bearing another possible 25 years.

Natalee's and Stephany's families seem satisfied with this, and trusting in the legal process.  If they are happy, then so am I.  Afterall, I'm here to support Natalee's and Stephany's loved ones, and not be a cheerleader for Joran.

Give jamcakes a basket of bananas.

Post of the Year IMO

My thoughts are that since we have been here for so long, watching Joran get away with everything, we have all became jaded.  Like always waiting for the next shoe to drop, as it has so many times in the past.  I believe everybody has good points and I though I am thrilled he is finally doing time in a horrible Peruvian prison, though I don't like the rumors of his being provided comfort. He is no longer able to kill again, but the questions remain.  Do we or Beth really need to wait 28 years for Natalee's justice and will he really only get 9 year?  We have been brainwashed into everything that happens good on his behalf.  So I have mixed fellings. IMO

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »

31,359 total posts

14,895 posts asking to delete previous post because of "mistake" or "mis-copy & paste"

16,458 posts regurgitating of quotes from past 7 years we have all seen and discredited.

6 original opinions

"Monkey Mega Star"

If this is accurate, it wouldn't surprise me at all.  My guess is that it would be close.

But I'd rather pull my toenails out one by one than even consider checking to find out!   

The patience of our wonderful Admin and marvelous Mods amazes me.   an angelic monkey

Wreck - ROTFLMAO - brilliant

TexasMom - Ditto on the above

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Oh Lawdy!  and Greetings monkeys......I haven't signed in for quite some time.

WOW!  A beautiful breeze of TRUTH is finally blowing through this place, and it feels good.

I had to stop posting because I couldn't find the exploding monkey head icon.

Thanks to all for having the patience to continue.   ::justice2NJ::

Amen and Amen, and dear Lord, please make the drivel stop.  Thank you.

Hi Helen Back!   

So good to see you, I've missed you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »

I get so confused reading here ........ sometimes I think I'm reading at RU instead of SM. When I see posts that tell me Joran is the big winner, that Joran will win his appeal and Stephany will have no justice, I close my eyes and reopen them hoping I did not just read that at SM.  The powers that be save Joran, and afford Joran perks, and Joran gets special treatment by the Dutch embassy.  Good grief - is someone pro-Joran, fallen under his spell, playing a bad joke, or trying to set themselves  up with the weird hope of saying "I told you so" later?

Joran is finally in prison, in a particularly harsh prison in Peru, where he cannot do to any more young women and their families what he did to NAH and SR. He was sentenced to 28 years which is a stiff sentence by Peruvian standards. He's been approved for extradition to the USA at some point in the future where he will face charges bearing another possible 25 years.

Natalee's and Stephany's families seem satisfied with this, and trusting in the legal process.  If they are happy, then so am I.  Afterall, I'm here to support Natalee's and Stephany's loved ones, and not be a cheerleader for Joran.

Post of the Year IMO

My thoughts are that since we have been here for so long, watching Joran get away with everything, we have all became jaded.  Like always waiting for the next shoe to drop, as it has so many times in the past.  I believe everybody has good points and I though I am thrilled he is finally doing time in a horrible Peruvian prison, though I don't like the rumors of his being provided comfort. He is no longer able to kill again, but the questions remain.  Do we or Beth really need to wait 28 years for Natalee's justice and will he really only get 9 year?  We have been brainwashed into everything that happens good on his behalf.  So I have mixed fellings. IMO

::justice2NJ::

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »

Post of the Year IMO

::justice2NJ::

A reminder: 

Brainwashing is generally accomplished by the repetitive drumming of the same information, over and over and over.....Drip...Drip.....Drip.

Resist brainwashing!  Scroll! 

Hey Texasmom!  I have missed you too!     Thanks for holding down the fort for Natalee and Stephany.  You are a veeeeeery strong woman!    salut

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »

Good to see you Helen!  LTNS!

And I agree that the constant repetition is to accomplish brainwashing and bring others over to the negative side of things.

We have won!  Beth has what she stated she would be happy with--seeing Joran in a Midnight Express type prison.  There is no way on earth to make that place anything other than a hellhole no matter what we are constantly being told.  I don't think there is electricity in the individual cells and we know there is no heat and it is cold there.

I would think TB and Hep C and B and so forth have to be rampant as they are in many prisons even here and I think worms are a given.  One of my kids got worms in Bolivia twice and he was traveling with a physician.

