March 28, 2024, 03:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #865 5/02/12 - 7/23/12  (Read 476386 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »

Handsome and smart, just like you Wreck! 

Absolutely!   

Ah, now I want to see all the pups!  Wreck is magnificent!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: June 13, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

I'm sure every effort will be made to extradite Joran in a timely manner and if that isn't possible, I will remind once again that he can be tried in absentia as Noriega was.

Being in that harsh of a prison will take a toll on Joran and his health if he even survives it.  He will never be the same.  And if he is released an old and broken old man, I really don't care and doubt Beth would either.  He will lose the best years of his life at the very least and never be the same again.

IMHO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: June 13, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »

I'm sure every effort will be made to extradite Joran in a timely manner and if that isn't possible, I will remind once again that he can be tried in absentia as Noriega was.

Being in that harsh of a prison will take a toll on Joran and his health if he even survives it.  He will never be the same.  And if he is released an old and broken old man, I really don't care and doubt Beth would either.  He will lose the best years of his life at the very least and never be the same again.

IMHO
Joran is only still alive because he is high profile and his appeals are not final yet. Joran is never going to tell all about Natalee until he is completely out of any leverage and has finally exhausted every avenue. Unfortunately, he won't grasp he is at his final end until it's too late --- he will be off-ed sooner than later. -IMO

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »

I think Senor Flores has been very patient in waiting for the judicial system to take
it's course.   I think that if he thinks Joran will be released, he has the means and
the know how to make his own justice happen and I don't doubt that he will use
any means necessary.   

::justice2NJ::I know that I would!!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:17 PM »

I think Senor Flores has been very patient in waiting for the judicial system to take
it's course.   I think that if he thinks Joran will be released, he has the means and
any means necessary.   

::justice2NJ::I know that I would!!
I totally agree! He CERTAINLY has clout in Peru.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: June 13, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »

It is nauseating to come back here tonight and see that not only has the
roboposting returned with vigor but I would guess that it is a delight for
her to do so.  She is empowered.  A massive slap in the face everytime she
picks old posts and rehashes. 

Do any of you know how many monkeys are sitting on the sidelines waiting for
something to happen......so that this thread can be like it used to be....a
place to welcome each other and have enjoyable discussions....no matter how
difficult the subject.

Heaven forbid you want to find another thread of interest....it can also be
taken over.

Sorry for the above but it has been a long time coming.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »

Sorry, Kermit....I just don't get your drift.   Most of us here have suffered some
adversity and health issues...including a brain tumor.   Yet we can refrain from
the mass and repetitive postings.   I just don't think that is an excuse.
But I love you anyway!!

Me three.  Greetings and love to all the monkeys.  It's good to see everyone.

Kermit, you are so right about patience and tolerance.  Even the worst of our experiences hopefully brings us to a place of compassion for others. 

Patience, tolerance, compassion........that's a two-way street.  IMHO, MUCH of that has been practiced here for a long time.  Those attitudes should be afforded to all who post and read here.  I think the frustration comes from a feeling of no such reciprocal consideration.  Perhaps that can change.

I love knowing that Joran is miserable and stuck in the worst kind of hell-hole. Just knowing that he longs for his old prison buddies and the scam he had going before, makes me smile.  I do believe we will find out more about Paulus and Joran one day, and what actually happened to our beloved Natalee. 

I hope Joran is covered in scabs and has bugs for breakfast, lunch and dinner....until he tells the truth.    

I wish I could be positive about the "change" part, but unfortunately I don't see that happening.  This is not the first time it has come to this, and it's always the same.  No different.  Just more empowered, and more robo posting of SSDD.  It's already resumed.  

If you read the entire Greta interview that snippets were posted of as "back up", it's interesting especially when Paulus was one of the people addressed.  I don't believe the last comment here was included.  And if speculation is where it's at, could the first part below have been in reference to Paulus too?

Peter DeVries told Greta he would not speculate.  We all know in his position that is for good reason.  He is not an average citizen in a forum talking about missing persons cases.  At that time there was probably more than one lawyer for the Van der Sloot's, Kalpoes, and any others involved in Natalee's disappearance hanging on every word he said, just hoping he would say something actionable!

But he did say this, and note that part of it is no where to be found in the "back up" to the Peter bash posted earlier. (after second snip)

::snipping2::

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, there's a lot of rumors coming out of Aruba, as you might imagine. One thing I'm hearing tonight, that we had Daury Rodriguez on last night, who was the person who's actually identified on the tapes. But now there's a suggestion that there might be another Daury. Do you know, if there's another Daury?

