March 29, 2024, 09:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476746 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »

Sorry for the O/T  Monkey Devil!

Not really O/T.  They were born here in this thread.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »

Not really O/T.  They were born here in this thread.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »

Sorry, Kermit....I just don't get your drift.   Most of us here have suffered some
adversity and health issues...including a brain tumor.   Yet we can refrain from
the mass and repetitive postings.   I just don't think that is an excuse.
But I love you anyway!!

Me three.  Greetings and love to all the monkeys.  It's good to see everyone.

Kermit, you are so right about patience and tolerance.  Even the worst of our experiences hopefully brings us to a place of compassion for others. 

Patience, tolerance, compassion........that's a two-way street.  IMHO, MUCH of that has been practiced here for a long time.  Those attitudes should be afforded to all who post and read here.  I think the frustration comes from a feeling of no such reciprocal consideration.  Perhaps that can change.

I love knowing that Joran is miserable and stuck in the worst kind of hell-hole. Just knowing that he longs for his old prison buddies and the scam he had going before, makes me smile.  I do believe we will find out more about Paulus and Joran one day, and what actually happened to our beloved Natalee. 

I hope Joran is covered in scabs and has bugs for breakfast, lunch and dinner....until he tells the truth.    

I wish I could be positive about the "change" part, but unfortunately I don't see that happening.  This is not the first time it has come to this, and it's always the same.  No different.  Just more empowered, and more robo posting of SSDD.  It's already resumed.  

If you read the entire Greta interview that snippets were posted of as "back up", it's interesting especially when Paulus was one of the people addressed.  I don't believe the last comment here was included.  And if speculation is where it's at, could the first part below have been in reference to Paulus too?

Peter DeVries told Greta he would not speculate.  We all know in his position that is for good reason.  He is not an average citizen in a forum talking about missing persons cases.  At that time there was probably more than one lawyer for the Van der Sloot's, Kalpoes, and any others involved in Natalee's disappearance hanging on every word he said, just hoping he would say something actionable!

But he did say this, and note that part of it is no where to be found in the "back up" to the Peter bash posted earlier. (after second snip)

::snipping2::

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, there's a lot of rumors coming out of Aruba, as you might imagine. One thing I'm hearing tonight, that we had Daury Rodriguez on last night, who was the person who's actually identified on the tapes. But now there's a suggestion that there might be another Daury. Do you know, if there's another Daury?

DE VRIES: Yes, Daury Rodriguez is not the guy mentioned by Joran. It's another guy. He's in the news. I know that. But he's not the guy who was mentioned by Joran.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Where is this other guy mentioned by Joran, who helped, according to Joran, dispose of the body?

DE VRIES: Well, we don't know. The police investigators are looking for him. But I'm not quite sure if Daury is really Joran's helper because the first day, when he was talking about his helper, Joran said, I will never, ever mention his name. I will take that into my grave. And then the next day, when our man, Patrick, was pushing a little bit on that and telling him, Well, who was it, you can trust me, then he mentioned the name Daury. But I think he's protecting somebody else.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And do you know who that somebody else is? I mean, do you have any sort of -- besides just sort of a gut reaction, do you have anything independent to suggest who it might really be?

DE VRIES: Well, that's hard to say. Then I'm starting speculating, and well, I might not do that.

::snipping2::

DE VRIES: After the show, they apologized for what their son did. And I think his mother is a good mother. She loves her son, but she doesn't know what he is doing, I think. And well, his father, I have some special thoughts about him.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And I hope you'll come back, Peter, as you develop more information on those special thoughts, if, indeed, you get some more information on them. Peter, you're always welcome back here. So thank you, Peter.

DE VRIES: OK. You're welcome, Greta.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329847,00.html#ixzz1xikSYcLC

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: June 13, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »

I can't believe I'm being dragged in again............................................. what someone says their opinion is in Feb '08 doesn't mean they have the same opinion in Mar '08. Everyone's opinions evolve. People I listened to  4 years ago -- I might not listen to now.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, but I think that is probably true for a lot of us.

We live and learn, I know I've learned a lot.

I got a picture of baby puppy "Wreck" in an email this week....He is a grown boy now and
he is adorable.   I would post it, but I don't know how.  Maybe TM will do it for me???
You will be proud, Wreck   And they say he is a really sweet and smart boy.

I'm sorry I didn't answer Magnolia, I was in the middle of about three different things...one of them I just posted!  Of course I would have posted the picture for you had I been paying attention to what was going on!

Thanks Klaas for posting it!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #524 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »

I love grown up wrecks tilty head pose.....so adorable.

Ono, I agree with you.  I think Joran will arrive in Alabama sooner than later - very sooner.

If Joran can have powers that be behind the scenes, so can Natalee's loved ones!

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »

WRECK 4/10/2010  an angelic monkey

WRECK AKA ROSCOE - ALL GROWN UP 6/2012    

He is beautiful Magnolia.  I just want to cry, I'm so happy to see him.  He doesn't even look like the same little boy we loved when he was born, and grieved for after he went to his new home.

Thank you so much for sharing!   

Now I wish we could see PRDV....I wanted to adopt him myself!   Sad

If I hadn't already had seven dogs, I would have!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »

Correction, I think I may have even had eight dogs at that time...and one was pregnant!