Look at that photo of Joran in the green tee shirt for proof of his misery and it has only gotten worse the longer he is there.

So don't fall for the Joran cheering.  It is totally impossible for him to be living like a king and that's just an expression anyway even if he has a stipend to use for bribes.  I don't think anybody would want to be there no matter how they could bribe and he likely only has that government stipend now and as the EU economny tanks, even that may be cut.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »

I have a little RSS feed on a sideboard on my Desktop.  It notifies me when somebody posts here.  I can't tell you of the times I have dashed over thinking there was some new information only to have it be some irrelevant post from five years ago and totally negative at that!  Usually distorted as to meaning to start with also.

It's insulting to other posters' intelligence to assume they don't know these old basic facts or don't have the sense to know what to make of them and they need to be told what to think!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: June 13, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »

Post of the Year IMO

Hi Dihannah1!   

It's good to see you, I hope all is well!   

I agree with the always waiting for the next shoe to drop, it happened so many times in Aruba...so many disappointments...almost too much to bear at times.  It's hard not to still have a little lingering feeling that there may be more of that to come.  IMO all we can do is hope and pray for the best, and for what is right to come to pass.  There are no guarantees but without hope, why continue?

I do believe as Beth has said that justice comes in many forms.

Paulus van der Sloot died over two years ago, February 10, 2010.  He was only 57 years old.  He'd lived almost five years after the crimes against Natalee, and never saw fit to do the right thing.  He will forever be remembered as the father that used his influence to protect his self entitled son (and himself imo) from the consequences of the crimes against Natalee Ann Holloway, denying her a proper burial and justice. 

Joran is not in Aruba anymore, that was his choice.  He went back to Aruba after Paulus' death to be with mommy dearest, chose to gamble to survive instead of getting a job.  Then he decided to extort money from Natalee's family with the promise of finally doing the right thing by leading them to her remains...so he could continue to gamble and not get a job.  Although he had tortured them for almost five long years, he would do it one more time.  He took the down payment from his extortion of Natalee's family and went to Peru to gamble.  When he'd lost all he had, and no one was willing to give him money to survive, he robbed and brutally murdered Stephany Flores.

Joran is still in Peru.  Although he escaped into Chile in an attempt to avoid prosecution in Peru, he was caught within days of Stephany's murder and they took his azz right back to Peru.  None of his attempts to wheel and deal to get back to Aruba or to Holland were successful. 

Joran is not in Aruba anymore.

Joran's has made many attempts since June 2010 to escape justice in Peru.  They've all failed.  He didn't need a translator but he tried to say the right one wasn't provided.  He tried to say his arrest in Chile and expulsion back to Peru wasn't legal, that didn't work either.  He tried to get his (partial imo) confession to Stephany's murder thrown out, no soup for you again Joran!  He even acted like a spoiled rotten brat at his trial.  He delayed the proceedings to "think about" what he'd already had a year and a half to "think about".  He was rude and completely disrespectful of the court.  That got him nowhere.  He was not in Aruba anymore.  For years, Joran's mother defended him concerning Natalee's disappearance.  She enlisted a group of friends to lie about Natalee and her family to protect him, to make him and their family appear to be the victims...while Natalee never came home.  No family member attended Joran's trial in Peru, Anita said she didn't want the media attention.  Joran even used Mary Hamer to keep him comfortable and try to make others sympathize for him, and although he may have been comfortable in prison for a while; ultimate epic fail!  It remains to be seen what will happen in the appeal process.  Hopefully, it will follow the same path as all his other attempts to escape justice in Peru.

Soon after Stephany was murdered, her father Ricardo Flores spoke about justice not only for her but for Natalee as well.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-06-05/news/27066308_1_van-der-hotel-room-peru

Peru cops grill Joran Van der Sloot; Security video may show last moments of Stephany Flores' life
BY LARRY MCSHANE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Saturday, June 05, 2010
 ::snipping2::
Ricardo Flores, who buried his daughter Thursday, said he hoped Stephany's slaying can resolve the Holloway mystery. "My daughter was an instrument for (Natalee), so that there can be justice," he said yesterday.

As wreck said, I don't have much hope of Joran ever telling the whole truth about Natalee either.

But I still believe that justice comes in many forms.  And Joran being in a Peruvian prison burning up in the summer, freezing in the winter, with the rats and disease, without the comforts and favors of home...and his ever longing to be back in Aruba.  That is justice, not only for Stephany but for Natalee as well imo.