DE VRIES: Yes, Daury Rodriguez is not the guy mentioned by Joran. It's another guy. He's in the news. I know that. But he's not the guy who was mentioned by Joran.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Where is this other guy mentioned by Joran, who helped, according to Joran, dispose of the body?

DE VRIES: Well, we don't know. The police investigators are looking for him. But I'm not quite sure if Daury is really Joran's helper because the first day, when he was talking about his helper, Joran said, I will never, ever mention his name. I will take that into my grave. And then the next day, when our man, Patrick, was pushing a little bit on that and telling him, Well, who was it, you can trust me, then he mentioned the name Daury. But I think he's protecting somebody else.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And do you know who that somebody else is? I mean, do you have any sort of -- besides just sort of a gut reaction, do you have anything independent to suggest who it might really be?

DE VRIES: Well, that's hard to say. Then I'm starting speculating, and well, I might not do that.

DE VRIES: After the show, they apologized for what their son did. And I think his mother is a good mother. She loves her son, but she doesn't know what he is doing, I think. And well, his father, I have some special thoughts about him.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. And I hope you'll come back, Peter, as you develop more information on those special thoughts, if, indeed, you get some more information on them. Peter, you're always welcome back here. So thank you, Peter.

DE VRIES: OK. You're welcome, Greta.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329847,00.html#ixzz1xikSYcLC

Yikes, TM!  Well, if there had been any doubt, it's erased.   

They have always been particularly defensive about Paulus.  Perhaps that's why they don't enjoy Peter DeVries as much as we do. 

Nighty Night, monkeys.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #547 on: June 13, 2012, 10:50:11 PM »

Wish I could have "Sweet Home Alabama" piped into his cell blaring...or maybe on low volume so he'd wonder if he was really hearing it!

Monkey Devil!

ROTFLMAO

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »

I would love to see a current pic of Joran to see how he looks after just 5 months in a Peruvian hell hole prison without all the perks.  I bet he still cries into his pillow every night.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »

For our Australian friends who have never seen this program (a repeat)! 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/television/vanished-with-beth-holloway/story-fncnk810-1226395140455

Vanished with Beth Holloway
June 14, 2012  8:59AM

THE murder or disappearance of one's child is an unimaginable tragedy that inevitably shapes life from that point on.

Often, parents become campaigners for justice in a bid to help others avoid a similar fate. John Walsh, whose son Adam was abducted and murdered in 1981 (you may remember the 1983 telemovie Adam), became an anti-crime campaigner and went on to host America's Most Wanted.

Alabama woman Beth Holloway, whose daughter Natalee disappeared on a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island of Aruba in 2005 (and had a telemovie of her own), is also heading down the TV path with this show about people who have disappeared. She's not a particularly natural interviewer but she's passionate about the topic.

The first half of this episode recaps Natalee's story. A half-hour is not nearly enough time to do justice to the bizarre series of confessions and recantations from prime suspect Joran van der Sloot in the years since her disappearance.  ::snipping2::

Vanished with Beth Holloway, Saturday, 8pm, Ci
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »

It is nauseating to come back here tonight and see that not only has the
roboposting returned with vigor but I would guess that it is a delight for
her to do so.  She is empowered.  A massive slap in the face everytime she
picks old posts and rehashes. 

Do any of you know how many monkeys are sitting on the sidelines waiting for
something to happen......so that this thread can be like it used to be....a
place to welcome each other and have enjoyable discussions....no matter how
difficult the subject.

Heaven forbid you want to find another thread of interest....it can also be
taken over.

Sorry for the above but it has been a long time coming.....

Hi Mere!   

It's always good to see you!

Believe me, I understand how you feel and your frustration.

I don't really know how many monkeys are not active because of this, but my guess
would be A LOT. 

And I've experienced the same in other threads too. 

Nothing for you to be sorry about imo.

Thank you for signing in and sharing your thoughts.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:47 PM »

Well -- to return to matters at hand:   I am thinking Joran will be arriving in Alabama-The Beautiful sooner rather than later, and that's just the ticket, and in my view he has been dreading this possibility, frantically & almost neurotically, since May 2005.  No doubt he thinks Alabamians do not wear shoes, do not attend school, and live in huts.   It's the status image he finds abhorrent.
He's such a sporter, you know ... What a preppy ... He's too good to be held accountable for his actions in Alabama.  That's my opinion of what he thinks and what he fears first & foremost.  The humiliation is too much for him...  His legal brain is just too brilliant to be outdone in Alabama.

