April 18, 2024, 10:17:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 478599 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: June 13, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »

I have mixed emotions about Urine coming to the U.S. for prosecution. On the one hand I wish that day was now and that he get the ultimate justice for Natalee, her family & friends, and everyone who cares.  On the other hand I wish for him a long, lingering, painful death in the hellhole Peru prison.  I can't imagine our worst prison being nearly as bad as where he is now and I don't want him to have even a millisecond of comfort or relief.  He doesn't deserve it and neither do his family/partners in crime.
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: June 13, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »

Sorry, Kermit....I just don't get your drift.   Most of us here have suffered some
adversity and health issues...including a brain tumor.   Yet we can refrain from
the mass and repetitive postings.   I just don't think that is an excuse.
But I love you anyway!!

Me three.  Greetings and love to all the monkeys.  It's good to see everyone.

Kermit, you are so right about patience and tolerance.  Even the worst of our experiences hopefully brings us to a place of compassion for others. 

Patience, tolerance, compassion........that's a two-way street.  IMHO, MUCH of that has been practiced here for a long time.  Those attitudes should be afforded to all who post and read here.  I think the frustration comes from a feeling of no such reciprocal consideration.  Perhaps that can change.

I love knowing that Joran is miserable and stuck in the worst kind of hell-hole. Just knowing that he longs for his old prison buddies and the scam he had going before, makes me smile.  I do believe we will find out more about Paulus and Joran one day, and what actually happened to our beloved Natalee. 

I hope Joran is covered in scabs and has bugs for breakfast, lunch and dinner....until he tells the truth.    

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: June 13, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »

Sometimes when we understand others and why they do what they do, it helps us gain patience and/or tolerance.
We are not all perfect, especially me, as a frog I can tell you mistakes happen all the time, but hopefully
lessons are learned and with that I hope we all read this post and gain insight....that may help us gain
understanding & insight  I know it did for me a long time ago.
ribbit

Tamikosmom wrote:
Peaches ... I can relates to all your emotions.

In 1990 I had major brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of an egg. I had never had any symptoms ... not even a headache.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=21.1660

Thanks Kermit but ... its OK.  My brain tumor was benign and following a rough six month recovery period 22 years ago that put my family through a h--- on earth ... deafness in one ear is all I have to deal with.  I asked God to afford me ten years so I could be a mother to my then seven year old surprise package son.  When son graduated from high school ... I had another talk with God.  Could it be that in 2040 there will be 93 year old Monkey named Tamikosmom riding the Justice Train as it rolls into Birmingham.

Anyways ... my posting style has been my posting style since the getgo.  It involves the submission of a speculation and the submission of a related quote/article that I based my speculating on.  Reading back ... at one time my input ... speculations and reminders ... was appreciated but ... two years ago that abruptly changed.  The sudden backlash is not a good feeling particularly because it is not understood but ... bottom line ... I KNOW that Beth is appreciative of my efforts and for the pas two years I have attempted to convince myself that is all that matters.

Ribbit!

an angelic monkey

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: June 13, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »

I have mixed emotions about Urine coming to the U.S. for prosecution. On the one hand I wish that day was now and that he get the ultimate justice for Natalee, her family & friends, and everyone who cares.  On the other hand I wish for him a long, lingering, painful death in the hellhole Peru prison.  I can't imagine our worst prison being nearly as bad as where he is now and I don't want him to have even a millisecond of comfort or relief.  He doesn't deserve it and neither do his family/partners in crime.

yuknomenot

My understanding is that the immediate extradition of Joran van der Sloot would be to face extortion charges in a Birmingham court.  After the verdict ... he would be returned to Peru to served a sentence of 9-28 years ... depending on the outcome to his sentence appeal.

It makes sense that Beth Holloway and John Q. Kelly do not want to be testifying against Joran in a Birmingham court at the ages of 78 and 88 respectively.

Janet

+++++

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

The political process is rooted in the extradition treaty between the United States and Peru. The treaty allows a person who's convicted of a crime in Peru to be extradited to the United States to face prosecution for a separate crime.

If convicted and sentenced in the United States, the person would be sent back to Peru to finish his sentence, then extradited again to the United States to serve time there.