A trial in Alabama, whenever...will be icing on the cake.

It's all in how you choose to look at things, is the cup half full or half empty?  I choose to remain positive, and accept the justice that does come in whatever form.  I continue to hope for the ultimate, and refuse to ever become jaded to the point of considering Joran van der Sloot the big winner as long as he is incarcerated as punishment for his crimes.

JMHO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »

I agree with the always waiting for the next shoe to drop, it happened so many times in Aruba...so many disappointments...almost too much to bear at times.  It's hard not to still have a little lingering feeling that there may be more of that to come.  IMO all we can do is hope and pray for the best, and for what is right to come to pass.  There are no guarantees but without hope, why continue?

I do believe as Beth has said that justice comes in many forms.

Paulus van der Sloot died over two years ago, February 10, 2010.  He was only 57 years old.  He'd lived almost five years after the crimes against Natalee, and never saw fit to do the right thing.  He will forever be remembered as the father that used his influence to protect his self entitled son (and himself imo) from the consequences of the crimes against Natalee Ann Holloway, denying her a proper burial and justice. 

Joran is not in Aruba anymore, that was his choice.  He went back to Aruba after Paulus' death to be with mommy dearest, chose to gamble to survive instead of getting a job.  Then he decided to extort money from Natalee's family with the promise of finally doing the right thing by leading them to her remains...so he could continue to gamble and not get a job.  Although he had tortured them for almost five long years, he would do it one more time.  He took the down payment from his extortion of Natalee's family and went to Peru to gamble.  When he'd lost all he had, and no one was willing to give him money to survive, he robbed and brutally murdered Stephany Flores.

Joran is still in Peru.  Although he escaped into Chile in an attempt to avoid prosecution in Peru, he was caught within days of Stephany's murder and they took his azz right back to Peru.  None of his attempts to wheel and deal to get back to Aruba or to Holland were successful. 

Joran is not in Aruba anymore.

Joran's has made many attempts since June 2010 to escape justice in Peru.  They've all failed.  He didn't need a translator but he tried to say the right one wasn't provided.  He tried to say his arrest in Chile and expulsion back to Peru wasn't legal, that didn't work either.  He tried to get his (partial imo) confession to Stephany's murder thrown out, no soup for you again Joran!  He even acted like a spoiled rotten brat at his trial.  He delayed the proceedings to "think about" what he'd already had a year and a half to "think about".  He was rude and completely disrespectful of the court.  That got him nowhere.  He was not in Aruba anymore.  For years, Joran's mother defended him concerning Natalee's disappearance.  She enlisted a group of friends to lie about Natalee and her family to protect him, to make him and their family appear to be the victims...while Natalee never came home.  No family member attended Joran's trial in Peru, Anita said she didn't want the media attention.  Joran even used Mary Hamer to keep him comfortable and try to make others sympathize for him, and although he may have been comfortable in prison for a while; ultimate epic fail!  It remains to be seen what will happen in the appeal process.  Hopefully, it will follow the same path as all his other attempts to escape justice in Peru.

Soon after Stephany was murdered, her father Ricardo Flores spoke about justice not only for her but for Natalee as well.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-06-05/news/27066308_1_van-der-hotel-room-peru

Peru cops grill Joran Van der Sloot; Security video may show last moments of Stephany Flores' life
BY LARRY MCSHANE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Saturday, June 05, 2010
Ricardo Flores, who buried his daughter Thursday, said he hoped Stephany's slaying can resolve the Holloway mystery. "My daughter was an instrument for (Natalee), so that there can be justice," he said yesterday.

As wreck said, I don't have much hope of Joran ever telling the whole truth about Natalee either.

But I still believe that justice comes in many forms.  And Joran being in a Peruvian prison burning up in the summer, freezing in the winter, with the rats and disease, without the comforts and favors of home...and his ever longing to be back in Aruba.  That is justice, not only for Stephany but for Natalee as well imo.

A trial in Alabama, whenever...will be icing on the cake.

It's all in how you choose to look at things, is the cup half full or half empty?  I choose to remain positive, and accept the justice that does come in whatever form.  I continue to hope for the ultimate, and refuse to ever become jaded to the point of considering Joran van der Sloot the big winner as long as he is incarcerated as punishment for his crimes.