I think you're probably pretty close with your opinions on Joran's thoughts and fears about Alabama justice.  Wish I could have "Sweet Home Alabama" piped into his cell blaring...or maybe on low volume so he'd wonder if he was really hearing it!

Monkey Devil!

And I hope you're right that it will be sooner than later.   

Great idea --- the musical cell-piping.        We could alternate with: "Yea, Alabama, Crimson Tide" ...
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »

Well -- to return to matters at hand:   I am thinking Joran will be arriving in Alabama-The Beautiful sooner rather than later, and that's just the ticket, and in my view he has been dreading this possibility, frantically & almost neurotically, since May 2005.  No doubt he thinks Alabamians do not wear shoes, do not attend school, and live in huts.   It's the status image he finds abhorrent.
He's such a sporter, you know ... What a preppy ... He's too good to be held accountable for his actions in Alabama.  That's my opinion of what he thinks and what he fears first & foremost.  The humiliation is too much for him...  His legal brain is just too brilliant to be outdone in Alabama.

I think you're probably pretty close with your opinions on Joran's thoughts and fears about Alabama justice.  Wish I could have "Sweet Home Alabama" piped into his cell blaring...or maybe on low volume so he'd wonder if he was really hearing it!

Monkey Devil!

And I hope you're right that it will be sooner than later.   

Great idea --- the musical cell-piping.        We could alternate with: "Yea, Alabama, Crimson Tide" ...

Sounds good to me!   

::boxingjoran::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2012, 12:21:13 AM »

I would love to see a current pic of Joran to see how he looks after just 5 months in a Peruvian hell hole prison without all the perks.  I bet he still cries into his pillow every night.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Don't you just know he had the jail house pallor. ::boxingjoran::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »

any means necessary.   

::justice2NJ:: I know that I would!!
I totally agree! He CERTAINLY has clout in Peru.

He does have clout, and according to him...he had offers to do just that.
I admire his stand on the subject.  I'm just not sure I could have been that strong in his position.

http://nbclatino.tumblr.com/post/15586683744/reporters-notebook-lilia-luciano-on-joran-van-der

Reporter’s Notebook: Lilia Luciano on Joran Van der Sloot Trial in Peru
 09 January, 2012

Fear, rage and sadness…It’s hard to keep emotions aside when a story begins with a tragedy.

When I met Stephany Flores’ father in September, I couldn’t look him in the eye—There we were, walking into his home, moving his furniture around and asking him piercing questions about the violent death of his only daughter. If she hadn’t been murdered, Stephany would be exactly my age. But this man immediately offered one of the kindest smiles I had ever seen; “Estan en su casa”, he said politely and went on to bring us water and bananas.

Ricardo Flores is an admired race-car driver and a respected businessman who once ran for president in his country. Throughout our interview, Ricardo continued to break us with a bright smile and resilience to hold back his tears. He said he will only allow himself to mourn his daughter’s death when Peruvian justice dictates a sentence for Stephany’s killer; “Then I will be able to cry,” he said.    

When the hearing commenced, the Dutchman walked into the courtroom wearing a bulletproof vest. I immediately remembered when Ricardo Flores told us during our interview that people had approached him on several occasions to offer “their own kind of justice” against Van der Sloot. He said that was inconceivable and that he would never even think of such a thing. “I have a clean conscience and I must be able to face my family and god with peace of mind.”

On his way out from Luringancho Ricardo Flores said, ”Whatever the sentence may be, I trust it will be a fair one” and that all he wants is for this long painful process to be over.

Perhaps Ricardo will then shed his tears…

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: June 14, 2012, 12:28:09 AM »

Are there Shaman's in Alabama? 

http://nbclatino.tumblr.com/post/15586683744/reporters-notebook-lilia-luciano-on-joran-van-der

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2012, 12:38:31 AM »

Are there Shaman's in Alabama? 

Probably, and a lot of nightmarish people who do more than go "bump" in the night!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Challapalca him!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »

I support you all, and very often look for the "like" button to push, when I am not scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:40 AM »

Maybe there is room for them on the Justice Train!   Monkey Devil!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2012, 12:48:05 AM »

I support you all, and very often look for the "like" button to push, when I am not scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. 

Good to see you AZSunny! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.