Life in the country.   

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: June 13, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »

He is beautiful Magnolia.  I just want to cry, I'm so happy to see him.  He doesn't even look like the same little boy we loved when he was born, and grieved for after he went to his new home.

I did cry when Kim sent me the picture.   I really loved those pups.
They were a joy to me.   I couldn't have raised them without all the help from
you all.  I didn't know anything about baby puppies.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: June 13, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »

You did a wonderful job with those puppies, Magnolia!
You loved them, took excellent care of them, and grieved for them when they were gone.
No puppy could ask for more.
Just look at that big boy Wreck aka Roscoe!
He's healthy and happy because of you, and your compassion.

(((HUGS)))

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: June 13, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »

Sometimes a good O/T is a necessity  .
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: June 13, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »

I did cry when Kim sent me the picture.   I really loved those pups.
They were a joy to me.   I couldn't have raised them without all the help from
you all.  I didn't know anything about baby puppies.
I still don't know what I did to deserve such an honor!!! What fine looking dogs -- you did great job Mags!!!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »

Handsome and smart, just like you Wreck! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »

Well -- to return to matters at hand:  II am thinking Joran will be arriving in Alabama-The Beautiful sooner rather than later, and that's just the ticket, and in my view he has been dreading this possibility, frantically & almost neurotically, since May 2005.  No doubt he thinks Alabamians do not wear shoes, do not attend school, and live in huts.   It's the status image he finds abhorrent.
He's such a sporter, you know ... What a preppy ... He's too good to be held accountable for his actions in Alabama.  That's my opinion of what he thinks and what he fears first & foremost.  The humiliation is too much for him...  His legal brain is just too brilliant to be outdone in Alabama.

Ono

That is my hope also.

Could it be that at this point in time John Q. Kelly and the Birmingham Prosecutor are applying diplomatic pressure on the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet to overturn the Supreme Court's decision and rule in favor of immediate extradition..

Janet

+++++

THE EXTRADITION PROCESS

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot was sentenced today to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for strangling a woman there, and American officials are now expected to bring him to Alabama to face charges in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment.  They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S..

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Joran Van der Sloot to Fight US Extradition from Peru
Published May 09, 2012

<snipped>

Judge Zenaida Vilca informed Van der Sloot of the U.S. extradition request during a closed door meeting at Piedras Gordas prison just north of Lima. The 24-year-old Dutchman told the judge he would fight extradition, his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

<snipped>

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-to-fight-us-extradition/

May 8, 2012 6:55pm
Joran Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer Says U.S. Extradition Inevitable

<snipped>

The extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. on charges of wire fraud and extortion in connection with the death of Natalee Holloway will likely take place this summer, his lawyer told ABC News today.

“The power of the United States will assure that Joran has to face a U.S. judge and I think the extradition will happen probably in two or three months,” Maximo Altez  said in an exclusve interview with ABC News.

Altez spoke to ABC News after van der Sloot appeared in a jailhouse courtroom at Piedras Gordas prison, about two hours north of Lima.

Peruvian Judge Zenaida Vilca heard arguments by U.S. Justice Department officials pushing for the extradition while  Altez opposed the move on grounds his client could not receive a fair trial in a U.S. court.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-says-u-s-extradition-inevitable/

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

<snipped>

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #533 on: June 13, 2012, 09:22:37 PM »

Indeed!!

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »

Monkey Devil!   

What a precious doggie!!!  What a great face.   
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: June 13, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

I can't remember if I heard it on local news or read it on the net, but it was
said that negotiations were going on between the Peruvian and American Embassies,
and even went as high as the White House as to Joran's extradition.
I don't have any quote stacks to offer.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: June 13, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »

Like most of you, I get Natalee Holloway breaking news alerts via email.  Mostly I dismiss them because they are nothing more than repeats of the same thing over and over again.  Also, most of the articles are quoting Joran's attorney and I don't put much credence into what he says.  He's been proven to be mostly FOS. 

I am content to wait for new actual news and not reworded Maximo quotes 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »

Well -- to return to matters at hand:   I am thinking Joran will be arriving in Alabama-The Beautiful sooner rather than later, and that's just the ticket, and in my view he has been dreading this possibility, frantically & almost neurotically, since May 2005.  No doubt he thinks Alabamians do not wear shoes, do not attend school, and live in huts.   It's the status image he finds abhorrent.
He's such a sporter, you know ... What a preppy ... He's too good to be held accountable for his actions in Alabama.  That's my opinion of what he thinks and what he fears first & foremost.  The humiliation is too much for him...  His legal brain is just too brilliant to be outdone in Alabama.

I think you're probably pretty close with your opinions on Joran's thoughts and fears about Alabama justice.  Wish I could have "Sweet Home Alabama" piped into his cell blaring...or maybe on low volume so he'd wonder if he was really hearing it!

Monkey Devil!

And I hope you're right that it will be sooner than later.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: June 13, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »

Absolutely!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: June 13, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »

I can't remember if I heard it on local news or read it on the net, but it was
said that negotiations were going on between the Peruvian and American Embassies,
and even went as high as the White House as to Joran's extradition.
I don't have any quote stacks to offer.

Thanks Magnolia!  I hope that's good news!    ::justice2NJ::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.