JMHO

Standing  Ovation 

Magnificent!!!!!

Challapalca him!
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »

I have been living in the rafters for sometime following several cases, which started with little Caylee Anthony.   Natalee's case has been very difficult to follow for a long time, now, because I find myself having to scroll more than read.  However, that doesn't stop me from checking-in for "newsworthy" info.  Wish there were a way to permanently put an ignore button on someone who takes up a lot of space continually regurgitating quotes.  I don't read them, so I don't even know what they're about.  I just start scrolling whenever I see that particular poster's name.  "Thanks" to the rest of you for keeping me informed.  Now, back up to the rafters.

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »

I have a little RSS feed on a sideboard on my Desktop.  It notifies me when somebody posts here.  I can't tell you of the times I have dashed over thinking there was some new information only to have it be some irrelevant post from five years ago and totally negative at that!  Usually distorted as to meaning to start with also.

It's insulting to other posters' intelligence to assume they don't know these old basic facts or don't have the sense to know what to make of them and they need to be told what to think!

Agree.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »

I get so confused reading here ........ sometimes I think I'm reading at RU instead of SM. When I see posts that tell me Joran is the big winner, that Joran will win his appeal and Stephany will have no justice, I close my eyes and reopen them hoping I did not just read that at SM.   ::snipping2::

It went beyond confusing and became infuriating a long time ago for me jamcakes.

In order to continue, I scroll on by as has been instructed many times.

The claims of "devil's advocate" and coating the obvious with undying support for Beth to counter it don't change what it is imo.

I don't remember now if you were here when the contention was that Joran would be released before the trial for Stephany's murder even took place!  That went on, and on, and on too.

The same type thing happens in other threads as well; whole family conspiracies to murder and cover up, self righteous contempt for victim's families, excessive repeating and bumping of their own posts, constant off topic "life outside the computer room" info, etc. has convinced me that what it boils down to is highlighted in blue above.  I shudder to think how many times that has probably crossed the minds of others reading here at SM.  I really think the goal is to drive away long time members of this forum and discourage those who might think of joining here.  There is a purpose behind the seeming madness, and I truly believe the profile of one elderly lady with her cuppa tea is not doing it alone.  There's not enough time in the day for one person to come up with all this (crapola a lot of the time imo) and package it all up so neatly to post over, and over, and over again.

JMHO

I've got to ask, but I feel the need to preface the question with the statement that I'm not advocating or agitating for anything.  I haven't been a member that long, so maybe I don't have the right to ask, but I will.

Why has management allowed all the above for so long?  It certainly is distracting, disruptive, detracting and as you said, discouraging to the other SM readers/posters.  Their message just doesn't seem to jive with what others post, or the tone of SM in general, imo. 

I hope you didn't think I was ignoring your question jamcakes, it was just one that I wanted to take some time to decide what to say about it.  Still not sure I've thought about it long enough but here goes!

I would never speak for Klaas or the mods, but I can tell you what some of MY thoughts about it over the last few years have been.

Klaas and the mods have a huge task here.  There are many threads to keep up with, and they can't just focus on one thread; they have to check in everywhere to keep things running smoothly.  And they are all here as volunteers.  They do have lives outside of the SM forum.  Whether or not the "offending" posts are actually even read completely by any of those in charge I don't know, I do know that I certainly wouldn't want the task of reading all of a certain poster's posts. 

I'm not going to go back and find this, I'm going from memory so if I'm not remembering correctly, please someone find the incident point it out to me and I will correct my error here.  I recall a moderator asking said poster to stop adding their own subtitles (those usually in blue or bold or both) to posts because that tends to indicate the main idea of the supporting articles or other information that may not be what the actual author intended, or even what others reading here would consider the main idea of the material provided.  The argument was made by said poster that those subtitles came directly from the text of the article, but I was able to almost immediately point one out that was not.  Regardless, that activity continued and has only progressed.  I don't know if they have been accurate as to the content of the articles cited or not since then, as I have scrolled on by most of those posts.  My point in even bringing this up being, the request by the moderator should have been honored imo.  As wreck's summary of posts last night indicated, even though it may not be exact anyone who reads here knows that said poster likely makes more requests of the Admin and moderators than any other poster here, but refuses to honor the request from a moderator of them?  That just didn't sit well with me at all, and I have often wondered how that made the moderator feel when the activity continued and progressed. 