But Peru's Supreme Court apparently wants Joran van der Sloot to first serve out his Peruvian prison sentence before standing trial in the United States on lesser charges related to the Holloway case.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: June 13, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »

I do not for one minute believe that Beth appreciates the bashing of Peter DeVries that
has occurred repeatedly on this forum.  I believe that Beth is appreciative of Peter's
efforts to help her bring justice for her daughter.  I believe that Beth considers Peter
to be her friend.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #505 on: June 13, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »

I would venture to say that Beth probably doesn't have the time to read here or at many other blogs.  There may be readers who keep her informed, though.  I would think they would shield her from unpleasantness and controversy even if she is so informed. I would think many of the posts she is shielded from would include posts that appear pro-Joran like as in Joran will be released from jail before his trial, Joran is the "big winner", Joran's sentence will be thrown out, Joran won't ever serve his full 9 years b/c of the powers that be or Joran will be extradited to the NL. Or the constant drum beats of the betrayal and the swindle on the Persistence.  And the vilifying of Peter deVries.

IMO, these posts are NOT respectful to Beth, and I find it hard to believe that Beth actually knows about them, let alone appreciates them.

For me, most of the time, when I read your premise, I don't understand it, or follow how it was deduced.  Most of the time, I'm like wha? huh?  A lot of the time I don't understand how it relates to the discussion at hand.

I'm not trying to attack you, bash you or disrespect you.  It seemed as if you were asking for some feedback, and i thought I'd let you know what I see and think.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »

I do not for one minute believe that Beth appreciates the bashing of Peter DeVries that
has occurred repeatedly on this forum.  I believe that Beth is appreciative of Peter's
efforts to help her bring justice for her daughter.  I believe that Beth considers Peter
to be her friend.

Friends do not always agree with friends but they are friends nevertheless.  When I post Peter Devries words while providing backup .... I do not consider it bashing.

Janet

+++++

1.  Peter Devries contends that Deepak and Satish were not involved in the happenings regarding the events encompassing the morning of May 30th, 2005.  Along with most Monkeys Beth believes in the Kalpoes involvement.

2.  Peter Devries contends that Paulus van der Sloot was not involved in the happenings regarding the events encompassing the morning of May 30th, 2005.  Along with most Monkeys Beth believes in the involvement of Joran's father.

3.  Peter Devries contends that Anita van der Sloot is a "good" mother who is being deceived by her son.  Along with most Monkeys Beth does not.

Loving Natalee - A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith - By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

++++++

Peter Devries  - In His Own Words

Paulus van der Sloot

Dutch Crime Reporter Peter De Vries Goes Inside Joran van der Sloot's Explosive Tape
Friday, February 08, 2008

<snipped>

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Do you think -- a lot of viewers send me e-mails. I have a -- we have a blog here, Gretawire.com, and they send a lot of comments. They're very suspicious that Paulus Van Der Sloot has more of an involvement than simply just the father of the man who was caught on tape. Do you have any information that in any way incriminates Paulus Van Der Sloot?

PETER DE VRIES, DUTCH CRIME REPORTER:  Well, Joran told on tape that his father smuggled a mobile phone, a cell phone in the prison when he was the first time arrested. And he was a judge at that time, so that's -- that's a sin.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329847,00.html

The Kalpoe Brothers

Cracking the Holloway Case?
Feb 7, 2008 7:00 PM EST

De Vries spoke to NEWSWEEK's Catharine Skipp about the case and his role in it to date.

<snipped>

NEWSWEEK: Do you believe that the Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were involved in any way?

No, not at all.  On the tapes Joran calls them stupid.  I don't believe they were involved.

<snipped>

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/3

How a sensational hidden camera operation
solved the Natalee Holloway case

<snipped>

Peter:  Jorans friends Deepak and Satish, who have been arrested for this case several times, are completely innocent. Joran declares with pride that he has abused them to create an alibi for himself. He calls them “very stupid boys’”.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/complete-story.htm

NANCY GRACE
Joran Submits to Questioning by Aruban Investigators in Holland
Aired February 7, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: Peter, where do the Kalpoe brothers fit into this whole thing?

DE VRIES: Well, they brought him to the beach.

GRACE: Yes.

DE VRIES: They dropped him there, and Natalee, of course, and then they went home. And Joran was asked by Patrick, the insider, What do they know? And then Joran said -- and you have to notice his body language at that moment, No, they know nothing. They -- I told them nothing.

GRACE: So they just got dragged into this unwittingly?