Unless you are one that reads every post and/or spends a lot of time in a certain thread, you might not notice the extremes that have been gone to at times.  That would also make it very hard to understand the frustration that has built with some and at times reached the boiling point.  This is one thing that I have had to remind myself of a lot.

A different opinion on things usually provokes discussion and gathering of information on each side.  It's done all the time here all over SM, and usually in a manner that both sides of the opinion may learn more about the subject, sometimes leading to agreement; and other times (maybe even after fighting it out) simply agreeing to disagree.  It has gone beyond that in this case imo, with one seemingly trying to overpower or frankly just wear everyone down with the pounding of regurgitation's often supported with out of context snippets that IN CONTEXT were obviously not intended as they are being used.  Wreck and Anna have touched on this subject as well, and I appreciate their comments about it.  This is a discussion forum, and the continual re-posting of things that have been discussed, and ultimately discredited without any new discussion provoking information, is imo disrespectful.  However, everyone here has a right to their opinion so unless you have seen the whole picture; it might be hard to see or understand how we feel about that.

For as many of us that agree enough is enough, there will be those that will not agree.  We may never know about some of them that aren't willing to post their feelings regarding this here, but Klaas will certainly have to deal with them all.  My sincere apologies to her for any grief I have caused her.  She is an extraordinary woman, one that I admire and respect greatly.  I don't have the patience, or even the desire or willpower to do what she has done here for so many years.  She does many things behind the scenes that many here don't even know about.  Plus she has a family and job!  Even if she comes in here and gives me the biggest smack down ever about all of this, my feelings about her and what she does here at SM will not change.  I KNOW in my heart that she tries to be fair to everyone.  She's had the guts to ban members here (years ago now, and rightfully so btw) that still cause her to be disrespected and lied about to this day.  She takes so much that many of us simply couldn't handle...in stride; and keeps on keeping on.  I truly admire that. 

I have the same admiration and respect for the mods that work tirelessly to support and help Klaas keep things running smoothly here.  And I will forever miss 2NJ.

I've previously stated what I honestly believe is and has been going on with said poster for a while now.  Surely they expected problems at some point, so possibly as much time and effort has been put into the defense of these activities?  We shall see, I guess.

Whatever comes, I feel better to have shared some of my frustrations and appreciate all who were willing to speak out as well.

Sorry for another really long post everyone!   Embarassed  Maybe I'll go get some housework done now.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »

texasmom, Ono and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

Wow, did something happen I don't know about?   

If so, someone please do tell!   

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »

I agree, Anna.   I also think that some of the robo-posting is done just to be hateful.
The Robo-poster knows that it infuriates so many of us and many just stay away rather than deal with her.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: June 13, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »

Sometimes when we understand others and why they do what they do, it helps us gain patience and/or tolerance.
We are not all perfect, especially me, as a frog I can tell you mistakes happen all the time, but hopefully
lessons are learned and with that I hope we all read this post and gain insight....that may help us gain
understanding & insight  I know it did for me a long time ago.
ribbit

Tamikosmom wrote:
Peaches ... I can relates to all your emotions.

In 1990 I had major brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of an egg. I had never had any symptoms ... not even a headache.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=21.1660

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: June 13, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »

carpe,

You are the most talented writer & voyeur
I always look forward to what you come up with next
and I sit at my desk and howl with laughter at the magical way
you bring sanity to this whole tragedy.

Keep up the good work man - you have an incredible mind and wit.

ribbit

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: June 13, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

Sorry, Kermit....I just don't get your drift.   Most of us here have suffered some
adversity and health issues...including a brain tumor.   Yet we can refrain from
the mass and repetitive postings.   I just don't think that is an excuse.
But I love you anyway!!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: June 13, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »

Sorry, Kermit....I just don't get your drift.   Most of us here have suffered some
adversity and health issues...including a brain tumor.   Yet we can refrain from
the mass and repetitive postings.   I just don't think that is an excuse.
But I love you anyway!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: June 13, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #499 on: June 13, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »

I hope you didn't think I was ignoring your question jamcakes, it was just one that I wanted to take some time to decide what to say about it.  Still not sure I've thought about it long enough but here goes!

I would never speak for Klaas or the mods, but I can tell you what some of MY thoughts about it over the last few years have been.