DE VRIES: Yes.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/07/ng.01.html

Anita van der Sloot

Dutch Crime Reporter Peter De Vries Goes Inside Joran van der Sloot's Explosive Tape
Friday, February 08, 2008

VAN SUSTEREN: What prompted him to toss that wine in your face on that TV show? Did you say something to him, or what was that all about?

DE VRIES: Oh, he was frustrated about me because I was asking questions all the time, and I was saying -- I was telling the audience that Joran lied several times, that he couldn't answer simple questions, and that he was always keeping silent to the police. And well, that frustrated him

<snipped>

VAN SUSTEREN: Did Joran's parents say anything to you at that point or even after the show?

DE VRIES: After the show, they apologized for what their son did. And I think his mother is a good mother. She loves her son, but she doesn't know what he is doing, I think.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329847,00.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #507 on: June 13, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »

to be her friend.

I've never heard or read anything to the contrary from Beth regarding him either Magnolia, and the constant negativity (same old stuff, much out of context iirc) that is posted every time his name is mentioned is uncalled for imo.  After 35 years of crime reporting Peter has helped many including Natalee, and there are many families who are grateful to him for his assistance in their respective missing persons cases.  Although I couldn't understand what was being said, that was very evident in the sincere messages sent to Peter when he was given the Forget Me Not award recently.  If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. 

Peter stayed with Natalee's case when others had simply given up.  I believe he would have gone to the ends of the earth if he thought the answers Beth and the rest of Natalee's family and loved one's needed to find peace and Justice for Natalee were there.  He was a constant thorn in the flesh for Joran, for which I am grateful and can't help but believe that Beth probably feels the same way.  jmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36tgjNHxJtY

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/36tgjNHxJtY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/36tgjNHxJtY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Also, I don't know Beth personally, but from what Red has reported back to us on many occasions, and from listening to her on Dana's show; I'm confident that Beth appreciates all of the support she and Natalee's family and the Flores family receive from all of us at Scared Monkeys. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #508 on: June 13, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »

I can't believe I'm being dragged in again............................................. what someone says their opinion is in Feb '08 doesn't mean they have the same opinion in Mar '08. Everyone's opinions evolve. People I listened to  4 years ago -- I might not listen to now.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: June 13, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »

texasmom, Ono and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

Wow, did something happen I don't know about?   

If so, someone please do tell!   

Don't ask me -- I'm just an innocent bystander.  LOL
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

to be her friend.

I agree -- I think he has been a source of great strength to her.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »

I can't believe I'm being dragged in again............................................. what someone says their opinion is in Feb '08 doesn't mean they have the same opinion in Mar '08. Everyone's opinions evolve. People I listened to  4 years ago -- I might not listen to now.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, but I think that is probably true for a lot of us.

We live and learn, I know I've learned a lot.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »

texasmom, Ono and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

Wow, did something happen I don't know about?   

If so, someone please do tell!   

Don't ask me -- I'm just an innocent bystander.  LOL

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, but I think that is probably true for a lot of us.

I got a picture of baby puppy "Wreck" in an email this week....He is a grown boy now and
he is adorable.   I would post it, but I don't know how.  Maybe TM will do it for me???
You will be proud, Wreck   And they say he is a really sweet and smart boy.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »

I got a picture of baby puppy "Wreck" in an email this week....He is a grown boy now and
he is adorable.   I would post it, but I don't know how.  Maybe TM will do it for me???

Magnolia - if you like you can email to me and I'll post it    smklaas@hotmail.com
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »

Magnolia - if you like you can email to me and I'll post it    smklaas@hotmail.com

Coming your way now!!   thanks!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »

nothing in particular --- just an example

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2012, 08:11:16 PM »

Well -- to return to matters at hand:   I am thinking Joran will be arriving in Alabama-The Beautiful sooner rather than later, and that's just the ticket, and in my view he has been dreading this possibility, frantically & almost neurotically, since May 2005.  No doubt he thinks Alabamians do not wear shoes, do not attend school, and live in huts.   It's the status image he finds abhorrent.
He's such a sporter, you know ... What a preppy ... He's too good to be held accountable for his actions in Alabama.  That's my opinion of what he thinks and what he fears first & foremost.  The humiliation is too much for him...  His legal brain is just too brilliant to be outdone in Alabama.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »

WRECK 4/10/2010  an angelic monkey

WRECK AKA ROSCOE - ALL GROWN UP 6/2012    

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »

Sorry for the O/T  Monkey Devil!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.