Klaas and the mods have a huge task here.  There are many threads to keep up with, and they can't just focus on one thread; they have to check in everywhere to keep things running smoothly.  And they are all here as volunteers.  They do have lives outside of the SM forum.  Whether or not the "offending" posts are actually even read completely by any of those in charge I don't know, I do know that I certainly wouldn't want the task of reading all of a certain poster's posts. 

I'm not going to go back and find this, I'm going from memory so if I'm not remembering correctly, please someone find the incident point it out to me and I will correct my error here.  I recall a moderator asking said poster to stop adding their own subtitles (those usually in blue or bold or both) to posts because that tends to indicate the main idea of the supporting articles or other information that may not be what the actual author intended, or even what others reading here would consider the main idea of the material provided.  The argument was made by said poster that those subtitles came directly from the text of the article, but I was able to almost immediately point one out that was not.  Regardless, that activity continued and has only progressed.  I don't know if they have been accurate as to the content of the articles cited or not since then, as I have scrolled on by most of those posts.  My point in even bringing this up being, the request by the moderator should have been honored imo.  As wreck's summary of posts last night indicated, even though it may not be exact anyone who reads here knows that said poster likely makes more requests of the Admin and moderators than any other poster here, but refuses to honor the request from a moderator of them?  That just didn't sit well with me at all, and I have often wondered how that made the moderator feel when the activity continued and progressed. 

Unless you are one that reads every post and/or spends a lot of time in a certain thread, you might not notice the extremes that have been gone to at times.  That would also make it very hard to understand the frustration that has built with some and at times reached the boiling point.  This is one thing that I have had to remind myself of a lot.

A different opinion on things usually provokes discussion and gathering of information on each side.  It's done all the time here all over SM, and usually in a manner that both sides of the opinion may learn more about the subject, sometimes leading to agreement; and other times (maybe even after fighting it out) simply agreeing to disagree.  It has gone beyond that in this case imo, with one seemingly trying to overpower or frankly just wear everyone down with the pounding of regurgitation's often supported with out of context snippets that IN CONTEXT were obviously not intended as they are being used.  Wreck and Anna have touched on this subject as well, and I appreciate their comments about it.  This is a discussion forum, and the continual re-posting of things that have been discussed, and ultimately discredited without any new discussion provoking information, is imo disrespectful.  However, everyone here has a right to their opinion so unless you have seen the whole picture; it might be hard to see or understand how we feel about that.

For as many of us that agree enough is enough, there will be those that will not agree.  We may never know about some of them that aren't willing to post their feelings regarding this here, but Klaas will certainly have to deal with them all.  My sincere apologies to her for any grief I have caused her.  She is an extraordinary woman, one that I admire and respect greatly.  I don't have the patience, or even the desire or willpower to do what she has done here for so many years.  She does many things behind the scenes that many here don't even know about.  Plus she has a family and job!  Even if she comes in here and gives me the biggest smack down ever about all of this, my feelings about her and what she does here at SM will not change.  I KNOW in my heart that she tries to be fair to everyone.  She's had the guts to ban members here (years ago now, and rightfully so btw) that still cause her to be disrespected and lied about to this day.  She takes so much that many of us simply couldn't handle...in stride; and keeps on keeping on.  I truly admire that. 

I have the same admiration and respect for the mods that work tirelessly to support and help Klaas keep things running smoothly here.  And I will forever miss 2NJ.

I've previously stated what I honestly believe is and has been going on with said poster for a while now.  Surely they expected problems at some point, so possibly as much time and effort has been put into the defense of these activities?  We shall see, I guess.

Whatever comes, I feel better to have shared some of my frustrations and appreciate all who were willing to speak out as well.

Sorry for another really long post everyone!   Embarassed  Maybe I'll go get some housework done now.   

WOW, TexasMom, I didn't mean to put you on the spot with my question.  I thought I was aiming it at the admin, but as I reread it just now, it was inadvertantly directed at you.

First I want to thank you for taking the time to answer me at all, and then with such tact and diplomacy!  Your answer explained a lot to me about the respect each of you has for each other (well, most). Scrolling on by is a left handed form of respect as well as of self preservation.  LOL.  I admire the respect for the mods and Klaas as well.

Maybe since this issue, respectfully, comes up from time to time, that the admin will revisit it and address it again.

I feel better having brought it up and supported by many who have endured it a lot longer than I have. Thank you again for all your long posts, and for not blowing me off.

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.